Page 36 of 530 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Pokemon Thread V: Evolution/Capture/Release Speculation Station [UNOVA ONLY]

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    but Brock only had three Pokemon with him in DP.
    Exactly why they will probably have more captures, Brock got stale with only three Pokemon, surely the writers have learnt their mistake, yet im talking about the people who reset Pikachu every region and make it blatently obvious so eh.

I am hoping we get almost back to back evolutions like we did with tranquil and swadloon. So, maybe boldore and leavanny/a starter. The first starter that evolves will give us the sense of which direction the writers are going.

Off topic and almost afraid to ask this. How old is everyone in here? I feel like I am so much older than most people lol.

Here is a twist of the whole Krokorok thing, what if Ash caught Krokorok in the unaired episodes? They will not show a Pokemon for Ash unless it shows Ash to capture it. Maybe that is the reason it has not been on for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    Here is a twist of the whole Krokorok thing, what if Ash caught Krokorok in the unaired episodes? They will not show a Pokemon for Ash unless it shows Ash to capture it. Maybe that is the reason it has not been on for so long.
    Nah, no way would they be able to edit or remove so many episodes that it would most likely appear in.

If it was captured, you'd probably know about it despite the TR/TP episodes not airing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    You know, I have to agree with that.

Hello. A long time lurker here.

I did notice a lot of you mentioning that Ash will receive Gigalith only if he trades.
    I would like to remind you of Paul's Electivire. If I remember correctly it wasn't traded for anyone?
    There are also other "non-trade trade-only evolutions", including:
    -Misty's Politoed
    -Paul's Magmortar
    -Brock's Steelix
    there may be others.

But anyway, my prediction for league:
    Pikachu, Scrafty, Gigalith, Seismitoad, Pignite, Snivy, Samurott, Unfezant, and I guess he will catch that Krokorok sooner or later and Solosis after the league.
    During the league he will borrow his old pokemon:
    Gible; evolving into Gabite.

Hey, they're predictions. Everything's possible, right?
    Last edited by Suoma; 2nd December 2011 at 2:28 AM. Reason: misspell

So let's see, here's a compilation of all of the pokemon's battles that I can remember:

Pikachu:
    Snivy
    Pidove
    Panpour
    Tranquill
    Servine
    Pignite
    Galvantula
    Ducklett
    Krokorot
    Leavanny
    Excadrill
    Tynamo
    Emolga
    Maractus

Oshawott:
    Woobat
    Pansage
    Tranquill
    Watchog (Twice)
    Galvantula
    Tympole
    Palpitoad
    Timburr
    Blitzle
    Roggenrola
    Darmanitan

Tepig:
    Pansear
    Tranquill
    Lillipup
    Herdier
    Galvantula
    Dwebble
    Vanillite
    Druddigon
    Scrafty
    Chandelure and Eelektross
    Maractus
    Mandibuzz

Snivy:
    Pikachu, Tepig, Oshawott, and Pidove
    Servine
    Frillish
    Galvantula
    Gothitelle
    Simisear
    Pignite
    Pawniard
    Emolga
    Gothita

Tranquill:
    Pikachu
    Woobat
    Snivy
    Frillish
    Galvantula
    Yamask

Scraggy:
    Most of Ash's pokemon
    Axew
    Cottonee
    Mandibuzz
    Deino

Swadloon:
    Pikachu
    Dwebble
    Whirlipede
    Stunfisk

Roggenrola:
    Tepig (Twice)
    Oshawott
    Excadrill (Future)

Palpitoad:
    Oshawott
    Stoutland
    Darumaka
    Zebstrika
    Emolga

Axew:
    Pansage
    Scraggy
    Golett
    Beartic

Emolga:
    Simisear
    Swoobat
    Watchog
    Sawk

Excadrill:
    Fraxure and 98 other pokemon
    Haxorus
    Scolipede
    Beartic (Twice)
    Pikachu

Pansage:
    Oshawott
    Sawsbuck
    Chandelure and Eelektross
    Pansear (Future)

Dwebble:
    3 other Dwebble
    Dewott
    Litwick
    Gurdurr
    Deino

Stunfisk:
    Larvesta
    Swadloon
    Kami Trio(?, future)

Oshawott and Tepig have more than enough to evolve IMO. Even Snivy is getting pretty high up there. One of Cilan's pokemon should evolve soon too.

Not too bad honestly. Let's be a little optimistic about pokemon like Swadloon and Tranquill. Did Tailow have many wins before Winona's gym? I only remember it battling Ash's Pikachu, Brawly's Machop and Drew's Roselia prior to that and it lost all of those battles. I can see Tranquill and Scraggy being in the same boat as Tailow.

Gliscor didn't really have many battles at all compared to Infernape, Buizel, and Torterra... It battled Paul's Gliscor, Byron's Bastiodon, air master's Scizor, Candice's Snover, and Paul's Torterra and Drapion. Oshawott and Tepig already have more battles than Gliscor. It still looks like one of Ash's more powerful Sinnoh pokemon based on the quality of its battles though. Same goes for pokemon like Glalie, Heracross, Noctowl, and Gible. I think Boldore, Swadloon, and the other "reserves" will be treated similarly.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by Suoma View Post
    Hello. A long time lurker here.

I did notice a lot of you mentioning that Ash will receive Gigalith only if he trades.
    I would like to remind you of Paul's Electivire. If I remember correctly it wasn't traded for anyone?
    There are also other "non-trade trade-only evoltions", including:
    -Misty's Politoed
    -Paul's Magmortar
    -Brock's Steelix
    there may be others.

But anyway, my prediction for league:
    Pikachu, Scrafty, Gigalith, Seismitoad, Pignite, Snivy, Samurott, Unfezant, and I guess he will catch that Krokorok sooner or later and Solosis after the league.
    During the league he will borrow his old pokemon:
    Gible; evolving into Gabite.

Hey, they're predictions. Everything's possible, right?
    We don't know how Paul's Electivire and Magmortar evolved. It's quite possible it was through trades, but seeing as how the anime treats trade w/ item evolutions like the stones, it's doubtful. The same for Brock's Steelix. Misty's Politoed, though, was treated similarly to a trade, as it was transfered between Centers.

Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.

Wicked Witch got nothing on me

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Its not about the typing, its about the argument the argument is stupid...
    I don't see why its stupid but whatever.

He is attacking Pikachu because he is Satoshi main pokemon and he wants to challenge Satoshi, nothing else.
    Sandile specifically zeroed on Pikachu in the Trubbish episode, not Ash, Pikachu.

Yes but the situation is diferent like I said that explanation in this context is just dumb...I'm not saying the actual would be bad in other situation but here it makes no sense.
    And yet it makes perfect sense for Sandile to evolve just for the hell of it in the Ducklett episode? Sounds like my theory makes sense, if it wasn't about evolving or getting stronger, Sandile would still be a Sandile. Just because it can evolve doesn't mean it should've. Pikachu, Bulbasaur, and many other Pokemon refused to evolve. Sandile however was not against evolving and it was winning too, you don't usually evolve while your kicking someone's rear end (I don't think ANY of Ash's Pokemon evolved in that way, they only evolved because they were losing). This is no different than Cassandra's Paras who evolved just because it started kicking rear end, not to mention Cassandra wanted it to evolve, by beating opponents (though her reasons for wanting it to evolve, was to have Parasect which had benefits that Paras didn't).

Even a Slakoth evolved into a Vigoroth by kicking tail too, though that was to save the other Slakoth from Snorlax.

So I don't see why it's impossible or stupid to have a recurring Pokemon simply appearing because it wants to evolve, or to get stronger, which was resolved by evolving.

He has a purpose I still believe in what I said from the start, unless the writers change ideas I still think he will eventually be caught.
    They sure are dragging a capture, for a severely long time. We haven't seen Krokorok in forever and until it does, my theory is just as good as any.

Like I said countless times before, Sandile did seem like it was going to be important, but they've obviously quickly changed their minds, and sweeped it under the rug. Evolving it, regardless of how stupid you may think it is, was a good way to get rid of its storyline and move onto something else.

If the Pokemon really was all that important, Ash would've caught it by now, not just before the league as a Krookodile, and giving Ash his own Togekiss plot Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Suoma View Post
    Evolved Off Screen.

-Misty's Politoed
    It was as good as traded, it just didn't evolve for the hell of it, or it would've evolved when it first touched King's Rock.

-Paul's Magmortar
    Evolved off screen.

-Brock's Steelix
    Again evolved off screen.

there may be others.
    There was a filler in Hoenn that involved two Clamperl that seemed to have been evolved similarly to Misty's Poliwhirl (come on people, be correct, Infernape can't evolve for example, so saying DP163 was when Infernape evolved, is just inaccurate, it was Monferno, Infernape is the result of Monferno evolving).

In the episode, the respective Clamperl were given the respective items required to evolve, and then transferred directly to the Pokemon Center (I think there was some level of trading going on (not actual trading), but I can't quite remember), the next time they saw their Pokemon, they evolved into the respective Pokemon. Just like how Misty's Poliwhirl was transferred between two "Pokemon Centers." Which is different that accessing your Pokemon Storage. Since in-game in order for this to work, you'd have to go to a Pokemon Center, give "Nurse Joy" your Pokemon, go to another Pokemon Center (if it gave you that option), and somehow receive your Pokemon from the "Nurse Joy" of that Pokemon Center.

So transferring between Pokemon centers isn't really like accessing your Pokemon storage (in-game at least).

On top of that, that was all Pre 5th gen. As we see in the 5th gen, Trainers who catch more than 6 Pokemon, the Poke balls stop responding, and lock up. Prior to that they just transported to Professor Oak. Sure that was way back in Kanto.

However Iron tail for example changed animations between like the last episode of DP (although it was probably last used against Tobias), and the 1st episode of Best Wishes.

And changing animation of a move is probably a lot more complicated than changing certain methods of the franchise. After all a Pokemon can only evolve twice, but look at Pikachu and it will constantly use Iron tail throughout the series.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I doubt Forrest would trade Brock's Steelix without his permission though. Boldore can evolve while at Juniper's lab or something too.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderblade12 View Post
    I doubt Forrest would trade Brock's Steelix without his permission though. Boldore can evolve while at Juniper's lab or something too.
    This guy is right, some Pokemon that normally evolve via trading don't actually evolve via trade in the anime.

Most of the Pokemon in this case evolved offscreen.

You all seem to be forgetting something.

Forrest has his dad, and Paul has his brother Reggie.

Are you saying it would be impossible that they traded Pokemon just for the sole purpose of evolving and then traded back?

Granted that wouldn't exactly work for Forrest since Forrest implied that he did it naturally, but even if you ignore trade evolutions (items included), we still saw said Pokemon involved with the items.

Poliwhirl still had to use the King's Rock, SO Forrest would still have to have metal coat in order to evolve Onix, in some fashion into Steelix. Granted I'm not entirely sure I buy Forrest asking someone close to him to trade to EVOLVE Onix into Steelix, but I don't think it would be impossible if Forrest asked Onix first if it wanted to evolve.

We all know Paul's Pokemon all want to evolve, so it's at least more probable that Paul asked Reggie for some help with trading than Forrest, and Paul would force his Pokemon to evolve, so......

And like I said, in the trading speculation thread, there might be other ways to bypass needing to actually trade the Pokemon, it could be as simple as transferring it from one Pokemon Center to another, or something else that would "coat" Pokemon in some electric stimuli causing it to evolve.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Ash needs to get a joltic, he needs another electric type besides pikachu.

^ I doubt Ash will ever get another Electric type, but it would be cool if he did.

Anyways. I was thinking... Axew's dream is to evolve, right? But would the writers actually make his evolve? I feel like that would ruin him a little (like, he'd never be able to be in Iris' hair again). So therefore, i expect Kibago to evolve right before the Next Gen starts, when Iris will probably be replaced soon after anyways.
    Anyone else thinks like this?~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by octopusG44 View Post
    Um, isn't that the ability that stops critical hits? If it is, then Oshawott doesn't have it. Remember Trip's Tranquill getting a critical hit on Oshawott and winning after one hit?
    I'm assuming that the ability works differently for Oshawott if he really has it. Kind of like how Chimchar's Blaze ability differed from other Blaze abilities.

Oshawott:
    Woobat
    Pansage
    Tranquill
    Watchog (Twice)
    Galvantula
    Tympole
    Palpitoad
    Timburr
    Blitzle
    Roggenrola
    Darmanitan
    I love that you posted receipts. But how many of those battles has Oshawott won?

Quote Originally Posted by TruthSayer View Post
    I don't understand why he would need another Electric-type when Pikachu works well already. I think someone here already posted a wall of text explaining why Ash would need another Electric Pokemon, but it's probably on the old thread and I can't be bothered to look for it.

I doubt Forrest would trade Brock's Steelix without his permission though.
    Except it would be a trade-trade-back sort of thing, so Forrest wouldn't be trading away Onix. Plus, he has the multitude of siblings.

Boldore can evolve while at Juniper's lab or something too.
    Eww no. One of Ash's Pokemon wouldn't evolve off-screen.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I love that you posted receipts. But how many of those battles has Oshawott won?
    Like seven or eight.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthSayer View Post
    And what drugs have you been snorting to bring about THIS delusion?

No, I'm serious. What moves would it have? Thunderbolt? Pretty pointless when PIKACHU is showing it off 24/7. Another Electric-type for Ash is nothing if not redundant, retarded, and a hopeless fantasy for those of us without an inkling of good judgment.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Osiris View Post
    And what drugs have you been snorting to bring about THIS delusion?

No, I'm serious. What moves would it have? Thunderbolt? Pretty pointless when PIKACHU is showing it off 24/7. Another Electric-type for Ash is nothing if not redundant, retarded, and a hopeless fantasy for those of us without an inkling of good judgment.
    Knock it off, he can speculate what he wants and so can the rest of us.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and waiting for the guidebook(s).

Currently own: X and Y, Black 2 and White 2, Black and White, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Platinum, Diamond and Pearl, Super Pokemon Rumble, Ranger 3, Ranger 2, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Dragon Ball Z: Super Sonic Warriors. Guidebooks for Johto games, Unova games and Kalos games.

Own quite a number shinies, especially in Y thanks to Consecutive Fishing.

Own all 5 gen event legends in White 2, many came from my brother which I like to thank.

All I'm saying is there's no reason for Ash to ever catch a second Electric-type unless the writers can avoid giving it Thunderbolt or a similar move, which I don't see happening.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

All I'm saying is there's no reason for Ash to ever catch a second Electric-type unless the writers can avoid giving it Thunderbolt or a similar move, which I don't see happening.
    Yea i agree its probably never gonna happen but i would still like to see it. How would he handle an electric type thats completley different to pikachu. Would Pikachu get a little bit jealous. At the very least it would provide a bit more variety

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post

I don't understand why he would need another Electric-type when Pikachu works well already. I think someone here already posted a wall of text explaining why Ash would need another Electric Pokemon, but it's probably on the old thread and I can't be bothered to look for it.
    Joltic is also a bug type. So by your logic ash shouldnt have both oshawott and palpitoad since they are both water types.
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

Quote Originally Posted by thekorean View Post
    Joltic is also a bug type. So by your logic ash shouldnt have both oshawott and palpitoad since they are both water types.
    Palpitoad also covers Ground type and Swadloon covers bug type.

It could have Thunder (which would work well with CompundEyes), Electro Web for Team Rocket and other uses, Signal Beam for a strong attack, and something else. I would rather it not happen, but all's fair in speculating.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

I think Klink would be the only way Ash gets a Pokemon with electric moves, that's not Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    Knock it off, he can speculate what he wants and so can the rest of us.
    While Darth Osiris gets his knickers ridiculously twisted and over reacts to the discussion of a children's tv show, he's right. Ash will 99% likely never get another Electric type.

Page 36 of 530 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast