Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bring Back Bionicle Club, Serebii Forums branch

Topic time!

This week we'll be doing something different. Instead of asking a topic question, we shall be sharing Bionicle-related artwork. It can be photography, traditional or digital art, or 3D models.

Every day for the next 2-3 weeks (as long as I can do so without breaking my own rules), I will be uploading photos from my collection of Matoran, Rahkshi and other canon characters.

If the image you share is too big, it's recommended to put it in a spoiler tag. Also, if the artwork is not yours, you get a strike.

Spoiler:- I'll go first with a basic photo of Icarax with the Kanohi he wore before donning the Kraahkan: the Mask of Scavenging.:
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Well, that was a dumb mistake! -_-

Alright, this next topic had better revive this branch, or Bionicle may never come back.

Since it's Christmas Day, we will have two Christmas-related topics we can discuss:

What Bionicle sets have you gotten for Christmas in years past, and what (if any) did you get today?

How do you imagine Naming Day to be?

This link will explain the Matoran's equivalent to Christmas, that is Naming Day.

Yes, I commented twice in a row, and yes I gave myself a strike for it. I will probably get disciplined by SPPf staff for it too. -_-

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Actually, as Club Owner, I believe you're allowed to do that once. I'm not sure, though. One thing you can do is delete your previous post and then post your second. That might be considered double posting, but I'm not entirely sure.

In the past, I've gotten... I remember getting Pahrak-Kal along with a Star Wars and Harry Potter set. Most Bionicle sets I either purchased for myself or received for my birthday. I've gotten plenty of Lego sets for Christmas, but no Bionicle sets that I remember.
    I'm not much of a Christmas person, so I neither gave nor received much this year. I didn't expect to get much, and I certainly didn't expect any Legos. They've gotten a little more expensive over the past few years. In fact, I remember seeing a set for ten dollars more than I bought it for over the summer. Same set, same location, higher price. Good thing I bought it then.

I don't particularly like the concept of Naming Day. To me, names are important, and to change them for any reason... It ruins the importance of a name to me. But, as Turaga Vakama said, "Even as the Toa became the Toa Nuva, so too will these heroes have new names when their tale is carved in the chronicles."

Spoiler:- Credits:

Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

I've bumped it once before. Doing it again after then is wrong, hence why I gave myself a strike and await word from SPPf staff.

My first Bionicle Christmas got me the 6 Bohrok, the Tarakava and the Exo-Toa, as well as a few Krana. Later Christmases saw me get Pohatu, Rahkshi, Teridax, Jaller/Gukko, 5 out of 6 Toa Inika, Hydraxon, 4 out of 6 Toa Mahri, and Vultraz, among others.

Since me birthday is only 5 days after Christmas (yes, the same birthday as Bionicle itself), it's a little difficult to remember which I got for Chritsmas and which I got for my birthday. Come to think of it, the mention of Bionicle's nearing birthday gave me an ingenious idea for another topic!

The only reason Naming Day was invented was because of that Maori lawsuit. The names that were changed were not Maori though, but Portugese; I think LEGO just did it to avoid a similar lawsuit.

In Christmas 2002, I got Tahu Nuva and Pohatu Nuva, which got me started into Bionicle.

I've gotten a Bionicle set or two pretty much every following year until 2010. In 2007, I believe, I got Hydraxon + Vezon & Fenrakk. Good year.

I didn't get any Lego sets at Christmas, 'cuz I don't celebrate it.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrComboman77?feature=mhee My channel. Check it OUT.

Click here if you like video games, strategy, teamwork, and unique and creative characters. Oh, and battles: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...66512838875708

Let the cold take you...feel its power....

Topic time!

Because I'm beginning to take steps towards adding games to the official website, this week's topic shall involve them:

What is your favourite game hosted on the Bionicle website?

On the site? I never played very many, as I didn't my own computer for some time. I remember playing Glatorian Arena when it was new. It was fun, but the trailer made it look a lot better than it actually was. Then again, it was a browser based game...
    Good thing the site is still up. If I had the time, I'd go play some games on it right now!

Black Ice Xat

My Youtube Channel

OK, until I can come up with a better topic, the next few topics shall be about the many Bionicle games released over the years. This week's topic is:

Who did you often play as in the Voya Nui Online Game?

I always played as Hahli because I like blue.

The Mata Nui Online Game is now on the club site!

I hope everyone enjoys playing this game, because it's awesome.

Black Ice Xat

My Youtube Channel

Thanks for that, LordVader2719!

It's a new week, and that means it's new Topic time!

What was your highest rank in the Rhotuka Spinner Challenge?

I played the Rhotuka Spinner Challenge A LOT when it was on the site! My best ranking was 3rd in the Asia Pacific, and 8th in the WORLD! The game was simple, but still addictive!

Rhatuka Spinner Challenge? I don't think I had internet when that game was on the site.

I played some of the Mahri Nui games, but they weren't that fun.

Black Ice Xat

My Youtube Channel

Sorry it's late, but it's time for another topic!

What got you into Bionicle?

My interest started at the same time my K-Zone magazine collecting started (for those of you who are not Australian, K-Zone is a kids' pop culture magazine). The first couple of magazines I got had Bionicle comics in them, which first got me into the toyline with its characters and stories. I started collecting K-Zone for more Bionicle comics, but as soon as I did, they replaced Bionicle comics with Powerpuff Girls comics! :/

However I stuck with the magazine and got even more comics, including three mini comic books from the 2008 and 2009.

A friend of mine saw an ad in one of his magazines back when they were just released (I don't know what magazine), and showed it to my brother and then to me. Being... ten-ish, my brother and I really wanted one, so he got Tahu because of his awesome flame sword, and I got Lewa because... I don't remember why, but it became my favorite. There were six kids in the neighborhood, including my brother and I, and we each had a different Toa. It was awesome. Unfortunately, everyone "grew out" of it before the Rahkshi were released, but my love remained to this day!

I remember my grandma got me a Nui Jaga set for my birthday one year. I spent the entire day in my room building it, and ignoring the party. I don't regret that at all.

Black Ice Xat

My Youtube Channel

What got you into Bionicle?
    I think I just saw the toys in the shop and I ended up getting most of Set 1 over time.

I know it's very late, but nowadays it's very hard to come up with new topics.

Anyway, the topic for this week and next week is:

If you could be the leader of any population of Matoran in the Matoran Universe, where would you want to lead?

Last time I tried to lead something, it failed... I'll be a follower.

Onto a real topic!
    It seems that a one-of-a-kind Platinum Avohkii (Mask of Light) is being sold on Ebay. On the failbook Facebook page, we have agreed that we should try, as hopeless as it is, to buy this Kanohii as a club. Naturally, our leader, Machop, would hold onto it. We need to get about $30K (USD). UNITY! DUTY! DESTINY!
    Last edited by LordVader2719; 8th February 2013 at 10:28 AM.

Black Ice Xat

My Youtube Channel

Topic time at last!

What is your favourite web serial?

I'm torn between Destiny War and Reign of Shadows. I love how both tell the stories of multiple characters and groups at once.

It would be really great if someone could post. I have nothing to add to the current topic.

Black Ice Xat

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader2719 View Post
    It would be really great if someone could post. I have nothing to add to the current topic.
    I agree. Our members need to advertise more.

Anyway, it's time for a new topic once again.

What kind of story would you like to see when Bionicle comes back?

I personally would like to see The Shadowed One as a main villain, with his mysterious name. Since he's building his own army of rejects, I'd love to see what he could do with them.

There are a lot more villains out there too, so the story could easily become episodic the way it used to be in its first three years. Plus, the planet Spherus magna is massive, so there's more than enough room to explore and expand.

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1 Machop Fan View Post
    I personally would like to see The Shadowed One as a main villain, with his mysterious name. Since he's building his own army of rejects, I'd love to see what he could do with them.

There are a lot more villains out there too, so the story could easily become episodic the way it used to be in its first three years. Plus, the planet Spherus magna is massive, so there's more than enough room to explore and expand.
    Yes; also, a new Toa team of six.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeLegend View Post
    Yes; also, a new Toa team of six.
    Agreed. That'll most likely happen anyway because they usually do that each year, and IMO releasing all 6 Toa at once is better than releasing 3 at a time like in 2008, or none at all like in 2009.

The villains would have to be the Dark Hunters unless they made new villains. All of the Makuta are dead, if I'm not mistaken. Of course, new villains and new Toa would be great.

Black Ice Xat

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader2719 View Post
    The villains would have to be the Dark Hunters unless they made new villains. All of the Makuta are dead, if I'm not mistaken. Of course, new villains and new Toa would be great.
    Actually Miserix is still alive.

Anyway, it's topic time!

What is your favourite Mask Power?

You can have multiple answers for this if you wish.

My fave mask powers are the Kualsi (Quick Travel), the Olmak (Dimensional Gates) and, of course, the Ignika (Life).

Hey all, Matoro is back!

Mask of Possibilites, anyone?
    Don't know technical name.

Oh, speaking of which, I have about three boxes full of pokemon whose nicknames are formal Kanohi names. Always play with those.

[img]http://i41.*******.com/2dqo1e.png[/img]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Total clan wins: 25

Spoiler:- Credit:

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast