Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bring Back Bionicle Club, Serebii Forums branch

Waiting for more pieces to come in the mail is so annoying, I need the pieces so I can finish a custom set I have been building for ages
    I'll post pictures when im done, but I'm still stuck on the name
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the icon and SwornMetalhead for the banner.

I can help with names. Of course I'll probably just throw letters together like I do with almost ever name I create.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader2719 View Post
    Something awesome happened today! A few Bionicles came into my store today! (I work at a thrift store, if I haven't said that already) Tahu, Tahu Nuva, Kopaka, Onua, Pahrak, Kohrak, Tahnok, Gahlok, and Lehvak came in, along with some other thing... I bought them all, despite already owning Tahu Nuva and Onua, and all except Gahlok missing parts. Aside from the Kanohi and Krana, I should have the parts to fix them. I believe I at one point owned all of them except Kohrak. Not sure what happened to them, though. In any case, buying them (even with the missing parts) for $0.75 each is a lot cheaper than buying them online. Older sets sell for over $100 on Amazon.
    That's awesome! I'm jealous!

Perhaps that should be next week's topic; I too have some interesting shopping experiences I can share. I'll share them next week.
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

I knew you would be. :P
    That is the joys of working at a thrift store. Unfortunately, they don't come in often and are always missing pieces. I decided I'm going to buy any that come in, regardless of what parts are missing. At the very least, I can use them as extra parts. That's what I'm going to do with Tahu Nuva and Onua. I just hope I have the pieces to finish the others... I have a red Kanohi Miru. Not the right mask, but it's red. I have nothing for Kopaka. He's also missing both of his legs, which I might not have. :/

Black Ice Xat

My Youtube Channel

I knew you would be. :P
    That is the joys of working at a thrift store. Unfortunately, they don't come in often and are always missing pieces. I decided I'm going to buy any that come in, regardless of what parts are missing. At the very least, I can use them as extra parts. That's what I'm going to do with Tahu Nuva and Onua. I just hope I have the pieces to finish the others... I have a red Kanohi Miru. Not the right mask, but it's red. I have nothing for Kopaka. He's also missing both of his legs, which I might not have. :/
    Can you spare one of Tahu Nuva's flame swords? I need it to finish Shadow Stealer.

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Of course! I think I had extras to begin with, so now I have at least three extras! Tahu with two duel blades? Awesome.

Guess what came in today. More Bionicles! Unfortunately, the only thing I was able to grab was Turaga Matau and a few Kanohi. Fortunately, and unfortunately, I left my DS in my locker so I need to go back and get it. Along with the Bionicles I wasn't able to get. :P

Black Ice Xat

My Youtube Channel

Sorry for the delay, but it's topic time!

Name some interesting shopping experiences buying Bionicle sets.

In 2006 our local Toy World was closing down, and they were selling sets of 6 Bionicle sets for $20 AUD. Initially I didn't think much of it, thinking it was for recent sets that I had already collected, but I decided to have a look anyway, and was shocked to see that the sets were BOHROK VA! Overjoyed, I rushed out to tell my mother, not caring that I was making an idiot of myself in public because I was THAT excited, and she willingly paid for them for me (I didn't have $20 at the time).
    Last edited by No. 1 Machop Fan; 25th April 2012 at 2:12 AM.

A few years back our local Toy Shop was having a clearence sale sorta thing and being me I was the last to find out about it. They had sold most of the toys they had to sell just in 2 days and couldn't be there!! But when I walked in with my mum the next day after it had ended the shop owner stopped me and she had two Bionicle sets I had yet to collect which were Toa Vokama and Toa Onewa, she said she had saved them for me because I might like them and I got to keep them for I think around the 10$ mark altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by charizard88 View Post
    A few years back our local Toy Shop was having a clearence sale sorta thing and being me I was the last to find out about it. They had sold most of the toys they had to sell just in 2 days and couldn't be there!! But when I walked in with my mum the next day after it had ended the shop owner stopped me and she had two Bionicle sets I had yet to collect which were Toa Vokama and Toa Onewa, she said she had saved them for me because I might like them and I got to keep them for I think around the 10$ mark altogether.
    I take it you're a regular to that toy shop? Only regulars get deals like that!

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1 Machop Fan View Post
    I take it you're a regular to that toy shop? Only regulars get deals like that!
    Yeah and the owner sorta knows my mum.

Today, April 25, is ANZAC Day in Australia and New Zealand. The day we celebrate the sacrifices made by our ancestors to ensure the freedom of our countries and those of our allies during the two World Wars.

To that end, this week's topic is directed at Australians and New Zealanders:

Have you ever attended a Dawn Service?

Lest We Forget.

Today, April 25, is ANZAC Day in Australia and New Zealand. The day we celebrate the sacrifices made by our ancestors to ensure the freedom of our countries and those of our allies during the two World Wars.

To that end, this week's topic is directed at Australians and New Zealanders:

Have you ever attended a Dawn Service?

Lest We Forget.
    Yes I have with my Dad and grand parents two years ago. I can't exactly remember where it was held at because I was asleep most of the way there because we leftvery early in the morning. It is one of the most important yet sad in a way occasions.

Lest We Forget.

Nickname: Combo
    Favourite Character: Norik all the way! Vakama and Jaller are favorites too.
    Favourite Toa Element: FIRE
    Which unreleased character do you most want as a set?:Probably Toa Orde.

Bionicle was my childhood. (Though I still am a "child")
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrComboman77?feature=mhee My channel. Check it OUT.

Click here if you like video games, strategy, teamwork, and unique and creative characters. Oh, and battles: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...66512838875708

Let the cold take you...feel its power....

Quote Originally Posted by Comboman77 View Post
    Nickname: Combo
    Favourite Character: Norik all the way! Vakama and Jaller are favorites too.
    Favourite Toa Element: FIRE
    Which unreleased character do you most want as a set?:Probably Toa Orde.

Bionicle was my childhood. (Though I still am a "child")
    Welcome to the club!

It's Monday, so that means time for a new topic:

What race's culture would you like to learn more about?

I'd love to learn more about the Skakdi, who I think would play a major role should Bionicle come back. Learning more about the Skrall prior to the females' outcasting would be good too, both before and after the latter gained Psionic powers.

Welcome to the club!

It's Monday, so that means time for a new topic:

What race's culture would you like to learn more about?

I'd love to learn more about the Skakdi, who I think would play a major role should Bionicle come back. Learning more about the Skrall prior to the females' outcasting would be good too, both before and after the latter gained Psionic powers.
    I'd say it would be the Iron tribe of Agori and Glatorian that were wiped out of a disease. There was an Agori and a Glatorian remaining. I wish there were more.

Click here if you like video games, strategy, teamwork, and unique and creative characters. Oh, and battles: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...66512838875708

Quote Originally Posted by Comboman77 View Post
    I'd say it would be the Iron tribe of Agori and Glatorian that were wiped out of a disease. There was an Agori and a Glatorian remaining. I wish there were more.
    From what I heard, there are more, but they're scattered. Their leader was killed by another tribe after asking for help.

Did you know: Before changing their armour colour to orange, Iron Tribe Agori wore dark blue and grey armour.

From what I heard, there are more, but they're scattered. Their leader was killed by another tribe after asking for help.

Did you know: Before changing their armour colour to orange, Iron Tribe Agori wore dark blue and grey armour.
    Cool! I used to know alot of things about Bionicle. But ever since they cancelled the toyline, my friends and I held a funeral. Then we got into other things.
    But.....my friend just asked me if he wanted to make a Bionicle movie or something. Yay. Finally, the last un-released sets I want are the rest of the Toa Hagah. They would probably look SWEET.

I seriously need to dust off my Bionicle Heroes.

It's topic time!

Here's an interesting question:

What Bionicle character should not have been released as a set?

This refers only to characters that do have set forms.

I believe Thulox and Morak, the Hydruka, should not have become sets, as they had no story role. The fact that they looked so much like Gafna was, sadly, only a coincidence.

I like those sets...

I think the Bionicle Stars Gresh should not have been made. As much as I love Gresh, he was released as a normal set the year before the Stars came out. They should have picked a different character like... Jaller? It would have changed the story a bit if they used a different character, but not by much.
    Same thing goes for the Skrall set.

Black Ice Xat

My Youtube Channel

^ I don't know how I forgot the Stars!

Yeah, all the stars except maybe Rahkshi and Skrall we could've done without. Nektann and Rahkshi at least should've been canister sets.

At the very least, they should have made the Stars sets bigger. How many pieces were they? Forty-ish?

Black Ice Xat

My Youtube Channel

At the very least, they should have made the Stars sets bigger. How many pieces were they? Forty-ish?
    Not even close. The Stars each had between 18 and 21 pieces, plus the Golden Armour piece that came with each one. Nektann, however, only had 14 pieces plus the golden piece!

That's not even worth putting a price tag on! Seriously, that's only worth about $2 USD. A quarter of what they actually cost.
    Lego sets tend to cost about 10% of how many pieces they have. If it's more it's over priced. This is why I'm not getting the HF sets, which are pretty cool.

Black Ice Xat

My Youtube Channel

I don't know why.
    I sort of liked the Stars.
    Don't get me wrong, its NOTHING compared to the older sets.
    But still, its okay.
    I wish that Tahu was never made.

Yeah, I'm kidding.
    I wish...uh....well.
    No one.
    Of all the sets I've seen and heard of, I like 'em all.

Hi everyone it's charizard88, I got my name changed to PKMN Trainer Pat, soo to avoid confusion in the future I thought i'd let you guys know.

I'm not very familar with the Stars, I think i've got only 1 or 2 of the sets. I agree they should of been bigger.... way bigger.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast