Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dragonite Discussion

Not just FO, VGC is seeing double Rock Slide flinches one the first turn. Could definately be a boon there as they would break scale
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemom View Post
    Not just FO, VGC is seeing double Rock Slide flinches one the first turn. Could definately be a boon there as they would break scale
    Well, it could work in doubles where fake out and rock slide are seen more, but we were talking about singles. We usually do unless someone asks about/brings up VGC.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemom View Post
    Dragon moves only SE Dragons while Ice SE's Dragons, bugs, poisons, and (something else that escapes me ATM)
    Ice is super effective on flying, grass, and dragon types (I'm guessing stuff like Butterfree, Leavanny, and Crobat confused you.) Dragon is a good option to counter other dragons and when combined with flamethrower/fire blast gets perfect coverage (except for Heatran which surf/scald/waterfall destroys.)
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Anyone think Inner Focus can be better than Multiscale? It certainly has fooled people thinking my lead Dragonite is Multiscaled, so they try to Fake Out me and I kill them. I like it for the surprise factor.
    The only reason you should ever use Inner Focus over Multiscale is to use Superpower, or Heal Bell.

Dragonite should get banned due to its Multiscale and many more options. Weavile can 2HKO it with Ice Punch and outspeed it even after one Dragon Dance, but it's beaten by ExtremeSpeed. Cloyster can wall it but it can fall to a Fighting move after one Dragon Dance. CS Haxorus is probably the only good check to it due to Mold Breaker and outspeeding it at +1.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    Dragonite should get banned due to its Multiscale and many more options. Weavile can 2HKO it with Ice Punch and outspeed it even after one Dragon Dance, but it's beaten by ExtremeSpeed. Cloyster can wall it but it can fall to a Fighting move after one Dragon Dance. CS Haxorus is probably the only good check to it due to Mold Breaker and outspeeding it at +1.
    Hardly. If the opponent can't get rid of stealth rocks, Dragonite's multiscale is broken, making it much easier to take out. Many pokemon have priority moves such as Bullet Punch r, most notably, Ice Shard which revenge it with ease. It's also walled, depending on the set, by Max Def Ferro, Heatran or Skarmory. Many scarvers such as Politoed and Terrakion can outspeed at +1 and OHKO if multiscale is down. Lum Berry dragonite also has it's Multiscale broken by sand or hail, easy peasy, and if it carries leftovers, a will-o-wisp or T-wave will cripple it. Finally, pokemon like Cloyster who carry strong hit-more-than-once moves dispatch it with ease.

So, to summarise, Dragonite is far from being banned
    Rate My Team!

Yes, but Leftovers Empoleon with 252 Sp.Atk(this is a set that I'm currently testing) deals ONLY 52% when Multiscale is NOT active(I'm wondering how, however, because it should OHKO it at 99%) with Ice Beam. Meanwhile Dragonite is Dragon Dancing, and then he proceeds to sweep my entire team unless I have a Weavile.

That's why you use something like Starmie or Latios. Save Empoleon for UU

Ice Cold Fire

Quote Originally Posted by bugcatchersdream View Post
    I'm gonna nitpick here, but special DNite is outclassed by Hydreigon.
    Not really, Dnite can abuse Hurricane and Thunder in the rain
    Rate My Team!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    That's why you use something like Starmie or Latios. Save Empoleon for UU
    Empoleon isn't that bad. I used an offensive mixed Life Orb set (Hydro Pump / Grass Knot / Ice Beam / Aqua Jet) back when Excadrill was OU. It was pretty cool, its easy to forget Empoleon has 111 base Special Attack. Its bulk and typing gave it a lot of free switch ins.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    Yes, but Leftovers Empoleon with 252 Sp.Atk(this is a set that I'm currently testing) deals ONLY 52% when Multiscale is NOT active(I'm wondering how, however, because it should OHKO it at 99%) with Ice Beam. Meanwhile Dragonite is Dragon Dancing, and then he proceeds to sweep my entire team unless I have a Weavile.
    252 SpA Modest Empoleon w/ Leftovers using Ice Beam on the standard LumDD Dragonite deals up to 67% damage with Multiscale intact. That same Dragonite, even Adamant 252 Atk at +1, fails to OHKO without Earthquake. The same Empoleon can also score up to 56% damage against the bulky DD variant, which also fails to OHKO at +1 without Earthquake.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to edit in the IVs on the damage calculator. Ice Beam actually does up to 74% to LumDD and 62% to the bulky DD sets. Again, with Multiscale intact.

Default Mutiscale dragonite

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    i like having multiscale dragonits but it always in PO gets hit by an status or entry hazzard which ruins its ability.
    Hey I am in need of a Mutiscale dragonite, if you don't mind would you add me at JORDAN 4811-7442-0753. I would love you would trade me one of yours. Please and thank you.

closed for bumping

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123