Thread: My Rage-Quit Team

Default My Rage-Quit Team

Team Rage-Quit
    Minimize weaknesses, maximize resists and rage!

(Prankster) @ Leftovers
    Careful (EVs maxed in HP and SpDef)
    Swagger
    Will-O-Wisp
    Foul Play
    Recover

This guy is my annoyer that shuts down physical attackers and most ghosts and psychics. I use WoW or Swagger on the first turn, use the other on the second turn in case of switch, but also to keep wearing down the opponent. Attack or recover as necessary.

(Iron Barbs) @ Rugged Helmet
    Relaxed (EVs maxed in HP and Def)
    Leech Seed
    Stealth Rock
    Gyro Ball
    Power Whip

My main defense against dragons, especially those stuck in outrage. Most special fire attacks will beat him anyway so this guy is physically defensive to rack up passive damage with seed, his ability and his item.

(Levitate) @ Choice Specs
    Calm (EVs maxed in HP and SpDef)
    Hydro Pump
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Volt Change

This guy is set up as a tank who can take a few hits because it will be switching a lot then fire back with its strong special attacks.

(Flash Fire) @ Sitrus Berry
    Careful (EVs maxed in HP and Att)
    Flare Blitz
    Wild Charge
    Extreme Speed
    Bulldozer

I run Careful nature to take Scald better as the move is on most bulky waters who usually don't invest in SpAtt. Invest in HP to lessen recoil damage and add to bulk. Bulldozer is on here only because I accidentally bred a shiny growlithe with no Close Combat otherwise it would be here to cover steels and other fire types.

(Dry Skin) @ Black Sludge
    Adamant (EVs maxed in HP and Att)
    Bulk Up
    Substitute
    Drain Punch
    Sucker Punch

Standard 'croak to abuse rain and water teams that try to target Arcanine and Gliscor. He's impossible to take down once he sets up.

(Poison Heal) @ Toxic Orb
    Jolly (EVs maxed in Att and Spd)
    Protect
    Fling
    Earthquake
    Acrobatics

I use the fling set because most teams struggle to defend against a flying type attack with such high base power. Absorbs status other than paralysis.
    Last edited by DFang; 3rd November 2011 at 5:26 PM.
    Y Friend Safari, Ghost (Lampent, Phantump, Spiritomb)
    0387-8945-1496

BW2 FC: 4470 8794 6354

Take leftovers on

Also, use : instead of ; for Unova sprites

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

Thanks for the : tip.

I'd consider lefties on Ferrothorn, but there's the whole item clause in place on wifi. I suppose I could use big root, but that's very situational...
    0387-8945-1496

Quote Originally Posted by DFang View Post
    Thanks for the : tip.

I'd consider lefties on Ferrothorn, but there's the whole item clause in place on wifi. I suppose I could use big root, but that's very situational...
    okay, also, if you use WoW, doesn't it screw the confusion?

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin9399 View Post
    okay, also, if you use WoW, doesn't it screw the confusion?
    You are right, but it also provides extra damage each turn and does not lower the power of my Foul Play.
    0387-8945-1496

drop thunderbolt for trick on rotom.

It cripples physical attackers and walls/tanks and makes them useless.

And on arcanine try to get close combat on instead of bulldoze but if you can't then use morning sun.

Also intimidate would be a better nature than flash fire
    Last edited by Swagga09; 3rd November 2011 at 8:20 PM.
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Team Rage-Quit

(Prankster) @ Leftovers
    Swagger/Taunt
    Will-O-Wisp
    Foul Play
    Recover

This guy is my annoyer that shuts down physical attackers and most ghosts and psychics. I use WoW or Swagger on the first turn, use the other on the second turn in case of switch, but also to keep wearing down the opponent. Attack or recover as necessary.

Looks ok i guess. Swagger isn't really that good for him. I would rather use somthing like taunt.
    (Iron Barbs) @ Rugged Helmet
    Leech Seed
    Stealth Rock
    Gyro Ball
    Power Whip

My main defense against dragons, especially those stuck in outrage. Most special fire attacks will beat him anyway so this guy is physically defensive to rack up passive damage with seed, his ability and his item.
    Looks good.
    Timid, 252 speed 252 sp. atk 4 hp
    Hydro Pump
    Trick
    Hp fighting/hp grass/Hp fire
    Volt Change

This guy is set up as a tank who can take a few hits because it will be switching a lot then fire back with its strong special attacks.

Trick is awesome for crippling walls and you have the choice of what hidden power you want depending on who you need to take out.
    (Flash Fire) @ Sitrus Berry/Shell Bell
    Jolly/Adamant, 252 speed 252 atk 4 hp
    Flare Blitz
    Wild Charge
    Extreme Speed
    Bulldoze

I run Careful nature to take Scald better as the move is on most bulky waters who usually don't invest in SpAtt. Invest in HP to lessen recoil damage and add to bulk. Bulldozer is on here only because I accidentally bred a shiny growlithe with no Close Combat otherwise it would be here to cover steels and other fire types.

CC would have been better, but bulldoze could work. Shell bell could be an option to help ease recoil.

Bulk Up
    Substitute
    Drain Punch
    Sucker Punch

Standard 'croak to abuse rain and water teams that try to target Arcanine and Gliscor. He's impossible to take down once he sets up.

Nice.
    Jolly (EVs maxed in HP and Spd)
    Swords Dance
    Protect/Taunt
    Earthquake
    Ice Fang

I use the fling set because most teams struggle to defend against a flying type attack with such high base power. Absorbs status other than paralysis.

nononononono. Acrofling is noobish and doesn't work that well. Swords dance Gliscor bulky sweeper is much better.
    Changes in bold

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Don't max out evs if you do 255, 3 points are wasted. 252 is the same amount with fewer evs. With the 4 extra points you can add 1 to another stat.

Example, 252att/252/4speed for Archenine.

If you are confused there are guides for it.

I agree on the bulky SD set for glascor.

Spoiler:- Clan:

Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin9399 View Post
    Take leftovers on

Also, use : instead of ; for Unova sprites
    Actually rugged helmet, i'm assuming its Rocky Helmet in the english game, is great on Ferrothorn, with Iron Barbs and that item, it does more damage to pokes that attack ferrothorn.

I stand by rocky helmet on Ferro. Between the item, ability and leech seed, he racks up some serious passive damage.

While I've had some good success with acrofling gliscor, I am inclined to try SD/ice fang.

As far as the maxed out EV's go, i meant 252 not 255 so no harm done.

Arcanine I'll have to think on. I love having a viable shiny on my team. We'll see about CC even though that is the clear favorite.
    0387-8945-1496

A haxorus with a lum berry could potentially wreck a LOT of havoc on this team. It hits arcanine, toxicroak, and rotom (mold breaker) for SE damage with EQ, and after a dragon dance can ohko ferrothorn with a brick break, and since it has a lum berry, doesn't have to worry as much about WoW, unless you're lucky and get two of them without the person being smart and either straight up going for the ko instantly, or dd'ing and hoping for a miss.
    Then, without taunt on sableye, deoxyx-s can just taunt and allow a sweeper to come in and set up on sableye since all of its disabling moves are now blocked, especially if deo-s got dual screens up. And stealth rock hits rotom and arcanine for SE as well. This is just the deo-s set I run, so I'm not sure how common it is, although i've been hearing about it.
    And this team seems very physically defensive, but not so much specially, so you'll probably have to watch out for that as well. Otherwise good team.
    Sig under construction
    White FC: 5286 4282 7903
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    I am in about 3.5 relationships right now.

Team Rage-Quit

(Prankster) @ Leftovers
    Swagger
    Will-O-Wisp
    Night Shade
    Recover

(Iron Barbs) @ Leftovers
    Leech Seed
    Stealth Rock
    Gyro Ball
    Power Whip

Calm (EVs maxed in HP and SpDef)
    Hydro Pump
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Volt Change

(Flash Fire) @ Sitrus Berry
    Jolly (EVs maxed in Speed and Att)
    Flare Blitz
    Wild Charge
    Extreme Speed
    Close Combat

Bulk Up
    Substitute
    Drain Punch
    Sucker Punch

Impish (EVs:252HP,184Def,72Spd)
    Protect
    Toxic
    Earthquake
    Ice fang

Flingscor is crap.
    Ive changed most of the sets
    ill get back to others later