Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck (715)

This episode totally reminded me of Pokemon Snap and Todd. Hell, Robert was a Todd expy in my eyes.

As for the actual episode, though... Only 10 minutes away? We'll never know what mystery caused that? Were they high or something? Ooh, speculation...

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Great filler episode, I really enjoyed it the whole atmosphere of it was enjoyable, and the mysterious place/mountain really developed a nice feel.

I can't explain how I enjoyed it fully, but these were the major things that made it for me:

-Images of previous regional Pokemon
    -Small scene of Ash's bond with Pikachu
    -Mention of Ash being from Kanto, explaining how it's a great place with lots of Pokemon
    -Ash becoming good friends with Robert and carrying him once he passes out.
    -Seeing all four Sawsbuck forms.
    -The fact on how they were only gone for 10 minutes.

I'd love to see Robert return, he was an interesting character and got a nice bit of development, it'd have been nice to see the myseries surrounding that location explored more but besides that it was great.

9/10.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    This episode totally reminded me of Pokemon Snap and Todd. Hell, Robert was a Todd expy in my eyes.

As for the actual episode, though... Only 10 minutes away? We'll never know what mystery caused that? Were they high or something? Ooh, speculation...
    He even had the same Japanese voice actor as Todd did. XDD

OMG I actually thought that for a second...who knows what Amoongus spores did to them. xD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

This was a lovely episode, a breakaway from what we have been seeing recently and it was just really enjoyable to watch. I particularly enjoyed the opening scene which made me smile as well the night that never happened and the scene at the spring (it was almost captivating).
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I thought this made for a decent filler. My only comment lies in my usual liking for a pokemon debut which of course was Amoongus.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Decent episode. Seeing all four Sawsbuck in one episode was really neat.

He seems to be unfamiliar with the idea of a Pokemon photographer.

This also seems to have a similar plot to one of the episodes with Todd. Then again, there's only so much you can do with this kind of character. Catching a rare occurrence on film.

They should make a sequel to Pokemon Snap with this guy. :P

Okay, how many times has Ash seen Deerling? He really didn't need to check it, did he?

How did they get lost? They were running in a straight line.

Wait... why is the Who's that Pokemon Swoobat instead of Sawsbuck? Could have sworn they did Swoobat already. And I can't seem them doing a Sawsbuck episode again any time soon.

I question how pokeballs could be a lure for prey. Seems like something a pokemon would run away from.

You know, I just noticed that it's rare for an episode to span two days.

I was kind of hoping for an explanation on how all 4 Sawsbuck could be in one place.

You could replace this dude with Todd and the episode would have been the same.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

But that couldn't be because the grandfather would have been a continuity issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsead View Post
    You could replace this dude with Todd and the episode would have been the same.
    Except this guy actually looks good.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    How did they get lost? They were running in a straight line.
    I question how pokeballs could be a lure for prey. Seems like something a pokemon would run away from.
    The fog probably confused them or something. Maybe even they weren't really running in a straight line like it appeared.
    It was how the Pokeball-looking things looked like they were dancing, and the Amoongus were making sounds as well.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

This was an enjoyable episode, would've been better if they actually brought Todd back instead of giving us his Unova imitation. The whole premise and layout reminded me of the forest spirit scenes in Princess Mononoke.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This episode had a classic vibe to it
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Finished watching the dub version. I enjoyed it.

Robert sounded alright to me. Amoonguss sounded odd to me, but interesting no less.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Sweet episode!

The Amoonguss line looks as hideous a concept in the animé as it does the games I see...

Oh, and I really don't know why you're all confused about how the 4 Sawsbuck could be in one place tbh - Robert's grandfather stated why [also Narnia people, Narnia]!

I really liked the mystery surrounding this episode. It had a nice feel to it.
    I'll put something here...eventually

Nothing too special, but a very good filler. Robert's determination made him an interesting character. I liked how he referenced "catching them all." It was also nice to hear Ash talk about how most of the fun of being a trainer is seeing new things, exploring the world--that, to me, is a huge part of Pokemon. The twist at the end with time being warped was neat. Also, I really liked the beginning when Ash was petting Pikachu. I always get the warm fuzzies over their buddy moments.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

It's a good episode. Ash and friends meet Robert, a photographer who takes pictures of Pokemon. There were pictures of Pokemon from previous generations and that's neat.

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    This episode had a classic vibe to it
    I agree VERY much.. it felt like classic pokemon.. it had the right ingredients for a tasty classic!

loved everything about this episode, the music, the feeling, the magic of it.. this is what i love about pokemon..when they pull off these kinds of episodes.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

For a filler, I enjoyed the episode. Maybe it's because photography is one of my favourite hobbies. I'm actually not a fan of animal portrait photography, but I think Pokemon photography would be really cool (albeit dangerous.)

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Anyone besides me wish Todd/Snap had been in this episode? Anyone?

*crickets chirp*

Seriously, though, I liked this episode, even if it was reminiscent of the Todd episodes. Seeing all the sawsbuck was cool.

6/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I hated this episode when I first watched it and I still hate it. I thought it was boring. The writers could have been more creative here.
    e

I thought this episode was awesome. I liked how it showed all four Sawbuck formes. I still think they should have shown the four Deerling formes.

Quite a boring filler; it might have actually been more interesting if Todd had returned, but instead we got his reincarnation lol. Oh well, it was nice to see a Pokemon photographer in general and I liked that Robert used a Swoobat to aid him in his search for the Sawsbuck. I was bored the moment Ash and Robert got separated from Iris and Cilan though; neither did much to carry the episode so things got stale as they wandered around the forest alone imo. I found the ending to be really cliche, but the animation in general was really nice.

I actually liked this filler...sorta Narnia-ish with the fog time LOL
    The cotd really reminded me of Todd Snap from the Original Series...too bad Robert isn't a recurring character.
    We need to see more Pokémon photographers in the anime!

I am a proud member of the
    Extraordinary Gentleman's Organization (E.G.O.)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast