Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Four Seasons of Sawsbuck (715)

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    Horray for being late to the party~
    Horray denied!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi79ry0lmm8
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I liked this episode, Robert was an interesting COTD!

Best part of the episode for me;

"Don't tell me ... you're a photo sommelier?"
    "Lol nope."

xD

You know why I love this episode? Robert actually interacted with Ash in a funny and totally not robotic way. Plus he showed some realistic emotions that actually had me care about what happens to him. I miss having COTD's like this. And the ending was cute too (hooray for no walking-in-the-sunset). Somehow the way he only got a foggy picture out of it which only he (and maybe Ash) could understand was a unique idea from the writers.

I call Dent not being a photo Sommelier totally shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    ...I wasn't. This reminded me of Pokemon 4Ever actually xD Remember? It like had the Lake of Life and everything XDD I kept getting movie vibes, but my brain kept screaming "FILLER" but I was all "NOOO this is an emotional episode" xDDD
    I sort of got movie vibes from this episode too. I think it was the music in the second half coupled with just how emotional Robert was. The part with him laugh-crying after being poisoned was nicely voice acted. And the last shot with what the narrator said...very movie-ish.

I was wondering on the lack of Iris/Dent throughout the episodes but the ten minute - one day lapse at the end explained everything.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin
    How I would've done the four seasonal Sawsbuck story- Drop Robert, his "grandfather" entirely, and have the photo be in the Pokemon Center with Nurse Joy telling the story (maybe even seeing them herself when she was younger).

Have Ash train his Pokemon for his gym battle, hopefully using Swadloon, have it use attacks against Snivy/Oshawott. Have a swarm of Swoobat attack Ash and his Pokemon causing him to recall them and run off with Pikachu (this could separate Ash from Iris and Cilan). Have Amoongus attack Ash, Ash could use Tepig for all I care (preferably Tranquill). Amoongus attacks Ash near the same lake Robert was healed. Have Pikachu cry as Ash won't wake up, have the four seasonal Sawsbucks come out and have the lake heal Ash, waking Ash up to see the Sawsbuck.

Oh but no but that would be boring, because it would have no CoTD in it and Ash would actually be using his Pokemon. Oh HOW BORING.
    I agree with the pokemon usage thing. But really. The point of this episode was to be an emotional showcase of a photographer and the Sawsbuck. Your version isn't even this episode anymore, but more rather a rant about how you want all episodes of pokemon to have no COTDs (le gasp) and only pokemon. This episode not being what you want has nothing to do with the competence of the writers. There's more to a plot than how many pokemon show up yet that's all you ever talk about.

We're not bashing your personality. It's called debating, even if you think you're standing on the side with less people.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Something that i loved is that they played "Emotion" while looking at Robert's Grandfather's photo album.

The episode was a little odd, in the fact that apparently Ash and Robert weren't separated from Iris and Cilan for very long(Apparently only 10 minutes), not sure what the deal with that is...must be something in that fog or something.

I thought the episode was enjoyable. It was more of an adventurous episode over comedic, which is a nice change.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by CupidKirby View Post
    There's more to a plot than how many pokemon show up yet that's all you ever talk about.
    Except when we haven't seen a Pokemon that hasn't done anything for over 20 episodes, not even a measly cameo shot, unlike say Tranquill in the Scrafty episode.

Look I'm sure if the writers actually put effort into Ash's Pokemon, let's include Iris's and Cilan's Pokemon. I'm sure CoTD only episodes are perfectly fine. When they continue to deprive said Pokemon for other "more important" Pokemon or fill up episodes with crap that some people might not enjoy (Pokemon included or not), CoTD only episodes are really irritating.

It's like in order for the writers to focus on the non important Pokemon it can only be in a non-filler episode, and yet whenever it is a filler episode, instead of creating episodes similar to the episode Oshawott mastered Aqua Jet (excluding all the non-filler stuff) they decide to just decide to an episode just for the hell of it without any real consequence.

I'm sure this episode has its fans, and I'm sure some people like it but it doesn't have any value which would make people want to re-watch it again?

There's no way I would be like "Oh yes it's been years since I saw that Sawsbuck episode with that one photographer, I want to see it again." This episode is like candy, sure it might be interesting the first time, but afterwards its just a candy wrapper.

However if we were to inject a scene where Ash's Swadloon got to kick some rear end, or maybe Tranquill, <insert any other shafted Pokemon here> and I would rewatch this episode in a heartbeat just to see the scene where said Pokemon gets to have some awesome focus.

Just like Snivy and the Scraggy and Gothita episode, I might watch it for the Scraggy focus, but since Snivy was being a badass, I think I'd like to rewatch it just to see her kick Gothita's rear end.

This episode, just doesn't have that re-watch value that other episodes have. It isn't action enough, it isn't heartwarming enough, and it doesn't have very much comic relief in it, so why rewatch this episode.

This episode felt more like showcasing the Sawsbuck's forms just so they don't have to worry about the forms later on and showing that time is passing. Shame they couldn't throw the Deerling forms in there as well at least then it would've been more worth it.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

amazing episode!!! i cannot wait for the dubbed one in a hour
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

This was a wonderful episode rendition of Pokemon Snap; we get a character that reminds me easily of Todd Snap from the Pokemon Snap game and the the anime! This was a really neat episode. Especially with the history about the four Sawsbuck that reside in a single area.

Too bad Iris and Cilan were booted a lot from this episode, but it does add to the whole "possibly Inception" thing at the end. When they said "you were only gone 10 minutes" mystery.

Come on Nintendo, give us a Pokemon Snap 3DS game! This episode was easily teasing us for the demand of this game.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Was anything said about the images of the previous regional Pokemon?

This episode was not neccessary. Another COTD would wants to hold yet another camera. First it was Trip, than Luke, now this guy. Is there anything else for these kids to be than anything to do with film?

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Ugh...why introduce a new character when the writers could have just brought Todd back? He's been absent for such a long time he would have had that "new character smell" for the new viewers. That would also have appeased the older viewers who would appreciate seeing him again.
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 24th March 2012 at 10:37 PM.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

It was an alright episode, but I wouldn't exactly watch it again. Just one of those ideas where the writers wanted all four seasons of Sawsbuck in one episode.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Just one of those ideas where the writers wanted all four seasons of Sawsbuck in one episode.
    Yeah, just like how BW001 was an idea on how they wanted Ash to travel to Unova, BW002 was how they wanted Ash to see Pidove and catch one, BW003 was how they wanted a group of Sandile to attack, BW004 they wanted an injured Tepig to appear...

They have an idea for every episode.

Good ep one of the better BW ones. Had a AG feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Come on Nintendo, give us a Pokemon Snap 3DS game! This episode was easily teasing us for the demand of this game.
    I...really cannot agree with this statement anymore than I am. lol. Yes, yes, yes. We're so overdue for a Pokemon Snap game that it makes me sick and I think the 3DS would offer a great experience for said game. *crosses fingers* Maybe one day...
    Black FC: 5028 7872 0522 (Travis)

My shiny pokemon:

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Yeah, just like how BW001 was an idea on how they wanted Ash to travel to Unova, BW002 was how they wanted Ash to see Pidove and catch one, BW003 was how they wanted a group of Sandile to attack, BW004 they wanted an injured Tepig to appear...

They have an idea for every episode.
    They didn't have to put all of them in one episode smart one. The more natural approach would've been introducing each Sawsuck with its respective season.

They didn't have to put all of them in one episode smart one. The more natural approach would've been introducing each Sawsuck with its respective season.
    It's been Spring way too long in the anime. I don't think they would have enough time.

That would cause a few problems.

1 - It means the writers have 3 more formes to debut.
    2 - This means fans will rage when Sawsbuck is the focus of more episodes.
    3 - If all of the formes debuted throughout the BW saga, people would only be confused and annoyed at how it hasn't been a full year or hasn't shown the seasons properly etc. etc.

It was much easier to show all of the formes in a single episode as a special event/rare occasion, which the writers did perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    3 - If all of the formes debuted throughout the BW saga, people would only be confused and annoyed at how it hasn't been a full year or hasn't shown the seasons properly etc. etc.
    I agree but wait why can't years past and they still remain the same age? Like in Simpsons for example. Just cause Pokemon is anime doesn't mean it has to follow regular anime logic when they age right? I feel the series has lost its anime traits and has fell into a regular western cartoon years ago. (Of course its still anime but you know what I mean)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    I agree but wait why can't years past and they still remain the same age? Like in Simpsons for example. Just cause Pokemon is anime doesn't mean it has to follow regular anime logic when they age right? I feel the series has lost its anime traits and has fell into a regular western cartoon years ago. (Of course its still anime but you know what I mean)
    It could work, but personally i'd hate this to happen.

It annoyed me enough when we found out Ash was still 10, let alone having years actually pass and no age difference occure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lickilicky.my.Skitty View Post
    I...really cannot agree with this statement anymore than I am. lol. Yes, yes, yes. We're so overdue for a Pokemon Snap game that it makes me sick and I think the 3DS would offer a great experience for said game. *crosses fingers* Maybe one day...
    Eh! No more snap games, please!

Anywho, this episode was boring as hell. Why couldn't we see a battle between somebody instead of being in the woods taking pictures? What happened to Pokemon episodes being interesting?

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Quote Originally Posted by UnbelievableUrsula View Post
    Eh! No more snap games, please!

Anywho, this episode was boring as hell. Why couldn't we see a battle between somebody instead of being in the woods taking pictures? What happened to Pokemon episodes being interesting?
    God after DP we don't need battles shoved in our faces every damn ep. Pokemon is about the adventure not every ep has to be battling.

i agree with the1stpkmnfan, todd should've made an appearance, that would've been cool, but the writers seem to be focused on new content and not thinking of bringing back old characters. and i was surprised when ash seemed like he didn't know what a pokemon photographer was. also i swear robert's grandfather is voiced by brock's 2nd voice actor, bill rogers. during the second flashback he definitely sounds like him.
    Pokemon Breeder
    trying to bring people the Pokemon they love and want

White FC: 1807 2764 2067

Not Currently Breeding
    haven't been playing the game lately

*means that i have both dream world and regular versions

Currently Breeding:

amazing episode
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

So the picture of sawsbuck robert took is kinda like the loss ness photo. wouldn't you say?

So is it summer time? or is it still spring?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast