Page 180 of 190 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 4740

Thread: Homosexuality & Politics in the 21st Century

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    And that somehow makes what Rep. Scott Peters said is okay?
    Oh yeah, that equates to the lesbian police chief actually getting FIRED by the anti-gay mayor for her sexuality in South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    Oh yeah, that equates to the lesbian police chief actually getting FIRED by the anti-gay mayor for her sexuality in South Carolina.
    How does that have ANY connection to this other than serving as a Red Harring?

What Soul means is, Lutz, you have no sense of scale.

This is one incident by a Democrat compared to dozens or far more serious ones by Republicans on a weekly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
    What Soul means is, Lutz, you have no sense of scale.

This is one incident by a Democrat compared to dozens or far more serious ones by Republicans on a weekly basis.
    So we should let the Democrat slide on this? If this was a Republican you guys would be screaming for his head.

Even though what was said by the guy was not okay, I wouldn't use it to equate to the WHOLE party. I mean, I suppose you may have read about the NOM attacking DeMaio for gasp... holding hands with his partner and people even calling him a RINO for that.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-the...s-as-landmark/

So we should let the Democrat slide on this? If this was a Republican you guys would be screaming for his head.
    I have yet to hear one other Democrat throw his support behind him. Come to think of it, before you brought it up, I didn't know who he was.

Also, I have said several times that I would respect you if you would condemn people like Akin and Bachmann as the bigots they are. You refused.

Even though what was said by the guy was not okay, I wouldn't use it to equate to the WHOLE party. I mean, I suppose you may have read about the NOM attacking DeMaio for gasp... holding hands with his partner and people even calling him a RINO for that.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-the...s-as-landmark/
    "In other news Democratic Rep. Scott Peters is in a ton of trouble with the Gay community for insulting his Gay Republican Opponent on his website."

Please tell me where I equated it to a whole party, the only one doing that is you.

"In other news Democratic Rep. Scott Peters is in a ton of trouble with the Gay community for insulting his Gay Republican Opponent on his website."

Please tell me where I equated it to a whole party, the only one doing that is you.
    That is something Democrats would facepalm over, but at least you know that the whole religious liberty excuse won't be used because he's a GODLESS Democrat. He's not of GOD like Ben Carson who said Putin was right that America became GODLESS unlike Russia who knows how to put gays in their place! But that doesn't make him a bigot unlike that soulless democrat, because he is of GOD!
    Last edited by Silver Soul; 8th May 2014 at 8:12 PM.

Said like a true Democrat.

I personally am affiliated with neither side, but it really irks me when one side thinks they are so high and mighty and the other one is a complete steamer. News flash, both sides suck. It just fluctuates between who is sucking most at this point in time.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post

I personally am affiliated with neither side, but it really irks me when one side thinks they are so high and mighty and the other one is a complete steamer. News flash, both sides suck. It just fluctuates between who is sucking most at this point in time.
    While I kinda actually agree with you in a way, even as an outsider looking in it seems clear to me that the Republican party is a lot worse overall when it specifically comes to their views/opinions on gay rights, which was what Maedar was referring to, I think.

Not sure if anyone is saying they should let it slide. I think the problem here is that it may have assumed that your motive in posting that link was to have a dig at the Democrats or something. I have no idea whether that was your original intent or not, but the topic is certainly irking in a R vs D direction now...
    Last edited by I, Pink Elephant; 8th May 2014 at 10:43 PM.
    "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who

3DS FC: 5069-4145-2414 = Normal type with Kecleon, Dunsparce and Smeargle!

My current shiny pokemon!

Platinum: -
    HeartGold: -
    Black 2: -
    X: - (Clauncher)(Aegislash)(Bergmite, Avalugg)(Florges)(Chesnaught)(Tyrantrum)(Goodra, Flabébé)
    Event: -

Hunting for...

LeafGreen: -
    HeartGold: - //
    Black: -
    X: -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post

There are people out there that use religion as a way to hide their bigotry to hate on LGBT people and yet they get away with that. Not to mention those same people would praise Putin for how he treated gays while being silent on the anti-gay laws passed in Uganda and Nigeria. The same people that would force ONLY Christian beliefs into American law which goes against Separation of Church and State just to flaunt their religious supremacy.

To prove my point, here's the Benham Brothers having their show getting cut on HGTV due to their extreme anti-gay views and their father being head of the organization called Operation Save America. The same organization that protested against interfaith Sandy Hook Memorial and mosques while shouting "Jesus Hates Muslims!". Yeah, that's a GOOD Christian right there.

One of the Benham brothers, David, said homosexuality is attacking our nation and he even equated fighting against same-sex marriage laws to fighting the Nazi regime!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ref=gay-voices

Not only did he clearly flunk religious studies class, he flunked history class. People like this clearly have NO idea what the Nazis did to homosexuals. (Gas chambers were too good for such people in the opinion of those monsters. What did they do? You don't want to know.)

In fact, any bigot who compares the object of their hatred to Nazis is not only pulling a Godwin, he clearly knows less about them than even a high school history student. Rush Limbaugh coined the term "Feminazis", clearly having no idea that Hitler was a misogynist who outlawed feminist movements. (There is solid proof of this.)
    Last edited by Maedar; 10th May 2014 at 3:55 AM.

To be back on topic, those type of people are the ones that booed the gay soldier back in the 2012 GOP Primaries. That alone is proof that Republicans have long ways to go in gay rights. While the young conservatives support gay rights, not so much for the older white Protestant demographic who the GOP really caters to. Even Barry Goldwater thought it was a bad idea for the GOP to bring religion into politics because we have those gay marriage bans because of it and the contradictions of their policies to their religion.

Quote Originally Posted by YourFavoriteUser View Post
    Fantastic news!
    "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who

X: - (Clauncher)(Aegislash)(Bergmite, Avalugg)(Florges)(Chesnaught)(Tyrantrum)(Goodra, Flabébé)

Hunting for...

Edit: Btw, the Benghazi "investigation" is running smoothly. And by that, I mean the President and Ms. Clinton has absolutely nothing to worry about.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5283863.html

It seems like the GOP's goal is simply to prolong this as long as possible and hope people keep paying attention, believing their lies and never going to Google to check them.
    And this has to do with homosexuality how exactly? Take it to another thread.

Star-Lord

Sorry, Moogles, I meant to post it in the other thread. I'll edit it.

Arkansas judge cited Loving V. Virginia as a reason the ban needed to be struck down. Well, what do you know?

Another example of people who would use religion to hide their disdain against gays: Louie Gohmert according to him that a MAJORITY of America agrees with him that marriage is only between man and a women and compares the support for same-sex marriage to the Nazi takeover. An elected official who is wrong on EVERYTHING here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...r=Gay%20Voices
    Last edited by Silver Soul; 10th May 2014 at 4:59 AM.

Interesting news:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5287322.html

Seems HGTV has more professional pride than they do greed, unlike A&E.

Interesting news:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5287322.html

Seems HGTV has more professional pride than they do greed, unlike A&E.
    Now the next you know is the two will appear on some Fox News segment to say how their "religious beliefs" are being attacked on even though HGTV has a decent portion of the LGBT audience which is unfortunately bad for business in the free market as Republicans love so much. Only to do just that...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/hosts-of-...ous-gay-views/

So, Idaho's gay marriage ban is ruled unconstitutional and the judge used Scalia's dissent to justify the ruling. This happened a lot in the previous cases in the other states and I bet conservatives are fuming over this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5319857.html
    Last edited by Peter Quill; 15th May 2014 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YourFavoriteUser View Post
    Wow, a southern state with same sex marriage, I never thought I'd see the day to be honest. Now we just need for my home state (Louisiana) to legalize it and I can live here forever no matter what.

Well Pennsylvania's same-sex marriage ban being struck down by federal judge as unconstitutional, now all of NORTHEAST of America is now legal in marriage equality.

Also the judge who made the ruling was appointed by George W. Bush and recommended by then-Senator... RICK FREAKING SANTORUM! Well, how long reports of the guy exploding in santorum once he heard about this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...r=Gay%20Voices

Congratulations to Pennsylvania! Wow, the equality ball is certainly rolling over there in the US. It can only be fantastic news. Let us hope that the momentum dose not stop any time soon!

Hunting for...

Now that Oregon has its ban struck down, now more than half of America have their bans struck down. Especially Oregon because there will be no appeal because there is NO legitimate state interest in keeping the bans. So Lutz, there's that.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A4I0MA20140519

Now that Oregon has its ban struck down, now more than half of America have their bans struck down. Especially Oregon because there will be no appeal because there is NO legitimate state interest in keeping the bans. So Lutz, there's that.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A4I0MA20140519
    There is but for all the claims that people support gay marriage these court rulings based on what people voted on does not really strike me as a resounding message of people coming out for gay marriage.

Then again maybe they will when we start seeing the laws against incest and polygamy go down, which is a good thing. As mentioned there is NO legitimate state interest in keeping marriage between consenting adults from happening.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 21st May 2014 at 6:35 AM.

Page 180 of 190 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184 ... LastLast