Page 104 of 190 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 4740

Thread: Homosexuality & Politics in the 21st Century

  1. #2576
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Your basement
    Posts
    1,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Depends what's being tolerated of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    I said tolerance of others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Point still stands.
    And this point you speak of is what?
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

    Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle



  2. #2577
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    And this point you speak of is what?
    The fact that it depends on what u tolerate.
    they said that tolerance pf others makes communities stronger. But it really depends on what's being tolerated.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  3. #2578
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Your basement
    Posts
    1,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    The fact that it depends on what u tolerate.
    they said that tolerance pf others makes communities stronger. But it really depends on what's being tolerated.
    He already said that, I'm trying to find the exact meaning behind it. Are you talking about murder or what?
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

    Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle



  4. #2579
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    He already said that, I'm trying to find the exact meaning behind it. Are you talking about murder or what?
    yeah i suppose, he could be refering to the topic of this thread or, maybe pedophilia, or bestiality or whatever, i guess he needs to explain what he means.
    i assumed that he was referiing to thing like the ones i had mentioned.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  5. #2580
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    INSIDE...
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    yeah i suppose, he could be refering to the topic of this thread or, maybe pedophilia, or bestiality or whatever, i guess he needs to explain what he means.
    i assumed that he was referiing to thing like the ones i had mentioned.
    That's true, and if that's the case, he's right in principle, but illegal sexual practices like pedophilia or bestiality (sodomy notwithstanding...) aren't really related to homosexuality. Or anything under the LGBTQ umbrella, really.


    SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

    Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama


  6. #2581
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserin View Post
    That's true, and if that's the case, he's right in principle, but illegal sexual practices like pedophilia or bestiality (sodomy notwithstanding...) aren't really related to homosexuality. Or anything under the LGBTQ umbrella, really.
    well, that depends.
    homosexuality, bestiality and pedophilia, are all sexual attractions that differ from the majority.
    The reason that the latter two are illiagal is because they can lead to negative situations.
    But if we take the opinion that people have reinforced throught this debate, that beople are born with their sexuality and there is no way to change it, then you basically have condemned the people who have been "born this way" to live as a danger to others.
    And yes people could say the same thing about homosexuality, but i repeat, the latter two are known to have negative results.
    So you can say that it is possible to change your orientation (which it is), thus giving those poeple a chance to be deemed "safe", or you can say that you cant, thus conemning others "dangerous" due to something that they had no control over. Thus if you are gay and condemn a pedophile, who had no control over what orientation that he was born with, then you a hypocrite.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  7. #2582
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    well, that depends.
    homosexuality, bestiality and pedophilia, are all sexual attractions that differ from the majority.
    The reason that the latter two are illiagal is because they can lead to negative situations.
    But if we take the opinion that people have reinforced throught this debate, that beople are born with their sexuality and there is no way to change it, then you basically have condemned the people who have been "born this way" to live as a danger to others.
    And yes people could say the same thing about homosexuality, but i repeat, the latter two are known to have negative results.
    So you can say that it is possible to change your orientation (which it is), thus giving those poeple a chance to be deemed "safe", or you can say that you cant, thus conemning others "dangerous" due to something that they had no control over. Thus if you are gay and condemn a pedophile, who had no control over what orientation that he was born with, then you a hypocrite.
    No. The reason that the latter two are illegal is because a child and an animal cannot give consent.

  8. #2583
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    No. The reason that the latter two are illegal is because a child and an animal cannot give consent.
    thus creating a negative situation.
    and plus both those are frowned upon anyways, even if they weren't illigal.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  9. #2584
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Again, neither of those two things can give consent, so their is no "hypocrisy" here. An adult/older male and woman can give consent.

    We're talking apples and oranges here. You may as well say heterosexuals are hypocrites too.

  10. #2585
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    well, that depends.
    homosexuality, bestiality and pedophilia, are all sexual attractions that differ from the majority.
    The reason that the latter two are illiagal is because they can lead to negative situations.
    But if we take the opinion that people have reinforced throught this debate, that beople are born with their sexuality and there is no way to change it, then you basically have condemned the people who have been "born this way" to live as a danger to others.
    And yes people could say the same thing about homosexuality, but i repeat, the latter two are known to have negative results.
    So you can say that it is possible to change your orientation (which it is), thus giving those poeple a chance to be deemed "safe", or you can say that you cant, thus conemning others "dangerous" due to something that they had no control over. Thus if you are gay and condemn a pedophile, who had no control over what orientation that he was born with, then you a hypocrite.
    This... doesn't make any sense. You admit paedophilia is wrong but then complain that gay people doing the same thing is hypocritical? Gay people "condemn" paedophilia for the same reason you do. Yeah, they can't help it, but that doesn't somehow make homosexuals somehow hypocritical.

    (also, please tidy up your grammar. Your posts are extremely difficult to understand.)

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus
    A classy gay can be my friend but not some promiscuous, raging homosexual
    :V
    Last edited by Grey Wind; 2nd December 2012 at 9:30 PM.
    AS:

  11. #2586
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    unfunny location
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    well, that depends.
    homosexuality, bestiality and pedophilia, are all sexual attractions that differ from the majority.
    The reason that the latter two are illiagal is because they can lead to negative situations.
    But if we take the opinion that people have reinforced throught this debate, that beople are born with their sexuality and there is no way to change it, then you basically have condemned the people who have been "born this way" to live as a danger to others.
    And yes people could say the same thing about homosexuality, but i repeat, the latter two are known to have negative results.
    So you can say that it is possible to change your orientation (which it is), thus giving those poeple a chance to be deemed "safe", or you can say that you cant, thus conemning others "dangerous" due to something that they had no control over. Thus if you are gay and condemn a pedophile, who had no control over what orientation that he was born with, then you a hypocrite.
    Yes, bestiality and pedophilia create negative situations because kids and animals can't give consent, as previously mentioned. However, what negative situation does homosexuality create between two consenting adults?
    Pokemon isn't real, I'm sorry

  12. #2587
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    This... doesn't make any sense. You admit paedophilia is wrong but then complain that gay people doing the same thing is hypocritical? Gay people "condemn" paedophilia for the same reason you do. Yeah, they can't help it, but that doesn't somehow make homosexuals somehow hypocritical.

    (also, please tidy up your grammar. Your posts are extremely difficult to understand.)
    "But if we take the opinion that people have reinforced throught this debate, that beople are born with their sexuality and there is no way to change it, then you basically have condemned the people who have been "born this way" to live as a danger to others."
    ^ that is what i said.
    And apparently it needs to be said again.

    lets say it this way, you condemn people cuz of something that they cant control is wrong, and as i said before, you can change your sexuality.
    a pedophile can change to be gay/straight/bestial, and a bestial can change to be gay/straight/pedophile.
    and then the flip is a straight person can become a gay/pedophile/bestial, and a gay can change to be straight/pedophile/bestial.

    you can condemn all people who are born that way or u can give them a way out. Like changing sexuality. And as i said before, it is possible, this is basically me continuing that line of thought.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  13. #2588
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Again, neither of those two things can give consent, so their is no "hypocrisy" here. An adult/older male and woman can give consent.

    We're talking apples and oranges here. You may as well say heterosexuals are hypocrites too.
    I think he meant the attraction, not the actual act of sex. In that case, and only that case, homosexuality is the same as pedophilia.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  14. #2589
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    421

    Default

    WHAT!? How did I get an F on the Kinsey Scale Test?



    Anyway, the whole thing about homosexuals not having the same rights as everyone else is not only sexist but a violation of the separation of church and state and so it shouldn't even be a valid issue.

  15. #2590
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    I think he meant the attraction, not the actual act of sex. In that case, and only that case, homosexuality is the same as pedophilia.
    yes, that was my point, gays say that they can be gay cuz they were born that way, but pedophiles would have the same circumstances. they just "happened" to be born with an attraction that others frown upon. (they are in the same circumstances as gays and by saying that u cant change ur sexuality, you have condemned them to life as what the whole world (gays and straights) would call a freak.)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  16. #2591
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    I think he meant the attraction, not the actual act of sex. In that case, and only that case, homosexuality is the same as pedophilia.
    In that sense, heterosexuality is the same as pedophilia.

  17. #2592
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Strange House
    Posts
    47

    Default

    I find this debate a constant point of interest for me, particularly because I am a homosexual male, and have been a self actualized one for the past ten years -- and I can only speak from personal experience, but I found that my interest in boys truly began to peak after high school. I, however, can't deny that the thought of being attracted to guys isn't something that didn't linger in the dark corners of my mind from very early adolescence. My first 'homosexual' experience being at 12.

    But given the amount of ridicule and fear associated with being a teenager, much less a gay one, it was something that I to some degree consciously subdued to the point of blatant denial. I went on to date girls all throughout high school, and have even been with women sexually. But it was only after I left high school and went to college that began to see the world through different eyes, and I began to explore the side of me that was always there, but was too afraid to acknowledge. It was then, and only then that I realized what I truly wanted to make myself happy, and it wasn't pretending to express love and joy at being with a woman. I could not and would not live a lie for the sake of societal acceptance, and nor would I want to mislead or deceive another soul to make myself feel better.

    I'm not gonna lie and say that there wasn't some learned aspect to my developing sexually as a gay man, but in order for that to take place there has to already be shadow of doubt that exists in your heart, and I have never met anyone, gay or otherwise, who does not understand their own heart and mind. Whether you choose to acknowledge that is one thing, but if it exists, it's only a matter of time before you meet that part of yourself that you go out of your way to hide.

    Some people never do, and some are too scared to ever try because of social or familial pressures, but I can tell you with certainty that on some level, they're most certainly aware of it.
    Last edited by Useless; 3rd December 2012 at 12:09 AM.
    |Shining Espeon by Useless|


    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Damit Ampharos should not look like Fabio. You're a sheep, dammit.

  18. #2593
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    In that sense, heterosexuality is the same as pedophilia.
    yes, they are all sexual attractions, but when you say that u cant change your sexuality then you condemn people who are attracted to animals and children as a lost cause/freaks.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  19. #2594
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    yes, they are all sexual attractions, but when you say that u cant change your sexuality then you condemn people who are attracted to animals and children as a lost cause/freaks.
    *shrugs* I suppose so. Animals/Children can't consent, so in essence yes that is a lost cause. I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.

  20. #2595
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    *shrugs* I suppose so. Animals/Children can't consent, so in essence yes that is a lost cause. I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.
    Thats its stupid to think that its impossible to change ur sexuallity and i dont get why people are so dead set on it. Like i said i have, and i know countless other people who have and they helped me to do it.

    you are condemning people who have been in the same cicumstances but have been dealt a losing hand.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  21. #2596
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Thats its stupid to think that its impossible to change ur sexuallity and i dont get why people are so dead set on it. Like i said i have, and i know countless other people who have and they helped me to do it.

    you are condemning people who have been in the same cicumstances but have been dealt a losing hand.
    Pedophilia/Zoophilia is not a sexuality. It is a paraphilia.

  22. #2597
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Pedophilia/Zoophilia is not a sexuality. It is a paraphilia.
    um i looked up the word paraphillia, it is a sexual attraction to things like: children, animals and objects.
    sexual attraction. And sexuality refers to who/what a person is sexually attracted to.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  23. #2598
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    #LIMESANDPEARSARETHESAMEFRUIT
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    um i looked up the word paraphillia, it is a sexual attraction to things like: children, animals and objects.
    sexual attraction. And sexuality refers to who/what a person is sexually attracted to.
    Despite me not wanting to get mixed up in Debate, sexual attraction"attraction on the basis of sexual desire or the quality of arousing such interest." is far different than sexual orientation"enduring pattern of attraction—emotional, romantic, sexual, or some combination of these—to persons of the opposite sex, the same sex, or to both sexes, as well as the genders that accompany them.". Do not just use these interchangeably, trying to compare homosexuality and pedophilia.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    i spent 10 hours REing for a shiny metagross and now its an event

  24. #2599
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Strange House
    Posts
    47

    Default

    People do not 'change' their sexuality, they master it. Changing implies that one can just do as they please at the drop of a dime, and in my experience, the people who are capable of that are extremely rare and unique cases.
    |Shining Espeon by Useless|


    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Damit Ampharos should not look like Fabio. You're a sheep, dammit.

  25. #2600
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by britishlanguage View Post
    Despite me not wanting to get mixed up in Debate, sexual attraction"attraction on the basis of sexual desire or the quality of arousing such interest." is far different than sexual orientation"enduring pattern of attraction—emotional, romantic, sexual, or some combination of these—to persons of the opposite sex, the same sex, or to both sexes, as well as the genders that accompany them.". Do not just use these interchangeably, trying to compare homosexuality and pedophilia.
    yes they are, although if u has read my previous posts u would se that i lump attractions together: attraction to opposite sex, attraction to same sex, attraction of children, attraction of animals and attraction of objects.
    they are all sexual attractions. an orientation is a word that they made for hetro-homosexual attractions, but theyre still sexual attractions.
    And either way the socond one could apply to attraction of children, maybe not to beastiality or object attraction, but im pretty sure that thats an error in transcription cuz the part about them being human isnt in the dictionary i used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Useless View Post
    People do not 'change' their sexuality, they master it. Changing implies that one can just do as they please at the drop of a dime, and in my experience, the people who are capable of that are extremely rare and unique cases.
    i didnt say i did what i wanted as i wanted it, it took time and effort.

    and please use the quote button so we know who you're talking to.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Page 104 of 190 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •