Page 63 of 190 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 4740

Thread: Homosexuality & Politics in the 21st Century

  1. #1551
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Wouldn't the poor have a Social Security card to gain access to Medicaid? The same for the elderly with Medicare. And students typically need a ID to even get into college, not to mention a college ID is typically accepted.
    I already have a driver's license and registered to vote. That's all I need.

    All the more reason to prevent illegal voting if it is going to be a battle ground state.
    And we should do it by creating LESS voter turnout and having early voting in Republican Districts at Ohio only? Because that SURE is real democracy in action!

    If hatred only breeds more hate then one could say that the SPLC labeling it a hate group, and some of the other attacks they have taken recently could be responsible for this.
    Oh yes. Because it's not like the FRC has been spreading anti-gay hate propaganda and calling for homosexual behavior a crime. If you are an organization based on spreading hate like that, then you should know the consequences since the hate will come right back biting you.

  2. #1552
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    I already have a driver's license and registered to vote. That's all I need.
    Good for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    And we should do it by creating LESS voter turnout and having early voting in Republican Districts at Ohio only? Because that SURE is real democracy in action!
    No I am more than happy to have early voting in both Republican and Democratic Districts, as for less voter turn out, the question could be, are less voters actually turning out, or is less ballot box stuffing going on?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    Oh yes. Because it's not like the FRC has been spreading anti-gay hate propaganda and calling for homosexual behavior a crime. If you are an organization based on spreading hate like that, then you should know the consequences since the hate will come right back biting you.
    So you say that they deserve being shot at?

  3. #1553
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    No I am more than happy to have early voting in both Republican and Democratic Districts, as for less voter turn out, the question could be, are less voters actually turning out, or is less ballot box stuffing going on?
    The real answer is that there would be less voter turn out. Voter fraud is extremely rare. Jon Stewart brought this issue up again. They are making laws to prevent something that doesn't even happen.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  4. #1554
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    The real answer is that there would be less voter turn out. Voter fraud is extremely rare. Jon Stewart brought this issue up again. They are making laws to prevent something that doesn't even happen.
    I would not say it doesn't happen, especially not in places like Detroit and Machine states like Chicago.

    Quote Originally Posted by National Review
    Would that Democrats summoned as much outrage over the long history of voter fraud that has surrounded Michigan elections. In 2005, Detroit city clerk Jackie Currie was removed from office after Detroit mayor Kwame Kirkpatrick won a disputed second term partly on the basis of illegal absentee ballots cast in the names of dead people. Currie’s employees were accused of illegally assisting incapacitated people to vote by absentee ballot. Kirkpatrick himself was later forced to resign after being convicted on corruption charges.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...fice-john-fund

    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Free Press
    The staff of former U.S. Rep. Thaddeus McCotter evidently had some practice dummying up petitions in order to get their boss on the ballot.

    A review of the nominating petitions turned in for McCotter’s elections from 2002 through 2012 shows he did not have enough signatures to qualify to run in at least the 2008, 2010 and 2012 elections. The skullduggery wasn’t detected until this year, when a part-time staffer for the Secretary of State found that of the more than 1,800 signatures turned in by the McCotter campaign for 2012, only 244 were valid. …

    The 2002 and 2004 petitions were relatively clean with few duplicates, but in 2008, at least 67 of the 177 petition pages submitted were either copies or had been doctored by cutting and pasting dates from other documents onto the petitions. …

    “It’s a real punch in the gut, and I hope that voters out there are really watching and listening,” said Natalie Mosher, a Canton Democrat who lost to McCotter in 2010. “I’m angry, because I think the voters of the district got taken for a ride by this guy.”
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012081...ter-discovered

    The thing is, in alot of these cities and states like Detroit and Chicago, the way alot of these politicians stay in power is through illegal methods including ballot stuffing. This can even happen in states that do not have a heavy political machine like the Minnesota race I spoke about earlier. But to say it doesn't happen is just utterly ignorant.

  5. #1555
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,922

    Default

    Can you take the voter ID law discussion somewhere else? I made specific guidelines for this topic that said we could only talk about homosexuality and things explicitly in relation to homosexuality, kinda thought you guys already knew since it's on the OP...

    Quote Originally Posted by Albus Dumbledore
    Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.

    My deviantART
    | Suggested Alternative News: The Juice Rap News and The Corbett Report

  6. #1556
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Let's get back to what this topic is really about: homosexuals in politics in the 21st century. Do you think that more politicians will come out of the closet now that Obama announced that he accepts them? I'm guessing that most of the closeted gay politicians would be republicans, just because coming out of the closet would destroy their careers.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  7. #1557
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    So you say that they deserve being shot at?
    No but hey, I don't know how karma works since it can be a b****. Like I said, if you throw hatred all over it will come right back at you.

  8. #1558

    Default

    You have seriously never heard anything produced by the FRC. I listen to their show every weekend. They do not hate gays. They do not spread hate propaganda. Do you regularly regurgitate media hype like this?

    your side is the one shooting

    the frc cares for people and their souls

    your side is the hate group

  9. #1559
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    No but hey, I don't know how karma works since it can be a b****. Like I said, if you throw hatred all over it will come right back at you.
    You just contradicted yourself, you said that they do not deserve to be shot at, but then said that Karma is a ***** and that if you throw hate out it comes right back. Which is it?

    Thing is, those saying they deserve it do more damage to the LGBT movement than any groups like this. Right now the LGBT group should be doing their damndest to make sure that those shot recover and attacking this cretin for his actions.

    Because I know if this was flipped around, if some one from the MRC had gone and shot up a LGBT center, not only would this thread be screaming bloody murder, but the news would, and the LGBT groups would be too.

  10. #1560
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    What's the FRC?
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  11. #1561
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    What's the FRC?
    Family Research Council. Well then, here's a reason why they are labeled a hate group since 2010. A response to Tony Perkins's accusation from the SPLC:

    http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2012/0...eous%E2%80%99/

    But this afternoon, FRC President Tony Perkins attacked the SPLC, saying it had encouraged and enabled the attack by labeling the FRC a “hate group.” The attacker, Floyd Corkins, “was given a license to shoot an unarmed man by organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center,” Perkins said. “I believe the Southern Poverty Law Center should be held accountable for their reckless use of terminology.”

    Perkins’ accusation is outrageous. The SPLC has listed the FRC as a hate group since 2010 because it has knowingly spread false and denigrating propaganda about LGBT people — not, as some claim, because it opposes same-sex marriage. The FRC and its allies on the religious right are saying, in effect, that offering legitimate and fact-based criticism in a democratic society is tantamount to suggesting that the objects of criticism should be the targets of criminal violence.

    As the SPLC made clear at the time and in hundreds of subsequent statements and press interviews, we criticize the FRC for claiming, in Perkins’ words, that pedophilia is “a homosexual problem” — an utter falsehood, as every relevant scientific authority has stated. An FRC official has said he wanted to “export homosexuals from the United States.” The same official advocated the criminalizing of homosexuality.

  12. #1562
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    Family Research Council. Well then, here's a reason why they are labeled a hate group since 2010. A response to Tony Perkins's accusation from the SPLC:

    http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2012/0...eous%E2%80%99/
    I looked them up on Wikipedia. This link leads to why they're rightfully labeled as a hate group.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Because I know if this was flipped around, if some one from the MRC had gone and shot up a LGBT center, not only would this thread be screaming bloody murder, but the news would, and the LGBT groups would be too.
    Of course people are not going to be sympathetic to organizations like the FRC. They're trying to send America back a few decades. If a bunch of neo-nazis died, would you care?
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  13. #1563
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    You have seriously never heard anything produced by the FRC. I listen to their show every weekend. They do not hate gays. They do not spread hate propaganda. Do you regularly regurgitate media hype like this?

    your side is the one shooting

    the frc cares for people and their souls

    your side is the hate group
    It is commonly known as a hate group. Plugging your ears and saying "la la la la" doesn't change this.

    http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...ric.php?ref=tn
    http://www.truthwinsout.org/blog/2012/08/28178/

    Even a simple wikipedia search yields:

    The Family Research Council's Senior Researcher for Policy Studies Peter Sprigg stated on NBC's Hardball that gay behavior should be outlawed and that "criminal sanctions against homosexual behavior" should be enforced. More recently, Sprigg has publicly suggested that repealing Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy would encourage molestation of heterosexual service members. When asked about Sprigg's comments regarding the criminalization of same-sex behavior, FRC President Tony Perkins said that criminalizing homosexuality is not a goal of the Family Research Council, but did not denounce Sprigg's statements. Perkins repeated the FRC’s association of gay men with pedophilia, saying that "If you look at the American College of Pediatricians, they say the research is overwhelming that homosexuality poses a danger to children." The opinions expressed by Perkins are contradicted by mainstream social science research on same-sex parenting and the likelihood of child molestation by homosexuals, and some scientists whose work is cited by the American College of Pediatricians, a small conservative political organization formed when the American Academy of Pediatrics endorsed adoption by same-sex couples, have accused the FRC of distorting and misrepresenting their work.
    If people are shooting accusations at the FRC then it is rightfully deserved. Do they care for people souls? Maybe, but they don't seem to care about making LGBT miserable in order to achieve that goal.

  14. #1564
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    the frc cares for people and their souls
    ...and? Are you claiming that caring for people and doing what they think is best, even for their souls, necessarily makes them good?

    You say you're against taking away people's freedom so you support gay marriage, and you'd even vote for a gay president, but then you support someone that wants to make homosexuality illegal? What?

    At least denounce their remarks, or the specific element or person in the association that said this, and then I could make some sense of this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Albus Dumbledore
    Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.

    My deviantART
    | Suggested Alternative News: The Juice Rap News and The Corbett Report

  15. #1565
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    Of course people are not going to be sympathetic to organizations like the FRC. They're trying to send America back a few decades. If a bunch of neo-nazis died, would you care?
    Lets be realistic, the center is not a bunch of neo-nazis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul
    Family Research Council. Well then, here's a reason why they are labeled a hate group since 2010. A response to Tony Perkins's accusation from the SPLC:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterna
    It is commonly known as a hate group.
    I think the Leftist Writer of the Washington Post summed it up perfectly when it came to the absurdity of calling it a hate group.

    Quote Originally Posted by Washington Post
    Human Rights Campaign isn’t responsible for the shooting. Neither should the organization that deemed the FRC a “hate group,” the Southern Poverty Law Center, be blamed for a madman’s act. But both are reckless in labeling as a “hate group” a policy shop that advocates for a full range of conservative Christian positions, on issues from stem cells to euthanasia.

    I disagree with the Family Research Council’s views on gays and lesbians. But it’s absurd to put the group, as the law center does, in the same category as Aryan Nations, Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, Stormfront and the Westboro Baptist Church. The center says the FRC “often makes false claims about the LGBT community based on discredited research and junk science.” Exhibit A in its dossier is a quote by an FRC official from 1999 (!) saying that “gaining access to children has been a long-term goal of the homosexual movement.”

    Offensive, certainly. But in the same category as the KKK?
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...s=rss_opinions

    To call it a Hate Group only lowers the standard we must apply to actual hate groups, which also lowers the power of the world.

  16. #1566
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Lets be realistic, the center is not a bunch of neo-nazis.





    I think the Leftist Writer of the Washington Post summed it up perfectly when it came to the absurdity of calling it a hate group.



    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...s=rss_opinions

    To call it a Hate Group only lowers the standard we must apply to actual hate groups, which also lowers the power of the world.
    So one guys opinion equals fact? The SPLC has deemed it as a hate group, and honestly, saying things like:
    The Family Research Council's Senior Researcher for Policy Studies Peter Sprigg stated on NBC's Hardball that gay behavior should be outlawed and that "criminal sanctions against homosexual behavior" should be enforced.
    seems pretty hate filled to me.

    You may not like the decision to deem it as so, but ultimately you not liking the decision doesn't invalidate the decision.

  17. #1567
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eterna View Post
    So one guys opinion equals fact? The SPLC has deemed it as a hate group, and honestly, saying things like: seems pretty hate filled to me.
    So has the left wing SPLC now made it the end all be all of what is a hate group?

    By the way the SPLC has had a history of lying, distorting facts, and placing groups and places on the list just for fundraising purposes.

    http://legalinsurrection.com/2010/04...-rhode-island/

    It also has had a history of grouping things it does not like together such as a speech by Sarah Palin being linked in to the same group as the Oklahoma City Bombing.

    http://legalinsurrection.com/2010/09...-into-madness/

    So I would not be taking the SPLC word as fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eterna View Post
    You may not like the decision to deem it as so, but ultimately you not liking the decision doesn't invalidate the decision.
    No reality invalidates the decision, the idea that a group that has different views than yours, is some how equated with actual hate groups that engage in hate crimes like the KKK, is as absurd as it is stupid. And it actually lowers the term of Hate Group. I will remind you just saying something hateful does not automatically make you a hate group.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 18th August 2012 at 10:16 PM.

  18. #1568

    Default

    Ugh this whole FRC thing is terrible. I strongly dislike this group and what they represent but shooting is not exactly a solution to that.

    It was a security guard shot. What the hell. If you're trying to change the world or make a statement against an anti gay group, don't shoot the damn security guard! He just works there! He's most likely completely innocent! Note here, I am not endorsing violence in any shape or form, but if someone HAD to be shot, make it someone who actually spreads the hate message, not some bystander! Again I find the whole shooting absolutely repulsive, but really, a security guard?!
    "I swear Bianca if you crit me I'll push you down the stairs." - The wise words of BlameTruth on Rival battles

    Opponent sent out Ninetales!
    Me: I know! Fight fire with fire!
    Arcanine used Flare Blitz!
    Ninetales's Flash Fire made it useless....
    Me: 0.0
    -.-
    Stupid saying.........

    Planned White 2 Team:
    Biggles Magneto Sally
    Soprana Padfoot Gatling

  19. #1569
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    To call it a Hate Group only lowers the standard we must apply to actual hate groups, which also lowers the power of the world.
    So, are you basically alright with the FRC calling homosexuals child molesting sociopaths?

  20. #1570
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
    So, are you basically alright with the FRC calling homosexuals child molesting sociopaths?
    Am I alright with it? No. Do I think such speech puts them on the same level as the Neo Nazis? Or the KKK? Or groups out there that do not just spout hateful things but engage in terrorism and hate crimes? No.

  21. #1571
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    Am I alright with it? No. Do I think such speech puts them on the same level as the Neo Nazis? Or the KKK? Or groups out there that do not just spout hateful things but engage in terrorism and hate crimes? No.
    Now this might just be me. But if a group that spout hatefull things isn't a hategroup then what is? Considering they are a group and hating.. That would make them a hategroup.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  22. #1572
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Now this might just be me. But if a group that spout hatefull things isn't a hategroup then what is? Considering they are a group and hating.. That would make them a hategroup.
    I would consider it just merely a political group. If we are to say that simple speech makes a group a hate group, then we will need to put both political parties in the category and affiliated groups, not to mention things like MSNBC and HBO. If we are going to have such groups like the KKK and others in the category of hate group, then the level should be set somewhere near acts of violence, and not just merely political speech.
    Last edited by BigLutz; 18th August 2012 at 11:44 PM.

  23. #1573
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shiver Star
    Posts
    2,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eterna View Post
    So one guys opinion equals fact? The SPLC has deemed it as a hate group, and honestly, saying things like: seems pretty hate filled to me.

    You may not like the decision to deem it as so, but ultimately you not liking the decision doesn't invalidate the decision.
    BigLutz is sounding like those idiots that think that homosexuality is just a choice because they heard that a guy said it was a choice.
    Jackpot!

    I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

    Werster is without a doubt the Pokémon Master.

  24. #1574

    Default

    If the FRC is a hate group any group that supports abortion is a hate group. There is literally no way around it. Is that what you people really want? Do you really want to be labeled a part of a hate group/hate movement?

  25. #1575
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioguy View Post
    BigLutz is sounding like those idiots that think that homosexuality is just a choice because they heard that a guy said it was a choice.
    Hmm lets see, making a absurd point, linking your opponent to unsavory people, insulting them, and completely ignoring the main points of the argument.

    How very Family Research Council of you.

Page 63 of 190 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •