Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: the saddest moments in video game history :( (spoiler warning!)

Default the saddest moments in video game history :( (spoiler warning!)

in your opinion, what is the saddest video game moment? in my opinion it is all of mother 3, its such a sad game. i wont say (spoiler reasons) but if you want to know why youtube it. also, spoilers will most likley be everywhere, so dont say i didnt warn you.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

I would really have to say the end of PMD: Blue Rescue Team's main story. I actually cried when I first got there (I was a lot younger, mind you) and apparently I'm not the only one, from what I've heard.

The Walking Dead Game on iPhone/XBox with Lee and Clementine was extremely sad at the end. Totally worth the $15.00.
    Alpha Sapphire

Badges: 0

Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors was the only game with a story decent enough to move me in some way. I don't really play games for their stories, tbh.

Although not an ending, anyone who has played gears of war 3 can agree that dom's death was really moving.
    Looking for a calm female forretress or a friend safari with Forretress in it. Message me if you can help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shymain View Post
    I would really have to say the end of PMD: Blue Rescue Team's main story. I actually cried when I first got there (I was a lot younger, mind you) and apparently I'm not the only one, from what I've heard.
    You're not the only one! I also think albedo's change from xenoblade chronicles 2 is very sad. Imagine, being on earth forever and watching people you care about grow old and die.

Definitely Aerith's and Zack's deaths in ff7. Also the ending of the first mystery dungeon game. Oh yeah, and Xion's death in kh, and when Roxas has to return to Sora. Pretty much the entire kh series
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

When booker had to be drowned by his own daughter.

Mordin Solus in Mass Effect 3, damn that made me almost quit the game...

Also John Marston dying at the end of Red Dead Redemption was very sad.
    Last edited by AuroriumX; 23rd July 2013 at 5:08 PM.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Mordin Solus in Mass Effect 3, damn that made me almost quit the game...

Also John Marston dying at the end of Red Dead Redemption was very sad.
    Yea not only was John Marston dying a huge twist in the game, but it was sad as hell how he died for his family.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Metal gear solid 4 is INCREABLY sad. I think I cried all the way through, especially at that ending.

How tough am I? I beat Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. And I only cried for a week.

Made the Trainer Card on Pokecharms.com Dream Code for AC town is 5900-3931-5736

I agree with Refreeze, but I only cried for a month.

I also cried when I watched someone played Yume Nikki. SHE JUMPED OFF THE BUILDING!!!

The "Kill Killbane" ending of Saints Row 3. Very sad.

I'm mostly a Mass Effect player and this series bought me to many a manly tears moments.
    - ME2 the suicide run. I first didn't know people could die so when Legion first died I was in shock. When Garrus died cause of poor team planning I was really upset.
    - ME3. oh god... the whole Geth/Quarian decision was hard. Pick the Geth? Tali suicides. Pick the Quarians? Legion asks if it has a soul. Save them? Legion dies anyway. Mordin's sacrifice was easily one of the most beautiful moments in the game. He was the very model of a scientist salarian. In the Extended Cut DLC when Liara gets hurt by Harbinger and leaves, the dialogue with her is so sad. The saddest moment was in the Citadel DLC however. When you finish it, the conversations with the love interests was truly touching. It was the best ride.

I was upset in Saints Row The Third when Gat died. I didn't want to believe it at first.
    And baby, if I choke things down for a second
    Then maybe I can starve this tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend A_K View Post
    What are you, daft? Since when does Shuckle need an item?

The start of the game: Shadow The Hedgehog

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

This is mine, and someone elses. My brother almost cried at the end of PMD Red Rescue Team, and when he told my dad, he said something that will stick with me forever, it was that funny:

I cried; when my digital Pokemon died

I laughed so hard i stated crying; it even rhymes! xD

But, Aeris getting impaled by Sephiroth's 4˝ foot long sword was really depressing, actually...
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    You're not the only one! I also think albedo's change from xenoblade chronicles 2 is very sad. Imagine, being on earth forever and watching people you care about grow old and die.
    I think you mean Xenosaga Episode 2. But yes, it is a very well done scene that perfectly illustrates how important it is for antagonists to have backstories and reasons for their actions.

Anyway, I'm going with Metal Gear Solid 4. That's it. Just Metal Gear Solid 4. ALL of it. I won't go into excruciating detail about why. Just take my word for it that you need to play this one if you haven't yet.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

I cannot believe no one has posted the endings to the following games:

-Modern Warfare 1
    -Arkham City
    -AC: Brotherhood and AC3

-Every single Final Fantasy Game that exists.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Oh yeah, Fable 3 was sad when you had to kill Walter.

The ending to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness. Not only did you lose your old companion as he gave himself up to get rid of Dusknoir, but you had to be erased from existence in order to save the world from the spread of darkness, leaving your teammate all by himself to return.
    Then there's also The World Ends With You. Not many people can truly grasp the ultimate story, but the moments in-game from your allies can be really sad. Shiki tells of how she was jealous of her other friend, and how she gave up her own self to be in the Reaper's Game, and then there was also how Rhyme pushed her brother out of the way of the Noise coming, and it flashed back to the same scene when a car was coming. The game keep taking you through loops and turns and twists of all kinds, and that's what makes it work so well.
    That's all I can think of right now. Maybe I'll post some others when I recall them.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

I forgot to mention the end of LA Noire when Cole only gets to whisper "Bye" just a split second before he his swept away in the sewers.
    Looking for a calm female forretress or a friend safari with Forretress in it. Message me if you can help out.

Hehe, I think my Sims dying is pretty sad.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast