Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS4's Blue Pulsing Light of Death

Default PS4's Blue Pulsing Light of Death

I'm not a PS4 owner myself, but since this is a HUGE deal for a freshly-new console...

It appears that a lot of PS4 consoles suffer from a severe case of DOA (dead on arrival) or blue pulsing light of death.

What this means is that the console will completely stop working after some hours it's turned on. There is absolutely no known fix yet, and not even Sony seem to have steps to fix it at home. There is quite a lot of refunds and deliveries being sent back to Sony to replace the console.

...I guess people holding it off should wait after the year's over?

BTW, keep this discussion civil, people.

Dammit. I haven't even plugged mine in yet, it's sitting on my bed. Goddamnit. Hopefully mine won't be affected or it'll be a hassle to get it returned
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Good thing I always wait a year.

I want to laugh but I won't. God, it's now good I will not be able (at least not any soon) to get those new consoles at its launch , way better to wait at least a year. Good luck to PS4 owners. And I wasn't expecting this again, and who was, right?

It's not a "huge" deal for a newly released console. New electronics have 7 to 9% failure rate. Expecting them all to work, like all 1 million that were sold in a day, is crazy.

Return it, get your refund or new console.

To be honest, Sony should really have tried to counter problems like these.

It makes them look bad, and may deter some people from buying it for a while.
    Too much water guys!

buying a console at launch with no games yet

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    To be honest, Sony should really have tried to counter problems like these.

It makes them look bad, and may deter some people from buying it for a while.
    This is the dumbest thing I've read all day. Did you even read Jb's post above?

As Jb said, for the majority of the people, the consoles are working just fine. This is when the minorities actually get attention with brand new technology comes problems. Expect the Xbox-One to have similar problems, as well.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

im buying the ps4 soon and im praying to lord kittens that it will not be busted the minute i try it
    since the release date i got rapidly excited for the ps4 for absolutely no reason, its just a desire that popped up out of nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post

This is the dumbest thing I've read all day. Did you even read Jb's post above?

I KNOW that not all consoles will be perfect, but they should really have tested some, discovered there was a fault sometimes, and reported the problem, saying, "Hey, there is a fault with a few of these consoles, lets try and find a way to combat it."

Even if it was quite late, and they only spotted it a few days ago, they should still have tried to find a way to counter the problem so that if anybody encountered it, they could solve the problem for themselves, and nit have to send their consoles back.

It doesn't really benefit Sony, having to make new consoles and dish them out for free to unsatisfied customers- they're not making any money on them, and the customer is annoyed that their new console is faulty. They could then warn their friends, which puts them off buying the console.
    Last edited by tomatohater; 17th November 2013 at 9:18 PM.
    Too much water guys!

Rule number 1 about new consoles. Always wait a year before buying them.

I had issues with my PS3 when I bought it. And I told myself I'd never buy another console so quickly again. It was an expensive lesson learned.

And in response to how many people, as far as I know it's only a few people. So I'm thinking it was a bad batch somewhere.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    I KNOW that not all consoles will be perfect, but they should really have tested some, discovered there was a fault sometimes, and reported the problem, saying, "Hey, there is a fault with a few of these consoles, lets try and find a way to combat it."
    I can not believe you actually think that they did not test their consoles before shipping them. Unexpected issues happen, and they're addressing them accordingly.

Even if it was quite late, and they only spotted it a few days ago, they should still have tried to find a way to counter the problem so that if anybody encountered it, they could solve the problem for themselves, and nit have to send their consoles back.
    Not all hardware issues can be fixed with a patch, this should be common knowledge.

It doesn't really benefit Sony, having to make new consoles and dish them out for free to unsatisfied customers- they're not making any money on them, and the customer is annoyed that their new console is faulty. They could then warn their friends, which puts them off buying the console.
    You're a fountain of unknown secrets. You should e-mail Sony and let them know your excellent business techniques. They certainly have a thing to learn or two, don't they?

LOL @ people defending it. Some are understandable because not all can be perfect, but let's think for a second here. Can you imagine how much sh*t people would give Nintendo if this was the case with one of their systems?

It's still a BAD thing for a new system to not work, just because it's more common now doesn't make it justified

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

I think I will wait a while before getting a PS4 because with nothing to play on it, it will just be sitting around also is this going to be as infamous as the RROD or BSOD ?_?

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Sorry that technology is not perfect. See about getting a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    LOL @ people defending it. Some are understandable because not all can be perfect, but let's think for a second here. Can you imagine how much sh*t people would give Nintendo if this was the case with one of their systems?
    The difference is that first they'd have to stop blowing Nintendo.

Anyway, call me back when a console ships and none of them are broken in some way out of the box. (I'm counting the things dealing with the Wii U's earliest updates as "broken out of the box," btw.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    I think I will wait a while before getting a PS4 because with nothing to play on it, it will just be sitting around also is this going to be as infamous as the RROD or BSOD ?_?
    Fanboys tend to blow things out of proportion. So, possibly.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Love how everyone's acting like this is the worst thing ever for sony, yet 360's were even worse and they had like, at least a 10% failure rate. Yet at the same time look at how many console they sold and how little it really hurt them.

Seriously this happens all the time with new electronics, it's not always the companies fault, ya know, the console might have gotten bounced around a bit while being shipped out. They could do all the system testing they want to, but you won't ever be able to have a perfect launch. Sorry but that's the risk of buying things, new.

Just to return your broken one and get your money back, or get a new one. It's nt the end of the world.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

That's why I highly advise anyone not to buy new gen console at launch day because stuff like that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieBuddha View Post
    That's why I highly advise anyone not to buy new gen console at launch day because stuff like that happens.
    But we need them as beta testers. Let they be!
    Kidding. I agree. Though I wasn't expecting something like this, it's not that of a big deal if they can get refunded or a new console.

Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    But we need them as beta testers. Let they be!
    Kidding. I agree. Though I wasn't expecting something like this, it's not that of a big deal if they can get refunded or a new console.
    And everyone that had issues is able to easily get new consoles. Sony is being very professional about this. I called one of them and asked them what they do if that happens. They said all you need to do is take it to the place you bought the console at, and give them this code (then they give you the code), and they know you talked to people working for Sony about the problem, and you're good to go. The process takes maybe a half hour to an hour, tops (they may call Sony to verify the code, but that's all). It sure beats having to wait 4 weeks for Sony to mail a replacement console. And if something happens and the store is out of stock, you either get refunded or referred to a nearby store that still has them in stock and they hold one for you.

It really seems like they covered all bases this time. Plus it's not really happening that often.

But as I said, I'm still waiting a year to get one, just in case something else comes up (which is possible).
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

It's still a BAD thing for a new system to not work, just because it's more common now doesn't make it justified
    Oh, you mean like the large amount of Wii U's that bricked during the update at launch?

This is normal when a new console launches, I can bet you that the Xbone will suffer the same as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    Dammit. I haven't even plugged mine in yet, it's sitting on my bed. Goddamnit. Hopefully mine won't be affected or it'll be a hassle to get it returned
    You should be fine as only a small numbers PS4 suffer from hardware failures and you can always contact Sony or get a refund should it brick on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    This pretty much, by buying a Xbone or PS4 at launch you're just buying an expensive paper weight.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I'm gonna wait a while before I get the PS4. I have plenty of PS3 games that can keep me entertained while I wait. You had to figure there would be some problems with it when it launched. At least not all the PS4 systems have this problem.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Oh, you mean like the large amount of Wii U's that bricked during the update at launch?
    Pretty sure that was from people unplugging it while it was taking hours to update. How's that like not even working out of the box? Was it even a large amount?

Listen everyone, I'm not the Nintendo fanboy blowing it out of proportion and going "oh hahahaha ps4 suks". It's not uncommon for something small to happen like this to new technology because we all know how it loves to screw with us. I was just being that guy pointing out the double standard

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Pretty sure that was from people unplugging it while it was taking hours to update. How's that like not even working out of the box? Was it even a large amount?
    It needed that day one update for most of it's functions iirc, so it's pretty much the same. And the it took hours to complete, and not everyone wants to leave their system on for that long. It was a good enough amount to get noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It needed that day one update for most of it's functions iirc, so it's pretty much the same. And the it took hours to complete, and not everyone wants to leave their system on for that long. It was a good enough amount to get noticed.
    That was people getting impatient. It wasn't as bad as THIS.

You can just try again and download the Wii U update in a single day out of the box.

If you're an unlucky PS4 early adopter, you'll get the PBLD and have to wait 2/3 weeks for a replacement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast