Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

You could also make a fake ID
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

The pre-load is up on Steam for you PC folks. The PC version requires Steam, so if you're going retail and you get an early copy, you can either download it now or just install it.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Shadow View Post
    You could also make a fake ID
    I was trying to suggest -legal- ways for him to buy it....

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Male Argonian Warrior is probably going to my first character. I like to create backstories for my characters/personalities, even if the RP in TES hasn't been the greatest. He's your archetypical anti-hero badass, just how i like it.
    S.T.A.R.S.
    Claimed Nemesis T-02 and Pokemon Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Zweihander Nemesis View Post
    Male Argonian Warrior is probably going to my first character. I like to create backstories for my characters/personalities, even if the RP in TES hasn't been the greatest. He's your archetypical anti-hero badass, just how i like it.
    Whoooo, a fellow Lizard lover

Bro fist!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    I was trying to suggest -legal- ways for him to buy it....
    Yeah, but doing illegal stuff is way more thrilling.
    I have claimed Marcus Fenix
    Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    THE BULLIES ALWAYS WIN!!!
    Last.fm

Whoooo, a fellow Lizard lover

Bro fist!
    My first playthrough in Oblivion was a Nord Female Battlemage, considering Nord can't use magic for crap that was a bad idea.

But Argonians just look so damn awesome in this game I can't wait to play. Friday, I lose my whole concept of life.
    S.T.A.R.S.

My first playthrough in Oblivion was a Nord Female Battlemage, considering Nord can't use magic for crap that was a bad idea.

But Argonians just look so damn awesome in this game I can't wait to play. Friday, I lose my whole concept of life.
    The Argonians in oblivion were the only race that didn't look like a complete joke imo.

The Argonians in oblivion were the only race that didn't look like a complete joke imo.
    And i guess the Bretons were chopped liver, then?
    50% resistance to magick is nothing to sneeze at. 100% if you can manage to dig up a mundane ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Locust_Star View Post
    And i guess the Bretons were chopped liver, then?
    50% resistance to magick is nothing to sneeze at. 100% if you can manage to dig up a mundane ring.
    I said, didn't "look like" a joke All the human races looked like balloon characters, and the Kahjiit (sp?) looked to disproportionate for me.

Wait, Skyrim is 18+ in America? It's only 15+ in Australia.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Originally Posted by Jolteon91
    Wait, Skyrim is 18+ in America? It's only 15+ in Australia.
    This is one of those rare exceptions where the ESRB overreacts more that the ACB about a game's contents.

Argonians were unbelievably cheap in Oblivion (though they were much more balanced in Morrowind); well-balanced stats slightly leaning towards stealthy skills, inherent water breathing, high resistance to disease and immunity to poison, and virtually no significant weakness whatsoever. But they're reptilian, so they will always be my favorite race.

Like in Oblivion, I'm going to play as an Argonian, make my own class (if it's still possible), and become the best at everything (in Oblivion, my character is the leader of all major joinable guilds/factions).
    Fetilĺse sge jütěkxěyalä çät kijütěkxěyaläyé.
    I've arrived at the conclusion that jumping to conclusions is highly inconclusive.
    deviantART | last.fm | Pogeymanz
    5 years at SPPf.
    I'm Stewart Pidd, the King of Sofas!

While I'm not really into RPGs (spent like a day giving Dragon Age a chance before sadly giving up having not been grabbed by it) this does look like something very special.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabutopzilla View Post
    Argonians were unbelievably cheap in Oblivion (though they were much more balanced in Morrowind); well-balanced stats slightly leaning towards stealthy skills, inherent water breathing, high resistance to disease and immunity to poison, and virtually no significant weakness whatsoever. But they're reptilian, so they will always be my favorite race.

Like in Oblivion, I'm going to play as an Argonian, make my own class (if it's still possible), and become the best at everything (in Oblivion, my character is the leader of all major joinable guilds/factions).
    This is why I would play them if they were the worst race. I am pretty much a beast race only guy. Only ever played Argonian though because the Khajiit looked silly in oblivion.

Have you seen an argonian vampire on oblivion? -shivers-

If you took time anyone can look ok. But with mods...well that just changes everything pretty much, hot anime lookalikes anyone?

I think Argonians were balaenced simply because besides water breathing and disease/poison immunity they had no other great skills. other races benefited more from certain skills and would always be better than Argonians with them. But I don't really care about race stats i'm more for aesthetics anyways. Makes you feel more immersive. Like make a Nord mage or a Breton Warrior lol.
    Last edited by Zweihander Nemesis; 9th November 2011 at 6:04 PM.
    S.T.A.R.S.

If you took time anyone can look ok. But with mods...well that just changes everything pretty much, hot anime lookalikes anyone?

I think Argonians were balaenced simply because besides water breathing and disease/poison immunity they had no other great skills. other races benefited more from certain skills and would always be better than Argonians with them. But I don't really care about race stats i'm more for aesthetics anyways. Makes you feel more immersive. Like make a Nord mage or a Breton Warrior lol.
    I play on 360, so mods aren't there for me. I was never really good at using mods anyways.

I've seen some good gameplay videos around the internet.

Anyone know about the story? I just know of the basic summary. Do we have to kill all the dragons to 'complete' it?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I'm gonna see if I can pre-order a copy

I have claimed Quagsire the king of the marsh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    I've seen some good gameplay videos around the internet.

Anyone know about the story? I just know of the basic summary. Do we have to kill all the dragons to 'complete' it?
    Something along those lines. Akatosh is the Dragon God of creation, Alduin is basically his Evil alter-ego, his name means "World-Eater."

You are trying to stop Alduin

I play on 360, so mods aren't there for me. I was never really good at using mods anyways.
    You can mod certain 360 games, they are only simple stat/equipment editing mods, nothing on the scale you can do on a PC, but it is possible.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    You can mod certain 360 games, they are only simple stat/equipment editing mods, nothing on the scale you can do on a PC, but it is possible.
    Considering I put over 200 hours into an unmodded oblivion, I don't think I need mods..

Street date broke in Australia. lolololol@Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Street date broke in Australia. lolololol@Americans.
    That is the exact thought that was going through my head as I loaded the game into my Xbox.
    My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Kabutopzilla View Post

argonians aren't really cheap. most NPCs aren't smart enough to use poison
    there's a very small chance to catch diseases and when you do get one, you can just use cure disease spell or a potion. so resistances while nice to have, aren't that great. water breathing can be gained by any race via a spell or cheap ring. the skillset is based for a stealth based character, clearly. they're like wood elves just cooler looking.

BRETONS are ****ing cheap. that resist magic ability can be abused way too easily.
    Last edited by 11DBHK; 10th November 2011 at 2:23 PM.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast