Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Does anyone else go around with a bow shooting people in the knee for the heck of it?

@GreatGonzales
    Nice, where do you get the Dragon Priest mask Vokun? As for glitches, the Dawnstar hidden chest glitch is pretty cool, you get all of the inventory of the Khajiit caravaneer that stops in Dawnstar. The chest is located in the gap in the rocks passed the Smelter near the Iron Breaker mine.

I recruited Belrand, Faendal and Erik the Slayer into the blades on Skyrim the other day. Belrand is the Spellsword equiped with full Blades armor, Blades sword and a Staff of Sparks (will give him Staff of Chain Lightning when I find it). Faendal is the Archer of the four of us, I'm going to give him either a Dwarven Bow or Elven Bow with matching arrows. Last but not least is Erik the Slayer, he along with me are the warriors, we wait till the Dragon is on the ground and then we Hack and Slash our way into it, he also has the name for the job.

Also been reading up on the Hearthfire installment, will probly buy the land in Falkrealth since I like the forest and It has a view of the lake. I was on the fence for what file I should make the house on earlier, I could give it to my Khajiit or my Imperial. But I have decide to make a Nord load for the house (It's not my final decision though).
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/nlr2pt.png[/IMG]
    May the flame burn forever
    [IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/2mfjeow.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/25ytxjt.jpg[/IMG]

Vokun is in high gate ruins, west of Dawnstar, north of Ustengrav. Also I believe DLC works on all files. It did with Dawnguard.

Clearing my cache doesn't seem to do anything........aargh....

I really want to join the Blades, but I absolutely cannot kill paarthurnax. Well, I won't kill him on my new Dark Elf file, which is my main file, but I guess I'll do it on my Nord file. He's just so cool.
    I just started the quest Lost to the Ages, where you get the Aetherium crown which lets you have 2 standing stone blessings. Any good combo ideas? I currently use Atronach (best stone for a Mage), and I was thinking possibly Atronach and Mage, or Atronach and Lady. Atronach stone is great, because Magicka regeneration in combat is nigh useless anyway. Seriously, you could have +300 regeneration speed and it wouldn't do anything in combat. And it gives you a 50% magic resistance, allows you to absorb magicka from spells and gives +50 magicka. Gonna level up to 15 before continuing the quest.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

I haven't gotten up to the Kill Paarthurnax quest yet, I'm up to Elder Knowledge.

Got the Dragon Priest mask from Shearpoint a little while ago, I was really annoying since the dragon was there aswell, made good use of the Dragonbane while fighting them both. Completed the House of Horrors Daedric Quest aswell, im lovin the mace you get for completing the quest (It helped heaps while I was clearing out a Falmer Hive I found).

Bought some Dwarven Armor from the smith in Whiterun, the only thing that comes into my head when I look at it is "THIS IS SPARTA!". Without the Helmet on though the neck holding thingy is way to big.

this is one of my favorite games..its so awesome you can turn into a bad *** werewolf! thats just so cool
    the combat system i really love

and if you have it for steam then you can download a lot of cool mods to download and make the game even more fun
    and now you can fight while your on a horse! thats just so awesome..and it was so stupid that you had to get off the horse to attack, im glad thats not the case anymore

The mace of molag bal is statistically the best mace in the game. In terms of one handed weapons, It's base damage is only matched by the Dragonbone mace, which is ludicrously difficult to obtain. The mace also has 3 enchantments, which cannot be done even with the final enchanting perk.

The choppy combat is starting to bother me. (When using weapons.) It just seems like it isn't connected. Combat, especially in a huge game like skyrim, should flow better.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Got the dragon priest mask from Valthume yesterday which makes my Dragon Priest mask count up to three on my Nord load.

Finished the Companions questline, it's awesome that you can become a werewolf... but I cured myself. For my Nord I'm focusing on Two-Handed, Light Armor, Block and One-Handed. He uses Scaled Armor and wears a Ancient Nord Amulet.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/nlr2pt.png[/IMG]
    May the flame burn forever
    [IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/2mfjeow.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/25ytxjt.jpg[/IMG]

I've nearly beat the game for however many times, as an Imperial battlemage. I'm halfway through the College of Winterhold quests, but I'm kind of bored now. I'm trying to choose what Elf to be- Dark or Wood. Dark Elf is looking good ATM, with that Illusion, Sneak and Destruction skills good early on. I'm probably going to use Archery as well, but not One Handed to see what it's like. I heavily use One Handed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGonzales View Post
    I really want to join the Blades, but I absolutely cannot kill paarthurnax. Well, I won't kill him on my new Dark Elf file, which is my main file, but I guess I'll do it on my Nord file. He's just so cool.
    Same here. I felt like I owe him something and that he a good guy. I couldn't just kill him. Maybe on my evil khajit (bad spelling is bad) character.

I also have the mace of malog bal. I alternate between that and a sword another daemon (i think they were a daemon princess) gives you
    Charizard

Enought Said

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardfan900 View Post
    I also have the mace of malog bal. I alternate between that and a sword another daemon (i think they were a daemon princess) gives you
    Which one? Meridia and Mephala are the only 2 with swords. Meridia give the Dawnbreaker and Mephala gives out the Ebony Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    Which one? Meridia and Mephala are the only 2 with swords. Meridia give the Dawnbreaker and Mephala gives out the Ebony Blade.
    Meridia.

Dawnbreaker is fun to use. for some reason it reminds me of Frodo's sword/ a lightsaber
    Charizard

Enought Said

Dawnguard is now only $13.99 on Steam. yay?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Dawnguard is now only $13.99 on Steam. yay?
    Is this permanent or a Steam Sale? :u Otherwise screw it, I'm pirating.

I'm just going to download it. After I do a few more levels with my Bosmer archer.

This thread seems to be gathering dust. Come on, skyrim fans, we need to bring this thread back.

Has anyone else heard the rumors of a new DLC?

Recently made a Sneaking Wood Elf that uses Bows and Daggers since I already have a mage and warrior and I haven't tried this playstyle yet. Bows are really fun to use.

well i haven't played skyrim in almost 2 months since i was on a borderlands 1 & 2 kick. Just started a sneaking Khajiit The other day.

Speaking of which, in the intro on the way to helgen the cart full of prisoners that i wasn't in got stuck in the ground.

My Cart got around the flailing horses, but i restarted anyway since the other cart couldn't make it to Helgen.
    Last edited by pikasaur; 24th October 2012 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    well i haven't played skyrim in almost 2 months since i was on a borderlands 1 & 2 kick. Just started a sneaking Khajiit The other day.

Speaking of which, in the intro on the way to helgen the cart full of prisoners that i wasn't in got stuck in the ground.

My Cart got around the flailing horses, but i restarted anyway since the other cart couldn't make it to Helgen.
    I just rolled a new Khajiit myself, actually. Found a really nice retexture mod that actually makes them more feline-like (here), so I thought I'd give it a go. That, and because I uninstalled a few mods, I can't use my main Argonian anymore. Dayum shame, too. I really enjoyed him. Anyways, I had to restart twice, because the first time the cart just stopped moving in the middle of the road and wouldn't do anything, and the second time the OTHER cart got stuck in the road, so mine was in Helgen but we couldn't do anything.
    I really shouldn't have deleted that save right when we jump out of the cart.

So after further scouring the Internet for information on the 3rd rumored DLC, to be titled "Dragonborn", I've fount out that:

-Spears will make a comeback
    -Includes mounted spell casting (minor detail, but very good for mages such as myself)
    -You'll be able to mount dragons. Not sure how this will work.
    -Lastly, it will include the island of Solstheim, returning after it's first appearance in Bloodmoon, a Morrowind DLC.

None of this is confirmed.

If they did make it possible to mount dragons, would you be able to mount them while they fly? If so, what would happen if you flew over Whiterun, Solitude, Windhelm etc. would you just so empty towns since nothing in those areas would have loaded since there was no loading screen, and what would happen if you tried to land there?
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

If you couldn't fly on a dragon, then there's no point in including dragon mounting. You're probably very high up, enough so that you can't see a city.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGonzales View Post
    This thread seems to be gathering dust. Come on, skyrim fans, we need to bring this thread back.
    That's because I'm bored of it. I did all that's really worth doing like four times.

what would be the point of flying on/mounting a dragon anyway?

you'd get no random encounters up in the sky, and theres already fast travel to get from place to place.

Even if its just mounting a dragon, they'd probably be so slow that there'd be no reason to ride 'em anyway.

Hey anyone else do what I'm about to say

I have three characters: Warrior, Rouge and Mage types
    Now I've made a fourth: An everyday Orc citizen I play by these rules: Eat and Drink three times a day, sleep when necessary and no fast travel. Its going ok so far and its a nice way to enjoy the parts of skyrim you might not notice if your constantly adventuring
    Charizard

Enought Said

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    what would be the point of flying on/mounting a dragon anyway?

you'd get no random encounters up in the sky, and theres already fast travel to get from place to place.

Even if its just mounting a dragon, they'd probably be so slow that there'd be no reason to ride 'em anyway.
    Traveling somewhere you haven't been. Again, we probably shouldn't scrutinize this much as for the thousandth time, it is unconfirmed.

And why do imperials suck? They're so bad.

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast