Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I started a new character today. Female nord archer-thief. Archery is already at level 30 as it's the only weapon I've used so far.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

So guys, I bought this game a few days ago and let's say I accidently killed a chicken in Riverwood which led me to kill the guy that you came with's uncle (Alvor I think his name was) so yeah I don't know what to do. His dead body is still there, in the water outside Riverwood. In the mean time I've been going to that mage college in the snow place.

So, can anyone help? And will me killing theguy affect the game too much?
    I claim Larvitar!

He's just a blacksmith, it doesn't affect the story or anything. Certain NPCs that are essential to quests can't be killed, anyway.

Does anyone even have any clue when Dawnguard might be coming out on PS3? Bethesda is pissing on half of its customers tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxe View Post
    Does anyone even have any clue when Dawnguard might be coming out on PS3? Bethesda is pissing on half of its customers tbh
    >half
    >three platforms
    What.

Anyways, they're having serious issues with the dlc on the PS3's hardware, so everything has to be redone from the ground up. That should have been apparent if you've ever played one of their games on a PS3. There is no word on if any of the expansions are coming out for the PS3, but even if they don't, you're not missing out on anything. They're more bland than a mayo sandwich on white bread

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    He's just a blacksmith, it doesn't affect the story or anything. Certain NPCs that are essential to quests can't be killed, anyway.
    Okay, I went to the Jarl in Dragonsreach and everything was fine. Thanks anyway.

I think I'm really bad at this game, I went to recover 3 books for some guy at the mage colege and got decimated by mages inside the keep so many times. So I left it and went to do the quest where you kill bandits for the Jarl and got murdered several times in that cave as well. I got one shotted by an ogre thing that shook the ground as it walked (I was curious to see what it was so I went close and got killed). Is there a way to change the difficulty?
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    Okay, I went to the Jarl in Dragonsreach and everything was fine. Thanks anyway.

I think I'm really bad at this game, I went to recover 3 books for some guy at the mage colege and got decimated by mages inside the keep so many times. So I left it and went to do the quest where you kill bandits for the Jarl and got murdered several times in that cave as well. I got one shotted by an ogre thing that shook the ground as it walked (I was curious to see what it was so I went close and got killed). Is there a way to change the difficulty?
    Yeah just go to your settings and there's a Game Difficulty option.

As for you having a hard time. If you're fighting in 3rd person view, that's probably why. Try in a 1st person view and you can probably do better. And of course: do your best to level up certain combat skills and give yourself useful perks, so that you'll put up a better fight against enemies.

Giants are pretty tough opponents for lower levels, so avoid them until you're around Level 15. 20, if you want to be safe.

I just saw the new Dragonborn trailer for Skyrim. It looks cool

Quote Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
    Yeah just go to your settings and there's a Game Difficulty option.

As for you having a hard time. If you're fighting in 3rd person view, that's probably why. Try in a 1st person view and you can probably do better. And of course: do your best to level up certain combat skills and give yourself useful perks, so that you'll put up a better fight against enemies.

Giants are pretty tough opponents for lower levels, so avoid them until you're around Level 15. 20, if you want to be safe.
    I only use 1st person view for magic but for everything else I use 3rd person. I'll try changing the difficulty the next time I play.
    I claim Larvitar!

Ok, we need to start discussing Dragonborn. For those of you who don't know, it takes place on Solstheim, an island of morrowind, and the first Dragonborn is attempting to return with the dragons. Cool stuff. New armor types such as Nordic, draconic, (I think), and the return of Bonemold and chitin armor.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

I'm really looking forward to Dragonborn especially since I never played any TES game before Skyrim. I considered Oblivion but after playing Skyrim, I don't know if I'd get used to it.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I paid full price for a game that won't be getting the DLC it was promised to get. Bethesdea u mak me mad
    Last.fm | Steam IDNostalgia

Hopefully Dragonborn will be as good as it looks :'D
    Really looking forward to be able to ride dragons
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/wwnq5g.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I'm really looking forward to Dragonborn especially since I never played any TES game before Skyrim. I considered Oblivion but after playing Skyrim, I don't know if I'd get used to it.
    I started with skyrim, I got oblivion a couple days ago and it does in fact take getting used to, it seems boring a first, but keep playing, and it'll be fine.

It seems to me like the dragon mounting business is only for getting from skyrim to Solstheim. More of a "riding-odahviing-to-skuldafn"-esque type deal. Also, how could the first Dragonborn have been a dragon preist? The whole point of the priests is that they worshipped and served the dragons. If he "didn't serve the dragons, but devoured them" than how was he a preist?
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

I thought the dragon riding buisness is for whenever. The shout "Bend Will" I think controls the dragon, allowing you to go anywhere on it. To get to Solstheim, you have to get on a boat from the Windhelm docks. To get to Miroak (the Dragonborn/Dragon Priest) you have to use the Bend Will shout on a certain Dragon that looks different. Hermaeus Mora's place looks epic. The tentacle things is really cool.

I think Miroak was originally a Dragon Priest, but then served Hermaeus Mora as Dragonborn. However when the Dragon War ended, he had to hide in his little island/Hermaeus Mora's dimension in Solstheim only reachable by air (Dragon). Now Alduin is back, so are the Dragons, Dragon Priests and Mirook/Miroak.

This Dragonborn DLC has finally gotten me back into Skyrim. Besides that one day back in october i haven't played skyrim since July.

had a lvl 4 khajiit but Started up an Imperial named Topanga. got rid of the khajiit because i want to do the thieves guild and i didn't like the look of a khajiit tail sticking through the Nightingale armor.

that seems to always be the reason i delete my khajiit and argonian characters, their tails both bother me.

Snivy Trainer it Miraak & it's even better..............4 other dragon priests are back from the dead, that ice giant Karstaag from the Morrowind Bloodmoon DLC is back & a few other characters

from Morrowind Bloodmoon have risen from the dead as well. Oh the Morag Tong assassins are on the island. IT'S A CLUSTERMUK OF FUN & JOY!!!!
    Last edited by Igos263; 15th December 2012 at 5:10 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some details

Spoiler tags pls. I am taking my sweet time getting through Dragonborn

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Jeez I need to get myself the Dragonborn DLC someday... as well as Dawnguard...

Also, I've been doing the quest in Blackreach where you have to find 30 Crimson Nirnroots and hnnnnggg it's taking forever. D: Is that quest even worth it?

No, it's not really worth it. Protip: if you leave Blackreach for a while, they eventually respawn.

I'm still waiting for one DLC to be released for me (ps3) however I'm still enjoying some of the YouTube coverage of the dragonborn dlc

Quote Originally Posted by xShayde View Post
    I'm still waiting for one DLC to be released for me (ps3) however I'm still enjoying some of the YouTube coverage of the dragonborn dlc
    I could've sworn Beth recently said something about Dragonborn being released on PC and PS3 at the same time in January, so there's that.
    I still haven't pirated Dawnguard, but from what I've heard/seen, it's pretty bland. Not sure if I should bother wasting the HDD space.

If anyone has started Dragonborn yet, what would you suggest the minimum level for your player to be?

I ask because I'm level 12 and if there is more than two ash spawn at once i will get destroyed. I have the best equipment i can find as well, A scimitar and the Chitin Armor.
    Last edited by pikasaur; 29th December 2012 at 2:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    If anyone has started Dragonborn yet, what would you suggest the minimum level for your player to be?

I ask because I'm level 12 and if there is more than two ash spawn at once i will get destroyed. I have the best equipment i can find as well, A scimitar and the Chitin Armor.
    Just play the main story for a while. Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild.. You can start later with the DLC's when you are strong and advanced enough.

I figured since Dawnguard was manageable at lvl 10, Dragonborn wouldn't be that difficult either.

Some good did come from my attempts. I did manage a few non-ash spawn side quests, like delivering drinks to town members, fetching a book from a ship, and a Ancient Nordic Pickaxe from someone.
    i also found Meridia's Beacon in a chest in Hrodulf's House.

and i also forgot to mention, a dragon attacked raven rock 5 minutes after i arrived.
    Last edited by pikasaur; 29th December 2012 at 5:50 AM.

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast