Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My OU team

Default My OU team

This is the team that I use for my OU battles. I honestly think its not very good due to my lack of competitive battling skills.

Deoxys-S @ focus sash
    Trait: Pressure
    EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Spd/ 4 SpAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd -Atk)
    - Spikes
    - Stealth rock
    - Psycho Boost
    - Ice Beam

I know he isn't the best of the moveset / EV's, but I gave him Ice Punch because no one will expect it. Ice Beam counters Ground/Dragon/Flying leads, Psycho Boost will kill, Spikes and Stealth Rock are obviously for hazards.

Scizor @ Leftovers
    Trait: Technician
    EV's: 248 HP/ 60 Atk/ 200 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk - SAtk)
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Roost
    - Swords Dance

Again, this isn't the best Scizor, however, I like the idea of Swords Dance 3 times, then roosting, then, BP or Bug bite. U-Turn is also an option for this guy but what the heck? I'm not gonna go out in battle to swords dance my face off then get away.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EV's: 204 HP/12 Def/ 244 SpDef/ 48 Spd
    Careful nature (+SpDef -SAtk)
    - Wish
    - Iron Head
    - Thunder Wave
    - Fire Punch

I think that this is the best Pkmn I chose so far. Fire Punch is for Magnezone/Ferro, Wish is for the times I predict a switch-out, and Iron Head is for flinch hax. and T wave is for para.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shed Skin
    EV's: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
    - Bulk Up
    - Rest
    - Drain Punch
    - Crunch

This guy is the boss. I remember so many battles when I 6-0'd cause of him. Bulk Up is for bulkyness, then, Rest will heal + shed skin. Crunch takes care of Latios plus stab.

Rotom W @ Choice scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EV's: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
    Modest nature (+SAtk -Atk)
    - Trick
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power (grass)

I chose Rotom because he is very hindering to your opponents team and hes a pretty good switch/sweeper. Trick is for messing up your opponents strategy. Hidden Power is for gastrodon, Hydro Pump is for Hydro-Pumping, and Volt Switch is for switching (obviously).

Infernape @ Life orb
    Trait: Blaze (I wish his DW ability was allowed)
    Naive nature (+Spd -SpDef)
    - Mach Punch
    - Close Combat
    - Overheat
    - U-Turn

Although he has helped me a bit, he never really was the cause of my wins. Mach Punch is for priority, Close Combat is for super killing, Overheat is for major death, and U-turn is for psychic/getting the heck outa there.
    Last edited by UltimateVictini; 11th November 2011 at 11:22 PM.

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Want a clan? Check out my amazing clan "Forbidden Empires" (click image below for link)

Rate my team!!
    Clan Chat!

Credits to me for the FE leader UB.

Thats pretty standard (as in 4/5 teams use Deo-S/Scizor/Rotom-W and such), all you need is a bit more personal experience to make it work well.

Suggestions include TWave/Body Slam on Jirachi, don't know if you considered it but since you already have 2 flinch moves. Iron Head is prefered over Zen Headbutt cuz it will hit every single pokemon in existance while Zen won't hit dark types.

Also as an Infernape maniac, if Flare Blitz isn't doing it for you and Fire Punch is too low, try Blaze Kick, pretty good move and the +crit rate is always handy. If anything mine was sporting a Wide Lens with Blaze Kick and Rock Slide/Stone Edge (depending on my mood). Swords Dance solve the damage difference.

if your gonna ue a dragon dance scrafty either max out the speed and change the nature to jolly or go for a bulk up set.

Silly me, I read Spe instead of Sp.D.
    What Floatzel said is true, as of now even with 2 Dragon Dance you only reach 304 speed, thats good for outspeeding base 100 on neutral natures with no boost of their own, so unless you think you can stand around and pop 3 DD safely, some reajustments are in order

Quote Originally Posted by Acatia View Post
    Silly me, I read Spe instead of Sp.D.
    What Floatzel said is true, as of now even with 2 Dragon Dance you only reach 304 speed, thats good for outspeeding base 100 on neutral natures with no boost of their own, so unless you think you can stand around and pop 3 DD safely, some reajustments are in order
    Ok, thanks for the suggestions guys. I will max out the speed, but what about the defense stats? do they even need a boost? again, thx for the ideas.

Want a clan? Check out my amazing clan "Forbidden Empires" (click image below for link)

Rate my team!!
    Clan Chat!

On Deoxys go for Hp EVs because there better for bulk, then on Scizor I would take his speed EVs put them in defenses or attack or if there for out speeding something please say what. Lastly on Rotom I would give him Hidden power grass to take down gastrodon which non of your team well, while Ferrothorn is taken down by Infernape.
    73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Darquese View Post
    On Deoxys go for Hp EVs because there better for bulk, then on Scizor I would take his speed EVs put them in defenses or attack or if there for out speeding something please say what. Lastly on Rotom I would give him Hidden power grass to take down gastrodon which non of your team well, while Ferrothorn is taken down by Infernape.
    The EV's for speed on Scizor are just to even the odds for other pokes, great suggestion though. I know I can't really counter gastrodon, so I'll go ahead and change the HP. Thx for the great ideas!

Rate my team!!
    Clan Chat!

Provided 31 Def and Sp.D IVs, Scrafty's natural bulk gives him 266 defences, not too shabby. Of course that won't help much on the fighting heavy metagame, but Def EVs wouldn't help all that much

252 Speed EVs on an Adamant build brings you to 323 speed after 1 Dragon Dance meaning you're outspeeding anything along the lines of neutral nature base 110 speed
    after 2 DD you outspeed +1 positive natured Dragonite and tie with +1 252EV Gyarados

Infernape wants jolly nature

And I think you should give Jirachi some bulk. He works better as a tank than a actual sweeper
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Quote Originally Posted by Acatia View Post
    Provided 31 Def and Sp.D IVs, Scrafty's natural bulk gives him 266 defences, not too shabby. Of course that won't help much on the fighting heavy metagame, but Def EVs wouldn't help all that much

252 Speed EVs on an Adamant build brings you to 323 speed after 1 Dragon Dance meaning you're outspeeding anything along the lines of neutral nature base 110 speed
    after 2 DD you outspeed +1 positive natured Dragonite and tie with +1 252EV Gyarados
    ok, so I'm good with the speed and the Def + SDef stats right now. Thats very good to know :b
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagga09 View Post
    Infernape wants jolly nature

And I think you should give Jirachi some bulk. He works better as a tank than a actual sweeper
    I gave it some bulk with wish, and I even gave it lefties for that matter. What do you suggest would make it bulkier?

Rate my team!!
    Clan Chat!

Use this ev spread on Jirachi
    252 HP / 224 Special Defense / 32 Spe
    Careful nature

Use this ev spread on Jirachi
    252 HP / 224 Special Defense / 32 Spe
    Careful nature
    I think that my Jirachi is ok how it is, but on your suggestion I will mix around the EV's.

btw, everyone who sees this, please, if you have a better moveset for one of my pokes, please tell me as I do not think I am very good at the whole moveset thing.
    Last edited by UltimateVictini; 10th November 2011 at 1:03 AM.

Rate my team!!
    Clan Chat!

okay... run superpower over extremespeed. deoxys-s is the fastest pokemon in the game, so A) you don't need superpower and B) he doesn't have the power to make that move worthwhile. superpower lets you put massive holes in ttar too. you could also run ice beam over ice punch for the higher power and put the 4 evs into special attack.

on ape... flare blitz is just oh so much better than blaze kick, regardless of the damage. it lets you net many more kos than blaze kick will. thunderpunch is unorthodox but seems useful.

on rachi i would run thunder wave instead of body slam, para-ing ghosts is nice and with the other attacks you really don't need the damage. 100% para>60~%.

dragon dance scrafty is crap, run the bulk up set.

scrafty(m) @ leftovers
    trait:shed skin
    EVs: 252 hp 8 attack 248 specdef
    careful nature
    -bulk up
    -drain punch
    -crunch
    -rest
    boo-yah coverage, survivability, etc. shed skin with rest is amazing.
    Last edited by zerofield; 10th November 2011 at 1:21 AM.

so metal

Quote Originally Posted by zerofield View Post
    I LoLed so hard at this you have obviously never vsed/used a DD Scrafty other wise you would know he is beast and would *****slap your Bulk Up Scraty into a black hole.
    Edit: Oh yea ditto guy try doing speed EVs as Spe and special defense EVs as SpD just a little easy for people to know what they are
    Last edited by Darquese; 10th November 2011 at 6:41 AM.
    73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateVictini View Post
    This is the team that I use for my OU battles. I honestly think its not very good due to my lack of competitive battling skills.

Deoxys-S @ focus sash
    EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Spd/ 4 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd -Atk)
    - Spikes
    - Stealth rock
    - Psycho boost
    - Ice beam

I know he isn't the best of the moveset / EV's, but I gave him Ice Punch because no one will expect it. Ice Punch counters scor, Extreme Speed is for a last resort thing (against priority), Spikes and Stealth Rock are obviously for hazards.
    Extreme speed seems redundant on such a fast pokemon, and ice beam will overall do much more damage than a physical ice punch. (It fairs well against gliscor, dragonite after stealth rocks, salamence, landorus, ect.)

Scizor @ Lifeorb /Metal Plate
    EV's: 248 HP | 60 Att | 200 SpD
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-Turn/Bug Bite
    - Roost
    - Swords Dance

Again, this isn't the best Scizor, however, I like the idea of Swords Dance 3 times, then roosting, then, BP or Bug bite.
    If you are going for SD boost, try a bulkier set so it can set up better. Even better yet, play around a bit with Evs so you could trick the opponent into thinking that you are banded by using u turn with metal plate (metal plate will come into play once you boost your attack and increase the power of your priority bullet punch). This set will overall survive hits better, and give you a better chance to boost.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    EV's: 252 SpDef/ 48 Spd/ 208 HP
    - Wish
    - Iron Head
    - Body Slam
    - U-Turn

I think that this is the best Pkmn I chose so far. Fire Punch is for Magnezone/Ferro, Wish is for the times I predict a switch-out, and Iron Head/ Zen Headbutt are for stab, flinch hax, and killing.
    Offensively Jirachi is okay, but you lose his nice niche of being able to cause damage in the long run with extended survivability. Fire punch will tickle a ferrothorn/magnezone in the rain. You could give a try to uturn, so if you predict a magnetzone switch in, you can just eject yourself out.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
    Jolly nature (+Spd -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Ice Punch
    - Drain Punch
    - Crunch

This guy is the boss. I remember so many battles when I 6-0'd cause of him. DDance is for attack and speed, then, if I had run low on health by then, Drain Punch will dominate. Crunch takes care of Latios, and Ice Punch takes care of scor.
    Give shed skin a chance, because if you are going against a stall team, then you could get lucky and wiggle off any status that would cripple Scrafty.

Rotom W @ Choice scarf
    EV's: 112 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 144 Spd
    - Trick
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power (grass)

I chose Rotom because he is very hindering to your opponents team and hes a pretty good switch/sweeper. Trick is for messing up your opponents strategy. Hidden Power is for ferro, and Volt Switch is for switching (obviously)
    A scarfer.... seems fitting.

Infernape @ Life orb
    - Mach Punch
    - Close Combat
    - Overheat
    - U-Turn

Although he has helped me a bit, he never really was the cause of my wins. Mach Punch is for priority, Close Combat is for super killing, Blaze kick is better than killing yourself with flare blitz, and Thunder Punch is for some flying types who resist him.
    Try a mix sweeper so you are not completly walled by gliscor, and hurt a skarmory (KOing it after rocks). Dont forget what a wonderful asset U turn can be as you can predict a switch or outspeed your opponent, and just leave unharmed.
    changed in bold
    Last edited by EmeraldGoblin; 10th November 2011 at 4:07 PM.

Credit: Sworn MetalHead

^You could try a Lum Berry on Scrafty if status is trouble to you while keeping the amazing boost of Moxie and a much more reliable way to get rid of status

I think that my Jirachi is ok how it is, but on your suggestion I will mix around the EV's.

Your Jirachi is just going to be a poor man's Metagross.

on your rotom i would change the ev's to 4hp / 252Spa / 252spe cause if you trick away our scarf you still want to have as much speed as you can. i think your infernape should run the mixed set that eg commented on or a nasty plot set. jirachi isn't really doing anything or your team so maybe consider switching it

okay... run superpower over extremespeed. deoxys-s is the fastest pokemon in the game, so A) you don't need superpower and B) he doesn't have the power to make that move worthwhile. superpower lets you put massive holes in ttar too. you could also run ice beam over ice punch for the higher power and put the 4 evs into special attack.

on ape... flare blitz is just oh so much better than blaze kick, regardless of the damage. it lets you net many more kos than blaze kick will. thunderpunch is unorthodox but seems useful.

on rachi i would run thunder wave instead of body slam, para-ing ghosts is nice and with the other attacks you really don't need the damage. 100% para>60~%.

scrafty(m) @ leftovers
    trait:shed skin
    EVs: 252 hp 8 attack 248 specdef
    careful nature
    -bulk up
    -drain punch
    -crunch
    -rest
    boo-yah coverage, survivability, etc. shed skin with rest is amazing.
    Ok, I will see what I can do for Rachi, Deoxys, and Scrafty, but on ape, Flare Blitz took away half of my health by one hit. Recoil + life orb is not such a good idea.... btw, I think your idea for Scrafty is awesome. Thx!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGoblin View Post
    changed in bold
    Thx for your suggestion EG. This is going to help me alot! EDIT: did you mean metal coat? cause I can't find metal plate.
    Your Jirachi is just going to be a poor man's Metagross.
    yeah, I'll just use a couple EV's to change the defense around.
    Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    on your rotom i would change the ev's to 4hp / 252Spa / 252spe cause if you trick away our scarf you still want to have as much speed as you can. i think your infernape should run the mixed set that eg commented on or a nasty plot set. jirachi isn't really doing anything or your team so maybe consider switching it
    I'll use that EV spread for Rotom. On ape I was just about to change the moveset, and on Rachi, I don't think hes that bad (FLINCH HAX :P), I'm just gonna change the EV spread after school today.
    Last edited by UltimateVictini; 10th November 2011 at 7:36 PM.

Rate my team!!
    Clan Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by Darquese View Post
    I LoLed so hard at this you have obviously never vsed/used a DD Scrafty other wise you would know he is beast and would *****slap your Bulk Up Scraty into a black hole.
    Edit: Oh yea ditto guy try doing speed EVs as Spe and special defense EVs as SpD just a little easy for people to know what they are
    No need to be a jerk bro, just offering my opinion...

DD+moxie is crap and I'm sticking to that, as bulk up scrafty trolls stall all day, while ddmoxie scrafty gets screwed over and stalled out by toxic. Lol...

EG's suggestions are mostly great, go with them. He means iron plate, not metal plate though

so metal

No need to be a jerk bro, just offering my opinion...

DD+moxie is crap and I'm sticking to that, as bulk up scrafty trolls stall all day, while ddmoxie scrafty gets screwed over and stalled out by toxic. Lol...

EG's suggestions are mostly great, go with them. He means iron plate, not metal plate though
    yeah, thx, I was wondering about that...

Rate my team!!
    Clan Chat!

Deoxys-S @ focus sash
    EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Spd/ 4 SpAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd -Atk)
    - Spikes/Taunt
    - Stealth rock/Taunt
    - Psycho Boost
    - Ice Beam

I know he isn't the best of the moveset / EV's, but I gave him Ice Punch because no one will expect it. Ice Beam counters Ground/Dragon/Flying leads, Psycho Boost will kill, Spikes and Stealth Rock are obviously for hazards.
    Just a recommendation

Scizor @ Leftovers
    EV's: 252 HP/ 40 Atk/ 216 Spe Def
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Roost
    - Swords Dance

Again, this isn't the best Scizor, however, I like the idea of Swords Dance 3 times, then roosting, then, BP or Bug bite. U-Turn is also an option for this guy but what the heck? I'm not gonna go out in battle to swords dance my face off then get away.
    The Evs here allow you to take many more attacks and set up on more pokemon, like specs Latios stuck in Draco

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    EV's: 204 HP/12 Def/ 244 SpDef/ 48 Spd
    - Wish
    - Iron Head
    - Thunder Wave
    - Fire Punch

I think that this is the best Pkmn I chose so far. Fire Punch is for Magnezone/Ferro, Wish is for the times I predict a switch-out, and Iron Head is for flinch hax. and T wave is for para.
    Good

Scrafty @ Leftovers
    EV's: 252 Atk/ 252 Spedef/ 4 HP
    Sassy Nature (+Sdef, -Spd)/Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd
    - Bulk Up
    - Rest
    - Drain Punch
    - Payback

This guy is the boss. I remember so many battles when I 6-0'd cause of him. Bulk Up is for bulkyness, then, Rest will heal + shed skin. Crunch takes care of Latios plus stab.
    Payback is much better on this set and you want a non speed raising nature, its a waste.

Rotom W @ Choice scarf
    EV's: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
    - Trick
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power (grass)

I chose Rotom because he is very hindering to your opponents team and hes a pretty good switch/sweeper. Trick is for messing up your opponents strategy. Hidden Power is for gastrodon, Hydro Pump is for Hydro-Pumping, and Volt Switch is for switching (obviously).
    Good

Infernape @ Life orb
    - Mach Punch
    - Close Combat
    - Overheat
    - U-Turn

Although he has helped me a bit, he never really was the cause of my wins. Mach Punch is for priority, Close Combat is for super killing, Overheat is for major death, and U-turn is for psychic/getting the heck outa there.
    Good.
    Changes in Bold!

Something to note though is that rain latios can trouble this team if scizor is weakened or is specs with surf.
    Last edited by Dark-Tyranitar; 10th November 2011 at 9:48 PM.
    Rate my UU Team
    NOWZ!!!!!
    The Fallen

The Forbidden Empires are open!!!

(Click on the banner for a link)

Clan Chat

A look at synergy:

You have a Ground weakness, and no resistance to Electric. This is a serious problem if you want to have a reliable switch-in to Zapdos or Thunder Dragonite. Rain teams in general will bring this team to its knees, as only Rotom-W is your team's reliable counter to Tornadus, Rotom-W, and Gastrodon. Dragonite walls your team completely as you lack ice moves, and Conkeldurr is basically unresisted.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Tyranitar View Post
    Changes in Bold!

Something to note though is that rain latios can trouble this team if scizor is weakened or is specs with surf.
    Thx for the suggestion for scor ttar!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.14kachu View Post
    A look at synergy:

You have a Ground weakness, and no resistance to Electric. This is a serious problem if you want to have a reliable switch-in to Zapdos or Thunder Dragonite. Rain teams in general will bring this team to its knees, as only Rotom-W is your team's reliable counter to Tornadus, Rotom-W, and Gastrodon. Dragonite walls your team completely as you lack ice moves, and Conkeldurr is basically unresisted.
    Conkeldurr is pwned by Deoxys, and if you think it would be better, I will change volt switch to thunderbolt. I will change a couple of stuff later today.

Rate my team!!
    Clan Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by 3.14kachu View Post
    A look at synergy:

He doesn't have a huge ground weakness. Only 2/6 are weak against it and he has a levitator. Although, I agree Dragon Types giving him problems.

I would try to give Infernape Stone Edge or something and try to give another one of his poke an ice move

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast