Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita (716)

Default Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita (716)

Scraggy & The Selfish Gothita!!

On their way to Driftveil City, Ash & Co. meet up with a trainer who is having trouble with her Gothita. The Gothita takes a liking to Ash's Scraggy so the trainer requests Ash trade it to her. Ash refuses this offer and so the trainer challenges him to a battle, and if he loses, he must trade Scraggy. Will Ash win the battle or will he lose Scraggy?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

oooo....just the thought that in half an hour Ash might lose scraggy is scaring me!!!

What's the betting that Ash loses the battle but keeps Scraggy anyway?

Anyway, quite excited for this one, it's been a bit of a dry spell for good episodes as of late.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

The episode starts with Axew vs Scraggy round 4!

Scraggy's headbutt was good.

Now Scraggy Hi Jump Kick'd Axew when Axew uses Dragon Rage.

Tie.

Aaw, the two are drinking from a lake.

The two really are best friends!

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Wow nice it starts with a battle between Axew and Scraggy and they tie haha , I guess we can say Scraggy is definetly battle ready since we know Axew is.
    rr
    They seem to be great friends now playing with each other, damn cute moment.

Dragon sneeze is back...well sort of

Looks like Axew and Scraggy got into a tumble and they went into Gothita, knocking her over.

And here comes Gothita and now it's trainer comes in.

Koharu has the 2nd and 3rd badges of Unova.

Now it's lunch time and they're all eating.
    Last edited by playerking; 10th November 2011 at 10:06 AM.

Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Oh its a gym battler, I actually said I wanted her to become a rival with Gothita since she doesn't seem that bland and Gothita has a personality.

Why the **** ins't the other reserve and Dent and Iris pokemons out, poor things must be starving...

OMFG Gothita making Scraggy face was awesome and **** you girl for asking for Scraggy.

What an ******* she puts her pokemons out and asks which one he wants forr Scraggy what the hell.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 10th November 2011 at 10:08 AM.

Looks like Scraggy went to headbutt Gothita and then it Hi Jump Kick'd it.

I think Cilan's talking about the subway masters and lol, Koharu was trying to slide away from Cilan.

Koharu has a Darumka, a Deerling and a Mandibuzz.

Did you really have to look up Mandibuzz on your Pokedex Ash?
    Last edited by playerking; 10th November 2011 at 10:10 AM.

Man I seriously am liking this assolish spoiled due, I do hope they become rivals.

Bah she baited Satoshi inot a battle.

Wait Gothitha even choses what pokemon fighters lol, she is the trainer not the girl haha.

Axew is preocupied, nice I like that they are focusing on his bond with Scraggy.

Wow, Axew is really worried.

Mandibuzz has Dark Pulse and Airs Slash as well.

Tepig WON!

**** YEAH Tepig won.

Evolve now.

holy ****...pokabu won

axew having nightmare about scraggy leaving.....how sweet!
    Last edited by shac; 10th November 2011 at 10:26 AM.

Snivy will now start dishing divine punishment (she finally noticed that spoiled brat needs a lesson).
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 10th November 2011 at 10:15 AM.

pokabu nitro charge vs mandibuzz brave bird. POkabu comes out winner.

Now Snivy, the all knowing one, suspects that gothita is up tp something

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, Tepig dreaming about Satoshi losing, Dent has his movie episode outfit.

Poor Axew, he seriously has a mancrush on Scraggy, seriously I'm loving this episode for many reasons till now but the best part has been the focus on Scraggy and Axew friendship.

Tepig shouldn't be the one to evolve yet in my opinion.

Scraggy sleeping in his skin is cute.

Snivy notices Gothita's selfishness.

Scraggy and Gothita walk outside

Axew has a bad nightmare, but why did he dream of Cilan in his magician outfit?

Tranquill to the rescue.

Uh oh, Gothita shouldn't have upset Garbodor. Now they're all in trouble. Except, Snivy saves them, but not Gothita.

Tranquill is out to searsh for Scraggy, Axew and Gothihta.

Slaped in the butt.

Dragon ball exchanges in the air XD.

Snivy wins too, nice Tepig and Snivy got a win today.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 10th November 2011 at 10:23 AM.

And now Snivy is battling Gothita...because...because!

And Snivy won. No trade for Scraggy, like I thought!

Gothita runs away because of Snivy and no one gets it. Koharu runs away as well, Cilan says Best Wishes!

Lol, Scraggy and Axew strutting at the end looked cool, in my opinion.

awesome awesome episode!! this is what a filler should be like....10/10

good character developments, nice battles, a good story, a nice intro of a new pokemon....what more can you ask for??

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    And now Snivy is battling Gothita...because...because!

And Snivy won. No trade for Scraggy, like I thought!
    I don't think this battle was to determine that at all, Gothita just wanted to battle, that spoiled thing actually came off as kinda courageous.

at Snivy smiling at Axew and Scraggy together, she acted like their mother lol.

I'm 90% certain this girl will come back.

shac I don't consider this a filler :S, the episode was all about developing Axew and Scraggy bound and showing their friendship, we got two battles and like I said I'm certain this girl and Gothitha will come back so its an introduction episode(I might be wrong and she doesn't come back but to me its still not a filler).

No Trade ? No Capture ? No new move ? No evolution ? No debut ?

Only development ? I'm loving it

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I don't think this battle was to determine that at all, Gothita just wanted to battle, that spoiled thing actually came off as kinda courageous.

shac I don't consider this a filler :S, the episode was all about developing Axew and Scraggy bound and showing their friendship, we got two battles and like I said I'm certain this girl and Gothitha will come back so its an introduction episode(I might be wrong and she doesn't come back but to me its still not a filler).
    I think you are right, the last battle had nothing to do with the 'trade'. Good to see snivy smacking the **** out of that spoiled brat.

Well, to avoid complexity, I consider any episode not having a major battle/evolution to be a filler.

Did anyone catch what attack Gothita attack that Snivy was 'vine whipping' away. Looked like silver wind.

The best part was when pikachu tries to talk to Garbodor to calm it down, but gothita being the brat she is just tries to attack garbodor again; and then snivy smacks her in the butt. I lol'd at that.

I'm glad Axew and Sraggy's relationship has changed.

Sure no captures from Gothita and Garbodor(Even though this one was unlikely anyway), but I enjoyed it anyway.

I wouldn't liked Tranquill to battle but at least it was used to help search.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post

I sort of meant overall, no trade for Scraggy. But anyway, that sort of makes sense, why would they have a battle to decide it again, but I still see no point in the battle anyway. That could have been used for something else.

Like Gothita changing it's ways or something like that.

I don't think this girl will come back, she doesn't seem like a rival for Ash to me, but I guess it wouldn't hurt for Ash to get a 4th rival now.

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    I think you are right, the last battle had nothing to do with the 'trade'. Good to see snivy smacking the **** out of that spoiled brat.

Well, to avoid complexity, I consider any episode not having a major battle/evolution to be a filler.

Did anyone catch what attack Gothita attack that Snivy was 'vine whipping' away. Looked like silver wind.

The best part was when pikachu tries to talk to Garbodor to calm it down, but gothita being the brat she is just tries to attack garbodor again; and then snivy smacks her in the butt. I lol'd at that.
    I sort of meant overall, by the time Gothita was defeated, there was no way Koharu could have traded it by that time, otherwise it probably would've been too short and knowing how pushy she is, she could have turned it into a battle with a trade on the line.

But like I said, that battle seems even more pointless, especially when Gothita was still a brat by the end.

Wait a second Pepsi and Shac.

Look what Bulbapedia says.

"Her Gothita took a liking to Ash's Scraggy and wanted her to battle Ash for ownership of him. Not being able to say no to Gothita, she agreed to it. Of course Ash refused to battle her if those were the wages. However, Koharu taunted him until he eventually agreed. He was able to knockout her Mandibuzz with his Tepig before the rest of the battle was canceled by rain. The next day she battled against him again. This time she used her Gothita while he used his Snivy. The battle ended in a loss for Koharu and she was forced to run after her Gothita who left the scene in a fit over the loss."

Looks like it was meant to be a 3 vs. 3 or a 2 vs. 2 battle, but after Ash won the first battle, the rain canceled the rest.
    Last edited by playerking; 10th November 2011 at 10:59 AM.

Hum, is there any need for a reason to a pokemon trainer to fight each other?

Gothita was pissed at Snivy and asked her trainer to battle it, Satoshi and Snivy accepted the challenge, the episode hinted at a confrontation, so it made sense lol.

I don't mean her as a direct rival like Belle or Shooti, something Kenyan a minor rivalry but she has a pokemon with a nice personality to make her appear again, has two badges so she is going for the league and actually got a not to bland design(even though it was kinda bland).

So I definetly can see her appearing atleast in the league.

Hum, so who wrote that on Bulbapedia? someone who actually translated it or someone who though it was like that and wrote it there(like people do it sometimes) if that is true I'm fine either way lol.

She still asked to specifically fight Snivy due to their confrontation.

Exactly she is still a brat that is why I see her and her trainer coming back, besides the badges.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 10th November 2011 at 12:20 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast