This episode is an episode I like to see. There were faults, sure, but the positives outnumber the faults by far.
These are the type of episodes we need, not some random episode about random event that no one should give a crap about. I'm not saying there should be a battle in every episode, but is it really that hard to create an episode revolving around the group's Pokemon without actually making it look like "bad writing" just because a Pokemon shows up for the sake of showing up, which quite frankly is far better than not showing up for 2 billion episodes, and is completely forgotten.
I mean as horrible and teasing Tranquill's appearance was, at least she showed up. Better than not showing up for 30 episodes.
- Scraggy is getting some battling time in
- I really like Scraggy, since evolution sometimes screws up Pokemon (personality-wise), I'd rather Scraggy didn't evolve, but then that would mean Axew shouldn't evolve either, so never mind.
- I like how Scraggy ignored the whole "trade / Battle Ultimatum" spiel outside of Ash about to choose a Pokemon.
- Love how excited Tepig was when it was chosen.
- I also liked Snivy's focus in this, I was surprised when she was upset when Axew and Scraggy got involved with Garbodor, Snivy was like "WHAT THE *BLEEP* ARE YOU DOING OUT OF BED!" I'm not sure I've seen Snivy so pissed off.
- Loved that both Tepig and Snivy got wins.
- Loved how Ash didn't part with Scraggy and he got to keep him.
- As I've implied, I don't like how Tranquill just showed up for a little bit only to look for Scraggy, Axew, and Snivy
and Gothita. You would think that Ash would've chosen Tranquill to battle instead of Tepig, you know so Tranquill could get a battle.
- On the other hand, Roggenrola probably would've been the best choice against Mandibuzz, seeing as how it is a rock type. Unfortunately though since Ash used Tranquill, Scraggy and all starters showed up, it wasn't going to happen.
But if not Roggenrola, Tranquill would've been much better than Tepig. But maybe the writers are trying to even out the battles more. Though if I'm not mistaken Tepig was the last starter previously, followed by Snivy, I wonder when Oshawott is going to get a batt...oh right Clay.
-Gothita. It wasn't it's personality, it was its appearance in general. As this episode proves, neither Iris nor Ash will have a Gothita, and thus the random Gothorita in the Kami Trio episodes is none other than some random trainers. The problem I have is that sure, they can shove the Gothita line down our throat, I still would've preferred the Solosis line. GRANTED Solosis falling in love with Scraggy would've been a little strange, but we still haven't seen Reuniclus, I don't know about you but it always seemed to me Reuniclus was more popular that Gothitelle (not that I really care too much). So I find it odd, that just because Gothita line is human-shaped that it gets more attention. And so the Gothorita that will show up in the Kami trio just seems so unnecessary. Sure I get that Gothorita resembles Iris more than any other 5th gen psychic Pokemon (excluding Gothitelle) and we haven't seen Gothorita yet, but this Gothita line is just too overexposed.
- Not that it matters but I'm a little disappointed that Psyshock or some psychic attack wasn't used on Scraggy, you know just a little taste of Scraggy's dark type. But like I said it doesn't matter.
Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.