Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita (716)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Hum, is there any need for a reason to a pokemon trainer to fight each other?

Gothita was pissed at Snivy and asked her trainer to battle it, Satoshi and Snivy accepted the challenge, the episode hinted at a confrontation, so it made sense lol.

I don't mean her as a direct rival like Belle or Shooti, something Kenyan a minor rivalry but she has a pokemon with a nice personality to make her appear again, has two badges so she is going for the league and actually got a not to bland design(even though it was kinda bland).

So I definetly can see her appearing atleast in the league.

Hum, so who wrote that on Bulbapedia? someone who actually translated it or someone who though it was like that and wrote it there(like people do it sometimes) if that is true I'm fine either way lol.

She still asked to specifically fight Snivy due to their confrontation.

Exactly she is still a brat that is why I see her and her trainer coming back, besides the badges.
    Well yes, you wouldn't just wake up in the morning and then have a battle because Pokemon from two different people don't sort of like each other because one thinks the other one is a brat.

One of the main editors edited that. So, it looks like Gothita wanted to battle Snivy and so they battled, but it still meant to be apart of the battles that they were going to have to see if Scraggy would be traded, if not, there was no reason for Gothita or Koharu so stay.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Oooh! Ash didn't get the Gothita?

Well now i've lost interest, I can't see myself watching this episode any time soon.

No Gothita for the main cast
    But an AWESOME episode, I loved the fact Tepig and Snivy won
    RandomOne

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Oooh! Ash didn't get the Gothita?

Well now i've lost interest, I can't see myself watching this episode any time soon.
    Lol but it was a great episode, that is no reason for not watching it :S.

No playerking, pokemon trainers can fight each other for the sole reason of getting strong, games have been out for some years you should know by now lol.

Kenyan vs Satoshi was that, two trainer that meet each other and started battling right away.

Only seen the pictures so far.

It looks like a nice episode.

It's nice to see Scraggy and Axew still battling, and it's starting to be an actual real battle now that both have some experience. It's also nice to see that the two seem pretty close with each other.

I wish the writers would put in all of the gang's Pokemon(Aside from Ash's since that wont be possible unless they go to Juniper's lab or something). It's nothing all that big, but it's just nice seeing the other Pokemon being part of the group and eating and whatnot.

The new character seems interesting, seems to collect gym badges, maybe she'll be the Nando or Conway of Best Wishes. I wouldn't mind seeing her again.

Tepig and Snivy both got a battle, and won their battles.

Overall it looks like a great episode to me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Bwuahaha no Gothita for the main cast. I'm so giddy.

I do like that Axew and Scraggy have become best friends.

Random : PokéRadar

I'm gonna start with my usual moan and then end on a positive note.

I looks like tranquill is well and truly the new noctowl guys, she doesn't need to battle, doesn't need to eat, just a scout and to add insult to injury there isn't even a balloon to pop so there is only one function, scouting that the bird does! WHY did tepig need a battle more than tranquill? I don't understand why in a scraggy-centred episode scraggy, who has never had a proper battle other than with axew, wasn't one of the two battles. grrrr. yep, snivy needed a win but why not her against deerling, tranquill vs mandibuzz and scraggy vs gothia? At least let tranquill eat! One of the things I miss in this saga is the 'everybody out' lunches. We've had two where all of ash's team were out and both times it was the same team (scraggy and swadloon as reserves), plus like someone said, iris and cilan's pokemon other than axew rarely come out.

On a positive note, the episode looks great, and I'm glad to see scraggy development and him looking ready to battle, hopefully in the next gym. I think this is how fillers (an episode where no major event happens) should be, I don't see any excuse for any episode to not contain some sort of development when ash has 575858588 pokemon.
    It was good snivy got a win.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

I didnt say they rarely come out, I said that in that situation where those pokemons are eating why not get his own(Dent) pokemons and Iris out to eat too, nothing else.

I like those everybody out lunches too but that usually happened in fillers and due to others series having more fillers that obviously happened more.

Tranquill is doing the same every bird did(I remember for example people saying Straptor was doing nothing for a while in DP, but some people have short memory and suprise suprise, he is the pokemon that appeared more due to, "go scout"), which apparently in other regions was "screentime" aka look for the pokemon TR robbed "bird".

I do think the pokemons(read not Tranquill only) were out of the pokeball, similar to Oshawott even though he didn't do anything, he was there but like I said with such a great episode I can't really value that to much.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 10th November 2011 at 4:54 PM.

This sounds like a very good episode in regards to character interaction and moar Scraggy, but considering that Koharu herself's also getting badges I think she deserves another appearance in the future. Plus, just look at how they ended the episode with her running after Gothita, it reminds me so much of Bianca!

BTW, fock you guys about me PayPALing you all $15. The jury's still out on Gothita and Koharu returning.
    Last edited by Yeul; 10th November 2011 at 7:28 PM.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

This episode was amazing, I truly liked it.

- A win for both Snivy AND Tepig? Awesome!
    - A confirmation that Tranquill is still alive? Neat!
    - The adorable friendship between Axew and Scraggy? Super cute! :3
    - Selfish Gothita commanding over her trainer? Pretty original, I hope they become recurring characters, I rather liked them.
    - SNIVY BEING ALL KINDS OF AWESOME TOWARDS THE END? ♥

I loved this episode! The fact Karuhi collects badges makes me hopeful about her appearing later on. Imo, Snivy stole the episode at the end!

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    This episode was amazing, I truly liked it.

- A win for both Snivy AND Tepig? Awesome!
    They made up for their loses at Nimbasa. Now for Oshawott.

Random : PokéRadar

Great episode I hope the girl and its trainer returns.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    I hope the girl and its trainer returns.
    I can only agree with this. Let's hope writers have already decided on bringing her back since we saw her gym badges. ^^

Oh surprise, the episode is not online!

Rip-off waste of an episode. I wish the writers would stop taunting us with captures. I'm surprised that she's a league challenger though. I called it, but I still didn't expect it. Her team is boring anyway.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

I really didn't wish for anyone to catch a Gothita, not too fond of that evo line. Battles were great, I freaked out when Tepig was hit with that Brave Bird, glad he pulled through. And Snivy's just a wonderful pokemon character, least favourite of these starters overall, but Ash's one really makes me like it. I really wish woulda let Tranquill eat though...In Hoenn and Sinnoh they never ignored anyone of the team like this.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

snivy seemed kinda lonely at the beggining :P i know she likes to be real mature and stuff but maybe this could mean her evolving soon? probably not but it's just a suggestion

and she also won a battle (which kinda makes it up for the gym leader :P still it's only a normal battle) so she got more experienced. well i hope she evolves soon
    Last edited by TheSirPeras; 10th November 2011 at 10:06 PM.

This episode is an episode I like to see. There were faults, sure, but the positives outnumber the faults by far.

These are the type of episodes we need, not some random episode about random event that no one should give a crap about. I'm not saying there should be a battle in every episode, but is it really that hard to create an episode revolving around the group's Pokemon without actually making it look like "bad writing" just because a Pokemon shows up for the sake of showing up, which quite frankly is far better than not showing up for 2 billion episodes, and is completely forgotten.

I mean as horrible and teasing Tranquill's appearance was, at least she showed up. Better than not showing up for 30 episodes.

Positives-

- Scraggy is getting some battling time in
    - I really like Scraggy, since evolution sometimes screws up Pokemon (personality-wise), I'd rather Scraggy didn't evolve, but then that would mean Axew shouldn't evolve either, so never mind.
    - I like how Scraggy ignored the whole "trade / Battle Ultimatum" spiel outside of Ash about to choose a Pokemon.
    - Love how excited Tepig was when it was chosen.
    - I also liked Snivy's focus in this, I was surprised when she was upset when Axew and Scraggy got involved with Garbodor, Snivy was like "WHAT THE *BLEEP* ARE YOU DOING OUT OF BED!" I'm not sure I've seen Snivy so pissed off.
    - Loved that both Tepig and Snivy got wins.
    - Loved how Ash didn't part with Scraggy and he got to keep him.

Negatives-

- As I've implied, I don't like how Tranquill just showed up for a little bit only to look for Scraggy, Axew, and Snivy and Gothita. You would think that Ash would've chosen Tranquill to battle instead of Tepig, you know so Tranquill could get a battle.

- On the other hand, Roggenrola probably would've been the best choice against Mandibuzz, seeing as how it is a rock type. Unfortunately though since Ash used Tranquill, Scraggy and all starters showed up, it wasn't going to happen.

But if not Roggenrola, Tranquill would've been much better than Tepig. But maybe the writers are trying to even out the battles more. Though if I'm not mistaken Tepig was the last starter previously, followed by Snivy, I wonder when Oshawott is going to get a batt...oh right Clay.

-Gothita. It wasn't it's personality, it was its appearance in general. As this episode proves, neither Iris nor Ash will have a Gothita, and thus the random Gothorita in the Kami Trio episodes is none other than some random trainers. The problem I have is that sure, they can shove the Gothita line down our throat, I still would've preferred the Solosis line. GRANTED Solosis falling in love with Scraggy would've been a little strange, but we still haven't seen Reuniclus, I don't know about you but it always seemed to me Reuniclus was more popular that Gothitelle (not that I really care too much). So I find it odd, that just because Gothita line is human-shaped that it gets more attention. And so the Gothorita that will show up in the Kami trio just seems so unnecessary. Sure I get that Gothorita resembles Iris more than any other 5th gen psychic Pokemon (excluding Gothitelle) and we haven't seen Gothorita yet, but this Gothita line is just too overexposed.

- Not that it matters but I'm a little disappointed that Psyshock or some psychic attack wasn't used on Scraggy, you know just a little taste of Scraggy's dark type. But like I said it doesn't matter.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    - Not that it matters but I'm a little disappointed that Psyshock or some psychic attack wasn't used on Scraggy, you know just a little taste of Scraggy's dark type. But like I said it doesn't matter.
    This would be the only thing that disappointed me a little. Otherwise the episode was great.

I liked the fact that Pokabu got to battle Mandibuzz. i don't like to read too much into these stuffs, but it might have been to compensate for all the losses Tepig had in the last few battles. It shows that Ash has not given up on Tepig (also may indicate that there has been some off-screen training going on??). Tepig deserved this battle and this win.

I don't really like the solosis line, so my opinion might be biased. But I fail to see how a solosis could have worked instead of a gothita here? How do u make a solosis to show any feeling at all? it was much funnier with a gothita in my opinion.

All we need now is another episode like this with the other half of the party - roggen, swadloon, palpi and tranquill with a bigger role.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Oh surprise, the episode is not online!

Rip-off waste of an episode. I wish the writers would stop taunting us with captures. I'm surprised that she's a league challenger though. I called it, but I still didn't expect it. Her team is boring anyway.
    They didnt taunt any capture... people started talking about it because of the calendar, what the hell.

This is why you should wait until actual episodes air. Because most of them will troll us.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode was good. It was cool to see Dasutodasu for the 1st time. Pokabu has grown so much and it really showed in his win vs barujina. He is gradually becoming the best battler of the 3 starters. Pokabu and Zuruggu were completely adorable in this episode. It was great to see Kibago and Zuruggu showing how even though they are rivals, they are still good friends. Tsutarja was definitely acting as the older sister again in this episode. She protected Kibago and Zuruggu against Dasutodasu, and also won the battle against Gothimu. Dasutodasu still looks odd to me... Gothimu did the "Ash's annoyed face", it was priceless to see. Pokabu really got to show his personality in this episode before, during and after the battle. Very interesting to see Kibago have a nightmare about Ash losing the battle and Zuruugu going away.

79/100
    Last edited by G50; 11th November 2011 at 4:46 AM.

Really good ep to start off I'm SO glad Tepig FINALLY won a battle

On the other hand I know how much people hate Iris's Emolga for being a diva but I love Emolga, Gothita on the other hand...I honestly could not stand it. What a spoiled self centered Pokemon, it seems Snivy has a thing for scolding female Pokemon and putting them in their place :P

And also I'ma add that I completely loved Axew's dream it was so crackheaded I was laughing XDDDD

Is it me, or did Gothita seem like the trainer and Koharu was just a puppet in the battle between Mandibuzz & Tepig?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Battling Tierno to see how strong Tyrunt is
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

This episode just made me love snivy even more...It's my favorite pokemon so far both here and in the game...tell you the truth, I'm fine if it doesn't evolve...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    This episode just made me love snivy even more...It's my favorite pokemon so far both here and in the game.
    I only seen the pictures, and based from those, I can't help but agree with this statement.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast