Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita (716)

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    It also looked like Cilan was having a fashion disaster in the dream sequence. Who dresses him?!
    No one. Axew just thinks Cilan's a queer.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    No one wants to see that. It might tarnish their friendship. Some Pokemon aren't meant to battle each other.
    Exactly.

But of course it's obvious Haxorus would destroy Scrafty.

Eh, admit it. Iris would so totally brag about that and Ash would dumbly accept a match just like what happened in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    But of course it's obvious Scrafty would destroy Haxorus.
    Agreed. I just don't see Haxorus standing up to Scrafty and winning. It would defy the laws of physics in pokemon.

I found this episode to be quite enjoyable. I found Axew's dream to be one of the funniest scenes in Pokemon I've seen in a while. I kinda thought Garbodor could have been replaced by any other big Unova pokemon.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

That Gothita is most definately spoilt but I'm glad Snivy put it in it's place. Scraggy and Axew's friendship was adorable in this episode. Axew just couldn't bare life without his best friend, awwww .

There were a lot of smile moments in this episode and it was just an enjoyable episode .
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I watched it yesterday on cartoon network and I give it a 10/10
    3ds Fc: 3394-3692-8190
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Your-Pokemon!

I haveth Claimed the Almighty Rhyperior

I AM BACK!

Credit to Bekidding

That Gothita needed to spanked a few times. What's with the super bossy girls on this show? Don't give away your Pokemon to someone for a dumb reason!

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

Exactly.

But of course it's obvious Haxorus would destroy Scrafty.

Eh, admit it. Iris would so totally brag about that and Ash would dumbly accept a match just like what happened in this episode.
    What? We don't know if Haxorus would win or not. And since we don't let's not be quick to think of Scraggy as this little weakling instead of Axew who hides in Iris's hair.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Awesome episode, Axew's dream sequence was hilarious (especially with the background music).

I also like how snivy owned gothita, it definately deserved it.

Black 2 FC: 1936 8543 0835
    Most of the time I will trade with Black 2.

[IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/rh4eme.jpg[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Challenges:

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64)

Japanese White 2 Team: *

English Black 2 Team: *

*MVP

Horrible episode, with a stupid premise. The Gothita was obnoxious & Ash was stupid for even excepting the battle even after he said he didn't want to trade. This was just **** writing from beginning to end.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by Faker500 View Post
    That Gothita needed to spanked a few times. What's with the super bossy girls on this show? Don't give away your Pokemon to someone for a dumb reason!
    Ash was certainly acting without thinking again. He thought that someone saying he's too scared, not good enough, etc. was enough to make him try to prove them wrong.
    He didn't really need to give in.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoUzumakikun View Post
    For people who don't know Katherine has been confirmed to be Kerry Williams making it her first role since the voice switch.
    Yeah, it's nice that Kerry's back.

I've only watched this in Japanese so far.

Gothita's Japanese voice is the veteran voice actress Rikako Aikawa. She hasn't voiced any characters since the Advanced Generation series.

What the heck did I just watch. *shits myself*

This episode was terrible. Why would Ash even accept the battle? Even if Katherine made fun of his badges, I would have just kicked her and walked away. Oh, and another Mandibuzz ends up getting destroyed. Wtf, Mandibuzz is supposed to be much stronger than the likes of Scraggy and Tepig. Gothita was annoying as hell, and didn't learn anything in the end. I didn't like Kathwhatever in the japanese episode, and I like her even less now. Why do people want her to become a recurring character? I never understood that. Garbodor's debut was horrible as well. I hope Gothita and Karburator are just COTD. I don't want to see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Why do people want her to become a recurring character? I never understood that.
    I suppose it's the fact that Katharine is taking the league on like Ash is.

And, frankly speaking, it's kind of likely that she will appear again down the road. If she doesn't, we'll find out she didn't make it this year.

This episode was great for the Pokemon, but Katherine and Gothita were annoying. Gothita controlling the trainer is something that's stupidly unspeakable. However, it was great to see the improved friendship between Scraggy and Axew. Seeing Snivy and Tepig get a win was nice, as well. I loved how Snivy was in this episode. It really proves that no one could question Snivy's maturity.

I suppose it's the fact that Katharine is taking the league on like Ash is.

And, frankly speaking, it's kind of likely that she will appear again down the road. If she doesn't, we'll find out she didn't make it this year.
    Anybody who's anybody carrying around badges and is going to compete in the league can't all be rivals to Ash. If so then be prepared for over 10 characters who we won't all see or get no development.

And another thing, this episode speaks of "spoiled" in the right manner. Ash should have denied her and moved on. Or battled her without the trade offer.

Ash simply felt pressured into fighting her, he didn't want to be redeemed as chickening out or being weak and couldn't refuse. He definetly had his heart intent on winning since he didn't wanna get rid of Scraggy, no way was he giving that one up.

Having you heart intent on winning doesn't mean you'll win, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Having you heart intent on winning doesn't mean you'll win, though.
    No it doesn't but im just throwing it in there, my point is he obviously didn't want to do it.

I get the Pokemon's wants for scraggy but the girl could have been more respectful of the fact that the Pokemon didn't belong to her and she should have went to go catch another one. But I guess that would be too simple in this show.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Quote Originally Posted by UnbelievableUrsula View Post
    I get the Pokemon's wants for scraggy but the girl could have been more respectful of the fact that the Pokemon didn't belong to her and she should have went to go catch another one. But I guess that would be too simple in this show.
    That was the whole point though, to show she couldn't control her 'DEMANDING GOTHITA'.

Quote Originally Posted by UnbelievableUrsula View Post
    That girl was ten times bigger than that little Smoochum reject. She seemed like there was something going up in that head of hers. But maybe a battle to get the little Pokemon's butt kicked would be a way to get her to stop. But I doubt if we see them both again, the Pokemon would still have that problem. If.

I enjoyed this episode overall. I wasn't very happy with Ash getting goaded into the battle, but he can be very impulsive at times, so I guess it isn't too out of character. Katherine was an interesting character, getting bossed around by her own Pokemon. Since the stakes were high, I thought the Tepig battle was pretty exciting. I was so happy when he won. The relationship between Scraggy and Axew was very cute, and Snivy looked proud to defend it. ^_^ And Cilan had one heck of an outfit in Axew's dream. Finally, it was nice to see Snivy put Gothita in her place: that made me smile too. Also, it was interesting little twist that the typical ending good-byes had to be rushed.

And I do think it would be interesting to see Katherine again. If she does return, I have the feeling the episode will center around her trying to develop some backbone around her Pokemon. Overall, great episode in my eyes.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Faker500 View Post
    That girl was ten times bigger than that little Smoochum reject. She seemed like there was something going up in that head of hers. But maybe a battle to get the little Pokemon's butt kicked would be a way to get her to stop. But I doubt if we see them both again, the Pokemon would still have that problem. If.
    lol Smoochum reject. Had me chuckle.
    Pokemon Black FC: 5458 0929 9006

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenPearl View Post
    And I do think it would be interesting to see Katherine again. If she does return, I have the feeling the episode will center around her trying to develop some backbone around her Pokemon. Overall, great episode in my eyes.
    Yeah I hope she would alteast be a league participant later on and maybe have a little fued battle over Scraggy/Scrafty.

My ideal battle ever!

Finally watched it.

I laughed at Gothita's stubborn, petulant ways, and also how oblivious Scraggy was. Poor Axew!!!

Edit: Rank up!!!
    {Insert signature here}

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast