Thread: Famitsu Cup Tournament

Default Famitsu Cup Tournament

As the website news says, a new Wi-Fi Tournament is going to run on December. 30.000 spaces, how many ones were last time?
    It will run from 7th to 23rd of the month, with days from 1st to 6th for entering the Tournament (as usual, via GBU). The cool thing is, this time ALL 646 Pokčmon will be allowed (except Legendaries, of course), and it will be played in Single Battles, which is awesome IMHO.

Post your own!

Back in the Serebii.net Forums!

Bump! 10ch

Back in the Serebii.net Forums!

I don't think very many serebiians are entering. It's only for Japan.

Though I would expect some universal tournament like this in the future, so I think I'd better prepare.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I don't think very many serebiians are entering. It's only for Japan.

Though I would expect some universal tournament like this in the future, so I think I'd better prepare.
    Yeaahh.. Serebii's got more of an American audience, which kind of hinders people from commenting on this thread. The Famitsu Cup's a really cool idea. Although the legendary thing is going to sting a little, it's still really cool that it's an option.

Problem is, it's currently only available to either Japanese residents or those with the Japanese games. The good new is that because they can slide this time, there's a huge chance this will cross over to the International games as well.

So in short, I guess we can expect a tournament much like this (hopefully with a name just as cool) in the future.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

yeah this would be a really good idea if they were to do a global one next time. and being able to chose every pokemon makes it a lot easier to make teams for it.

I'm going to hope this is "beta testing" for a future world-wide tournament, similar to the "Japan Cup is to Autumn Friendly" relationship.

I have claimed Giratina

singles
    ick

Singles are too easy...
    Scrafty = Sweep
    Pokémon Black: Hilbert FC: 3268 0753 9102
    Pokémon White: Hilda FC: 0132 9560 8948
    Pokémon Black 2: Nate FC: 2538 1436 2477
    Pokémon Soul Silver: Ethan FC: 0648 3244 9999

Pokemon X Friend Safari Fire: Growlithe, Fletchinder, Pyroar
    PM me for 3DS Friend Code

Quote Originally Posted by ShaoWeh View Post
    Singles are too easy...
    Scrafty = Sweep
    A good player can stop scrafty. My Gyarados could easily phaze it, for example. Saying that is similar to saying "Terrakion+Whimiscott = Sweep". Someone good at double battles should be able to stop that, so why wouldn't someone good at singles be able to stop a scrafty?

If you fight a good player, it can be even harder then doubles.

Also, you've got to remember you won't be the only one using Scrafty.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 16th November 2011 at 5:08 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by anayafel View Post
    only available to either Japanese residents
    Actually, you can participate no matter where in the world you are so long as you have a Japanese Game Cartridge and a Japanese Global Link account.

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

Well I'm looking forward to a Global Version of this, or at least a Global Tournament which I'll remember to enter. At least this shows they're doing more tounaments, so there'll probably be more we can all enter (hopefully with less ragequitters). How long was it between the Japan Cup and the Autumn Freindly? That might give us an idea of how long we have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ψosiden View Post
    Well I'm looking forward to a Global Version of this, or at least a Global Tournament which I'll remember to enter. At least this shows they're doing more tounaments, so there'll probably be more we can all enter (hopefully with less ragequitters). How long was it between the Japan Cup and the Autumn Freindly? That might give us an idea of how long we have to wait.
    Agreed. I think it's awesome that Pokemon Company International is doing this. I'm excited for the next one! Hopefully my team is bred and I've had some time to break into them before it happens (unlike during the Autumn Friendly).

There was a week or two interval before the Famitsu Cup was announced. I think we might get one or two in before the next Regionals Tournament in the Spring. At least, I hope so. (:

Quote Originally Posted by NACHOE! View Post
    Actually, you can participate no matter where in the world you are so long as you have a Japanese Game Cartridge and a Japanese Global Link account.
    That still only applies to a minority of people here.

It's stuff like this that are tempting me to get the Japanese version whenever the next game comes out....

I have claimed Giratina

Welcome back Drizzle + Swift Swim and Excadrill

It will be awesome to have it, but there will be a lot of players who will be spamming some strategy's that are banned in Competitive play (I'm referring to Smogon)

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

Anyone know when registration opens up?

Registration is open. I'm pretty sure I did it right.

Good luck everyone who participates.

I might participate in this. Just use Drizzle + Swift Swim lol.

Welcome back Drizzle + Swift Swim and Excadrill

It will be awesome to have it, but there will be a lot of players who will be spamming some strategy's that are banned in Competitive play
    I used Excadrill in 3 vs 3 and I can safely say that it sucks complete balls. Drizzle + SwSw less so, but it isn't such a big deal either. I'm honestly more worried about Miniblim + Scrafty, SubSD Garchomp and Guillotine Gliscor than any of the strategies/Pokemon you've mentioned.

Can't wait till the tourney (hopefully) arrives in US and Europe.

Gullotine gliscor? what are these kids, noobs?(oh wait, most of them are.............)
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Am I the only one playing?

I'm in. Registered my team purely to see how I'd fair against the Japanese. So far its played 7, won 3 lost 4.
    Not bad
    Lots of them spamming hail teams!!

I'm now at played 11, won 5 lost 6. Haven't had much luck being on at the same time as anyone!!! What time do the Japanese get online if I'm in UK? lol

I've had terrible luck. I keep getting tricked and o can't read Japanese so I don't know what items I'm being given. I always assume choice bit that hasn't been the case.