Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Direct Thread - Smash Wii U (10/23 @ 3 pm PST)

Default Nintendo Direct Thread - Smash Wii U (10/23 @ 3 pm PST)

I figured that these Nintendo Directs hold both home console and handhelds in their presentations, so just putting one video for each thread would seem weird.

So yeah, here, we talk about those monthly internet videos here.

Today's Direct shows more info about upcoming Wii U & 3DS games, along with the surprise release for a Virtual Console title today.

Spoiler:- That VC title being...:

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Way to actually announce Earthbound beforehand, Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Way to actually announce Earthbound beforehand, Nintendo.
    At least they didn't repeat the Atelier event in the PS Vita, which didn't even get an announcement that it was coming as nobody even knew it had a release date.

Europe has EarthBound at last ^_^ That trailer they put together for the rerelease was really nice. I remember fans speculating it was coming to Wii Virtual Console years ago... It's weird to see it finally rereleased. Way to go Nintendo!

Pangoro ~ Defender of the weak.

Awesome! Can't wait for it. The Nintendo Direct this year have all been really great, so I anticipate this one will be too. I hope we get news on when exactly the 3DS gets Miiverse & NNIDs. A few months ago, Nintendo said before the end of the year, so I'd like to know if they had to delay it slightly, like what happened with a Wii U system update. Hopefully that's not the case and I'd love if it were to come before Pokémon XY come out.

With all the great games coming out later this year, I hope we get release dates and some info on Wind Waker HD, A Link Between Worlds, Mario Party 3DS (and an official name, which I imagine would be Mario Party 3D), Wii Party U & Super Mario 3D World. Having some Pokémon XY news would be great, but since we have CoroCoro, I wont be disappointed with no XY news in this ND.

I imagine The Wonderful 101 will get a decent amount of spotlight because it launches soon. Also, last week Kamiya said there'd be a ND focused on The Wonderful 101 the following week (as in this week).

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Maybe we'll see a new smash bros character, trailer and all.

I can dream can I?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I'd say the Japanese Pokémon X & Y Trailer featuring Ooroto and Glow Punch will be part of this Nintendo Direct, I'd like to find out if Glow Punch is indeed a Special Fighting/Psychic type move and put an end to the debate on the move's typing. It could be a Fairy move but I'm leaning towards Psychic where a punch is made from energy and is thrown at the opposing Pokémon.

I'm glad we will (hopefully) see more of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD! We should though, as this direct is showing a lot of the games coming out later this year.

I am going to be optimistic and hope to see a new Zelda for Wii U, as it was nearly shown at E3, and that was 2 months ago now!

EDIT: I also hope that we finally see the Dragon Quest VII Remake for 3DS, I am really hyped for it!
    Last edited by tomatohater; 7th August 2013 at 2:02 PM. Reason: Dragon Quest VII FTW!
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

Layton X Phoenix Wright localization confirmed for next year. YESSSSSSSSS!

Luigi confirmed for Smash too
    Last edited by Recon; 7th August 2013 at 3:23 PM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Layton X Phoenix Wright localization confirmed for next year.
    I'm glad we finally have confirmation of a release. Azran Legacies isn't too far off, either.

Why did I have to stumble across that spoiler? ;_;

So, yes, there's going to be a special Nintendo Direct of the Wonderful 101 this next Friday.

PROFESSOR LAYTON X ACE ATTORNEY. YES.

For God's sake Nintendo, fix your livestream. I couldn't go 5 seconds without it buffering.

Anyway, there wasn't really anything interesting in this livestream, and I was expecting them to reveal that "scoop of the century" for XY. Seriously Nintendo, how is that not Nintendo Direct worthy?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    For God's sake Nintendo, fix your livestream. I couldn't go 5 seconds without it buffering.

Anyway, there wasn't really anything interesting in this livestream, and I was expecting them to reveal that "scoop of the century" for XY. Seriously Nintendo, how is that not Nintendo Direct worthy?
    We're five days away from the CoroCoro release, having news related to the "big scoop" would be unnecessary. We'll live without news for a few days.

And yiss to Layton x Ace Attorney!

I am looking forward to Super Mario Bros 3 and i can wait a few more days for X/Y News..
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

Bar Layton X Ace Attorney, I thought that Nintendo Direct was rubbish, Luigi was inevitable as well. A waste of time IMHO.
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    We're five days away from the CoroCoro release, having news related to the "big scoop" would be unnecessary. We'll live without news for a few days.

And yiss to Layton x Ace Attorney!
    **** CoroCoro, international audiences don't care about some Japanese magazine that they can't buy. If this news is as big as they're hyping it up to be, it's important enough to be in a Nintendo Direct where worldwide audiences are actually paying attention. They revealed Fairy type through Nintendo Direct, and that was pretty big news, if the "scoop of the century" is remotely as significant then there's no reason to save it for CoroCoro.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

**** CoroCoro, international audiences don't care about some Japanese magazine that they can't buy. If this news is as big as they're hyping it up to be, it's important enough to be in a Nintendo Direct where worldwide audiences are actually paying attention. They revealed Fairy type through Nintendo Direct, and that was pretty big news, if the "scoop of the century" is remotely as significant then there's no reason to save it for CoroCoro.
    Except for the fact that the international markets have gotten much the same information as CoroCoro within a day or two of that magazine's official release, and giving the information its own platform on the franchise's English website ensures it doesn't get obscured by other games.

Perhaps you can save your usual indignant rage for something more worthy of your time and effort?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Except for the fact that the international markets have gotten much the same information as CoroCoro within a day or two of that magazine's official release, and giving the information its own platform on the franchise's English website ensures it doesn't get obscured by other games.

Perhaps you can save your usual indignant rage for something more worthy of your time and effort?
    That's not what the problem is. Of course we're going to get the information one way or the other, but news being labeled "scoop of the century" deserves to be showcased through a medium that Nintendo fans worldwide will be paying attention to. The fact that Nintendo doesn't consider it to be newsworthy for international audiences is troubling (probably meaning that it's being overhyped, but it's still kind of insulting).

That's not what the problem is. Of course we're going to get the information one way or the other, but news being labeled "scoop of the century" deserves to be showcased through a medium that Nintendo fans worldwide will be paying attention to. The fact that Nintendo doesn't consider it to be newsworthy for international audiences is troubling (probably meaning that it's being overhyped, but it's still kind of insulting).
    Pokémon Smash likes to exaggerate a looooooooot of Pokémon-related stuff around this time of the year.

Just look at all those crazy cosplayers they have for show segments.

Of course we're going to get the information one way or the other, but news being labeled "scoop of the century" deserves to be showcased through a medium that Nintendo fans worldwide will be paying attention to. The fact that Nintendo doesn't consider it to be newsworthy for international audiences is troubling (probably meaning that it's being overhyped, but it's still kind of insulting).
    Oh okay. I would hate for us to get this "scoop of the century" later this week and you'd be unable to opine on it because you used up all your indignant rage on disagreeing with Nintendo on what's newsworthy and what isn't and how they should and shouldn't showcase their own material.

I'm just looking out for you, you know.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 30th September 2013 at 5:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Neat. I'm hoping for more info on games like 3D World and DKC:TF, if there's some neat new feature they've been hiding that could make the game feel different, I'd like to see it. What we've seen of the games so far isn't very exciting or innovative. Also, I'd like to see better use of TF's 2.5D than "OMG 3D BARREL CANNONS", it doesn't really add anything to the gameplay, it just makes them look flashier.

So information on games launching this year. In addition to that, hopefully details on the long awaited "Summer Wii U Update" that was overdue. And 3DS updates, but I believe that's later, in late October or sometime in November.

Would love more info on 3D World, DKC, Wii Party U, A Link Between Worlds & Island Tour. I'd like to know if the rumor about DKC getting delayed until early next year ends up being true or not. Wasn't planning on getting it until later next year, but I'd still like to know.

Hopefully we'll get news on the Wii U update, which seems likely. And Miiverse/NNIDs on the 3DS!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast