Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: The Golden Sun Thread!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delfino Plaza.
    Posts
    74

    Default The Golden Sun Thread!

    Wow. No one has made one of these yet? Anyways, welcome to the Golden Sun thread, where discussions about anything in Golden Sun games are welcome. (but you knew that already.)


    ALL SPPF RULES APPLY.

    Just to get things started..

    Anyone have any tips for fighting Briggs?
    SLOWPOKE REGGAE <----- click it.


    "hmm, yes. Thick Book. Funny."
    -Isaac.

        Spoiler:- Live and Learn, my friends.:


    I have claimed Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles, Bayleef, and Kingdom Hearts-Chain of Memories for the GBA.

  2. #2

    Default

    ........You're having trouble with Briggs? That guy is easy as- ah, nevermind. Well, I'd reccomend making effective use of your Djinn and Summons, as well as having your physical attackers use their basic attacks, and your magic attackers use their better Psynergy. When he summons the two Sea Fighters, just blanket him.
    Y FC: 2208-5773-1491
    Safari: Flying with Woobat, Farfetch'd and Hawlucha

    I now have the Friend Safaris I've been looking for, so PM me if you want me to add you. If your Safari peaks my interest, I'll add you.

    Current Y Shinies: Skrelp, Cacturne, Teddiursa, Avalugg, Blastoise, Mienfoo, Grumpig, Fraxure (x2) , Minccino, Greninja, Lucario, Fletchinder, Vaporeon, Delphox, Dragonair, Dedenne, Luxio

    Shinies transferred from Black 2: Entei, Milotic, Dialga, Raikou, Pichu, Seaking, Typhlosion (French), Magmortar, Espeon, Haxorus, Gible, Salamence, Giratina

    Shinies from trades: Ninetails (Nicknamed Lady), Eevee (now a Leafeon), Eevee (from Unova, Lv. 15, caught in Masterball, not sure if hacked or not)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    574

    Default

    I didn't worry about the sea fighters at first, I had someone healing while I used Echo and Fume Psynergy and Cannon and stuff. When I was done, the fighters were easy as pie.

    Now, Dullahan... That's hard. I had to level all eight to Level 50 to win.

    I sadly haven't played GSDD yet.

    How about I ask a question:

    What is your favorite song or theme from the series?

    Jenna Battle for me.

    Machamp-X -Trainer Level 3

    Machamp, you are now mine!

    I have claimed Karst from Golden Sun: The Lost Age and also, the Lost Age itself.

    Credits to Extroph for banner.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Place With Many Tourists
    Posts
    477

    Default

    I finished Golden Sun Dark Dawn recently and I loved it to bits. My only qualm with it is that we don't get to explore the world that isn't covered in darkness. It would have made for a better post-game (imo), as the enemies would have changed; I suppose, though that it's good that it's setting the series up for a sequel.

    Somehow, I got through the entire game without once using the Djinns for attacking or healing or anything, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

    It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Aboard the Hype Train! *toot*
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Haha I made this thread a while back but it eventually died, so I hope this one fares better!

    This is easily in my top 3 games series of all time (Zelda, Golden Sun, Pokemon in no order if you are wondering), as they are like my perfect style. I love the music, it is absolutely superb, and the graphics, for their time, were ground-breaking for portable consoles! The stroy has little twists and turns. They are pretty difficult at some points. Oh, and the puzzles are great (apart from Dark Dawn xP). Oh, and finally, the characters are memorable and likeable too! Not much to dislike in my opinion!

    I am pretty surprised Psynergy hasn't posted on here, as he is Golden Sun mad xD

    Thanks to epicjirachifan from The Comet Graphics for the Fire Emblem Banner!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phsy-Spark View Post
    Anyone have any tips for fighting Briggs?
    Oh yes.

    How about you avoid sequence-breaking into his fight and instead go around the rest of the continent to do what you're really meant to do first?

    Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    574

    Default

    I battled Briggs before Air's Rock and Garoh, he was still sorta easy.

    Machamp-X -Trainer Level 3

    Machamp, you are now mine!

    I have claimed Karst from Golden Sun: The Lost Age and also, the Lost Age itself.

    Credits to Extroph for banner.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delfino Plaza.
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Oh yes.

    How about you avoid sequence-breaking into his fight and instead go around the rest of the continent to do what you're really meant to do first?
    He is required at the stage I'm at. In order to get Peirs, you need to beat him, and in turn you get a boat.
    SLOWPOKE REGGAE <----- click it.


    "hmm, yes. Thick Book. Funny."
    -Isaac.

        Spoiler:- Live and Learn, my friends.:


    I have claimed Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles, Bayleef, and Kingdom Hearts-Chain of Memories for the GBA.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Isle Delfino
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machamp-X View Post
    What is your favorite song or theme from the series?
    Saturos Battle.I haven't played that far into Golden Sun,but I have fought him.

    Plus,does anyone else know the trick for renaming Issac's party?If you don't it's easy!Press select three times before you hit "END" after entering Issac's name.You can then name his party!It works with the Lost Age,too.
    Claimer of Inigo, dancing swordsman.
    Claimer of Electabuzz, electric storm.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phsy-Spark View Post
    He is required at the stage I'm at. In order to get Peirs, you need to beat him, and in turn you get a boat.
    No, you don't understand. I'm assuming that you headed directly to him instead of going to Air Rock first as you're supposed to. A LOT of people ended up fighting him first as a result, which made them think the game was really hard.

    Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delfino Plaza.
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    No, you don't understand. I'm assuming that you headed directly to him instead of going to Air Rock first as you're supposed to. A LOT of people ended up fighting him first as a result, which made them think the game was really hard.
    Going to Air Rock first is actually optional.
    SLOWPOKE REGGAE <----- click it.


    "hmm, yes. Thick Book. Funny."
    -Isaac.

        Spoiler:- Live and Learn, my friends.:


    I have claimed Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles, Bayleef, and Kingdom Hearts-Chain of Memories for the GBA.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phsy-Spark View Post
    Going to Air Rock first is actually optional.
    Ha ha, no. Since Biggs is way too hard if you skip Air Rock, Air Rock is needed to be visited. Sheba needs the Reveal Psynergy so that you can advance the plot.

    Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Just like the whole Saturos/Tret Tree stuff, in which Saturos is really hard if you don't fight Tret first.

    Also did any of you know you could go to Crossbone Isle as early as the Karagol Sea?

    Machamp-X -Trainer Level 3

    Machamp, you are now mine!

    I have claimed Karst from Golden Sun: The Lost Age and also, the Lost Age itself.

    Credits to Extroph for banner.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Eterna City
    Posts
    108

    Default

    The Golden Sun series is my favourite Nintendo series that does not get as much love as the "big three" (Mario, Pokemon and Zelda), favourite battle themes would be Saturos' boss battle theme and the final boss theme for The Lost Age, honourable mentions go to Isaac's and Jenna's battle themes.

    As for fighting Briggs, I agree he is tough if you face as soon as you can as I lost a few times when I did that during my first play through of the game, but on subsequent play throughs, I chose to clear Airs Rock first and found him to be more manageable due to my party's higher stats and having access to stronger weapons and armour.
    Last edited by Tsukuyomi56; 28th August 2014 at 11:22 PM.

    Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion and Karis from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,921

    Default

    Yeah, threads for the series have been made multiple times in the past, they just tend to die out due to lack of activity. There's also the fact that the series is in an indefinite hiatus at the moment, so there tends to be less to discuss.

    As for Briggs, he's definitely an awkward fight. He's beatable if you fight him as soon as you reach him, but it's a lot more difficult since the game's expectation is that you've visited Air's Rock already, therefore being at a higher level as a result. Otherwise it's a much more reasonable fight, like most other fights in the game.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT



  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
    I finished Golden Sun Dark Dawn recently and I loved it to bits. My only qualm with it is that we don't get to explore the world that isn't covered in darkness. It would have made for a better post-game (imo), as the enemies would have changed; I suppose, though that it's good that it's setting the series up for a sequel.

    Somehow, I got through the entire game without once using the Djinns for attacking or healing or anything, really.

    Really the only complaints I have about Dark Dawn are
    1. The    Spoiler:- hide:

    And
    2. We STILL haven't been blesses with a boss fight against a certain blue-haired futhermucker.
    Y FC: 2208-5773-1491
    Safari: Flying with Woobat, Farfetch'd and Hawlucha

    I now have the Friend Safaris I've been looking for, so PM me if you want me to add you. If your Safari peaks my interest, I'll add you.

    Current Y Shinies: Skrelp, Cacturne, Teddiursa, Avalugg, Blastoise, Mienfoo, Grumpig, Fraxure (x2) , Minccino, Greninja, Lucario, Fletchinder, Vaporeon, Delphox, Dragonair, Dedenne, Luxio

    Shinies transferred from Black 2: Entei, Milotic, Dialga, Raikou, Pichu, Seaking, Typhlosion (French), Magmortar, Espeon, Haxorus, Gible, Salamence, Giratina

    Shinies from trades: Ninetails (Nicknamed Lady), Eevee (now a Leafeon), Eevee (from Unova, Lv. 15, caught in Masterball, not sure if hacked or not)

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Place With Many Tourists
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    Really the only complaints I have about Dark Dawn are
    1. The    Spoiler:- hide:

    And
    2. We STILL haven't been blesses with a boss fight against a certain blue-haired futhermucker.
    1.     Spoiler:- oops I forgot:


    2. ...I promise you that ___'ll be the final boss battle of the next game. Just you wait and see. Or ___ joins the party.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

    It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delfino Plaza.
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
    1.     Spoiler:- oops I forgot:


    2. ...I promise you that ___'ll be the final boss battle of the next game. Just you wait and see. Or ___ joins the party.
    Yeah. He was going to join the party in LA, but was cut. Well, replaced by Piers. But cut

    Thanks for the tips. I decided to go to Air Rock. The reason I didn't want to is because I already made it across Yampi Desert and I didn't want to go through it for the billionth time. (I also have very bad geographical sense in those games, unlike in life.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 29th August 2014 at 9:22 PM.
    SLOWPOKE REGGAE <----- click it.


    "hmm, yes. Thick Book. Funny."
    -Isaac.

        Spoiler:- Live and Learn, my friends.:


    I have claimed Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles, Bayleef, and Kingdom Hearts-Chain of Memories for the GBA.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Eterna City
    Posts
    108

    Default

    I was unware that Crossbone Isle in the first Golden Sun could be accessed as early as the Karagol Sea, the online guides I read at the time suggested that the pink tornado in the Suhalla Desert was the only way to access it.

    An interesting thing to note is that the first two games are avaliable on the Wii U Virtual Console, altough Golden Sun: The Lost Age is only avaliable on Japan's Wii U Virtual Console for the time been. How they handle the data transfer feature needed to obtain all 72 Djinn is a bit of a mystery however, aside from the obivious use of the password system.

    Also have you used RNG abuse to obtain rare items in the first two games?
    Last edited by Tsukuyomi56; 30th August 2014 at 2:08 PM.

    Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion and Karis from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi56 View Post
    I was unware that Crossbone Isle in the first Golden Sun could be accessed as early as the Karagol Sea, the online guides I read at the time suggested that the pink tornado in the Suhalla Desert was the only way to access it.

    An interesting thing to note is that the first two games are avaliable on the Wii U Virtual Console, altough Golden Sun: The Lost Age is only avaliable on Japan's Wii U Virtual Console for the time been. How they handle the data transfer feature needed to obtain all 72 Djinn is a bit of a mystery however, aside from the obivious use of the password system.

    Also have you used RNG abuse to obtain rare items in the first two games?
    As a matter of fact, yes. I've used the RNG-abuse trick to obtain those rare weapon drops from certain monsters. (i.e. Tisiphone Edge from a Cruel Dragon)
    Y FC: 2208-5773-1491
    Safari: Flying with Woobat, Farfetch'd and Hawlucha

    I now have the Friend Safaris I've been looking for, so PM me if you want me to add you. If your Safari peaks my interest, I'll add you.

    Current Y Shinies: Skrelp, Cacturne, Teddiursa, Avalugg, Blastoise, Mienfoo, Grumpig, Fraxure (x2) , Minccino, Greninja, Lucario, Fletchinder, Vaporeon, Delphox, Dragonair, Dedenne, Luxio

    Shinies transferred from Black 2: Entei, Milotic, Dialga, Raikou, Pichu, Seaking, Typhlosion (French), Magmortar, Espeon, Haxorus, Gible, Salamence, Giratina

    Shinies from trades: Ninetails (Nicknamed Lady), Eevee (now a Leafeon), Eevee (from Unova, Lv. 15, caught in Masterball, not sure if hacked or not)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •