Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: The Club Nintendo thread!

Dammit. Looks like I'll have to save up to buy a copy from eBay then.
    It angers me that we can't get the SMG2 soundtrack but the SMG soundtrack still seems to be in abundance in the European Stars Catalogue.

You could always just download it. No real point in wasting money on a soundtrack of all things.

Yes, I could download it but I'd much rather invest in having the actual physical copy instead of a heartless, probably illegal internet download.
    And in my opinion, soundtracks are worth spending good money on. I understand that not everyone who plays video games listens to or appreciates the music but please don't tell me that I'm "wasting money" on them, least of all a superb orchestrated soundtrack like the Super Mario Galaxy ones which contain some of the best pieces of music ever produced by any games company.

I'd understand if you were buying it from Nintendo directly, but buying something "for the sake of having it" is pointless when the original creator sees no profit from it.

You're supporting scalpers, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I understand that not everyone who plays video games listens to or appreciates the music but please don't tell me that I'm "wasting money" on them, least of all a superb orchestrated soundtrack like the Super Mario Galaxy ones which contain some of the best pieces of music ever produced by any games company.
    Nintendo isn't that into releasing soundtracks:

"Nintendo, first and foremost, is a games company. They are not a record company so anything to do with music and especially selling music is something that they are hesitant in wanting to do."

Sucks, I know. It would be a dream to see soundtracks on Club Nintendo someday.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Hmm, they may not seek to gain profits through the medium of music but that isn't stopping them doing something similar to the 25th Anniversary CD that was included with copies with Skyward Sword, or the promotion for the Ocarina of Time 3D Soundtrack when you registered the game with Club Nintendo.
    But even if the're not willing to do that I'd like some of the soundtracks released to be other than just Japan-only ones at least...

My Leaf Cup trophy finally arrived today. It's not immaculate, but I'm pleased with it. I would like a complete collection, but, aside from not having enough points for another one, I'll be saving my points in case the gold Nunchuck makes an appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    My Leaf Cup trophy finally arrived today. It's not immaculate, but I'm pleased with it. I would like a complete collection, but, aside from not having enough points for another one, I'll be saving my points in case the gold Nunchuck makes an appearance.
    Oh, I just ordered one myself, I never really bothered with points so I put all my backlogged games on and I thought I might just splurge on that, seeing as it looked cool.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

Well I finally decided to sign up for this. I dug up all my old ds game boxes and I'm already up to 510 coins! Tomorrow I'll register all of my Wii games and become a platinum member.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

You might want to hold off on that. You'll have Platinum on the post play surveys alone, save the Wii games for next year unless you need the coins for a reward.

Argh, why don't we have this awesome stuff in Sweden >

These reward items will really be worth something later on

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You might want to hold off on that. You'll have Platinum on the post play surveys alone, save the Wii games for next year unless you need the coins for a reward.
    Oh I didn't know they had those. Thanks for the tip!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang97 View Post
    Argh, why don't we have this awesome stuff in Sweden >

These reward items will really be worth something later on
    Sweden's club nintendo can't be as bad as Australia's. Our club nintendo is horrible.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

It appears that the Golden Wii Wheel is still available on the EU Club Nintendo, despite not being listed in the Stars Catalogue. I don't know whether I should hold out for the golden Nunchuk, in case it makes an appearance, or go for this.

e: How do I get games to appear in the Stars Bonus section?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    It appears that the Golden Wii Wheel is still available on the EU Club Nintendo, despite not being listed in the Stars Catalogue. I don't know whether I should hold out for the golden Nunchuk, in case it makes an appearance, or go for this.

e: How do I get games to appear in the Stars Bonus section?
    There aren't any games there because there aren't any releases from Nintendo coming in the next few weeks or so. You just have to wait until a new game is about to be released and when they start to put out adverts and the hype surrounding it increases, which is generally about a couple of weeks before the release. I personally don't bother though, because it's only 50 stars and judging by the appalling prices of our tat, it'll hardly make a difference to anyone's balance. (Unless you want to buy a cheap wallpaper that ends up looking absolutely terrible on your desktop anyway -_-)

Also with your Wii wheel/Nunchuck dilemma, I'd hold out for the Nunchuck. I think the Wii wheel might have a little bit more market value than the Nunchuck (as far as I know it's only on the EU Club Nintendo - might be wrong about this though) but it's a fairly useless add-on which looks a little tacky next to the golden Wii remote and Nunchuck anyway. I don't know about you but it gets in the way a lot when I play Mario Kart Wii with it.
    Last edited by Poetry; 2nd September 2012 at 8:47 AM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Super Smash Bros. is available from Club Nintendo! I'm definitely going to grab that, though when that Golden Numchuk comes out again I'm going to be kicking myself...
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Classic Smash Bros? Oh yeah. I'm getting it.

Aaaagh

There was a Kirby 20th anniversary medal up for 600 coins and it already ran through the stock of 1000.
    Something tells me this isn't going back up on the shop like the nunchuck : (

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Aaaagh

There was a Kirby 20th anniversary medal up for 600 coins and it already ran through the stock of 1000.
    Something tells me this isn't going back up on the shop like the nunchuck : (
    I actually tried to grab that earlier today, so I redeemed my other games that I've been saving for such an occasion, got to 610 coins, and even though it looked like it was still available, it wasn't.

Now just watch when December rolls around, a bunch of them "mysteriously" shows up on eBay for fifty bucks...

Ugh. I miss all of the good prizes, I learned about the Kirby medal at the last minute. People are definitely going to make a small profit of these medals.
    Nintendo Gamer since 1999.

Small is an understatement, considering it's free and even a penny is more than 100% profit.

So apparently if you buy the Special Edition of 20th Anniversary Kirby game and enter the pin on Club Nintendo and answer a survey, you have a chance of winning a Kirby card set, which look like poker chips with Kirby characters on them, kinda interesting, but unless it's guaranteed if I buy the game, I'll pass.
    Last edited by Recon; 17th September 2012 at 3:22 PM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    So apparently if you buy the Special Edition of 20th Anniversary Kirby game and enter the pin on Club Nintendo and answer a survey, you have a chance of winning a Kirby card set, which look like poker chips with Kirby characters on them, kinda interesting, but unless it's guaranteed if I buy the game, I'll pass.
    Cool! That game is in the mail right now, so I'll try my luck with it when it comes. Even though there's probably a 1/8000 chance of me actually getting it. I feel like they may be Club Nintendo rewards in the late future.

It doesn't matter either way though, since I've got those Platinum Status cards in the upcoming months.

The games are terrible again.

So apparently if you get a Digital version of one of the 3DS titles that's coming out in the next few months, you'll get Donkey Kong Original Edition for free.

Damn you, Club Nintendo, tempting me with 30 year old games I'll never play!

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast