Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abnormally (Advanceshipping)

I LOVE THIS. That wonderful moment between Ash and May made me smile. I'm so happy to see the old May come back again. Well just a little but still, that moment made me smile.

Wow. Woooooow. Suddenly, I feel like making a blend of the theme from Captain America, Hymn to Red October, Battle of the Heroes, and Across the Stars all rolled into one and listening as I reread what is done so far. Reading this at the same time as The Aura is With Me really does it. If the fanfic is made right, then I'm saying "Me gusta" for reasons other than the meme. It's powerful, dark, and absolutely brilliant. Ironically the same traits the name Sithcario implies. I'm glad not all of it is out though, because I don't think I could stop reading. Just keep it coming, 'cause I absolutely hate cliffhangers. Sorry if it feels there is no point of structure in this post. :P (I need to get in practice.) Anyway, I can see why you won the Shipping Oscars fo best Advanceshipping fanfic. It would make a brilliant movie if it were almost identical to the story... *(Calls Nintendo, Cartoon Network, Paul Ter Voorde, and Epic and Guitar)* LOL! It would most likely be PG-13 anyway. Well, keep on writing, keep on posting, and keep on 'shipping.
    One World,
    One Eternity,
    One Force,
    Fear My Power

Red face Checking in and not giving up!

Okay so....

SUPER SORRY FOR BEING A LOUSY UPDATER

I've been going through a lot of stress because of school and home that I haven't really been working on this fic. Don't worry I'm not giving up on it it's just taking me a while to update the chapter~ I want to thank you to those who are still waiting and I promise once I finish up this chapter I can update frequently like I used to....

So lets review for now!

PokéMaster2694

This is a really good story I've loved every chapter of it by end did you mean chapter or whole story? Just wondering because if its just the chapter i cant waiit to see what else you could do with it
    Thank you so much! Yes that was just the end of the chapter and will be updating much more! i have no idea how many chapters this fic will be so bare with me!

midnightjewelz

I LOVE THIS. That wonderful moment between Ash and May made me smile. I'm so happy to see the old May come back again. Well just a little but still, that moment made me smile.
    Hello my lovely Midnight!

I'm really happy that you enjoyed that little advanceshipping scene. I seriously love their chemistry and how they are always looking after each other regardless of the situation they both are in. Ughgh I love them so much. Thanks for Reviewing! You always make me smile when you do~

Sithcario

Wow. Woooooow. Suddenly, I feel like making a blend of the theme from Captain America, Hymn to Red October, Battle of the Heroes, and Across the Stars all rolled into one and listening as I reread what is done so far. Reading this at the same time as The Aura is With Me really does it. If the fanfic is made right, then I'm saying "Me gusta" for reasons other than the meme. It's powerful, dark, and absolutely brilliant. Ironically the same traits the name Sithcario implies. I'm glad not all of it is out though, because I don't think I could stop reading. Just keep it coming, 'cause I absolutely hate cliffhangers. Sorry if it feels there is no point of structure in this post. :P (I need to get in practice.) Anyway, I can see why you won the Shipping Oscars fo best Advanceshipping fanfic. It would make a brilliant movie if it were almost identical to the story... *(Calls Nintendo, Cartoon Network, Paul Ter Voorde, and Epic and Guitar)* LOL! It would most likely be PG-13 anyway. Well, keep on writing, keep on posting, and keep on 'shipping.
    Omfg I love you okay?

before I say anything else let me tell you how I felt when I saw your review...

A week ago I was really thinking ( and I am an idiot for even thinking it ) of just ending this fic. I felt like I was boring a lot of people and letting a lot of readers down because of my lousy updating and my lack of motivation to continue writing for Abnormally. I happened to just come back onto this site to see who has updated on thier fics and then I saw mine was recently up. This surprised me and I opened up the reviews and read what you put.

I was so happy and nearly on the verge of tears. Someone has read my story! They were enjoying it! Just everything you've said reminded me of what my true reason was to making this fic. To entertain my reviewers on my spin of the series and the characters. Gosh you have no idea how much your review meant to me and I suddenly woke up and started writing again. So thank you very much...you and the other reviewers really motivate me to write more and more, and I thank you all so much.

But yes I hate cliffhangers too so I will reward you all soon with the next chapter hopefully soon!

Thank you all and I'm sorry for the long long wait!

Just take your time. Things happen. Anyway don't rush yourself and update when you can. I'll be here waiting for the next update. I might have to read the last chapter over again just to remember where things last left off.

Well, I guess it's safe to say that this is pretty much dead. It's a shame too, seeing as this was easily one of the best fics I've read. A powerful tale indeed. I really hope *something* happens in order for this fic to continue...

Red face Updated Chapter: Abnormally Chapter 7: Process

Before I get to finally updating this chapter, I want to go out and say I deeply apologize for the year long wait. I have gone back and read your reviews, have been completely surprised that this fic had won not one, but TWO awards, and was deeply moved by the amount of support of this piece of writing. I don't think I would be here typing this if it weren't for you lovely readers. So thank you so much for your support and I am, again sorry for not updating this.

This chapter is not particularity long as the previous chapter, but the next will be. Thank you again for your wait, and enjoy.

Also as of now, this fic is rated M for future occurrences.

Chapter 7

P r o c e s s

May 22th: 4:45 AM [Johto region- Greenfield (2556 days until retribution)

Flecks of sunlight illuminated inside the hood-less car as Aaron sat anxiously inside. Inmates remained to themselves, their knees bouncing and bumping into the other as their eyes fixated on their cuffs. Aaron's hazel eyes lifted up hopelessly at the somber scene. They all looked so miserable. So lost.

Men young and old with the same expressions, same demeanor. Bodies slouched, heads down, mouths shut. Aaron's eyes trailed down the rows until his sight met with a guard's. Clenching his jaw he reluctantly bowed his head. The truck shook again as they roughly drove over another pot hole, knocking Aaron back against his seat.

He hated them.

Everyday was a battle for sanity, a gasping breath to hold onto that line that kept him above the high waters of giving up. It had been seven, tiring years of enduring and of lying to make himself believe that there was hope in getting out of his situation. The lies never seemed to give him hope these days. Just looking at his cellmates only proved that his will to escape, his hope to meet his wife again, was improbable.

Aaron took a deep breath, the scent of something sweet infiltrating his nose. It was intoxicating and familiar. Sniffing the air Aaron's eyes peered out a hole in the truck's cape. What he saw was a stretch of green grass covered in bright colorful flowers. There were large oak trees that bordered the land, large ancient bodies shivering in the winter wind and giving the forest shade. Mass mountains poked over the treetops, brilliantly white in contrast with the azure sky. Aaron couldn't look away.

The scenery was almost fake, straight out of a movie set or painting. There was a beautiful world out there kept away from him by a thick wall of concrete. It was unfair. To not see the trees or the mountains—hell there was a rare chance he even saw the sky. Slowly peering away from the hole Aaron landed an irritated glare at the guard watching him.

Dressed in a black bulletproof vest and helmet, the guard snorted at him, “Who’re you looking at, freak?” Aaron remained silent. The man smirked, breaking contact for a moment to look at the other puzzled inmates.

“You know I'd watch where you are throwing those glares of yours boy” With a jump of his brow he smiled at Aaron, “Might tick somebody off”

Aaron exhaled slowly.

“I've heard a lot about you.” The guard leaned forward with an amused expression. “You're the talk of the workplace, one hell of a celebrity. People think you're some kind of walking Grace.”

“That's great in all but I don't really care.”

The man made a face, “Ooh, you're a real cold fella, aren't you?”

Aaron shrugged his shoulders. “What can I say? I can only deal with a small amount of idiots in one sitting. Sorry pal.”

“And a smart-*** too.”

The guard yanked Aaron by the collar of his jumpsuit, digging his icy blue glare into his. “You listen to me, freak. Don't start getting cocky around me, because I'm the last person you want to piss off. You may have everyone else shaking in their boots but you're nothing but a roach under the toe of my boot.”

Aaron was taken aback, “What?”

“Now why don't you sit back like a good dog, keep your nose down, and your comments to yourself. Before I slam a car door in your face!” He waited for the fear to rush in Aaron's eyes, a beg to be let go, but in return he got a surprising low rumble of laughter.

“What's so damn funny? Do you want to be thrown out of the car!”

“Sounds tempting.” Aaron gave him a sadistic smile, “So your men. They’re afraid of me? Me who is in shackles and locked up in a cemented cell 24/7?” The guard flinched and broke eye contact. Looking him up and down, Aaron found himself intrigued.

Shoving Aaron back to his seat, the guard snapped another insult before walking to the end of the truck to lash his anger on the other men. Something sparked in Aaron that had his lips curving, and electricity stirring inside him.

They were terrified. It was a surprise no less but knowing he could somehow use that fear to his advantage gave him a flicker of hope. He had a chance. He actually had a chance to escape.

The truck rumbled to a jerking stop causing a few gasps and curses. Aaron wiggled around as the guards demanded them on their feet and began shoving them out of the truck. Shuffling behind a large man with a shaved head, Aaron absently followed the line, peering over the man's shoulders to see where he was. Looking up his eyes connected with high concrete walls, 20 to 40 heads bobbing as they all headed for it.

He eyed it alarmingly. Was this another facility? Was this perhaps one of those lavatories people have been whispering out?

A scream shot out from the side line, jostling Aaron, and the line slowed down to watch the commotion.

“PLEASE, PLEASE!”

A dirty, mangy man scrambled on the ground, kicking and screaming at the guards trying to sedate him.
    His wide brown eyes reached for help desperately, “You can't put me in there! I'll die! I don't want to die! I will do anything! Just please! Please no, no, NO!”

Before another word could break the silence, a guard lashed a baton across the hysterical man's face, spewing spit and blood, knocking him out cold.

Aaron swallowed stale saliva.

After the violent miss-hap, the line was moving again, and the closer he was to the entrance, he suddenly recognized where he was. A lot of people who he had lived with for the past 5 years had talked about these lavatories. They focused more on the science of the operation rather than the training like the other facility was built for. This was where people who have passed the first tests of the ACH serum go.

Aaron's body grew timid as the large doors creaked closed behind him, the towering walls facing his back and the eerie white buildings staring back at him.

Rumors about this place were bad. Inmates said they conducted Experiments that knocked people out for weeks. That some men lost limbs and unlucky subjects died from the mysterious shots. He did not want to be here.

The crackled noise from a loud speaker ahead claimed the attention of the crowd of murmuring people and sending them into silence. Aaron balled his fists, eyes fluttering around to find the source of the speaker. A cough came from ahead and Aaron excused himself past the large man in front of him to see Daniel, gold eyes wide and smiling out to the crowd.

“Good Morning everyone! I hope the travel up here wasn't too troublesome on most of you, and if so we do apologize.”

Daniel beamed and leaned over the wooden post where he stood, “As many of you are wondering, all 208 of you have been hand selected to join us at the main center to help dedicate to our wonderful cause! You are all strong, motivated, and are just the right kind of people we need here in Sector 1!”

The entire atmosphere grew tense. This was the begging of it all. The epicenter of all the madness.

“As you may have noticed this is a nicer facility compared to where you all have been staying previously. We tend to keep your stay as comfortable as possible and clean as possible so please clean after yourself.”

Daniel scoffed and arched a brow, “After all, you all deserve a little pampering for the things you've gone through. Again, I do apologizes for that.”

Something in Aaron's being fluttered and it wasn't butterflies.

“Welcome to Sector 1! I hope you will enjoy your stay and fight on to help create a better race for humanity!”

At the end of his speech everyone clapped except for the fear stricken crowd, the wash of approval from the workers and guards a reminder to everyone that there was no way out.

The line began to move again and Aaron swallowed his nerves. He could still find a way. He had to....because this maybe was his last destination.

“Why is Ash on the floor?”

“He got locked out of his room last night, so I invited him in.”

A groan came from the growing consciousness of a raven boy, limbs tangled in blankets and head of hair styled like he'd been through a wind tunnel. For a moment, Ash groggily focused on breathing, ignoring the fact that it was time to get up, get ready, and face the day's events. He was distracted by his attempt of falling back to sleep by the sound of people talking somewhere in the room. They sounded like Dawn and May. He crunched his eyebrows in confusion, peeking out of one eye. What were they doing in his room?

Ash sat up with wide eyes and a blooming blush on his face.

“Ah, the guy himself is awake at last.” Dawn rolled her eyes as she ran a brush through her smooth, dark hair. Crisscrossed on her bed, she sent a questioning glare to the embarrassed teen, “You two weren't doing anything weird were you?”

“W-What?” May stammered their embarrassment, making sure her eyes didn't connect with the wide, hazel eyes tacked on her. “No he was just locked out of his room! I swear I just gave him blankets and um--” The flooding memories of yesterday caused a rosy shade to fan her cheeks, and eyes to meet up with Ash's.

Ash mirrored her look of alarm and she suddenly lost her ability to speak straight, “Ah, Um he fell?”

“Ash fell?”

“No!” May ripped her gaze away and squeezed her eyes shut, “H-He fell asleep!”

Silence fell over the two as Dawn stared at them.

“...Right.” with a twinge of a smile, she got up from the bed, pulling on her white beanie, and headed for the door, “Well I'm going to see if Brock is ready next door. Meet us downstairs at the breakfast bar alright?” Before she slipped through the door she sent a wink towards the two flustered teens, “Don't stay up here for too long.”

The henge clicked shut.

Ash exhaled and picked himself off from the floor. That was one way to wake up. Gathering up his blankets (and clumsily folding them), he walked over to the cabinets to put them away. May was quiet, which left the atmosphere feeling awkward, but Ash didn't interrupt it. He was still wrapping his mind around what happened last night.

He had broken down.

May had seen him crying, sore, and torn down. She had peeled open his stubborn shell, seen him in his rawest form and was okay with it. Somewhere in his head, he thought it would go the opposite direction. After all their years traveling together, he had been the stronghold, he was the leader, the person who others came to for help. Never had he imagined it would finally switch on him.

Softly closing the cabinet doors, Ash glanced to May sitting on the bed. She bit on her nail nervously, cheeks still dusted with a light shade of pink.

Despite feeling exposed, Ash was kind of happy it was May who was there to comfort him. It only brought up the fact that Ash trusted her with his entire being, that he knew he could count on her for anything, even things as delicately as his well being.

“We should go meet up with don't you think?” May spoke, eyes still averting his.

“Yeah...can we talk?”

This made her look up. Ash saw the hesitation in her azure eyes, the way her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but she nodded for him to continue. He gave her a disarming smile, jerking his head to motion her to make some room for him on the bed.

“I just think I should say thank you-”

“You don't have to.” May gave him her own smile, “It's what friends do. We help each other out.”

“Can you at least let me say it anyways?” May rolled her eyes but stayed quiet. “I wanted to say thank you for last night, for bossing and pushing me around to open up. You were always feisty when someone didn't do what you say.”

“Takes one to know one.” she laughed.

It was his turn to roll his eyes, “I get it I'm stubborn. Thankfully you are too. I don't think I could have opened up to just anyone.”

May thought over that and smiled, “Are you saying you think you can only open up to me?”

“Yes”

She stared at him, smile faltering as her eyes widened with surprise. Ash's hazel eyes bore into her with a wave of calm and overflowing gratitude. “At least because of last night, I know that you are. So thank you.”

“Yeah, no problem.” she responded breathless.

“Right.” he patted her back and got up from the bed, “So how about we go get some grub?” Reaching for her hand she lifted her up and smiled, “Maybe they'll have a buffet!”

“You said the magic words Ash.” she giggled, and followed him out of the room.

Entering the dinning room, Ash and May were welcomed to the rows of white linen tables, gold hanging chandeliers, and elaborate decorations of paintings of the Sinnoh region, the town, and even Pokemon. It looked like a scene out of a palace for being an eating area in a hotel. Awed by the large room's appearance they were distracted as Dawn and Brock approached them with an excited Pikachu trailing behind them.

Ash snapped out of his trace as he saw the yellow mouse leap, holding his arms out to catch him and bring him into a hug. “Hey buddy!” The mouse cooed as Ash ran his fingers through his fur, “You're looking good this morning!” The mouse gave a purr of delight, nudging it's face into Ash's palm.

“You're looking pretty good yourself Ash.” Brock grinned, “Are you feeling alright?”
    “I'm a little sore, but nothing time can heal right?”

“Right.” Brock leaned into the back of a chair, “Why don't you guys get something to eat and join us? Officer Jenny is expected to come soon to ask you two some questions.”

May frowned at that, in which Ash mirrored, “Oh yeah, did you hear anything else about what happened?”

“I've been listening in on the news.” Dawn interjected, “So far it's the same. Terrorists bombing the center and almost killing everyone inside. They discovered only two bodies, which are the people who helped that red headed chick.”

“I see.” Ash bit his lip and placed Pikachu on his shoulder, “I guess we'll just have to get the rest of the information when Jenny get's here.”

“Also” Brock sighed as he straightened himself up, “Ash you need to call your Mom.”

“What?”

“She's probably panicking right now with all the news covering what what happened at the center. She doesn't even know what happened to you. I suggest while May is being interviewed you go and give her a call.”

Ash visibly swallowed, feeling sick. He had forgotten all about his mom. He thought about that time before this whole ordeal happened, when it was just him and his tear strained mother between a video screen. How she begged of him to stop what he was doing and come back home. How he saw his mother's best friend, face hard as stone and voice sharp as knives, demanding for him to do what his mother said.

“My husband was brutally murdered yesterday, and the people who killed Jason were actually after you.”

His weight faltered as Margret’s words hit him with full force. He caught the back of a chair to steady himself as his friends gave him a worried glance.

“Hey are you okay?” Dawn extended her hand towards him.

“Will you excuse me for a moment?” He pushed the words out with a winded breath and turned on his heel, “I think I'm going to make that phone call.”

“Ash?”

He ignored them, speeding out of the elaborate dinning room with food and golden chandeliers, and headed for the nearest video phone.

Thank you again for the awards and kind words. And soon you will be seeing updates again uwu -Maya

Is this real? A update. omg. I think I'm going to cry.

Not as exciting as your past chapters but I guess we can't have Ash's life on the line every day or his life. And the interactions between Ash and May is nice and sweet. Nothing too forcefully too early.

I cannot wait until the next chapter, next year it may be I'll still be waiting. (no seriously, I can wait that long. xD)

You know what? I think I'm gonna quote myself here...

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneQuilava View Post
    Well, I guess it's safe to say that this is pretty much dead. It's a shame too, seeing as this was easily one of the best fics I've read. A powerful tale indeed. I really hope *something* happens in order for this fic to continue...
    And damn. It did. Honestly, I was way more excited than I should have been when I saw the update. Regardless, my thoughts now.

As Midnight mentioned, not as action-packed as some of the previous chapters, but I think that it only makes sense, seeing as we just (okay, it was a year ago, granted) came off an action-spree. A good judgement call, all in all. The story is still great, nice interactions between the characters and all in all a good chapter.

As for technicalities, grammar and the likes were spot-on, for the most part. That just adds more points to the story (ah, how I love an understandable story).

To end, you haven't lost it during the year-long hiatus and I am looking forward to all subsequent updates.

Shippings I like: Advanceshipping and AmourShipping.
    Shippings I don't exactly care for: Contestshipping and Pokéshipping.
    Everything else is fair game.

My shinies:
    ♀ 115 Hatches
    ♀ 125 Hatches
    ♂ 93 Hatches

In progress:
    Skrelp @ 308 hatches;
    Honedge @ 25 hatches.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning and isolation and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimetre required to break bones."
    -Michael, VSauce

3DS Friend Code: 2509-1774-0547
    XY Safari Pokémon: Onix, Nosepass, Rhydon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12