View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 423 of 843 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473523 ... LastLast
Results 10,551 to 10,575 of 21052

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    I keep making new SS teams for when I get it on Xmas but keep trashing them my current idea is:
    Meganium/Gengar/Pinsir/???/??? (I'm only using five since training is a bastard in this game...
    Arbok!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    im scrapping the pokemon ive never used before for Heart Gold. my team will be:
    - Feraligatr
    - Gengar
    - Scizor
    - Arcanine
    - ???
    - Dragonite
    Arbok!

What is is this new competition? A war or a tourney?

Im making a Hyper Offensive team for OU. heres what i have so far:

Ninjask @ Leftovers
    Hasty | Speed Boost
    - Protect
    - Substitute
    - X-Scissor
    - Baton Pass

Rampados @ Choice Band
    Adamant | Mold Breaker
    - Outrage
    - Thunderpunch
    - Fire Punch
    - Stone Edge

Absol @ Zoom Lens
    Adamant | Super Luck
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Psycho Cut
    - Night Slash
    Umm...just speed boost passing? I would suggest swords dance on ninjask xD. Both rampardos and absol are also weak to priority, as Fire Hero said. Both of them are weak to Mach Punch, and Rampardos is weak to Scizors bullet punch. By th look of it so far, this could be a NU team >.>
    And what tourney are we talking about????
    @meismad sorry if this makes me sound like a mod, but only one spoiler is allowed in ur sig. I'm telling you this because sometimes cool things are in your spoilers, and then the mods delete a cool one and replace it with a message. Happened to me once ;_;
    Last edited by justinjiaxinghu; 18th December 2012 at 3:55 AM.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

I wonder if I ever got accepted for Electric Gym Leader.

Same! I wonder if I got accepted for fighting gym leader lol.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude is offline 物語は既に神と悪魔の手を離れて独り歩き

What form you have to fill out for that?

^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^
    New Attempt at a Team: ;715; ;666;

I forgot lol. Hudsonn should know though, or VEVOZ. But He's gone for some reason
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    Arbok!

Arbok!

What is is this new competition? A war or a tourney?
    We're disscussing in game teams since Ninja is restarting HG and I'm getting SS for Xmas. And no, I won't be using Arbok. I already have a poison type and the OCD part of me is driven nuts when there are double types on my playthrough team. IDK why more people don't use Pinsir. It learns Xscissor and tons of awesome fighting type moves early. Its attack and speed are pretty good as well. I'm looking for a flyer, surfer, and maybe a Fire type....but there's only 2 spots left....hmm....
    Signature edited due to exceeding font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Ahahaha, I dont dare restart any game after I restarted m platinum. I had some REALLY good pokes and I dunno why I restarted. Guess I was bord and made a really dumb decision >.> o well, so, wuts up ppl?

I. hate. nidoqueen. on. RU.
    my only counter is like entei who prob OHKO's with banded Flare Blitz. Flyer = Pidgeot!! It has great speed :P Surfer = KINGLER FTW
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Oh, my Swanna eats those things up. :P

^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^

Quote Originally Posted by meismadatyou View Post
    Sure thing! Are you ready right now?
    Sorry I wasn't. I had to go to bed. Are you around any earlier?

OMIGOSH guys I'm so totally screwed. I have a concert at school this evening and I left my violin in my classroom, which is going to be locked, so I don't know what to do. Can anyone here pick locks?
    Gonna play some conquest.

I can break windows, pick locks, and create fire using a piece of flint, a stick, a knife, and an orange.

^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^

Because of issues with busyness, deadlines for the combatants tourney havent been met, so we are the weather warrior, with castform as a mascot. ive put the NU team aside (i meant NU hyper offensive, not OU hyper offensive). im going to adapt my weather team. im going for sun as it has the widest array of options in my opinon
    Leader of The Hoenn Triangle's

Because of issues with busyness, deadlines for the combatants tourney havent been met, so we are the weather warrior, with castform as a mascot. ive put the NU team aside (i meant NU hyper offensive, not OU hyper offensive). im going to adapt my weather team. im going for sun as it has the widest array of options in my opinon
    Weather Warriors looks great

Good luck with your new team. Don't forget the sun god Volcarona :P

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

im going to post some sets i think will be useful in sun:

Ninetails @ Heat Rock
    Modest | Drought
    - Fire Blast
    - Solarbeam
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Sunny Day

The most obvious member of any sun team. a sunny day set can be run but isnt of use. sunny day is there incase another weather gets put into play without wanting to make ninetails leave and re-enter the field.

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
    Modest | Chlorophyll
    - Sleep Powder
    - Solar Beam
    - Psychic
    - Giga Drain

My personal favourite chlorophyll abuser. life orb can create massive damage, and solarbeam needs to charge, and is STAB, like psychic. sleep powder to use against one of its 7/8 weaknesses, and giga drain to regain hp lost from life orb. used this in my HG team and fell in love

Venusaur @ Life Orb
    Modest | Chlorophyll
    - Growth
    - Solarbeam/Giga Drain
    - HP Fire/Rock*
    - Sleep Powder

One of the post popular sun sweepers with its brilliant DW ability, chlorophyll. a set almost identical to exeggutor, except growth powers the moves further than just life orb, and can recover the lost HP from giga drain. *HP Fire for boosted power, HP Rock for super effective counters.

Jumpluff @ ?
    Timid | Chlorophyll
    - Encore
    - U-turn
    - Sleep Seed
    - Substitute

With he defences of a loaf of bread, you must be wondering why Jumpluff even gets a shot here. but, with a brilliant speed stat, and chlorophyll, it will rarely ever be outsped. its a premier example of annoyance, as you can force encore onto a setup move, or force them to sleep, then Subseed the poke. this can force alot of switches, and should be used while entry hazards are in effect.

Chansey @ Eviolite
    Careful | Natural Cure
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Seismic Toss

Fairly standard special wall set for chansey. i choose chansey over blissey because the eviolite makes it the bulkiest ever pokemon. despite losing the leftovers, HP can be regained from Wish + Protect. Not much more to be said

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Adamant | Technician
    - Pursuit
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - U-Turn

An odd choice for a sun team, but a great lure for a flash-fire such as Arcanine. Pursuit for when you fear pokemon out, bullet punch for STAB priority, U-Turn for luring the fire types then going out to flash fire, and super power for massive attack power.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Modest | Flash Fire
    - Fire Blast
    - Solarbeam
    - Earth Power
    - Stealth Rock

My flash fire synergy partner for scizor, with a whopping 400 sp attack, decent defences and HP, heatran is a great sun sweeper. i choose air balloon to get atleast 1 free go without ground attacks. He can stand most super effective physical attacks, and has Chansey to switch out to for special attacks.

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
    Adamant | Chlorophyll
    - Horn Leech
    - Swords Dance
    - Substitute

Physical Chlorophyll sweepers are rare. but sawsbuck is amazing. it gets stab horn leecg, return, and even better after a swords dance or 2.

Last edited by Ninja Eevee; 18th December 2012 at 9:20 PM.

Fire Hero, jsyk, I have a paper, but I know how I'm gonna get your Deino. I'm using my DW Poochyena and a Seviper

^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^

Ninetails @ Heat Rock
    Modest | Drought
    - Fire Blast
    - Solarbeam
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Sunny Day

The most obvious member of any sun team. a sunny day set can be run but isnt of use. sunny day is there incase another weather gets put into play without wanting to make ninetails leave and re-enter the field.

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
    Modest | Chlorophyll
    - Sleep Powder
    - Solar Beam
    - Psychic
    - Giga Drain

My personal favourite chlorophyll abuser. life orb can create massive damage, and solarbeam needs to charge, and is STAB, like psychic. sleep powder to use against one of its 7/8 weaknesses, and giga drain to regain hp lost from life orb. used this in my HG team and fell in love
    I would recommend Wide Lens on Ninetales as an alternative due to the poor accuracy of both Fire Blast and Will-O-Wisp, but it's up to you since Heat Rock can be useful too.

I don't like Exeggutor much because even with Chlorophyll it is so slow that any fast attacker with Choice Scarf (like Terrakion) will hit first if I'm not mistaken. As an alternative consider Lilligant Waiting for your next additions.

@Scorch: Thanks

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Shade, when are you free to trade? I have half-days at school this week due to exams, so I'm okay for 12:30 pm- 3:30 pm CST

Spoiler:- FC:

30 BP ( I need more..)

Ninetails @ Heat Rock
    Modest | Drought
    - Fire Blast
    - Solarbeam
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Sunny Day

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
    Modest | Chlorophyll
    - Sleep Powder
    - Solar Beam
    - Psychic
    - Giga Drain

Exeggutor. OMG this guy has become my best friend. Ninetales and Exeggutor can't beat Heatran, and Terrakion rapes you. The Lati twins walk over your *** as well. You could use something to kill them, or tank hits. Blissey/Chansey wall the Latis to hell, and Heatran as well. Terrakion still kills you. A spinner to spin hazards or something would do good. If you switched Exeggutor for this, you could run Espeon. Morning sun set, magic bounce, etc. Good with prediction, and can kill Terrakion on a switch I expect. Then run a Dugtrio. Dugtrio is beast, Focus Sash ruins TTar, Politoed, Terrakion, Heatran, possibly the latis, etc. Pick the most annoying bugger on your opponents team and let them fight Dugtrio. Latis get beaten by Scizor, but huge Fire weakness. Forretress is screwed by Fire anyway, but can spin and sets hazards. Dragonite and Salamence wreck in Sun. Heatran is cool in this weather. You know, pick some options, etc.

@Meismad: It will probably be easier to give you your pokemon this Saturday.
    @Firehero: Ok, so I have the Seviper that knows Dark Pulse now

^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^

updated my sun sets post

Hey Eevee, if you need to test it out, I'll battle you in 43 minutes from this post

^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^

i dont do wifi, all my games have been reset

Scorch, that's totally fine.

Do you guys mind if I post a team I'm trying to build? I am completely new to competitive battling and I want to see if I can even build a team right.

Spoiler:- FC:

30 BP ( I need more..)

thats perfectly fine meismad, im very newbie at competitive battling too, please do post teams for help

Guys, sign-ups for the combatants tourney are here. our sponsered team, the weather warriors, will be led by snivy:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...s-Cup-Sign-Ups

Page 423 of 843 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473523 ... LastLast