View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 454 of 809 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554 ... LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,350 of 20219

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Morning guys. I'm arguing with my Dad aout my step mum. She told my dad on the phone when they were aguing that I didn't live in the same home with my siblings, my dad and her. My dad said he'd split up with her. They're back together, and expect me to be all happy after pretty much being told "you don't live in this home. You're not part of this family". How am I expected to feel? I'm being told she loves me and all that ****, but she'd have had to have thought about it for a bit before saying it. I know she likes annoying my dad, but she knew I was listening. What am I going to do...

Sorry for posting it here. Really. Onto a different subject.

My Emerald game restarted, so I lost my nuzcloke progress. I can't be bothered to continue...

So I'll be starting a BW2 runthrough. I think, if everyone's up for it, after the 4th gen Mayhem run we could do a 5th gen one. I don't know, I'm exausted...

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    Morning guys. I'm arguing with my Dad aout my step mum. She told my dad on the phone when they were aguing that I didn't live in the same home with my siblings, my dad and her. My dad said he'd split up with her. They're back together, and expect me to be all happy after pretty much being told "you don't live in this home. You're not part of this family". How am I expected to feel? I'm being told she loves me and all that ****, but she'd have had to have thought about it for a bit before saying it. I know she likes annoying my dad, but she knew I was listening. What am I going to do...

Sorry for posting it here. Really. Onto a different subject.

My Emerald game restarted, so I lost my nuzcloke progress. I can't be bothered to continue...

So I'll be starting a BW2 runthrough. I think, if everyone's up for it, after the 4th gen Mayhem run we could do a 5th gen one. I don't know, I'm exausted...
    Just remember that we're all here for you.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Yep. And it turns out my nuzcloke hasn't restarted (it was hidden somewhere).

Aw well, I'll sort it out for final today.

Might play skyrim later. Got to go out again though.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    It must be hard not being your biological mother...I'm speechless. Why would your stepmother do that anyway? Hunh.
    Well, onto the mayhem run. I decided to trash Kingler, as it learns good moves at too low a level, so I replaced it with Slowpoke which is gonna evolve into Slowking.
    Quilava Lv. 21 Flaaffy Lv. 20 Scyther Lv. 19 Nidorina Lv. 19 Slowpoke Lv. 9
    Credit to the amazing Skarm!

Coolio. I've used Kingler before. It has semi decent moves throughout I'd say, but your choice.

In Mayhem news:
    With my first badge secured, I returned to Jubilife City and helped Lucas and Professor Rowan get rid of some pesky Galactic grunts. After that I made my way north, and captured a Geodude in the cave as a Rock Smasher. I fought some trainers on the next route before arriving in Floaroma Town, where I got the Sprayduck and picked some berries.

My current team:
    Chihiro the Houndour, level 13
    Arrietty the Bellsprout, level 14
    Suigyo the Piplup, level 15
    Totoro the Swinub, level 21
    Geodude, level 5

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

@scorch, long distance relationships don't work, hun. They don't work.

Hey guys. I haven't played white in a while maybe I'll play that. Or maybe skyrim. And Shade if you still want A stress relieving app get office jerk. It's funny and fun and free

BP: 360
    I have claimed Lance, the Dragon Master

Credit to N_Shadow19 for the Sky Sector UB

Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude is offline 物語は既に神と悪魔の手を離れて独り歩き

@m'Lady Shade: A perfect stress reliever is shooting games. What's more satisfying than putting a bullet through an enemy's head? Well, except for maybe cooking or baking or sewing I guess. And I know they never really work, but no one in CA loves me, and someone out of state does. I aint just gonna turn em down.
    @Everyone: Oh, I need to know something. I finished writing this play for a scholarship contest, and first prize is $2500 and a group of actors performs it in Broadway, NY. If I posted it, would you guys read and critique it?

^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^
    New Attempt at a Team: ;678; ;635;

I would but if everyone else doesn't want you to just PM/VM it to me

kk I'll just wait for the majority vote
    Wrote the whole thing on New Year's Eve. Started at 5, finished at 11
    Also if I do post it, a friend of mine said it wuz good, but it seemed to be missing something. I based this play off a song called The Fifth Pierrot. If I were to post, I need someone to help me find that missing something
    Last edited by Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude; 3rd January 2013 at 2:54 PM.

^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^

I'd read it scorch.

Ugh, I'm bored. I got a Whismur and a Nincada in Emerald, and I'm using Whismur (or I will do).

I'll read it too. How long is it?

well, on a word document, it is 6 pages, but it actually really shouldnt be too much. Here, I'll post it

^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^

Five: The Harlequin

Characters

• Claws: Leader of Paris Noel, real name is Julia Albard
    • Blue: Guard and co-leader of Claws
    • Emmie Albard: Claws’ adopted daughter, whose code name is Five, the Harlequin
    • Six, the Paladin: in essence, an errand boy in charge of keeping the base clear
    • Seven, the Sorceress: A new recruit who is considered a traitor
    • Eight, the Sharpshooter: A new recruit who works closely with Seven

[SCENE I, 10-year old Emmie crouches in a dark alley at 2 A.M. as crowds go by for a carnival]

Narrator: Emmie’s role, as taught to her by Claws, was to punish the bad children as Five: the Harlequin.
    [Emmie targets a rather chubby-looking child]
    Narrator: She was also taught that the world is infested with mistakes that needed to be eliminated.
    [Emmie grabs the child from behind, drags him into the alley, and stabs him to death]
    Narrator: Undoubtedly, she was effective as an assassin. In her harlequin’s outfit and white make-up, no one suspected her during the parties held late into the night on the streets of Lucifenia.
    [Emmie moves to hide the body]
    Narrator: Today, too, the happily dancing Harlequin has been freed from the magical cage enclosing her. And that wild beast, while jumping through flaming hoops, wanders in the streets.

[SCENE II, 8 AM, Emmie, Claws, and Blue sit around discussing plans, Sharpshooter sits in a corner working on fixing his revolver, Paladin mops the place]

Claws (while munching on an apple): So was your mission last night successful, Harlequin?
    Emmie (while nodding emphatically): Yes, Ms. Claws. The governor’s son got what he had coming to him.
    Claws: Good. That ought to teach those officials to be such pigs.
    Blue (muttering): Fairly chunky pigs at that.
    Claws: Regretful that Princess Sleep-Bringer… retired.
    Emmie (pulling a long frown): Quite tragic. Should have known better than to use the “gift” herself. Was quite a clever trick you taught her, Ms. Claws.
    [Claws tosses apple core behind her, Paladin groans]
    Paladin (grumbling under breath): Yes, and while the expert swordsman stays here and cleans, you all run around on your silly missions and make a--
    [Paladin cuts off as Sharpshooter suddenly shoots an inch in front of his shoe]
    Sharpshooter: We all have our place. Learn yours.
    [Sorceress walks in]
    Sorceress (attempting to sound kind): Come, Paladin. You know you are loved here. My associate jests.
    [Claws tuts]
    Claws: Sharpshooter, I understand you find comfort in your bullets, but do not use my floor for target practice. Harlequin, stay here while me and Blue go get us some more breakfast. Paladin, go fetch some filler for the floor.
    [Claws and Blue rise and exit to the left, Paladin groans]
    Paladin: You’d all be dying from your own filth and ignorance if it weren’t for me.
    [Paladin exits stage right, Sorceress makes herself comfortable across from Emmie]
    Sorceress: So Emmie…
    Emmie: It’s Harlequin. We humble associates of Ms. Claws are supposed to refer to each other by code-name and only she may to refer to us by our real names.
    Sharpshooter (partly growling): Whatever, you stuck-up brat.
    Emmie: You’re just upset Ms. Claws sends me out more than you.
    Sharpshooter (lunging for Emmie): Why you little…
    [Sorceress puts a hand between them, holding Sharpshooter back]
    Sorceress: So Harlequin, I hear Claws found an interesting item lately…
    Emmie (taken aback by the question): You mean the doll, whose innards are made of the most interesting sequence of metal springs and gears? Yes, but…
    Sorceress: But?
    Emmie: … how did you know of that? Only me, Ms. Claws, and Blue knew of that mission, and none of us ever spoke of it.
    Sorceress: Oh come now, a name like “Sorceress” and you don’t think I’d have a few tricks up my sleeve?
    [Sorceress laughs, Emmie looks at her strangely, Sorceress recovers her countenance]
    Sorceress: So… what say you and me leave this place?
    Emmie (cautiously): Leave? Why would we do that?
    Sorceress: What do you know of the Seven Deadly Sins?
    [Emmie shakes her head, Sharpshooter scoffs and returns to fiddling with his revolver]
    Sorceress: Decades ago, a set of twins were born as ghost children from a mother thought to be a witch. Her children were stolen by a young woman whose own children had left the world that evening. By doing this, their mother created one original sin.
    [Emmie listens intently, elbows on knees, hands propping up chin]
    Sorceress: Her husband and she, years after they had obtained the children, abandoned them in the forest for no apparent reason, and Hansel and Gretel soon found the house and killed their adopted mother and father, believing they were the Witch and her henchman. They watched the original sin bloom, and in an attempt to stop it, tore it into seven pieces.
    [Emmie sits erect, eyes wide]
    Sorceress (taking semi-dramatic pauses with each name): This was the birth of Superbia the Stone, Gula the Seed, Invidia the Spring, Luxuria the Rose, Avaritia the Soil, Acedia the Wind, and Ira the Forest. Their English names, the ones more commonly used, are the Deadly Sins of Pride, Gluttony, Envy, Lust, Greed, Sloth, and Wrath, respectively. The demons that were assigned with the spreading of each sin received a Vessel with which to carry the sin.
    Emmie: Vessels?
    [Sorceress nods, pulls a pear from sleeve and takes a bite]
    Sorceress: Proud Lucifer was given four elegant mirrors. Gluttonous Beelzebub received a frosted wine glass. Envious Leviathan took up a pair of tailor’s scissors. Lustful Asmodeus drew a violet katana. Greedy Mammon pocketed a spoon. Lazy Belphegor summoned his knowledge of gears and mechanics and created his vessel, a clockwork doll.
    Emmie: And what of Wrath?
    Sorceress (taking a sigh): Satan’s Vessel is currently unknown. It is regretful to know that this Story has already left the hands of the gods and the demons, and is now walking on its own.
    Emmie: And you need the Vessel of Sloth… why?
    [Sharpshooter stomps the ground hard]
    Sharpshooter: Enough with these questions of yours. Let her tell her story.
    Sorceress: Claws has obtained the Vessels of Gluttony, Envy, and now Sloth. I will be taking these with me as I go. I am offering you, as a young child, a chance to escape this life of treacherous murders.
    [sounds of footsteps echo as Claws and Blue head back]
    Sorceress (hurriedly): You have until tonight to make your decision.
    [Claws and Blue come back in a resume their seating arrangements]
    Claws (handing Emmie a plate): Here you go, Harlequin.
    [Emmie takes the plate]
    Emmie: Ms. Claws?
    Claws: Yes, Harlequin?
    Emmie (glancing at the Sorceress before continuing): It would appear we have a traitor in the house.
    [a shocked-looking Sorceress rises and flees screaming to the right, Blue sprints after her, Sharpshooter glares at Emmie before getting up and exiting to the left]
    Claws (while caressing Emmie’s head the way a mother would): Good job, Emmie. You have just made our organization a safer place.
    [Emmie grins and nuzzles against her adopted mother’s hand]

[SCENE III, Emmie sits in another dark alley]

Narrator: Emmie’s assignment: kill a girl who was thought to once be the princess of Lucifenia, Riliane Lucifen d’Autriche. But something didn’t feel right.
    [Harlequin clutches her knife tight and looks around cautiously]
    Narrator: Suddenly a bang went out, and the world went from black to crimson.
    [Emmie clutches her chest in pain, removes them, and gasps in horror at blood on her hands]
    Emmie (genuinely frightened): Harlequin doesn’t want to die! I don’t want to die!
    [Emmie starts to collapse, Sharpshooter stands before her in silence, gun pointed at her, Emmie falls face-up on the ground dying]
    Sharpshooter (talking behind him stage right): All right, Master Clockworker. The snitch is dead.
    [Sorceress steps out and bends over to talk to the dying Emmie]
    Sorceress: See, I told you to escape with me!
    [Sorceress laughs maniacally, Sorceress and Sharpshooter exit stage left as Emmie dies, Narrator comes on stage, body at his feet as he faces the audience]
    Narrator: Tonight the restless Harlequin was very tired, so she closed her eyes. In her dream, she saw smiling at her, her real mother and father. No more dancing for Harlequin.
    Sorceress (from off stage): See, I told you to escape with me!
    Narrator: Muttering and then laughing wickedly, was Seven: the Sorceress.
    [Narrator exits stage left, Claws enters the alley stage right, gasps in horror, runs to her dead daughter’s side, takes up her hand, and weeps silently as the curtains close]
    Narrator (off-stage voice): And thus was the end of Gretel.

END

^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^

dang longer than i thought it would be

^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^

kolcid
    trainer
    VERY EXPERIENCED
    i should get this job because i am a great battler
    i am only avainable from 3:30 P.M up

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude View Post
    dang longer than i thought it would be
    Hm... I quite like it, actually. What I would say is that it sort of feels as if one thing happens, then another, then another straight after each other. I'd say maybe you should try and build up a bit more suspense. I don't know if you have a word limit or anything... and I'm no writer myself, but that's my opinion on it. The story is good, however, and there's a lot of imagination there.

My Animelist

Following the new year celebrations here I am again ^^ What did I miss?

Anyway, as for my SoulSilver run, here's the status: After catching Natu I went back to Cianwood to reach the Safari Zone and do some more training. Thankfully the grass over there has some high-leveled Pokémon (near Lv25). I really disprove that between Goldenrod and Mahogany (which is like 4 gyms) the levels of both wild Pokémon and trainer Pokémon are nearly the same (15 to 20) when the Gyms keep increasing in difficulty (Lv19 for Whitney, Lv25 for Morty, Lv31 for Chuck, Lv35 for Jasmine and Lv34 for Pryce). But anyway, I caught a Misdreavus in the Safari Zone, named Nebula, which means that I now have 5 team members. I trained for a while in the grass and soon Saturn evolved. Now I reached Mahogany and I'll be going to the Lake of Rage.

Nebula (F) Lv30
    Hasty Nature
    - Psybeam
    - Pain Split
    - Astonish
    - Confuse Ray

Saturn (M) Lv30
    Rash Nature
    - Fly
    - Confuse Ray
    - Wish
    - Shadow Ball

Jupiter (M) Lv30
    Adamant Nature
    - Dig
    - Rock Tomb
    - Headbutt
    - Double Kick (thinking about teaching him Focus Punch or Iron Tail)

Luna (F) Lv30
    Jolly Nature
    - Headbutt
    - Quick Attack
    - U-turn
    - Shadow Claw

Apollo (M) Lv33
    Naive Nature
    - Quick Attack
    - Swift
    - Fire Blast
    - Ember

Now let's play a game! I'd like you to guess (and taking into account the higher level of Apollo), who on my team has the highest HP, Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def and Speed ^^
    3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno
    Dragon Safari: Dragonair / Gabite / Sliggoo (PM me if you add my FC)

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W37 L11

PM me if you want to challenge my Gym, or post in the league thread: PokeGyms
    Gym Record: W24 L13

Userbar made by Astral Shadow - The Under

Thanx Rose. The limit is 12 pages. What would you reccomend for suspense build?
    oh, and I based it off this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFB0n1nExwk
    Last edited by Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude; 3rd January 2013 at 5:52 PM.

^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude View Post
    Thanx Rose. The limit is 12 pages. What would you reccomend for suspense build?
    Add more dialogue... but at the same time maybe try not to make it too meaningless? Like have Emma ask more questions of Sorceress when she speaks of the seven deadly sins. Questions to which the answers aren't so important, sort of as a red herring? Ask your other friend, though, too, to make sure he agrees with me

Okay, Fire Hero, here are my guesses:

HP: Jupiter
    Attack: Jupiter
    Defence: Saturn
    Special Attack: Nebula
    Special Defense: Saturn
    Speed: Apollo

And I did not look up each Pokemon's base stats

An update on my mayhem run:

I defeated Commander Mars on the third try (I think it's Mars, but can't check because of Bulbapedia/too lazy xD) and Suigyo evolved into Prinplup! It learned Metal Claw, which will definitely be more useful than Pound or Bubble. I'm now ready to move on to the next stage of my journey, so here's my team so far:

Chihiro the Houndour, level 15
    Arrietty the Bellsprout, level 16
    Suigyo the Prinplup, level 16
    Totoro the Swinub, level 21
    Geodude, level 5

My Animelist

I recognize most of those names from Miyazaki films. Who did you name Prinplup after?

^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Add more dialogue... but at the same time maybe try not to make it too meaningless? Like have Emma ask more questions of Sorceress when she speaks of the seven deadly sins. Questions to which the answers aren't so important, sort of as a red herring? Ask your other friend, though, too, to make sure he agrees with me

Okay, Fire Hero, here are my guesses:

HP: Jupiter
    Attack: Jupiter
    Defence: Saturn
    Special Attack: Nebula
    Special Defense: Saturn
    Speed: Apollo

And I did not look up each Pokemon's base stats
    You got 3 right. I won't tell you the answers yet so more people can try :P
    3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno
    Dragon Safari: Dragonair / Gabite / Sliggoo (PM me if you add my FC)

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W37 L11

PM me if you want to challenge my Gym, or post in the league thread: PokeGyms
    Gym Record: W24 L13

Userbar made by Astral Shadow - The Under

Quote Originally Posted by kolcid View Post
    kolcid
    trainer
    VERY EXPERIENCED
    i should get this job because i am a great battler
    i am only avainable from 3:30 P.M up
    You have to be a member of this clan before you get jobs. And sorry if you are a member and I just don't know.

And @scorch nice play. Maybe have a bit more explanation on the Handel and gretel part, but otherwise its very good
    Last edited by Da_bomb.com; 3rd January 2013 at 7:20 PM.

Da_bomb, jsyk, I posted the play further back

^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^

Page 454 of 809 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554 ... LastLast