View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 531 of 859 FirstFirst ... 431481521527528529530531532533534535541581631 ... LastLast
Results 13,251 to 13,275 of 21451

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Uber
    i already have a good uber tier strategy

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

OK. Uber has one vote. Once we have enough players (I'll run this quick 'Who's Participating' window open until tomorrow, then we have until Sunday 24th (or 6 days from now) to make our teams. People who wish to participate please pick a tier as well. Thank you.

And I've made my Skyrim character:

Race: Breton
    Major Skills: Archery, Sneak, Light Armor
    Minor Skills: Smithing + Enchanting, Alchemy, Alteration
    Weapon: Daedric Bow (enchanted with Fire Damage + Paralyse)
    Armor: Forsworn Armor (Fortify Health/Fortify Alteration), Forsworn Gauntletss (Fortify Archery/Fortify Light Armor), Forsworn Boots (Muffle or Fortify Sneak/Fortify Carry Weight), Forsworn Headdress (Fortify Archery/Fortify Magicka) Ring (Fortify Alteration/Fortify Health), Necklace (Fortify Stamina/Fortify Archery).
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 18th February 2013 at 3:26 PM.

I'll be away around that time, so I'll give it a miss. But I'd sure like to do a guild tourney at some time or another

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

I don't mind when we do it. Whenever. But we'll see.

And on Skyrim my character is level 3 (A Bosmer, not a Breton).

I'm beginning my Black adventure really soon.

Wow, I'm gone for less than twenty-four hours and we've gained four pages. Dang...
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I'd participate, would be interesting to try Uber. I also am willing to breed/obtain the prize. I have R/S/E/Col/XD/LG/FR/P/Pl/SS/W/B/B2 so if there is a version exclusive legendary or something that people wanted I could work on that. Though Silver/Gold and Dream Radar have released Lugias, maybe first prize could be an XD: Gale of Darkness Lugia with Psycho Boost? If anyone else has any other ideas keep me updated!
    N3DS FC: 1220-6591-9030
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Spritzee, Clefairy
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

Quote Originally Posted by Cronkr View Post
    I'd participate, would be interesting to try Uber. I also am willing to breed/obtain the prize. I have R/S/E/Col/XD/LG/FR/P/Pl/SS/W/B/B2 so if there is a version exclusive legendary or something that people wanted I could work on that. Though Silver/Gold and Dream Radar have released Lugias, maybe first prize could be an XD: Gale of Darkness Lugia with Psycho Boost? If anyone else has any other ideas keep me updated!
    Can Shadow Lugia be transferred to B2/W2?

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Purified lugia (how it receives its special moves) can be traded to R/S/E/LG/FR, transferred to Palpark in P/Pl/SS, then Poke transferred to B/W/B2. Lengthy process but it can happen.
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    I hate nuzclokes in general. EVIL THINGS!

I'm going to begin my Black adventure soon.
    Me too. I get too attached to my pokemon, then to release them... *shudder*

Purified lugia (how it receives its special moves) can be traded to R/S/E/LG/FR, transferred to Palpark in P/Pl/SS, then Poke transferred to B/W/B2. Lengthy process but it can happen.
    And maybe a purified Togepi (for Tri attack) could also be a prize
    Last edited by Da_bomb.com; 18th February 2013 at 9:18 PM.

Sig under construction

I'd like to be in this tourney :3
    I choose UU

EDIT: If I were to win, I'd want a nice competitive Deoxys, since
    1. I've never had a Deoxys.
    2. They haven't been in an event outside of Japan in a while.
    3. Deoxys is awesome :3
    Last edited by meismadatyou; 18th February 2013 at 10:51 PM.

Spoiler:- FC:

30 BP ( I need more..)

And ps I vote UU and PO.

Sig under construction

I think I'd do this tourney for once. Let's go with RU or NU.

PS would be fine right?

Just to condense it into one post so far the desired (proposed) prizes are (I'm adding a few so people have more to consider):
    XD: Gale of Darkness Lugia (with Psycho Boost)
    XD: Gale of Darkness Togepi (with Tri Attack)- will have to start a XD game over since I always traded it back to him, so might be delayed after the tourny
    Deoxys (I may still be able to obtain one from my Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs mission, so this is actually very possible)
    Emerald Mew (Lv. 30)- an oldy but still really cool
    Soul Silver (In-game Event) Palkia (Lv. 1)
    Soul Silver (In-game Event) Dialga (Lv. 1)
    Soul Silver (In-game Event) Giratina (Lv. 1)

If we generate a (short) list, it could be the winner can choose from any of the list. Then 2nd/3rd can choose from Palkia/Dialga/Giratina since they are easier to get multiples of. I am willing to do this for any Tournaments hosted by THT, just need some warning if I have to beat the game again to obtain them (like XD and Colloseum).

Just to condense it into one post so far the desired (proposed) prizes are (I'm adding a few so people have more to consider):
    XD: Gale of Darkness Lugia (with Psycho Boost)
    XD: Gale of Darkness Togepi (with Tri Attack)- will have to start a XD game over since I always traded it back to him, so might be delayed after the tourny
    Deoxys (I may still be able to obtain one from my Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs mission, so this is actually very possible)
    Emerald Mew (Lv. 30)- an oldy but still really cool
    Soul Silver (In-game Event) Palkia (Lv. 1)
    Soul Silver (In-game Event) Dialga (Lv. 1)
    Soul Silver (In-game Event) Giratina (Lv. 1)

If we generate a (short) list, it could be the winner can choose from any of the list. Then 2nd/3rd can choose from Palkia/Dialga/Giratina since they are easier to get multiples of. I am willing to do this for any Tournaments hosted by THT, just need some warning if I have to beat the game again to obtain them (like XD and Colloseum).
    wow that is really cool
    i haven't gotten a deoxys so i need to win this

EDIT: just beat Whitney
    surprisingly no one died
    i caught Scyther
    welcome to the team Katana

i am now training to face Morty's gym
    Last edited by Yveltal96; 19th February 2013 at 2:44 AM.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I like the tournament idea and I'd go for Uber if WiFi. Any other tier will have to either be PO or have a 2-week or more preparation period because I started working yesterday and the time is much less now :P

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Total Ranked Double Battle Record: W47 L20
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W54 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

I'd like it to be PS and I vote RU or OU
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

OK OK! Well I'd say we've got enough people interested, although more would be lovely. I'll post the rules in a sec. And thanks Cronkr for being able to get the prizes. Alrighty, lets begin.

Votes:

3 Uber
    2 UU
    2 RU
    1 NU

So I believe we're doing Uber, although if I voted I'd say UU, which makes it equal. Everybody participating must pick between Uber and UU. Then we can make teams and the like.

9 people participating. I'd like 12 (So Hudsonn, Ponymon and Klinklang? Or ANYBODY?) just to make it last longer. If not then oh well. the top 3 people will get a prize. I'm doing this either on points or on a structured tourney (like 2 people battle, the winner fights another winner, losers fight the losers (like what I do in fencing) until we have 3/2 winners remaining. They battle, winner gets first prize).

If people can do that then I can make the rules easier.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 19th February 2013 at 10:54 AM.

I picks Ubers ^.^
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

1 Uber
    1 UU

7 left to vote. I've voted, and justnjiaxinghu has too. I like UU more now, as it has Virizion, Tornadus, Flygon, Kingdra and Snorlax in the tier. Uber is pretty good, as it's pretty much a Legendary tier.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/uber

http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/uu

Here's some links so you can see what's in the tier.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 19th February 2013 at 11:19 AM.

Glad this tourney is also PS!!! Im gonna use my Ubers team that got me to 1700+ on PS
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

It may not be Uber. I don't know. We'll find out later.

To get this straight. This is a PO and PS thing, unless enough people can do wifi. As a majority of people play PO, I don't need to worry there. I'll give a link to PS though, once we've picked a tier.

NOTE: Check the OU tier as well if you want to do Uber. TTar is the Sand user there, and Abomasnow is the Hail user. Kyurem Black is a Uber Pokemon, but it's in OU for some retarded reason.

Guys, I've been playing through SS for a while now and am about to battle Red. Please wish me luck!

My Animelist

Don't need luck. Red's a pushover. Pikachu gets beaten with some STAB moves (EQ is great). Venusaur is owned with Fire, Charizard with Rock, Blastoise and Lapras with Electric and Snorlax with Fighting. I used a Typhlosion, Tyranitar, Ampharos, Gengar, Dragonite and Kingdra to beat him first time. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    Don't need luck. Red's a pushover. Pikachu gets beaten with some STAB moves (EQ is great). Venusaur is owned with Fire, Charizard with Rock, Blastoise and Lapras with Electric and Snorlax with Fighting. I used a Typhlosion, Tyranitar, Ampharos, Gengar, Dragonite and Kingdra to beat him first time. Easy.
    My team isn't very good because I tend to go with Pokemon I like instead of the best fighters. Last time I only won by the skin of my teeth because our last two Pokemon were Lapras and I was healing constantly and he ran out of PP and it only had Brine left and mine had Water Absorb ^^;

My Animelist

Pikachu and Charizard have rubbish defense. Lapras goes down relatively easy (be wary of Blizzard) and Snorlax is just bulky. Venusaur can be annoying and Blastoise can too. But they aren't too hard to beat.

Page 531 of 859 FirstFirst ... 431481521527528529530531532533534535541581631 ... LastLast