View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 444 of 858 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494544 ... LastLast
Results 11,076 to 11,100 of 21440

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

When's your b-day Will5iam
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

K. I'm still doubting if I can do the mayhem run, but if I can, I'm breeding my team and then trading it over.

It will be:

Koffing, "Britney"
    Rhyhorn, "Roxy"
    Horsea, "Chelsea"
    Magnemite, "Shoe" OR Pikachu, "Tiffany"
    Magmar, "Max"
    Murkrow, "Sara"

Nice. I think we're the only people not using starters. It said in the rules of the Mayhem run that we can have seven Pokemon, so why is everyone just doing a party?

Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

I never was told what a mayhem run even is.. I'll do one on Platinum if someone tells me :P

Spoiler:- FC:

30 BP ( I need more..)

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    The Hoenn Traingle: 4th gen Mayhem Run!

Rules:
    • This is a 4th gen runthrough- not 3rd gen, not 5th gen. 4th gen only (that's HeartGold, SoulSilver, Platinum, Diamond and Pearl versions).
    • Participants may use up to 7 Pokemon per team (obviously 6 is the limit, but if you like that 7th Pokemon then use it).
    • ANY POKEMON is allowed for this run from any gen (obviously 5th gen isn't possible. Even legendaries are allowed to be used, but expect some of us to sign and groan a-lot)
    • Post your progress here at THT, and if you want post it in the said Recent Happenings threads in their respective threads. I wish to see Pokemon, their names if you give them names, moves, item (if given), nature (if you want to) and where in the game you are, and the badges you have. If you want to, post your team nicknames with a picture in your signature so you don't have to keep writing it.
    • Have fun!

Paritcipating members:
    Snivy Trainer
    Klinklang_ 1024
    Fire Hero
    Shade2000
    Snivy's idea. I don't really know what a Mayhem run is myself, but the rules are here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponymon View Post
    Nice. I think we're the only people not using starters. It said in the rules of the Mayhem run that we can have seven Pokemon, so why is everyone just doing a party?
    I never use my starter anyway, except in Hoenn and Kanto. Sometimes in Sinnoh.

And I think 7 pokemon is too hard to train... You really only need 6, and sometimes it's even easier just to use 5 and one HM slave. Maybe I'll get rid of Koffing and do that.

A mayhem run. I just called it that, as everyone pretty much is doing it. Most people when doing a runthrough won't use the same Pokemon as their mates (I do this a lot with Drummerdude and TheSirPeras, who I do runthoughs with). A mayhem run is where you make a team, screw if someone is using Heracross like you, and play the game. I did this for 2 reasons: 1) To promote 4th gen games now we have B/W/B2/W2 and 2) Because I was going to play HG and wanted people to play it with me. I may do a 3rd gen one, but that is for much later, and maybe not with you guys. We'll see. Plus it gets us something Pokemon to talk about, not Skyrim or spots or car faces (please no...) or spamming. It's working so far.

And Eevee, I did not get the thing about Tavern Clothes. They have no armor rating for a reason. I picked up some sort of clothing, but it was labelled stolen. Harriet didn't like the look of it (I didn't like the look of it on her) so I dropped it. When I went passed it, it wasn't labelled steal. How odd.

i don't understand, there isn't a difference from a regular run. o.O

Spoiler:- FC:

30 BP ( I need more..)

Nope. No difference. But we're doing this as a clan, so it's going to be likely that we use at least 2 of the same Pokemon. So yeah.

I may do a 3rd gen one, but that is for much later, and maybe not with you guys.
    Count me in. I need to play Emerald again.

Ha ha. We'll see, but I catch your drift.

its more like a runthrough of 4th gen and post progress, there isnt much mayhem at all. i am going to use this game as my main game. before i restarted, i had 300+ hours, 11 away from a complete johto pokedex, every gym leader beaten 10+ times, E4 10 Times and Red 6 times. i had several lv 100s, but this was before any knowledge of competitive battling

Yep. But mayhem run sound alright, doesn't it?

Anyway, Harriet has reached level 3. She currently wields a Bound Sword (a Daedric sword that does more than a Steel sword but less than a Orcish Sword?) with only one perk invested in Conjuration at all (Novice Conjuration), and a Speech perk (Haggling 1/5). I currently have the Thief Stone (to improve Sneak, Speech and Alchemy, although may go to Mage Stone). I intend to end with either the Lord Stone, Atronach Stone or the Lady Stone. My main weapon will be a Daedric Sword, and maybe a Bow to take down Dragons. Mostly Sword though. I won't invest much in Smithing though, to challenge myself (seriously, will Harriet be sweating in a smithy? No. She may study Smithing, and do a bit of work, but otherwise will be an enchanter and a alchemist).

are you going to play the mmo snivy? my opinion has changed from being boring MMO, to being a really good, very well developed and pivoting MMO. im now suepr hyped. people from the alpha testing say its great. i know my character, and im going to play with it alittle in skyrim

MMO? What's that?

And I'm going to define Harriet to a point of perfection. She'll adopt a kid, build a house (or get someone else to do it). So far we're in Dragonsreach, about to get some more cash, before making our way to Bleak Falls Barrow (along with our trusty follower who I haven't chosen yet). I'll progress through the main quest, do the one to get a scimitar, and then go all the way through the game. Once I need to go to Kynesgrove, I'll start the Dark Brotherhood, to make enough money to pay for Lakeview Manor's building taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    its more like a runthrough of 4th gen and post progress, there isnt much mayhem at all. i am going to use this game as my main game. before i restarted, i had 300+ hours, 11 away from a complete johto pokedex, every gym leader beaten 10+ times, E4 10 Times and Red 6 times. i had several lv 100s, but this was before any knowledge of competitive battling
    I've never beaten Red :c

Never? I have. Pushover. TTar EQed Pikachu, Ampharos raped Blastoise, Typhlosion beat Venusaur, Charizard was Kingdra chow, Gengar beat Snorlax and Dragonite beat Lapras after Gengar weakened it enough.

I's probably because I never get my ingame team over level 70. (except in BW)

A mayhem run. I just called it that, as everyone pretty much is doing it. Most people when doing a runthrough won't use the same Pokemon as their mates (I do this a lot with Drummerdude and TheSirPeras, who I do runthoughs with). A mayhem run is where you make a team, screw if someone is using Heracross like you, and play the game. I did this for 2 reasons: 1) To promote 4th gen games now we have B/W/B2/W2 and 2) Because I was going to play HG and wanted people to play it with me. I may do a 3rd gen one, but that is for much later, and maybe not with you guys. We'll see. Plus it gets us something Pokemon to talk about, not Skyrim or spots or car faces (please no...) or spamming. It's working so far.

And Eevee, I did not get the thing about Tavern Clothes. They have no armor rating for a reason. I picked up some sort of clothing, but it was labelled stolen. Harriet didn't like the look of it (I didn't like the look of it on her) so I dropped it. When I went passed it, it wasn't labelled steal. How odd.
    You brought it up, not me!

I don't feel like posting my progress ATM. Ehh, I'll do a short version. Got seven badges, evolved Bayleef, got (almost) everyone to lvl 33, and am about to fight the Rockets in Goldenrod. Team:

MEGANIUM lvl 33
    NOCTOWL lvl 33
    PINSIR lvl 33
    GYARADOS lvl 31
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Snivy what consoles can you get Skyrim for? It sounds interesting.

The level my in-game team gets to depends on the game. D/P around 60, with one poke lv 100, SS/HG something like 55, with one poke 80ish, and 5th gen games around 75 with two/three pokes lv 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponymon View Post
    I often plan my teams to have just 6 on a runthrough. Sometimes I can replace team members, but having 7 rotating Pokémon seems harder and not very useful.

Anyway, I'm now going for Morty's Gym. I defeated Whitney fairly easily with my newly evolved Nidoking and Quilava and then proceeded to Ecruteak City, where I got Surf and defeated the rival without any trouble. Morty's going to be tough because I have a lot of Normal-type moves...

Current team:

Jupiter (M) Lv23
    Adamant
    - Dig
    - Rock Tomb
    - Headbutt
    - Double Kick

Luna (F) Lv22
    - Headbutt
    - U-turn
    - Foresight (it can help against Morty)
    - Quick Attack

Apollo (M) Lv24
    - Headbutt
    - Quick Attack
    - Flame Wheel
    - Ember

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Total Ranked Double Battle Record: W47 L20
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W54 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

MMO is a massive multiplayer Online game. its gonna be like skyrim online. 1 giant server, each race is part of a different faction that wants control of cyrodil for one reason or another. et 100? or 1000? years before skyrim, cyrodiil collapes and the 3 factions try to gain control there are:

The Aldmeri Dominion - Altmer, Bosmer and Khajiit - represented by a golden eagle
    Ebonheart Pact - Nords, Dunmer and Argonian - represented by a red dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant - Redguard, Orc and Breton - represented by a blue lion

they each have thier own quarter of tamriel (yes ALL of tamriel is accessable), and cyrodil (the center) is a giant PvP area. you can launch raids, start PvP battles, secure holds and keeps for your faction, or just go looting. there will be guild, which i am guessing will be smaller factions within the main faction. its been in development for AGES and looks amazing. i know exacltwy who'll ill be, there appearance, playstyle, skills and role in my guild. i am SOOOOO hyped. released next March-May

Like my new siggy, Inspired by TR!
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Wait... Isn't only the first guy from TR?

they all are. proton, mars, that guy, and whatitsface

Page 444 of 858 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494544 ... LastLast