View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

    6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

    4 40.00%
Page 502 of 843 FirstFirst ... 402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 12,526 to 12,550 of 21052

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

  1. #12526
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mossdeep City, Hoenn
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Scorch, I'm sorry. I hope things get better, take as much time as you need.

    Also, everybuddy who wants my Skype name, it's dakota.folse i don't really do calls, I just IM
    Last edited by meismadatyou; 31st January 2013 at 3:31 AM.

  2. #12527
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gliese 581-G
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    How the hell did I lose this battle? http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...mbattle8830876

    Well anyway, won against Fallen Icarus.

  3. #12528
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Ever have a really good idea for a drawing and then remember you have no drawing ability? I was surfing the net for a artist's concept of Ever Grande City & Elite Four/Mt Chimney but couldn't find either. I should look for uncopywritten maps of Hoenn next.
    N3DS FC: 1220-6591-9030
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Spritzee, Clefairy
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

  4. #12529
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gliese 581-G
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    I have no artistic talent when it comes to drawing 3d figures. I can draw 2d stuff ok, see here, but all of the pokemon concepts I've invented are probably never going to be seen because I can't draw them very well.

  5. #12530
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, England GMT+0
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Oh mygod. I just realised something. I had an AMAZING ambipom but I think I deleted it on my heart gold. Or maybe not. I still have Cody from that game...

  6. #12531
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude View Post
    If you guys dont mind, I'm gonna vanish for a while... Hating my life right now, dont really wanna drag you guys into it. Shade and Hudsonn can skype me i guess, but other than that.... I'm out for now. See ya in maybe a week guys. :'(
    PS: if i'm online in the time I'm gone, it means I'm just reading posts and seeing if i have new breeding requests. Need to find something to occupy myself
    Its gonna get better Scorch! (I think I can skype you too >.>)
    Have craploads of homework even though Chinese New Year is coming up T_T

    @Scorch and Fire Hero: I personally think Smogon is ok, and they dont really "insult" pokemon other than Munchlax. They just point out that some pokemon have more qualities than others and others have more flaws than some.

    @Skyler thats a pretty good map
    Last edited by justinjiaxinghu; 31st January 2013 at 9:49 AM.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  7. #12532
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    @Scorch and Fire Hero: I personally think Smogon is ok, and they dont really "insult" pokemon other than Munchlax. They just point out that some pokemon have more qualities than others and others have more flaws than some.
    Smogon has for a motto that any Pokémon with Flying, Fire, Ice or Bug-typing is worthless because they're weak to their "God-like" move: Stealth Rock (which I never understood why is it that good...). They overhype Pokémon with 4x weakness to Ice (the majority of the Dragons), and Fighting (Tyranitar), as well as a Pokémon with not less than 6 (!!) weaknesses (Terrakion), as if they were gods and had no flaws.

    That's why you see Garchomp, Terrakion, Tyranitar in nearly every OU team. Smogon says they're good, everyone uses them. That's why I hate smogon. It takes out the players creativity. You just need to go there to the OU list and pick 6 random Pokémon.

    PS: I still fiind smogon useful for their analysis, they can give me some ideas, but that doesn't mean that I agree to those opinions.
    Last edited by Fire Hero; 31st January 2013 at 11:03 AM.


        Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

    Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20


    *Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*


  8. #12533
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    Smogon has for a motto that any Pokémon with Flying, Fire, Ice or Bug-typing is worthless because they're weak to their "God-like" move: Stealth Rock (which I never understood why is it that good...). They overhype Pokémon with 4x weakness to Ice (the majority of the Dragons), and Fighting (Tyranitar), as well as a Pokémon with not less than 6 (!!) weaknesses (Terrakion), as if they were gods and had no flaws.

    That's why you see Garchomp, Terrakion, Tyranitar in nearly every OU team. Smogon says they're good, everyone uses them. That's why I hate smogon. It takes out the players creativity. You just need to go there to the OU list and pick 6 random Pokémon.
    THAT is true, but SR is actually quite a good move, it discourages switching out, which is a good thing. And about Terrakion, Garchomp, and T-Tar, that is also true. I almost never use those pokemon, as it gets so boring after a while.

    Playing the lower tier are also more fun, as NU has SOO much more pokemon to pick from
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  9. #12534
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    25

    Default

    So may have finally found a solution to a breeding problem I ran into. After each round of breeding (that I hatch the desired pokemon) I have 1 egg left over from the daycare couple. I usually put these eggs in a box for when I can hatch them later, however I've been too busy to hatch these extra eggs and they have built up in my PC.

    My solution: an eggtra special egg giveaway.
    I'll put 3 random eggs in the trade negotiation and a player chooses one and sends anything (like patrats, purloins, exc) that I can just release (or keep for breeding if its good enough). I have many eggs to get rid of so if any of you are interested let me know! The eggs may contain DWF pokemon, DWM pokemon, egg move pokemon, or regular pokemon, all randomly sorted due to depositing. Pm me with "eggs" as the subject and invite your friends or let me know this is stupid, lol.
    N3DS FC: 1220-6591-9030
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Spritzee, Clefairy
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

  10. #12535
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hall of Origins, with Groudon
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meismadatyou View Post
    Hey everybuddy!

    @Shade, your artshop looks great! I can't have a signature 'cause I'm joining Fizzy Bubbles, but if I could, I would totally request something!

    @RedAce, you live in the south, too?

    @Chili, I would like to see those starters!

    And to add onto the conversation about being friendzoned, I think I might be getting out of the friendzone soon, I think my long-time best friend is beginning to have feelings for me like I have for her.
    Yes I live in the south. Use to live in the west coast, but moved here 18 years ago, will be 19 this feb.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    Smogon has for a motto that any Pokémon with Flying, Fire, Ice or Bug-typing is worthless because they're weak to their "God-like" move: Stealth Rock (which I never understood why is it that good...). They overhype Pokémon with 4x weakness to Ice (the majority of the Dragons), and Fighting (Tyranitar), as well as a Pokémon with not less than 6 (!!) weaknesses (Terrakion), as if they were gods and had no flaws.

    That's why you see Garchomp, Terrakion, Tyranitar in nearly every OU team. Smogon says they're good, everyone uses them. That's why I hate smogon. It takes out the players creativity. You just need to go there to the OU list and pick 6 random Pokémon.

    PS: I still fiind smogon useful for their analysis, they can give me some ideas, but that doesn't mean that I agree to those opinions.
    I 100% agree about smogan making anything weak against SR useless or pokemon with 4X weakness are just pointless, trust me, with the right set up. Rhyperior can be a beast, just set up duel screen, sandstom, and make sure he has soild rock. He should survie a bit longer, but still. Water can be delt with by sun and his grass delt with by fire, but which he learns. Now on the Garchomp, Terrakion, and Tyranitar mentioning, I only half agree. They are very effective pokemon, I use Tyranitar a lot, but normally for just a hard hitter, SR, set up user. Also for sand teams. But now do I call them Gods? No, but they are tough pokemon and some of the best, just like Salamance, but now what I do agree is when they do over hype them or what ever it does cause people to be very uncreative, like building a entire team of legends ^^; But to be honest I only use Garchomp and Tyranitar because I fell in love with them when they first came out in P/D series, I always loved them, now Terrakion I will be honest, I really only used after hearing how good he was, I did like him before hand, but he just didn't seem to scream my name to use. So I'm a tad bit guilty on what you were saying about folks only using them, but after I used him, I grew to like him, since he fits my style, fast, bulky, and a hard hitter.

    But to put it short, smogan has a lot of flaws when it comes to fair reviews, serebii here has been guilty of the same, but at least it's not done as often and they tend to not over hype as much ^^; I like all tiers by the way, I just like to use what ever I want or what fits my taste. So I'm not one of those that just uses OU only, if my team does have OU only, then it is just a coincidence. Also I agree about seeing what they have listed as far as moveset and such, I too don;t use the same or ever what they have listed for said pokemon and heck, I sometimes find better options. But what I find funny is when I find a set they say is good on said pokemon and I can find a dozen ways of either shutting it down with little to no effort at all, or just find a far better set that isn't even listed and any novice could think of it :/ I also review what serebii says on here as well, I mean reviewing more than one site is better. Also what is your thought on when smogan says an Item sucks or whatever? I mean Iron Ball may make your pokemon slow, but a prankster with trick or such can easly screw up the salamance or garchomp, you know. Heck a few items they called useless... I found a few ways they could be used. You just have to think, which seems like they don't do :/ I know I don;t have to follow their rules or what not, but it gets pretty annoying when you have 80% of the pokemon metagame following thier every word :/
    Proud to be Apart of the Hoenn League Land Sector


    [Credit to Mew_ for the Banner Above]

    [Check the Clan out Today] - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Hoenn-Triangle

    Red Ace is my name, and Ace is my Game!

    Pokemon Black II FC / RedAce 2280 4499 3152
    Pokemon Black Y FC / RedAce 2595 1158 0379

    Pokedex Y is Completed as 02/23/14

    Wish List


    Snivy / Contrary
    Vivillon / In it's Marine Pattern, Savanna Pattern, and Jungle Patterns with a Modest Nature and it's hidden ability

    My Friend Safari spawns - Munna, Xatu, and Espurr

  11. #12536
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, England GMT+0
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Ok phew I still have my ambipom

    Ambipom lv. 76 @razor fang
    Bashful nature
    Ability: pickup
    Dig
    Shadow claw
    Hyper beam
    Solar beam

    I caught my Latias on April 1st...
    Last edited by Shade2000; 31st January 2013 at 4:49 PM.

  12. #12537
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedAce♠ View Post
    I know I don;t have to follow their rules or what not, but it gets pretty annoying when you have 80% of the pokemon metagame following thier every word :/
    To put it short, this is the problem, and the reason why I hate this all "metagame" stuff. When I played with my friends with the link cable back in GSC and RSE, those were the times lol

    And it's true those Pokémon are strong, but they have flaws, and severe ones. Some that smogon hides and that make them stupidly overused. Come on, Salamence has a chance to be OHKOed by Sawsbuck's Double-Edge which is a NU Pokémon (and therefore worthless) for them. Latios dies to anything physical and Terrakion has 6 (!!) exploitable weaknesses (remember Celebi is put down because it has only one more...).

    Worse than that is that smogon makes me hate certain cool Pokémon like Garchomp. I love dragons and some like Salamence and Hydreigon are part of my main teams, but Garchomp was so overhyped that I came to hate it before I got the chance to like it. I'll make sure I try not to enter smogon as soon as X and Y come out, so I can decide on my own who's strong and not start hating the overhyped Pokémon as soon as they're out xD

    But each one plays like he/she likes. I'm going for the "play for fun and lose" way xD

    EDIT: Scorch, any news about the fighting tournament?
    Last edited by Fire Hero; 31st January 2013 at 5:19 PM.


        Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

    Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20


    *Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*


  13. #12538
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    haverhill suffolk
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    To put it short, this is the problem, and the reason why I hate this all "metagame" stuff. When I played with my friends with the link cable back in GSC and RSE, those were the times lol

    And it's true those Pokémon are strong, but they have flaws, and severe ones. Some that smogon hides and that make them stupidly overused. Come on, Salamence has a chance to be OHKOed by Sawsbuck's Double-Edge which is a NU Pokémon (and therefore worthless) for them. Latios dies to anything physical and Terrakion has 6 (!!) exploitable weaknesses (remember Celebi is put down because it has only one more...).

    Worse than that is that smogon makes me hate certain cool Pokémon like Garchomp. I love dragons and some like Salamence and Hydreigon are part of my main teams, but Garchomp was so overhyped that I came to hate it before I got the chance to like it. I'll make sure I try not to enter smogon as soon as X and Y come out, so I can decide on my own who's strong and not start hating the overhyped Pokémon as soon as they're out xD

    But each one plays like he/she likes. I'm going for the "play for fun and lose" way xD

    EDIT: Scorch, any news about the fighting tournament?
    I see what you mean but can't you just ignore the factor? All I really use smogon for is to see teirs, if you like a pokemon and can find an effective way to use it I don't think it matters as to what smogon says. So long as you can work with your pokemon to get the best out of them I see no reason to not use a certain pokemon. Yes they make some pokemon over used and makes the whole personal level to the team less but if its not your team and you use what you want I see no reason for it to annoy you... Sorry if I'm being stupid or anything.
    Pokemon trainer, beating one trainer a day

    The Hoenn Triagnle status:
    BP: 100

    Made by Shade2000

  14. #12539
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Shade, have you started my shop request, i dont mind, but i wanted to see if i could make a change to the form. i dont mind if youve already done it though.
    Leader of The Hoenn Triangle's



  15. #12540
    Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude's Avatar
    Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude is offline 物語は既に神と悪魔の手を離れて独り歩き
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Stark Mountain
    Posts
    5

    Default

    @Everyone: Ok, guess i couldnt stay away long...
    @Nuno: Well, I am assuming a live tourney is a flunk. I wuz waiting for permission from Ninja, Shade, or Hudsonn to post the rules here, and then I wuz gonna post official rules for the actual tourney in the guild tournament section

    ^ Thanks to Shade2000 ^
    New Attempt at a Team: ;715; ;666;

  16. #12541
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fallen Far From the Sky
    Posts
    842

    Default

    anyone up for a vgc or uu battle?
    @sky
    i was honestly not expecting that at all..... D:
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

  17. #12542
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweg City
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude View Post
    If you guys dont mind, I'm gonna vanish for a while... Hating my life right now, dont really wanna drag you guys into it. Shade and Hudsonn can skype me i guess, but other than that.... I'm out for now. See ya in maybe a week guys. :'(
    PS: if i'm online in the time I'm gone, it means I'm just reading posts and seeing if i have new breeding requests. Need to find something to occupy myself
    0.o Wut? Don't leave! I'll Skype you still though.

    I apologize to you all, the router is still acting up so I will be less active or about the next few days or so. And in other news.... I FOUND MY POKEMON WHITE VERSION THAT I LOST A FEW MONTHS AGO THAT HAD ALL MY SHINIES AND STARTERS AND EVENTS AND LEGENDARIES AND EV'd POKEMON!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

    If anyone wants to PO battle me I'll be on the Pokémon Online server for the next hour. I'm [THT]Hudsonn98
    Signature edited due to exceeding font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  18. #12543
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweg City
    Posts
    351

    Default

    GGRGRGRG! My computer froze and PO wouldn't let me click an attack so I lost a battle...I hate technology sometimes.
    Signature edited due to exceeding font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  19. #12544
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gliese 581-G
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    Freekin stuff.

    Hm.



    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by poix_the_yak; 1st February 2013 at 12:58 AM.

  20. #12545
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hall of Origins, with Groudon
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    To put it short, this is the problem, and the reason why I hate this all "metagame" stuff. When I played with my friends with the link cable back in GSC and RSE, those were the times lol

    And it's true those Pokémon are strong, but they have flaws, and severe ones. Some that smogon hides and that make them stupidly overused. Come on, Salamence has a chance to be OHKOed by Sawsbuck's Double-Edge which is a NU Pokémon (and therefore worthless) for them. Latios dies to anything physical and Terrakion has 6 (!!) exploitable weaknesses (remember Celebi is put down because it has only one more...).

    Worse than that is that smogon makes me hate certain cool Pokémon like Garchomp. I love dragons and some like Salamence and Hydreigon are part of my main teams, but Garchomp was so overhyped that I came to hate it before I got the chance to like it. I'll make sure I try not to enter smogon as soon as X and Y come out, so I can decide on my own who's strong and not start hating the overhyped Pokémon as soon as they're out xD

    But each one plays like he/she likes. I'm going for the "play for fun and lose" way xD

    EDIT: Scorch, any news about the fighting tournament?
    Acutally most Salamence can Ok a Sawsbuck, due to the fact most of them carry a fire move of some kind, but I see what you mean. My Latios never has a problem with physical attacks, just dealing with some of the stronger dark types :/ Also my Terrakion has kicked a lot of butt and again, only defeated by top level threats, but not saying your wrong competly. Also I really hate how they bring celebii down so much, it is a decent poke. Just like mew, you still can't beat the fact mew can learn any tm and he learns transform which they to think sucks... Mew can be a real pain or heck any of those 100 base across the board can, since they aren't tied down to a single role period. Which makes it harder to counter. Garchomp is simply a sweeper, Blissey is simply a wall/healer, most of these pokes can either do one task good or two, but when you have a poke with a even 100 stat across the board, then you have a headache in countering :/ I still believe Mew should be OU, maybe not uber anymore, because it isn't broken, but for it to have a very fast movepool and if the creators made it learn every move period like it's much weaker cousin smergle, than mew would be a top threat of top threats. Shell smash+White Herb+V-create O_O Don't even get started under sunlight.

    I use to fight cable battles too, been playing since Red and Blue, but didn't have alot of friends to play with or people to fight since I kicked a lot of butt in my day and never lost, which made me sad since no one wanted to play and when I finally got someone to fight me, someone who remebered me or saw my match would tell them not to battle me, unless you want to lose :/ It really sucked, but now I can't seem to get many wins at all now and very few people to fight who won't turn the DS off just because they are loseing... I really wish they never made pokemon so math like with all this IV BS, I was fine with nature and EV, but the IV was a step too far. But I guess that is just the way it is, I still train my pokes for competive battles, not really metagame, because I like to have fun and not be restricted by stupid rules. That's why I'm glad I ment this place, and have at least a few people I can battle and are great friends even if I only know them online, which is the way pokemon use to be, none of this stupid hacking or making up stupid rules to help the weaklings or create players who only think of winning. Also why can't they give some of these pokemon a stat boost? I mean alot of these pokemon where in gen 1 and were weak to start with, but now already in gen 5, they just seem unfairly outmatched. That's not fair, I mean I know you say to have fun, but when I'm playing I except to be able to use some old schools and still rock the place and not have it die but a base 40 move or do 20% damage :/ They really need to do an over haul for alot of the old gens pokes to make them useable and one last thing, to make gyarados a pure water, not a stupid water/flying... it has brough him nothing but pain, a 4x weakness to electric is not too threating :/ But it does give him a grass def, but again, he can't learn flying moves and he really doesn't fly and I have never seen him fly either, seems pretty stupid. But that is the end of my rant
    Proud to be Apart of the Hoenn League Land Sector


    [Credit to Mew_ for the Banner Above]

    [Check the Clan out Today] - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Hoenn-Triangle

    Red Ace is my name, and Ace is my Game!

    Pokemon Black II FC / RedAce 2280 4499 3152
    Pokemon Black Y FC / RedAce 2595 1158 0379

    Pokedex Y is Completed as 02/23/14

    Wish List


    Snivy / Contrary
    Vivillon / In it's Marine Pattern, Savanna Pattern, and Jungle Patterns with a Modest Nature and it's hidden ability

    My Friend Safari spawns - Munna, Xatu, and Espurr

  21. #12546
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Rack City
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I feel so sick, gotta go to school tomorrow though
    My name is Gregory. You may call me Gregory, Greg, or anything else you want.
    My favorite Pokemon is Zoroark, but only due to it's gimmick and design. It looks amazing and it's super cool in the way they made it.
    I've been here over two years as of May, ayy!
    Top Five Games:
    One) Dragon Age: Origins
    Two) Pokemon Firered Version
    Three) Skyrim
    Four) Titanfall
    Five) Pokemon Black Version

  22. #12547
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    25

    Default

    You know you may be a pokemon addict when you are up at 2am trading with someone in the UK at 7am for them just because the other one has 13 DWFs you don't have.
    N3DS FC: 1220-6591-9030
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Spritzee, Clefairy
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

  23. #12548
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, England GMT+0
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    Shade, have you started my shop request, i dont mind, but i wanted to see if i could make a change to the form. i dont mind if youve already done it though.
    Haven't started yet

  24. #12549
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    Freekin stuff.

    Hm.



    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    LOL did you make those videos?
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  25. #12550
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweg City
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cronkr View Post
    You know you may be a pokemon addict when you are up at 2am trading with someone in the UK at 7am for them just because the other one has 13 DWFs you don't have.
    Haha...that just made my day!
    Signature edited due to exceeding font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Page 502 of 843 FirstFirst ... 402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •