View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 532 of 859 FirstFirst ... 432482522528529530531532533534535536542582632 ... LastLast
Results 13,276 to 13,300 of 21462

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

I taught my Sandslash Stealth Rock to make things a tad easier

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Charizard and Lapras are weak to Rock. Pikachu goes down to a Ground type move. Sandslash is good.

I've got 2 ideas for either Uber or UU. I won't share them now. I give everyone until 8am tomorrow to make their tier choice. UU OR UBER.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 19th February 2013 at 12:11 PM.

Umm, hmm. If it's PO, I'll participate. I vote Uber (although UU sounds great)
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I said it was PO and PS. Opponents will have to agree on something in order to battle.

So we have:

2 Uber
    1 UU

And my idea didn't work as i'd planned it to, as Abomasnow cannot go in the Uber tier. So my hail team failed.

But we STILL have 7 people left to vote. Do we still want to vote? Or do we just pick a tier and be done with it? I think the majority of people will pick Ubers.

Just do Ubers.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Ubers it is! I'll make the rules now!

The Hoenn Triangle --- Ubers Tournament
    - Standard Ubers rules apply, as do Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown rules (Sleep Clause)
    - Smogon's tier list are the Pokemon we will be using. Pokemon from OU, UU, RU and maybe NU as well in the Ubers tier may be used.
    - These battles are best of 3, so you battle TWICE and whoever wins both battles is the winner. If by that point there is no winner, you battle again to decide.
    - A win is 3 points, and a loss is 1 point. A tie (for whatever reason) is 2 points.

- We will be doing this in 'Rounds'. Everyone will be put against someone in the clan. The winner and the defeated will be noted. When everyone has battled, the 5 winners will battle each other, and the winner with the most points wins, the second and third people with the most points from the winners group also winning a prize.
    - The other 5 people (the Defeated) will do the same, and the people with the highest points from that group will also receive prizes. Like an Everyone Battles Everyone sort of thing. The first battles decide where you will be put. Then you battle everyone in your group, and the top 3 people with the most points in the group will get prizes. So there'll be 6 prizes.
    - Battles will be done on Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown.
    http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/uber
    Ubers tier (Smogon). From there you can get the rest of the tiers to look up the Pokemon you wish to use.

I beat Red with my level 60ish team. I basically knocked out Pikachu after setting up Stealth Rock with Earthquake with my Sandslash which had Bright Powder to try and avoid the risk of being Iron Tailed to death. I then switched in with Snorlax and used Sunny Day when he sent out Lapras to get rid of Hail, then after Snorlax got knocked out, used a couple of Sand Attacks from Sandslash before he got knocked out, then switched in Feraligatr and managed to pull off 6 X-Specials, 6 X-Attacks, 6 X-Special Defence, 6 x-Defence, 3 X-Speed and a Dire Hit and then swept the rest of his team haha ^^;

I know that's the amateur way to do it

And those rules sound good, Snivy. When are you planning on starting the tournament?

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Looks like I have to learn how to use PO or PS, to Google!
    N3DS FC: 1220-6591-9030
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Spritzee, Clefairy
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

Hmm... lets say by Friday 22nd February (this coming friday). Teams must be made by this point. You may post your team here to get it looked at (to be improved) and then n Friday we battle. I probably won't be on at the weekend, but on Sunday I can battle, and Friday morning (about 10am).

Seeing as no one is on, I'm going to begin making my Ubers team, for PS.

Giratina- O@ Griseous Orb
    Lonely Nature (+Atk/-Def)
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    Trait: Levitate
    - Draco Meteor
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Dragon Tail
    - Will 'O Wisp

The first choice on my team. Giratina is a powerful threat in its own right, as Draco Meteor and Shadow Sneak do huge chunks of damage to its foes. Dragon Tail is so Giratina can be a spinblocker (it's a Ghost type) and Will 'O Wisp is so I can burn annoying Pokemon like Tyranitar, Groudon, Kyurem B and Zekrom, all are powerful physical attackers.

Forretress@ Leftovers
    Careful Nature (+SpD/-SpA)
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Trait: Sturdy
    - Spikes
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Volt Switch

Forretress becomes my second choice, to tank Dragon and Ice moves aimed at Giratina. Spikes and Toxic Spikes helps to rack up damage until I can use Giratina or another Pokemon to finish off the weakened threats. Giratina also acts as a spinblocker to make sure the hazards stay where they are.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 19th February 2013 at 1:49 PM.

So might already be addicted to PS. Was able to build a team I've been planning and gathering pieces for. Lost in a blaze of glory but was fun none the less!

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu10112477
    Last edited by Cronkr; 19th February 2013 at 2:40 PM.
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

I'm sure we will.

An epic battle with Snivy ended in a draw after our walls couldn't beat each other. I love PS now, might give my DS a break for a few days.... lol

Blissey vs Vaporeon in Rain. Never ending Battle of the Walls.

Username: Wintendo
    PO name: Wintendo( I use Showdown, does that count?)
    Friend Code: N/A
    Desired Division: Land
    Favourite Pokemon: Mawile
    Referrer: ME

I usually am only on around the weekends, barring vacations and summer. I am not new to competitive battling, but I haven't been using anything but Wi-Fi until fairly recently.
    Also, I love NU. Mawile's in it, as well as Seismitoad, Grovyle and other underrated pokemon.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post

I usually am only on around the weekends, barring vacations and summer. I am not new to competitive battling, but I haven't been using anything but Wi-Fi until fairly recently.
    Also, I love NU. Mawile's in it, as well as Seismitoad, Grovyle and other underrated pokemon.
    Hi, there. I remember once using Mawile in a Diamond playthrough, and though I never finished that one, I was impressed with its performance, actually.

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Hi, there. I remember once using Mawile in a Diamond playthrough, and though I never finished that one, I was impressed with its performance, actually.
    I use it on Showdown XD
    But the way I use it could literally be used in any tier...

A new member! We get a lot of those lately... I can't submit you though. I'm in your sector though. And I can't actually say if you passed Hudsonn and Eevee's 'test'. You did say the word...

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    A new member! We get a lot of those lately... I can't submit you though. I'm in your sector though. And I can't actually say if you passed Hudsonn and Eevee's 'test'. You did say the word...
    'Test'? Are you saying I have to battle someone to get in or something? Wrestle a troll?

I would be interested in the Uber Tournament
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

Conkr PMed me the rules, does that mean it's official, or am I in stage 1?
    My Showdown team is ready if I need to be tested. Format is NU.

UU and PO again. If its PS could someone tell me how to use it?

Sig under construction

Started my adventure in XD over again, time to throw away every spare minute of my life for about a week.

so today my friend always brags about how hes so great at pokemon among my group or whatever. He asked me if i wanted to battle and i sweeped his whole team with my brightpowder+sandstorm garchomp. Lol he was getting so frustrated xD

also i still need a dwf eevee >.<

3DS FC: 0173 2372 4701
    Black FC: 1722 0078 8716
    White 2 FC: 3654 8488 7686

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post

I'll give it to you. You are ACCEPTED! The test Snivy was talking about was that you had to put Grovyle in your sign up so we know you read the rules. Welcome to THT. I'm the leader - Hudsonn

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    Ubers it is! I'll make the rules now!

The Hoenn Triangle --- Ubers Tournament
    - Standard Ubers rules apply, as do Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown rules (Sleep Clause)
    - Smogon's tier list are the Pokemon we will be using. Pokemon from OU, UU, RU and maybe NU as well in the Ubers tier may be used.
    - These battles are best of 3, so you battle TWICE and whoever wins both battles is the winner. If by that point there is no winner, you battle again to decide.
    - A win is 3 points, and a loss is 1 point. A tie (for whatever reason) is 2 points.

- We will be doing this in 'Rounds'. Everyone will be put against someone in the clan. The winner and the defeated will be noted. When everyone has battled, the 5 winners will battle each other, and the winner with the most points wins, the second and third people with the most points from the winners group also winning a prize.
    - The other 5 people (the Defeated) will do the same, and the people with the highest points from that group will also receive prizes. Like an Everyone Battles Everyone sort of thing. The first battles decide where you will be put. Then you battle everyone in your group, and the top 3 people with the most points in the group will get prizes. So there'll be 6 prizes.
    - Battles will be done on Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown.
    http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/uber
    Ubers tier (Smogon). From there you can get the rest of the tiers to look up the Pokemon you wish to use.
    I'll enter your tournament.

Page 532 of 859 FirstFirst ... 432482522528529530531532533534535536542582632 ... LastLast