View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 588 of 859 FirstFirst ... 488538578584585586587588589590591592598638688 ... LastLast
Results 14,676 to 14,700 of 21475

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

I'm gonna make an OU (or maybe UU) team revolving around corsola. I think it can be done.

Kinda hope corsola gets an evolution so I can give it eviolite though..

corsola is such an adorable wall XD
    it tries so hard but never quite makes it

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    I'm gonna make an OU (or maybe UU) team revolving around corsola. I think it can be done.

Kinda hope corsola gets an evolution so I can give it eviolite though..
    me too it would be totally boss! I hope it gets a really cool design.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    corsola is such an adorable wall XD
    it tries so hard but never quite makes it
    Corsola can do it if she tries hard enough!! which she already has!
    Last edited by The Exalt; 14th April 2013 at 10:20 PM.
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

yvetal, smogon isnt everything. i think its all good and well having its own rules and tiers, which i respect when i play on a smogon server or a battle arranged over smogon. but its taking over pokemon. when i played a random wifi battle on my heart gold on my DSi, they said, standard rules. like wtf?, if an item or pokemon is made its made to be used. i dont agree with pokemon being made to battle pokemon with equal or less use. i think you should be able to have legendary, pseudo legendaries, regular pokemon, and NFEs in a team without having to go into an Uber tier where its nothing but legendaries. i really do dislike smogon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    yvetal, smogon isnt everything. i think its all good and well having its own rules and tiers, which i respect when i play on a smogon server or a battle arranged over smogon. but its taking over pokemon. when i played a random wifi battle on my heart gold on my DSi, they said, standard rules. like wtf?, if an item or pokemon is made its made to be used. i dont agree with pokemon being made to battle pokemon with equal or less use. i think you should be able to have legendary, pseudo legendaries, regular pokemon, and NFEs in a team without having to go into an Uber tier where its nothing but legendaries. i really do dislike smogon.
    Smogon helps to regulate competitive battling. If it wasn't separated into tiers, there would literally be only an uber tier. :#
    This way, you can play a pokemon you like in the tier it fits without it being rendered completely useless due to endless reshirams, darkrais, and arceuses running around
    Smogon hits it right most of the time, and if the pokemon you like isn't in the highest tier, no one's stopping you from playing it in ubers.
    Anyway, not having this debate right now >.>

We should have a tournament. O_____O
    Seriously.

P.S. There are only 2 non legendary pokemon in Ubers :'D
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    Simply... Agreed. I agree with what you said there Ninja Eevee.
    Proud to be Apart of the Hoenn League Land Sector

Credit goes to sworn metalhead of dćdric design

[Check the Clan out Today] - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Hoenn-Triangle

Pokemon Black II FC / RedAce 2280 4499 3152
    Pokemon Black Y FC / RedAce 2595 1158 0379

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
    Smogon helps to regulate competitive battling. If it wasn't separated into tiers, there would literally be only an uber tier. :#
    This way, you can play a pokemon you like in the tier it fits without it being rendered completely useless due to endless reshirams, darkrais, and arceuses running around
    Smogon hits it right most of the time, and if the pokemon you like isn't in the highest tier, no one's stopping you from playing it in ubers.
    Anyway, not having this debate right now >.>
    This is true. Without tiers everyone would be using the same pokemon. Those who didn't would be losing. I hate to say it but it's true. As a huge fan of underappreciated pokemon, I think it's sad but necessary. Tiers are really the only way that competitive battling can work, unless you are fighting a friend and can agree on certain limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by RedAce♠ View Post
    Simply... Agreed. I agree with what you said there Ninja Eevee.
    but without tiers it would be a whole mash of crap all into one tier
    i would love to see a spinda hold it's own against a palkia

Ask me stupid stuff

Yes, that is how me and Norns used to battle, no tiers but set restrictions. So there was to OHKO moves, a status move ban, a rollout ban after I sweeped her team with it. And stuff like that. But they mostly hindered me.
    I get most of my strategies in game, and use Pokemon I like to their full potential, like excadrill, which is a good double battler alongside emolga. And since people always try and beat 'drill first cuz he's apparently smogon uber, 'Molga comes and beats them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    I find this immensely helpful: http://nuggetbridge.com/breeding/ev-...ack-2-white-2/

And Norns, are you using X-items? If you have loads of healing items, then just spam the defensive ones first (with Mammoswine), until the attacks do pretty much nothing, then go for speed and attack and dire hits. Of course, it's a pretty cheap method (not in terms of money, though)
    Thank you Roseheart!
    And guys, is Smogon really that bad? It just seperates pokemon into different sections so that they can actually compete against each other. And like Yveltal said, a Spinda against a Palkia? Not very entertaining.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    Yes, that is how me and Norns used to battle, no tiers but set restrictions. So there was to OHKO moves, a status move ban, a rollout ban after I sweeped her team with it. And stuff like that. But they mostly hindered me.
    Yeah, we recognised what was unfair and made it even. You had better pokes because your Pearl was pre-owned.

If it wasn't for Smogon, competitive Pokemon would be a mess. As Ninja said, people would only use Ubers. But it's not always good to use Smogon, I like mixing tiers.

I need a good wi-fi team that isn't too hard to EV train. I'd mainly like to use Pokemon with high attack and speed, with a wall and a Poké to set up stuff like Spikes and Reflect. I don't care about tiers, I'd prefer a mix. So far, I'm thinking about including a Leavanny, but I'll need something to counter Flying types that could KO it easily. I thought about a Lapras earlier since Iris's one thrashed my Unfezant (I beat Iris, by the way. Mamoswine defeated half of her team, including Haxorus and Archeops). So that's Leavanny (which will be trained in speed and attack, I'll give it Swords Dance and probably Leaf Blade and X-Scissor, not sure what it's last move will be) and Lapras (Surf, Ice Beam, I'll see what other moves I can give it). I'd like to use a Chansey/Blissey as my wall, but I'm not sure about the rest of my team members. Help?
    Last edited by Ponymon; 15th April 2013 at 1:24 PM.
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

Guys I think Beedril should be OU

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    Guys I think Beedril should be OU
    Beedrill FTW
    why is that skyler?

Ask me stupid stuff

its not that tiers stop underappreaciating pokemon get used its just that when i go to smogon for movesets (which i do regular despite my views) all i see in the description is, this pokemon is bad, it cant even take on a scarfed x or a certain ability pokemon in the same tier. they give very good pokemon bad images based on its survivabilty in its tier. if they just said, very good option, not the best, and gave movesets for conutering not just big sets in the tier

I agree with eevee and do the same sometimes. But I like samurott 'molga and charizard, they're all NU they are all great battlers, even against ou and such. So I semi agree with smogon.

@norns, I think leavanny and lapras are great I think you should also use an electric type, infernape (cuz they suit you) and a ghost or dark type to get rid of psychic counters for infernape. Then a sturdy normal type, Chansey, like you said.

I disagree with Smogon sometimes. Like with Corsola, everyone says she is bad but she is really good if you train her the right way!
    Latest Shiny!

Hey anyone want to battle? I need to test out my team. Doubles.

Hey anyone want to battle? I need to test out my team. Doubles.
    Crap, I could've battled you but I didn't see this.

I might use a Zoroark (probably spelt wrong) and have Infernape at the back of my team. But then, Zoroark are really common and I'd rather use something else. Maybe an Umbreon. And if I do use an electric type, I'll try out Magnezone. Maybe I can use my scarf setup from an old OU team. So...

Leavanny - Focusing on atk and spd, Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, X-Scissor and ?
    Lapras - haven't decided yet
    Infernape (possibly, not sure) - not sure on Pokemon, so I won't think about it's stats and moves yet
    Zoroark/Umbreon or a different dark type - same as above
    Magnezone - Scarf.
    Chansey - evolite, Toxic, Seismic Toss, Wish, Protect

It'll be hell training these.
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

Crap i want to play doubles as well....

William, we really need to play OU sometime together >.>

Crap i want to play doubles as well....

William, we really need to play OU sometime together >.>
    True I think I have an OU team ready I might be able to play tomorrow
    Latest Shiny!

Will your corsola be one of those members?

I agree with eevee and do the same sometimes. But I like samurott 'molga and charizard, they're all NU they are all great battlers, even against ou and such. So I semi agree with smogon.

@norns, I think leavanny and lapras are great I think you should also use an electric type, infernape (cuz they suit you) and a ghost or dark type to get rid of psychic counters for infernape. Then a sturdy normal type, Chansey, like you said.
    I can sorta understand the first two, but I can't comprehend how Charizard can be good in OU. Even on a sun team.

A Charizard is not that awesome of a pokemon to have in a wi-fi battle..... one of those more broken fire starters does much better. ike Infernape, for instance.

Here's a purely hypothetical question.
    Would replying to a member that is not a part of the guild be counted as replying to spam and therefore infracted?

Anyway, Charizard sucks. Samurott sucks too. No offense but they do. I personally love Samurott and all.... but....

Will your corsola be one of those members?
    It's not OU so probably not if we did NU that's a different story
    Latest Shiny!

Page 588 of 859 FirstFirst ... 488538578584585586587588589590591592598638688 ... LastLast