View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 615 of 859 FirstFirst ... 515565605611612613614615616617618619625665715 ... LastLast
Results 15,351 to 15,375 of 21466

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Oh yeah, the new PMD. I knew it came out in May, wasn't sure when. Sounds good, but the fact that there isn't a personality thingy is annoying.

I don't do UU so I can't help .-.
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

@Skyler yeah use Rhyperior. It has a monstrous base 130 Defense and 140 Attack, and is a solid check to Raikou as well which is a big threat in the UU metagame.

Chapter 6 of my Fanfic is out!
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Anyone know any RU tanks? I'm thinking for my RU wall I might use Quagsire.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    And get Sky because it has that extra part and Pokemon. And shaymin.
    Note: these games have a massive effect on your favourite Pokemon.
    Gengar is on PMD Sky? I'm so tempted to go get the game but I know if I do I won't have time to play W2 and finish my competitive team.

Also, do people play strictly to Smogon tiers here or is there a healthy mix? The team I am working on right now is a collective of several tiers. I could post it here if you folks don't mind taking a look.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Anyone know any RU tanks? I'm thinking for my RU wall I might use Quagsire.
    Quagsire is good, but Tangrowth and Slowking is an amazing defensive core (They also both have access to Regenerator). Tangrowth is the closest thing we have to a physical Blissey, while Slowking is just so versatile and has nicely rounded stats (excluding speed). Another underrated wall is Miltank, but I prefer the semi-offensive set better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gamma View Post
    Gengar is on PMD Sky? I'm so tempted to go get the game but I know if I do I won't have time to play W2 and finish my competitive team.

Also, do people play strictly to Smogon tiers here or is there a healthy mix? The team I am working on right now is a collective of several tiers. I could post it here if you folks don't mind taking a look.
    There is a healthy mix. Some members here hate Smogon, while some, like me, are ok with their decisions.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

So I restarted Black 2 so I could get double the Deoxys action. I started with Snivy but ditched it as soon as I did what 99.9% of the BW2 population did and used a Riolu - a Pokémon I've never used before. It's relatively good. Any suggestions on what to get next? I'm thinking getting an Eevee and trading it to White to get my favorite Eevee-lution - Leafeon. Maybe I'll use a Koffing...or a Sandshrew. Or maybe even an Onix.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Try using Magmortar. It's a B2 exclusive. Also maybe use Heracross/Pinsir or Vespiquen?

To counter Icarus's Sand LC team, I'll be using a Hail team. I'm kind of forced to use Smogon EVs, as I have no clue how the EVs actually work.

Snover@ Eviolite
    Quiet Nature (+SpA/-Spe)
    36 HP / 104 Atk / 36 Def / 184 SpA / 116 SpD
    Snow Warning
    Blizzard | Giga Drain | Hidden Power {Fire} | Ice Shard
    Info: Snover is needed on a Hail team to work. I like bulky sets for weather inducers, and this is as bulky as you get.

Chinchou@ Eviolite
    Modest Nature (+SpA/-Atk)
    52 Def / 232 SpA / 224 Spe
    Volt Absorb
    Hydro Pump | Volt Switch | Hidden Power {Grass} | Heal Bell
    Info: Chinchou is a great check to Murkrow, who really wrecks Snover. It's also quite a good all- around support Pokémon that can hold it's own. I decided for this set over the RestTalk set, because RestTalk annoys me.

Murkrow@ Life Orb
    Naďve Nature (+Spe/-SpD)
    240 Atk / 80 SpA / 188 Spe
    Insomnia
    Drill Peck | Heat Wave | Sucker Punch | Hidden Power {Grass
    Info: Murkrow acts as a great Fighting check for a Hail team, and also supports Chinchou by checking Misdreavus. I went with an offensive set because it's here for offence.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 19th May 2013 at 6:17 PM.

I don't think Smogon is all bad, but some of it's suggestions are a bit counterintuitive. I prefer using it as a guideline at best.

By the way, what do you guys think of my new signature? I made it with photoshop just yesterday but no one has mentioned anything about it

Looks good! Suits you lol. I'm going to shift my team posts here now.

Snover@ Eviolite
    Quiet Nature (+SpA/-Spe)
    36 HP / 104 Atk / 36 Def / 184 SpA / 116 SpD
    Snow Warning
    Blizzard | Giga Drain | Hidden Power {Fire} | Ice Shard
    Info: Snover is needed on a Hail team to work. I like bulky sets for weather inducers, and this is as bulky as you get.

Chinchou@ Eviolite
    52 Def / 232 SpA / 224 Spe
    Volt Absorb
    Hydro Pump | Volt Switch | Hidden Power {Grass} | Heal Bell
    Info: Chinchou is a great check to Murkrow, who really wrecks Snover. It's also quite a good all- around support Pokémon that can hold it's own. I decided for this set over the RestTalk set, because RestTalk annoys me.

Murkrow@ Life Orb
    Naďve Nature (+Spe/-SpD)
    240 Atk / 80 SpA / 188 Spe
    Insomnia
    Drill Peck | Heat Wave | Sucker Punch | Hidden Power {Grass
    Info: Murkrow acts as a great Fighting check for a Hail team, and also supports Chinchou by checking Misdreavus. I went with an offensive set because it's here for offense.

Mienfoo@ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature (+Spe/-SpA)
    236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
    Regenerator
    High Jump Kick | U- Turn | Stone Edge | Fake Out
    Info: Mienfoo acts as a great physical offense, and can easily KO most Steel types who try and switch in. I went with a Life Orb set here for power.

Drilbur@ Eviolite
    Jolly Nature (+Spe/-SpA)
    36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
    Mold Breaker
    Rapid Spin | Stealth Rock | Earthquake | Rock Slide
    Info: Drilbur is a great spinner, and it learns Stealth Rock! This is great, and it supports my team really well.

Vanillite@ Choice Scarf
    72 HP / 36 Def / 160 SpA / 120 SpD / 88 Spe
    Ice Body
    Blizzard | Flash Cannon | Water Pulse | Hidden Power {Fighting}
    Info: Needed one Hail abuser, and a Scarf user. Vanillite fit perfectly.

Although I'm worried about a Fire weakness (2 weak to it, 3 are neutral and 1 resist), the team works rather well. Might switch something for a Fire/Dragon type. Maybe Murkrow.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 19th May 2013 at 6:33 PM.

The sig is cool. The gengar is cute. You should be in the ground sector, we are arty people. But since the dark ages we haven't got any members. Oh weellll.

Played some HG today. Caught sentret and got to Violet City.

Col. Testing my LC team.

EDIT: Right, I have no walls to fall back on, Drilbur doesn't do anything for this team, and Murkrow isn't that useful. I'm probably going to switch Murkrow for a physically defensive Misdreavus, find a special wall that can set up Stealth Rock, and yeah. Might switch Chinchou's set...
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 19th May 2013 at 7:01 PM.

@Snivy...I would use Heracross (you know it's my favorite Pokémon) but I'm already using it in both my SS and My Emerald Playthroughs...both of which are currently in progress.

I decided to trade over a Corphish since I've never used it and the weaker of my pair of Magic Bounce Espeon. On route to Virbank City.

Team:
    Riolu - 16
    Espeon - 16
    Corphish - 18
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

That sounds fun. I'm going to make a new LC team. Hail is no fun.

Koffing, while cool, is an awful teammate.

>snivy

You jerk ;_;
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Yep. Don't worry, I'm making a new team

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    Quagsire is good, but Tangrowth and Slowking is an amazing defensive core (They also both have access to Regenerator). Tangrowth is the closest thing we have to a physical Blissey, while Slowking is just so versatile and has nicely rounded stats (excluding speed). Another underrated wall is Miltank, but I prefer the semi-offensive set better.
    Yeah I'll go with Slowking, since I see some HP Grass users in RU (poor Quagsire).
    So I got
    Slowking (wall)
    Drapion (SD-Tank)
    Dusknoir (Burn-Support)
    ^this looks way too slow and imbalanced already! I think I need some glass cannons or physical leads. Any ideas and options?

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    That sounds fun. I'm going to make a new LC team. Hail is no fun.
    Hail is fun when your Pokémon are Ice or have Overcoat (Non-Regen-Reuniclus is inconvenient AND convenient for Hail for its variety of moves).
    Would Frosslass and other Snow Cloak Pokémon be allowed on hail or does that violate the evasion clause?

Heracross isn't in LC

Rhyperior sounds like a good idea. I just really wish DW Water Absorb Suicune was available as a check to water moves... He's not yet.

If that ever came out, Suicune would be in OU. Heck, if a lot of pokemon got their DW abilities, they would be in OU

Chandy and Feraligatr come to mind.

I think so. But Froslass is UU, not LC.

I've decided to make this new team around Mienfoo, just because it threatens so much of the metagame. Plus when I used it previously, it was fantastic.

Mienfoo@ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature (+Spe/-SpA)
    236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
    Regenerator
    • High Jump Kick
    • U- Turn
    • Stone Edge
    • Fake Out

Info: Mienfoo is simply very powerful. This is the set I chose for my Hail team Mienfoo, and I liked it. HJK is STAB, and deals severe damage. U- Turn and Regenerator work really well together, and Fake Out is always useful. Stone Edge is for coverage.

So i restarted my black 2 because my brothers friend, who is often with him when we talk on skype, if playing it and i want to get back onto it.

I know now that i will get:

Snivy
    Venipede
    Growlithe
    Corphish
    [flying something]
    [something VERY unique]

seems ike a fun team in my head

Looks it. I'm going to continue with my LC team.

Hmmmm tested my normal team in PS. It is pretty BAWSS once I got used to it.

I made my OU team around a thundurus - T I got given in random battle. It was really good. Special attacker.

I seem to now realise that I like two turn hiding moves (dive dig fly) and switching moves (volt switch u turn) I find these really useful. I will never have a samurott without dive, or an electric type without volt switch. And lots of my Pokemon know u turn. I have a team idea.

a team based on switching and denying seems fun, like have a scizor using utrun predicting the fire move, then switching to a water type then diving, then faking even more

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    a team based on switching and denying seems fun, like have a scizor using utrun predicting the fire move, then switching to a water type then diving, then faking even more
    So would that count as a Troll team or what? Smogon should've called a Pokémon that could combine Volt Switch, U-Turn, and Dragon Tail a Troll Role!

Edit: OMG there is a pokemon with those three moves! It's Eelektross! Combine it with Drain Punch, and give it Leftovers you have a Troll-Attacker! I'mma incorporate this guy into my RU team right now!

P.S. should I have Flamethrower replace Drain Punch?

you really don't need all three of those though....

It might be useful to hit pokemon super effectively when you switch out, but the whole point of those is to scout.

How bout this?

Electross- Drain Punch, U-turn, Dragon tail, Coil.

Page 615 of 859 FirstFirst ... 515565605611612613614615616617618619625665715 ... LastLast