View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 618 of 859 FirstFirst ... 518568608614615616617618619620621622628668718 ... LastLast
Results 15,426 to 15,450 of 21452

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

If i made a LC team it would definatelu involve lileep.

I know, we can have an LC tourney! Everyone's just mentioned that it would be fun to make a team for.
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

true but lets finish the normal type tourney. I think aince yvetals not back yet, we shouldn't wait any longer..... I cant come online at all next week because i'm away and I don't want to kep everyone waiting and i want to battle, because, as i say so myself, my team is actually pretty good.

I am so estatic, PS being kind of made for apple, works on my ipods ewe

I suppose I will get started on a LC team since I missed the Normal type tourney. Just to clarify, we would be using completely unevolved pokemon correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    true but lets finish the normal type tourney. I think aince yvetals not back yet, we shouldn't wait any longer..... I cant come online at all next week because i'm away and I don't want to kep everyone waiting and i want to battle, because, as i say so myself, my team is actually pretty good.

I am so estatic, PS being kind of made for apple, works on my ipods ewe
    Heh, it doesn't even work on my iPad. You can keep battling each other while we wait. I just play whenever I can get onto a laptop.

LC is such a troublesome tier to work with imo. There's so many egg moves I can choose from, yet I have like 300 Pokemon to choose from in that tier.

Edit: I'm going to make an RU, a Middle Cup team and a Dreamer team.

For those of you who don't know, Middle Cup is a tier also known as NFE, but more specific. All middle staged Pokemon in three-stage Pokemon families are allowed in this tier.

A Dreamer/Aspirer team involves all NU and RU Pokémon ONLY and their OU sets are moved only. UU Pokémon aren't really included because they have a better chance at becoming OU in the next generation. So if there are 6th gen UU Pokemon that have OU sets, they aren't really Dreamers since they may rise to OU in 7th gen.
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 23rd May 2013 at 6:11 PM.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Its just yvetal is likely to have a 2-4 week ban. If its four weeks we can battle on the weekend after he gets back. But if its two weeks we would have to wait until the weekend after the weekend after this weekend because i am away next week and we can only battle on weekends due to time differences.

Theres a middle cup? That is my thing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    LC is such a troublesome tier to work with imo. There's so many egg moves I can choose from, yet I have like 300 Pokemon to choose from in that tier.

For those of you who don't know, Middle Cup is a tier also known as NFE, but more specific. All middle staged Pokemon in three-stage Pokemon families are allowed in this tier.

A Dreamer/Aspirer team involves all NU and RU Pokémon ONLY and their OU sets are moved only. UU Pokémon aren't really included because they have a better chance at becoming OU in the next generation. So if there are 6th gen UU Pokemon that have OU sets, they aren't really Dreamers since they may rise to OU in 7th gen.
    I like that there are so many choices in LC. It makes for more varied teams. However, I wish I could say that I wasn't confused by your "Dreamer" team explaination. I suppose Smogon just goes too deeply into tiers for my liking. It reminds me of the tiers they used to organize characters in Smash Bros. Brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    Its just yvetal is likely to have a 2-4 week ban. If its four weeks we can battle on the weekend after he gets back. But if its two weeks we would have to wait until the weekend after the weekend after this weekend because i am away next week and we can only battle on weekends due to time differences.

Theres a middle cup? That is my thing!!!
    Middle Cup isnt officia, and Smogon calls it NFE, so…

Because Smogon manages these tiers, some people very readily follow suit and do the same. Middle cup may not be official, but it's still a tier. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it does lead people to place needless restrictions on themselves and their teams. Tiers like Middle/Little Cup are welcome in my opinion because they introduce the opportunity for everyone to make use of pokemon we don't see quite so much of, but that is only to offset the swarms of OU teams out there. OU, UU, NU, etc. are all unnecessary in my eyes. We should be free to field whichever pokemon we want, whenever we want. God Bless America! (Sorry about that last part, I got a little carried away)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gamma View Post
    OU, UU, NU, etc. are all unnecessary in my eyes. We should be free to field whichever pokemon we want, whenever we want. God Bless America! (Sorry about that last part, I got a little carried away)
    if you were here a few weeks ago, i was argueing for this exact point. god bless america (and yes im english)

We should be free to field whichever pokemon we want, whenever we want. God Bless America! (Sorry about that last part, I got a little carried away)
    Lolwhut?

The tiers are there because some n00bs out there complain and complain "Why do my Butterfree and Charizard always lose to Excadrill and Gastrodon?" and battle analyzers work so hard to make sure such complaints don't happen again. They're doing it so we don't look like we're cheating and so we can be matched fairly!
    Go ahead and put your Aggron against someone's HP Fight/Water Magnezone (never use those!) but don't go crying why you lost.

@> Ninja Eevee: It's good to know that I'm not the only one who sees the needlessness of those coveted tiers.

@> GenosectArceus: I can understand if noobs need Smogon to keep themselves from getting royally owned, but back in my day (yes, I just took it there) we had learn from experience and go with the flow. We didn't have websites to tell us what pokemon to use and what moves, items, and teammates they should have. At the end of the day, if I lose because I made a rookie mistake, I make sure I learn from it and prepare for the next time. You will be hard pressed to catch me raging because I got wrecked by my opponent. You'll find that I'm a pretty mature loser

Also on a side note, I've been breeding charmanders with a Japanese Ditto for a couple days now and now have enough extra charmanders to populate Unova. However, I still don't have a single shiny. Anyone want a charmander?
    Last edited by Lord Gamma; 24th May 2013 at 2:50 AM.

Middle Cup would be a great tier for the next tournament.

But personally... We should do WONKYMONS, the best tier in existence. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3473240

Basically it's a tier where every single pokemon gets rid of its ability and is granted not one but TWO RANDOM ABILITIES. There's a server for it on PS. It looks like SO MUCH FUN. The randomly generated list is in the link. There's stuff like DRIZZLE DRAGONITE. SHADOW TAG TERAKKION. NATURAL CURE ARCHEOPS. Seriously this looks like a ****ing blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post

But personally... We should do WONKYMONS, the best tier in existence. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3473240

Basically it's a tier where every single pokemon gets rid of its ability and is granted not one but TWO RANDOM ABILITIES. There's a server for it on PS. It looks like SO MUCH FUN. The randomly generated list is in the link. There's stuff like DRIZZLE DRAGONITE. SHADOW TAG TERAKKION. NATURAL CURE ARCHEOPS. Seriously this looks like a ****ing blast.
    That seems super fun!! If we do do a tourney with WONKYMONS count me in it seems like so much fun!!! Also in Soul Silver I have just received Eevee
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

I'm glad you like it I'm thinking that we might want to restrict some pokemon though, like Drizzle Dragonite and Shadow Tag Terrakion and Toxic Heal / Facade Ho-oh

Username:Zardian
    PO name:N/A(computer broke)
    Friend Code:Ehh...( I'll explain in a sec)
    Desired Division:Land
    Favourite Pokemon:Zoroark
    Referrer:Me :P
    Additional: Now for the explaining...
    Well I am new to the forums but not new to Pokemon. (Started playing back in Pokemon fire red/ leaf green... Stopped in black 1) Well now I'm back to play B&W 2. (Buying the game tomorrow.) I did wifi battles back in pearl/diamond/platinum but not in B&W so I'm new to IV's, EV's, and still don't understand the natures of a Pokemon. Well I'm looking to get into this and find a clan that I can play with.
    Usually takes me 4-7 days to get all my badges

Oops Zardian you forgot something! Read the rules thoroughly and you'll see what I'm talking about!

Oops Zardian you forgot something! Read the rules thoroughly and you'll see what I'm talking about!
    *Gasp! He forgot the magic word! (Just glad I'm no longer the new guy)

*Gasp! He forgot the magic word! (Just glad I'm no longer the new guy)
    Whoops, my bad! GROVYLE
    Edit:I'm also interested in double and triple battles... Or at least I was in B&W1
    Also I'm worried about getting the older gen Pokemon since back in the day I was being dumb and sold all my Pokemon games. How would I go about getting them.
    Last edited by Zardian; 24th May 2013 at 7:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardian View Post
    Username:Zardian
    PO name:N/A(computer broke)
    Friend Code:Ehh...( I'll explain in a sec)
    Desired Division:Land
    Favourite Pokemon:Zoroark
    Referrer:Me :P
    Additional: Now for the explaining...
    Well I am new to the forums but not new to Pokemon. (Started playing back in Pokemon fire red/ leaf green... Stopped in black 1) Well now I'm back to play B&W 2. (Buying the game tomorrow.) I did wifi battles back in pearl/diamond/platinum but not in B&W so I'm new to IV's, EV's, and still don't understand the natures of a Pokemon. Well I'm looking to get into this and find a clan that I can play with.
    Usually takes me 4-7 days to get all my badges
    I am now going to accept this because of the grovyle below and worship you for being in the land sector.
    If youre new to competitive this is the right clan for you.
    Welcome Zardian

Thank you I'm glad to be here.

Haha guys sorry for my inactivity. Had an overnight trip in China to Chengde for 3 days and 2 nights.

Now, to go on topic.

WELCOME ZARDIAN EVEN THOUGH UR NOT IN SKY SECTORRR! Hope you have fun here :3 (we're awesome btw)
    And in the Competitive RMT section, theres a perfect thread called: "A Guide to EVS, IVS, And Natures." Its stickified, meaning that its one of the VERY top few threads and has a dark green background.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Looks really fun! didnt read the rules on the link since I was distracted by the dancing Trapinch lol

Welcome Zardian! We can help you understand such competitive concepts because in truth, they are pretty complicated and it took me about two years to figure them out on my own on the forums.

@Gamma: Me too. My friends would rage when they lose, and they'd rage even more when I didn't rage when I lost because they'd expect some vengeful satisfaction by seeing my demise. Back in the day, it was fun to have a team that covered type disadvantages (Gold Team: Typhlosion, Skarmory (from friend's Silver), Jolteon, Scyther, Gengar, and Dragonite) and some friends were mature about me winning, some not so mature. Looking at the maturity level of kids these days, and I'm talking about classy New England and the riches of Maryland, I see Smogon being a way of kids proving to each other why they won and why it was fair. We can discuss the past all we want, but Smogon is necessary for the future players who are like our friends that aren't so mature when losing. :/

@Justinjxhu: That sounded awesome except for my speculation on your inactivity which is that Chengde has no networks or blocked sites. I've never been to China, but I've visited the Philippines which is hot as balls btw.
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 24th May 2013 at 10:51 AM.

@Zaradian...I'm Hudsonn, leader of this clan. Nice to see you join. I hope you enjoy your stay here!

I love the Wonkymon tourney idea just so ya'll know!
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardian View Post
    Whoops, my bad! GROVYLE
    Edit:I'm also interested in double and triple battles... Or at least I was in B&W1
    Also I'm worried about getting the older gen Pokemon since back in the day I was being dumb and sold all my Pokemon games. How would I go about getting them.
    First off, welcome to the guild Zardian! As mentioned before I am a newer member here also, but not new to pokemon. I've been playing these games since Red/Blue version. I actually suspect I'm the oldest guy here (26). I hope you enjoy your time here.

You might have a battle buddy in me then Zardian. I'm very new to wifi battles (still have never played in one) so I'll spar with ya if I have the time. As for acquiring older generation pokemon: Many of them are found in Heartgold/Soulsilver and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. However, you can also either trade with others (I have all of the Kanto starters for trade) or get the gameboy advance games and transfer from them with an older DS.

On a side note: I decided yesterday to go back to my roots and started a new game in Red version. The plan is to play through all of the main games. I'm in Viridian Forest at the moment. My team: Bulbasaur, Pidgey, Mankey.

Page 618 of 859 FirstFirst ... 518568608614615616617618619620621622628668718 ... LastLast