View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 632 of 917 FirstFirst ... 532582622628629630631632633634635636642682732 ... LastLast
Results 15,776 to 15,800 of 22904

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

I love R/S/E. But I can't play them much because they're either fake or they keep restarting my data.

I will make a Ubers team. Soon.

Only that many clans left? Gosh, they're dropping like flies. Just had a music exam, which was pointless because who needs to learn music apart from people who play instruments. I play an instrument, but that's not my point.

I've been playing PMD Gates to Infinity lately. tbh, it's rubbish. I think so because the storyline of destroying the Bittercold happens too quickly. You go off on one adventure that lasts around 5 hours, then you have 2 days of adventuring as normal with stupid interruptions that are mainly caused by Umbreon and Espeon in the mornings. So the main story is being crammed into 25 hours or so, less than 1/4 of that being time that you just do requests, and I bet when you defeat the Bittercold (I'm close now, trying to get past Munna's gang in Glacier Palace at the moment, unfair because over half of the team are Gigaliths and I'm a Tepig) you'll go back to doing normal requests and not have anything to do for around 10 hours worth of the game. The designers are getting really slack. First they name the Black and White sequels Black 2 and White 2, now they've created this disaster of a PMD storyline. And I couldn't care less about all of this hope and ideals ****. And PMDGtI isn't that great for smaller kids, because they won't understand it's meaning.

Talking about immature, where is Carface?

EDIT: Okay, there's more than 6-7 clans left, but there's only around 7 proper clans.
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra

Right. You are all immature, and if you don't stop going on about non gaming stuff then we'll be closed and banned and the like. I'm mature, because I understand and accept this.

I've never played PMD Gates to Infinity. I played Pokepark 2 ages ago (must play that again soon lol) and Battle Revolution. PBR is probably the best Pokémon game they ever made (like Stadium and Stadium 2) and I hope they make an updated one. To be able to use your DS to battle friends with your own teams in better graphics than the DS game...

Battle Revolution was probably the most beautiful game and had the best aesthetics. But besides that and the awesome music, it didn't have a plot and it simply updated the graphics and battle animations.

So to keep us from getting banned, we should use more conventional methods of battling like using OU sets instead of our (THT's) methods of using UU and RU sets.
    Yes, it's too mainstream, hence the title.
    Yes, it involves stronger Pokémon.
    Yes, it will help us win more wars and keep our clam/guild alive.

Just trying to help.

I agree, although I do enjoy a good Ubers match.

Well, unless there is a set tier for the All Wars, which there is not, Ubers could be used.

Traditionally, I'm all for OU. But I'm kind of into Ubers ATM (I made an awesome team a while back that hadn't actually lost; great team). So I'll make a Ubers team, and then an OU team.

Landslide (Groudon) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Toxic

I like Groudon. It is my sector's mascot after all. And so I've decided to make a Sun Ubers team, as tribute to Groudon the Land Sector mascot. Leftovers is reliable recovery, and means we can continue taking hits. The EVs are Smogon's, and mean Groudon can take a +2 Dragon Claw from Rayquaza, a +2 Close Combat from Terrakion and Lucario, and a +2 Outrage from Garchomp. It can then cripple them with Toxic. Earthquake is STAB and deals decent damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Stone Edge froms QuakeEdge, and also hits Rayquaza rather hard. Thunder Wave cripples Pokémon looking to set up on Groudon. Overall, this Groudon can tank physical hits for ages. There was a Special tank, but I preferred to take Physical hits, which it was designed for.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 5th June 2013 at 6:50 PM.

That looks like a good start to a team, but then again I'm not the best at competitive battling

Sig under construction

No? Aw well. Started Skyrim again, with my Oblivion Hybrid. Doing pretty good so far (I'm in Helgen Keep). I've just entered the room of enemies before the Spiders (the room of Stormcloaks) and I'm level 3. Sneak + One Handed levels up quickly. Can't wait for Bound Sword to speed things along.

Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Toxic

I like Groudon. It is my sector's mascot after all. And so I've decided to make a Sun Ubers team, as tribute to Groudon the Land Sector mascot. Leftovers is reliable recovery, and means we can continue taking hits. The EVs are Smogon's, and mean Groudon can take a +2 Dragon Claw from Rayquaza, a +2 Close Combat from Terrakion and Lucario, and a +2 Outrage from Garchomp. It can then cripple them with Toxic. Earthquake is STAB and deals decent damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Stone Edge froms QuakeEdge, and also hits Rayquaza rather hard. Toxic cripples Pokémon looking to set up on Groudon. Overall, this Groudon can tank physical hits for ages. There was a Special tank, but I preferred to take Physical hits, which it was designed for.

Bianca (Latias) @ Soul Dew
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Roost
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Thunder

{If you get the nickname, I'll applaud you.}
    Latias got Soul Dew in BW2, which if you didn't know raises Latias's Special stats by 50%. Calm Mind is for setting up, as this is an offensive Pivot, and also my Kyogre check. I didn't want to use Palkia again, so I was stuck. But I saw people using this as a check to most Rain teams, so I'm using it. Plus I have a Timid Latias on W2. Roost is recovery, and apparently only Flying types turn Normal and 'land', which allows Ground type moves to hit them. As Latias is Psychic/Dragon, this wastes a turn for my opponent if they're stupid enough, which is a turn of set up/damage dealing. Dragon Pulse is reliable STAB, hitting many of the metagame's Dragon types for Super Effective damage. Thunder is my reliable way to use Kyogre's weather to it's own disadvantage, with 100% accuracy. Latias resists Grass and Water for Groudon. Groudon can take Bug and Dark attacks all day, and Dragon attacks that aren't Special too. Just got an Ice weakness. Need a Fire type to counter Dark and Ghost...
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 5th June 2013 at 9:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    No? Aw well. Started Skyrim again, with my Oblivion Hybrid. Doing pretty good so far (I'm in Helgen Keep). I've just entered the room of enemies before the Spiders (the room of Stormcloaks) and I'm level 3. Sneak + One Handed levels up quickly. Can't wait for Bound Sword to speed things along.

Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Toxic

I like Groudon. It is my sector's mascot after all. And so I've decided to make a Sun Ubers team, as tribute to Groudon the Land Sector mascot. Leftovers is reliable recovery, and means we can continue taking hits. The EVs are Smogon's, and mean Groudon can take a +2 Dragon Claw from Rayquaza, a +2 Close Combat from Terrakion and Lucario, and a +2 Outrage from Garchomp. It can then cripple them with Toxic. Earthquake is STAB and deals decent damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Stone Edge froms QuakeEdge, and also hits Rayquaza rather hard. Toxic cripples Pokémon looking to set up on Groudon. Overall, this Groudon can tank physical hits for ages. There was a Special tank, but I preferred to take Physical hits, which it was designed for.

Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Roost
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Thunder

Latias got Soul Dew in BW2, which if you didn't know raises Latias's Special stats by 50%. Calm Mind is for setting up, as this is an offensive Pivot, and also my Kyogre check. I didn't want to use Palkia again, so I was stuck. But I saw people using this as a check to most Rain teams, so I'm using it. Plus I have a Timid Latias on W2. Roost is recovery, and apparently only Flying types turn Normal and 'land', which allows Ground type moves to hit them. As Latias is Psychic/Dragon, this wastes a turn for my opponent if they're stupid enough, which is a turn of set up/damage dealing. Dragon Pulse is reliable STAB, hitting many of the metagame's Dragon types for Super Effective damage. Thunder is my reliable way to use Kyogre's weather to it's own disadvantage, with 100% accuracy. Latias resists Grass and Water for Groudon. Groudon can take Bug and Dark attacks all day, and Dragon attacks that aren't Special too. Just got an Ice weakness. Need a Fire type to counter Dark and Ghost...
    The nickname is from the Pokčmon Heroes the movie. Bianca is the girl Latias Imitates
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

Yes! Well done. I'm actually going to change a couple of moves on Groudon, and then add Forretress for a fantastic physical core. It patches up my weaknesses, as Latias resists Fire. Meanwhile Ice, Dark, Ghost and Bug are resisted by Forretress! Groudon's Toxic will be switched to Dragon Tail, to use the hazards.

Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Dragon Tail

I like Groudon. It is my sector's mascot after all. And so I've decided to make a Sun Ubers team, as tribute to Groudon the Land Sector mascot. Leftovers is reliable recovery, and means we can continue taking hits. The EVs are Smogon's, and mean Groudon can take a +2 Dragon Claw from Rayquaza, a +2 Close Combat from Terrakion and Lucario, and a +2 Outrage from Garchomp. Earthquake is STAB and deals decent damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Stone Edge froms QuakeEdge, and also hits Rayquaza rather hard. Dragon Tail is used to rack up entry hazards on everything, as well as deal damage. Overall, this Groudon can tank physical hits for ages. There was a Special tank, but I preferred to take Physical hits, which it was designed for.

Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Roost
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Thunder

Latias got Soul Dew in BW2, which if you didn't know raises Latias's Special stats by 50%. Calm Mind is for setting up, as this is an offensive Pivot, and also my Kyogre check. I didn't want to use Palkia again, so I was stuck. But I saw people using this as a check to most Rain teams, so I'm using it. Plus I have a Timid Latias on W2. Roost is recovery, and apparently only Flying types turn Normal and 'land', which allows Ground type moves to hit them. As Latias is Psychic/Dragon, this wastes a turn for my opponent if they're stupid enough, which is a turn of set up/damage dealing. Dragon Pulse is reliable STAB, hitting many of the metagame's Dragon types for Super Effective damage. Thunder is my reliable way to use Kyogre's weather to it's own disadvantage, with 100% accuracy. Latias resists Grass and Water for Groudon. Groudon can take Bug and Dark attacks all day, and Dragon attacks that aren't Special too. Just got an Ice weakness.

Titanium (Forretress) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Pain Split

Forretress rules! Specially defensive EVs, as it's Defense is great. Spikes and Toxic Spikes are great for wearing down Kyogre and other Pokémon like Genosect. Pain Split is filler, but hits Ferrothorn rather well. Rapid Spin is self explanatory. This Pokémon is great for tanking Dragon attacks.

xx Puff xx (Reshiram) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Turboblaze
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    - Blue Flare
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Stone Edge

I ended up choosing Reshiram over Kyurem- W, as it'll use Sun more. Blue Flare is STAB, as is Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse. Stone Edge is coverage.

XX WALL XX (Blissey) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Aromatherapy
    - Softboiled
    - Toxic
    - Seismic Toss

Yep, Blissey the Special Wall, Status Absorber, and otherwise awesome Pokémon. I used Blissey on my Ubers team too. Downright amazing. I think this set is self explanatory.

Phoenix (Ho Oh) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Sacred Fire
    - Brave Bird
    - Earthquake
    - Punishment

I needed a Sun sweeper. And this is a Sun sweeper. Sacred Fire is boosted beyond belief in Sun, Brave Bird nailing everything else. EQ is for Rock types and any Pokémon that resist Fire and Flying (Heatran). Punishment is for Calm Mind sweepers, as it hurts. A lot.

I do not like this team much. I need another sweeper. A Scarf 'mon. Maybe Reshiram? Or Kyurem W? Something. Looks like I lose Arceus Ghost. Aw well.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 5th June 2013 at 10:19 PM.

Traditionally, I'm all for OU. But I'm kind of into Ubers ATM (I made an awesome team a while back that hadn't actually lost; great team). So I'll make a Ubers team, and then an OU team.

Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Toxic

I like Groudon. It is my sector's mascot after all. And so I've decided to make a Sun Ubers team, as tribute to Groudon the Land Sector mascot. Leftovers is reliable recovery, and means we can continue taking hits. The EVs are Smogon's, and mean Groudon can take a +2 Dragon Claw from Rayquaza, a +2 Close Combat from Terrakion and Lucario, and a +2 Outrage from Garchomp. It can then cripple them with Toxic. Earthquake is STAB and deals decent damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Stone Edge froms QuakeEdge, and also hits Rayquaza rather hard. Thunder Wave cripples Pokémon looking to set up on Groudon. Overall, this Groudon can tank physical hits for ages. There was a Special tank, but I preferred to take Physical hits, which it was designed for.
    I remember your old ubers team. You knocked the stuffing out of me with it!

Yes! Well done. I'm actually going to change a couple of moves on Groudon, and then add Forretress for a fantastic physical core. It patches up my weaknesses, as Latias resists Fire. Meanwhile Ice, Dark, Ghost and Bug are resisted by Forretress! Groudon's Toxic will be switched to Dragon Tail, to use the hazards.

Spoiler:- snivy's very long team summary which I don't want to have clog up the thread again:
    I thought Latias was OU, unless they recently changed it. I haven't been on Smogon in ages..probably not since Snivy and I were gonna have that epic NU battle. Hey, when ARE we gonna do that Snivy?
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

im going to make an NU team for the lols, also because its my best tier

When were we going to have an epic NU battle [/s]which I'd dominate lol[/s]? I've got to make a team, but I can do that (I probably was anyway). How does my Uber team look?

Lost my first match. Might add speed EVs to Groudon, so I can outspeed opposing Lead Groudon's.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 5th June 2013 at 10:40 PM.

Anyone want to play me in OU?

Sig under construction

So is Latias still in OU? I'm on my iPod and I'm too lazy to check Smogon.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    So is Latias still in OU? I'm on my iPod and I'm too lazy to check Smogon.
    yes I don't know why it would have changed yet lol.
    It's only in Ubers basically if it has Soul Dew

I love R/S/E. But I can't play them much because they're either fake or they keep restarting my data.

I will make a Ubers team. Soon.

YES. UBERS. YES!

Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Dragon Tail

I like Groudon. It is my sector's mascot after all. And so I've decided to make a Sun Ubers team, as tribute to Groudon the Land Sector mascot. Leftovers is reliable recovery, and means we can continue taking hits. The EVs are Smogon's, and mean Groudon can take a +2 Dragon Claw from Rayquaza, a +2 Close Combat from Terrakion and Lucario, and a +2 Outrage from Garchomp. Earthquake is STAB and deals decent damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Stone Edge froms QuakeEdge, and also hits Rayquaza rather hard. Dragon Tail is used to rack up entry hazards on everything, as well as deal damage. Overall, this Groudon can tank physical hits for ages. There was a Special tank, but I preferred to take Physical hits, which it was designed for.

Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Roost
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Thunder

Latias got Soul Dew in BW2, which if you didn't know raises Latias's Special stats by 50%. Calm Mind is for setting up, as this is an offensive Pivot, and also my Kyogre check. I didn't want to use Palkia again, so I was stuck. But I saw people using this as a check to most Rain teams, so I'm using it. Plus I have a Timid Latias on W2. Roost is recovery, and apparently only Flying types turn Normal and 'land', which allows Ground type moves to hit them. As Latias is Psychic/Dragon, this wastes a turn for my opponent if they're stupid enough, which is a turn of set up/damage dealing. Dragon Pulse is reliable STAB, hitting many of the metagame's Dragon types for Super Effective damage. Thunder is my reliable way to use Kyogre's weather to it's own disadvantage, with 100% accuracy. Latias resists Grass and Water for Groudon. Groudon can take Bug and Dark attacks all day, and Dragon attacks that aren't Special too. Just got an Ice weakness.

Titanium (Forretress) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Pain Split

Forretress rules! Specially defensive EVs, as it's Defense is great. Spikes and Toxic Spikes are great for wearing down Kyogre and other Pokémon like Genosect. Pain Split is filler, but hits Ferrothorn rather well. Rapid Spin is self explanatory. This Pokémon is great for tanking Dragon attacks.

xx Puff xx (Reshiram) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Turboblaze
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    - Blue Flare
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Stone Edge

I ended up choosing Reshiram over Kyurem- W, as it'll use Sun more. Blue Flare is STAB, as is Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse. Stone Edge is coverage.

XX WALL XX (Blissey) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Aromatherapy
    - Softboiled
    - Toxic
    - Seismic Toss

Yep, Blissey the Special Wall, Status Absorber, and otherwise awesome Pokémon. I used Blissey on my Ubers team too. Downright amazing. I think this set is self explanatory.

Phoenix (Ho Oh) @ Choice Band
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Sacred Fire
    - Brave Bird
    - Earthquake
    - Punishment

I needed a Sun sweeper. And this is a Sun sweeper. Sacred Fire is boosted beyond belief in Sun, Brave Bird nailing everything else. EQ is for Rock types and any Pokémon that resist Fire and Flying (Heatran). Punishment is for Calm Mind sweepers, as it hurts. A lot.

I do not like this team much. I need another sweeper. A Scarf 'mon. Maybe Reshiram? Or Kyurem W? Something. Looks like I lose Arceus Ghost. Aw well.
    Reshiram is fine. Sun Boosted Blue Flares practically 2HKO the entire metagame anyway haha.
    I don't suggest CM Latias is you're gonna use Thunder...a 3 attack moveslot + Roost would suit your role for Latias better.

Latias@Soul Dew
    Timid Nature
    -Draco Meteor
    -Hidden Power [FIRE]
    -Thunder
    -Roost

And CB Ho-oh...a very underrated threat, but a very good reason to be. It has a terrifying weakness to Stealth Rock, and even with Regenerator, it's severely crippled with the hazard up on the field. A set like this may be better.

Ho-oh@Life Orb
    EVS: 252 Atk; 148 SpD; 108 Spd
    Nature: Adamant
    - Sacred Fire
    - Brave Bird
    - Substitute
    - Roost

SubRoost, and the EVS are so I can survive a +2 Kyurem-W Ice Beam with about 25% health remaining haha
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    Way to be probably our second oldest member (I think Gamma is older)
    Thanks Hudsonn98. As if I didn't already feel old ^_^'

Yeah... I'll restart the entire team. Including Groudon. I'll make an NU team for now (for Hudsonn) but I'll be back for a Ubers team.

Hey guys what are we talking about? From what i've gathered from looking quickly at the page, it's ubers.

I do not like ubers. I do not like uber teams at all. I cannot register in my brain how it works. at all. All i can say is that if I made a uber team it would contain Solar Beam Groudon.

Solar Beam Groudon is ****. Groudon has **** Special attack. The onl move it'll use that's Special is Overheat, because it wrecks Skarmory.

And no, I'm making a Ubers team. no one else.

Username: Haxorus96
    PO name: Dont remember but i'll look at it.
    Friend Code: My DS broke ):
    Desired Division: Sky Division
    Favourite Pokemon: Axew
    Referrer: N/A
    Credit to: Artic Amos(for haxorus banner)

Ubers is my least favorite tier. :/

Haxorus, you're missing one essential part.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Solar Beam Groudon is ****. Groudon has **** Special attack. The onl move it'll use that's Special is Overheat, because it wrecks Skarmory.

And no, I'm making a Ubers team. no one else.
    I have a special attack groudon >

Ooh a requesty person. You know, I'm STILL not sure if I can accpet people who don't apply for my sector XD.
    But they won't be accepted. Hey Haxorus96 read the rules and try again!

Page 632 of 917 FirstFirst ... 532582622628629630631632633634635636642682732 ... LastLast