View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 639 of 886 FirstFirst ... 539589629635636637638639640641642643649689739 ... LastLast
Results 15,951 to 15,975 of 22139

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

NU people? Really? Wow we do love the underdogs. I'll make an NU team after my OU team, maybe. Or just go back to Ubers.

How come UU is getting no love from you guys?

[img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    NU people? Really? Wow we do love the underdogs. I'll make an NU team after my OU team, maybe. Or just go back to Ubers.
    Nuuuuu do OU. You aren't as limited as you are in NU.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

yvetal, ready for that normal type battle?

yeah I messaged you and said I was ready. My name is Yveltal96 on it shoot me an invite

Ask me stupid stuff

I don't get how NU is limited. It has 200+ Pokémon. However, half of them are crap, so I see your point (sort of, as if I did then I wouldn't have put half of these sentences).

I do like UU Icarus, after we battled and I spent hours searching for a decent team idea. I'm now bored of UU. Just got to do RU and I've made a tier for every Smogon tier bar NFE.

was it showdown or PO, i cant remember, i may have to export my team from PO first (wont take long)

It is on PS. Make sure you choose Smogon Doubles

Ask me stupid stuff

I'm back from my trip! What the hell happened to around 200 of our pages?
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047

i think they increased the amonut of posts per page, and so our pages went down but our posts werent touched

Pretty much. I'm going to start on this 'unbeatable team' known only as Team ______ (I don't actually have a name yet). I think this will be a weather team; Weather dominates the OU tier ATM. Sand, Rain, Sun and the less used Hail usually battle it out to decide who wins the Weather War, and then the battle. I like Bulky Offensive teams; teams that can set up and sweep. However, I do like my walls to tank stuff and give me openings, and my Choiced users to wreck, and then my just offensive Pokémon to waltz in and destroy. Hail clearly isn't that weather. Hail is either stall or a team full of weaknesses (as not many Pokémon benefit from Hail, bar Kyurem and other stuff). Sun requires more assistance than Rain or Sand, as Ninetales falls to any Rock or Ground attack. Which leaves Sand and Rain. I'm going Rain, because I like Politoed, and Rain suits me more than Sand.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 12th June 2013 at 8:38 PM.

we could get a few of us to make weather teams, and try to see who gets the best w/d/l rate after say 1 week, like a mini tournament thing
    , just an idea

That'd be cool. But who'd do what tier?

Gizmo (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Hypnosis

This is a Bulky Politoed, but isn't defensive. I like it. I chose Surf over Hydro Pump because as my Weather Pokémon, I need it to be accurate and survive. Tyranitar is 2HKOed by Focus Blast anyway, and Ninetales can be dealt with through other means. Ice Beam hits Dragon types like Dragonite and Latios as they switch in, or just outright KOs them if I'm lucky. Focus Blast, as explained, is my Tyranitar and Ferrothorn killer. Hypnosis cripples any set up sweeper looking to set up on Politoed (provided it hits). I'm still unsure about the Surf over Hydro Pump thing, but I think we'll be OK.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 12th June 2013 at 8:54 PM.

we could agree on one, maybe, one of each, like one uber, one ou, one uu one ru, one nu and one BL/ choice

Yeah, that'd work. Except I'd like Kyogre and Tornadus Therian on a rain team. Both Ubers. Aw well. Sticking to my OU team for now.

Modest Nature
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Hypnosis

This is a Bulky Politoed, but isn't defensive. I like it. I chose Surf over Hydro Pump because as my Weather Pokémon, I need it to be accurate and survive. Tyranitar is 2HKOed by Focus Blast anyway, and Ninetales can be dealt with through other means. Ice Beam hits Dragon types like Dragonite and Latios as they switch in, or just outright KOs them if I'm lucky. Focus Blast, as explained, is my Tyranitar and Ferrothorn killer. Hypnosis cripples any set up sweeper looking to set up on Politoed (provided it hits). I'm still unsure about the Surf over Hydro Pump thing, but I think we'll be OK.

i think we could, once we decide on tiers, have it set out like a league. everyone makes a team for each weather (may be a bit complicated) and everyone has to play each team at least once, then we do it was 3 points per win, 1 for draw and 0 for loss

A team for each tier. Weather obviously. So you want a Ubers weather, OU weather, UU weather, RU weather, NU weather and LC weather (ok, maybe not LC). That's a decent idea, although 5 teams...

that was a typo
    i meant team for weather

I'm a fail at making weather teams, so I'll pass on the tourney. You guys should go ahead with it though.
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047

Within reason, in order to test which weather is best you'd have to do 4 people with one weather per person. I think we should do the teams based on our sectors. Land sector for example must make a Sun team. Sky sector would be an anti weather team, or either sand or hail. Sea sector would be rain.

Modest Nature
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Hypnosis

Last edited by snivy trainer; 12th June 2013 at 9:23 PM.

I'm sand master

No, but if this is going to be a tourney, off to the tourney thread we go!

Oh, and btw, I made a rain team.

Well done you Icarus. I need an Electric and Grass resistance Pokémon. I was thinking Thundurus- T, but I don't think it'll work well against Grass types.

Tornadus takes my next spot, simply because it was made for rain.

Hurricane (Tornadus- I) @ Sharp Beak
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hurricane
    - Focus Blast
    - U- turn
    - Tailwind

Tornadus at it's finest. Sharp Beak boosted Hurricane hurts like hell, and decimates most Pokémon that even try and take on Tornadus. Focus Blast is there for Blissey, Chansey and Tyranitar. U turn is for scouting, and allows me to bring in a Pokémon to counter whatever was sent out against Tornadus. Tailwind is so I can speed up my Pokémon.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 12th June 2013 at 9:33 PM.

Thanks. Ferrothorn maybe?

Maybe. It'd help against Electric and Grass. Rock and Ice are now slight problems to this team. I'll post what I have so far.

Modest Nature
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Hypnosis

Hurricane (Tornadus- I) @ Sharp Beak
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hurricane
    - Focus Blast
    - U- turn
    - Tailwind

Tornadus at it's finest. Sharp Beak boosted Hurricane hurts like hell, and decimates most Pokémon that even try and take on Tornadus. Focus Blast is there for Blissey, Chansey and Tyranitar. U turn is for scouting, and allows me to bring in a Pokémon to counter whatever was sent out against Tornadus. Tailwind is so I can speed up my Pokémon.

x Hazard x (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
    Relaxed Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Power Whip
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect

This becomes my main backup wall-ish thing that also provides me with Grass and Electric resistances. Rock types also don't really like Grass type moves. Stealth Rock gives me hazards, which definitely increases my damage potential. Power Whip is there for some damage, Protect + Leech Seed slowly wears down enemy teams. Tornadus also wrecks Grass types, which means Ferrothorn can use Leech Seed on everything else. This is more physically inclined, which I like.

Illuminate (Starmie) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Rapid Spin
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam

Offensive Starmie becomes my fourth member, as it spins and can deal loads of damage with it's attacks. I do have 3 Electric weaknesses now, which I'm slightly worried about. And most of my team is specially oriented.

Toxicology (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Dry Skin
    EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Drain Punch
    - Sucker Punch
    - Ice Punch

There we go. Still not a great counter to Electric, but so far that's my only problem. I think I can solve that issue anyway. Toxicroak gives me some much needed physical offense.

Revenge (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Arena Trap
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Reversal
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Memento

I use Dugtrio to counter opposing weather and to just overall be amazing. I use this set on another team. This provides me with an Electric immunity, although I'm not sure... might switch Tornadus.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 12th June 2013 at 9:54 PM.

an anti weather teams seems quite fun, might make one.

Page 639 of 886 FirstFirst ... 539589629635636637638639640641642643649689739 ... LastLast