View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

    6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

    4 40.00%
Page 641 of 914 FirstFirst ... 541591631637638639640641642643644645651691741 ... LastLast
Results 16,001 to 16,025 of 22827

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

  1. #16001
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in Pokemon Sapphire
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    I like the idea of a NFE tourney. NU has really opened my eyes to good NFEs.
    There are many good NFEs out there, but I have a question. Would such a tournament allow use of the "upper NFEs" like Chansey and Magneton?



  2. #16002
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zidshinsin View Post
    There are many good NFEs out there, but I have a question. Would such a tournament allow use of the "upper NFEs" like Chansey and Magneton?
    Yes, and please discuss this on the tourney thread! I really don't want our guild getting banned for a period of time!

  3. #16003
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Yes, and please discuss this on the tourney thread! I really don't want our guild getting banned for a period of time!
    Ya we should.

    So, Genosect I see you like ur Drifblims. The Gastroblimterry (wow thts one messed up name haha) one is probably my fave. Currently I'm working on my fanfic.
    Whats everyone up to?
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  4. #16004
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Aboard the Hoenn Hype Train
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    Getting a 3DS is totally worth it. One of the best gaming systems ever.
    I've really just noticed this. I really haven't payed too much attention to Nintendo recently due to all the PS4 and Xbox One stuff going on (anyone excited for ESO?) and I realized that all the games I loved as a little kid have been rebooted into better things. I might wait for a price drop but if there isn't one by X and Y ill just suck it up and buy one


    Sig under construction


  5. #16005
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Yeah some people just don't seem to realize that the 3DS isn't just a DS reboot. It is in itself an entirely new system with more capability than any DS game could ever have. For example, a Nintendo DS game card can hold 512MB (or 514 idr), which limits it substantially compared to the capacity of a 3DS game card, which can hold up to 8GB of memory, giving it more capacity to create better games in terms of graphics, gameplay capabilities, and longevity. And that is just breaking the ice, as that is just the capacity of the game cards. If I was to explain in every way that the 3DS is just as good as any console, I could go on forever, especially if I got into the system itself.

  6. #16006
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Aboard the Hoenn Hype Train
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Exactly what I just figured out recently. The wii u just seems gimmicky and there's gonna be a super smash bros on the 3DS so that's the only Nintendo system I really want


    Sig under construction


  7. #16007
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Not sure if we are allowed to talk about other TCG here, but I just bought two Shaman King: Reincarnation Booster Boxes on Amazon. Each one comes with 24 packs, and it is cheap because the series and TV show was (unfortunately) cancelled in America. They should arrive here on the 19th, so I am really excited. Along with that, I ordered 8 more booster packs of Plasma Freeze which should be here on the same date. I order all my cards online, because for one, it's cheaper, and two, the nearest place to me that sells cards is Walmart, and they don't carry Shaman King. Also, it is roughly $5 per pack at Walmart, when I can get four packs on Amazon for $12 and free shipping. (one Shaman King booster box on Amazon cost me $18 plus $1.99 shipping & handling)

  8. #16008
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Juan del Sur
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Da_bomb.com View Post
    Exactly what I just figured out recently. The wii u just seems gimmicky and there's gonna be a super smash bros on the 3DS so that's the only Nintendo system I really want
    I freaking can't wait for Super Smash for 3DS! It's going to be amazing. They revealed that Megaman was going to be in it!
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  9. #16009
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    anywhere and everywhere
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Yeah some people just don't seem to realize that the 3DS isn't just a DS reboot. It is in itself an entirely new system with more capability than any DS game could ever have. For example, a Nintendo DS game card can hold 512MB (or 514 idr), which limits it substantially compared to the capacity of a 3DS game card, which can hold up to 8GB of memory, giving it more capacity to create better games in terms of graphics, gameplay capabilities, and longevity. And that is just breaking the ice, as that is just the capacity of the game cards. If I was to explain in every way that the 3DS is just as good as any console, I could go on forever, especially if I got into the system itself.
    So you're telling me my 3DS games can hold as much data as my iPod?

    Oh yeah, Super Smash Bros! Looking forward to that. And the Wii U just seems like an extra console Nintendo has released to get more money from people.
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra


  10. #16010
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Guys guys guys sorry to burst ur bubbles but we have to stay on topic or else we're gonna be locked permanently this time D:

    And yes, the 3DS is amazing.

    Now, on topic. What do you guys think Fairy-Type will do to the metagame? we can also do some speculation about the revealed x and y pokemon.

    I believe Clauncher is going to be somewhat like a Kingler, with sky high attack and defense. A bulky sweeper maybe? I dun know.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  11. #16011
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ponymon View Post
    So you're telling me my 3DS games can hold as much data as my iPod?

    Oh yeah, Super Smash Bros! Looking forward to that. And the Wii U just seems like an extra console Nintendo has released to get more money from people.
    haha yeah it can :P and that is just one game card

    Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    Guys guys guys sorry to burst ur bubbles but we have to stay on topic or else we're gonna be locked permanently this time D:

    And yes, the 3DS is amazing.

    Now, on topic. What do you guys think Fairy-Type will do to the metagame? we can also do some speculation about the revealed x and y pokemon.

    I believe Clauncher is going to be somewhat like a Kingler, with sky high attack and defense. A bulky sweeper maybe? I dun know.
    we're allowed to talk about games though justin

    as for clauncher, I hope he learns lots of physical moves, hone claws, and guillotine

  12. #16012
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    218

    Default

    What do you guys think Skrelp will become? I hope he becomes a Bulky special Sweeper.
    Latest Shiny!

    Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

    3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

  13. #16013
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London (GMT+/-0)
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Skrelp is your avatar right?
    It looks poison/ghost maybe with levitate. I think it will be spA and spD with decent speed.

  14. #16014
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    Skrelp is your avatar right?
    It looks poison/ghost maybe with levitate. I think it will be spA and spD with decent speed.
    Yup that's him! I think he is confirmed to be a wtater/Poison type but im not sure.

    Does anyone know why PS is not working? I can't select an attack when battling and then my team and attacks disappear.
    Latest Shiny!

    Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

    3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

  15. #16015
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London (GMT+/-0)
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Ps is working fine for me. Back to my NU team!!! Any suggested abilities for duosion?

  16. #16016
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Aboard the Hoenn Hype Train
    Posts
    57

    Default

    I expect talonflame to be like swellow, but better because it isn't half normal


    Sig under construction


  17. #16017
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London (GMT+/-0)
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Hehe I'm a bit stuck with making my NU team....
    Any duosion suggested abilities? And good water types to cover ground types. That could threaten my emolga with stone edge/rockslide. And then ground types to counter the electric weakness. Idk. Preferably defensive. But I don't mind which is defensive.

  18. #16018
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Posts
    163

    Default

    So ive made one team for the tourney, now onto my next team

  19. #16019
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Weather League Tourney Application

        Spoiler:- Weather LeagueTourney Application:

  20. #16020
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Aboard the Hoenn Hype Train
    Posts
    57

    Default

    What are the tourney rules again?


    Sig under construction


  21. #16021
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Guys, lets post applications in the tourney thread
    I'm definitely excited for X and Y and am ready to see how the new type fares in competitive play!

  22. #16022
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Guys, lets post applications in the tourney thread
    I'm definitely excited for X and Y and am ready to see how the new type fares in competitive play!
    I am loving Flabebe :3 I hope it's evolution is as cool!
    Also, it seems as though Flabebe you catch will have different flowers depending on what area you catch it in:
    "Another newly discovered Fairy-type Pokémon, Flabébé clings to a flower early on, and then cares for it for its entire life. Because of this, Flabébé may be found holding flowers of different colors."

  23. #16023
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    I am loving Flabebe :3 I hope it's evolution is as cool!
    Also, it seems as though Flabebe you catch will have different flowers depending on what area you catch it in:
    "Another newly discovered Fairy-type Pokémon, Flabébé clings to a flower early on, and then cares for it for its entire life. Because of this, Flabébé may be found holding flowers of different colors."
    It needs to become a dryad! A dryad that is a UU beast! Grass/Fairy typing and high HP, Attack, and SpDefense with a wide movepool could make it 2HKO physically weak or defenseless UU attackers and stallers. I see the dryad to getting Torment and Taunt or maybe Encore just to make it another troll-staller.

  24. #16024
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London (GMT+/-0)
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Nah I don't like it it's just strange.
    Like really strange.....
    So what do you guyses think of litleo? It's quite derpy but I think it will have a cool three stage evolution.
    Last edited by Shade2000; 14th June 2013 at 9:49 PM.

  25. #16025
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Posts
    163

    Default

    do NFEs count as ANY middle of 3 stage pokemon or just the ones specified?

Page 641 of 914 FirstFirst ... 541591631637638639640641642643644645651691741 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •