View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 652 of 865 FirstFirst ... 552602642648649650651652653654655656662702752 ... LastLast
Results 16,276 to 16,300 of 21619

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    Definitely Kid Icarus. Ad I have to disagree with Yveltal, I thought Kingdom Hearts DDD was absolutely terrible. One of the most overcomplicated, boring games I've ever played.

I really don't think Honedge will be that great. If I had to guess I'd say it's really similar to Cryogonal.
    Are you not a KH fan or something? I thought it was great, and really set up nicely for KHIII and it showed a LOT of connections to previous games and answered almost all questions that have been asked throughout the series.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I was sending a message to you geno but it didnt send for some reason, thanks for the table and stuff, its really good

I said that Honedge could be useful in competitive battling. I didn't say I'd use it, or that I liked it. So there.

I'm actually going to be starting a Platinum runthrough with a friend here on Serebii. Net. That along with my Heracross monotype.

Does anyone else wish Quagsire was better competitively? I've always wanted to use him in OU (or at least UU) but he's horribly outclassed by everything. Needs better defenses and Sap Sipper.
    Sap Sipper would be cool but completely illogical at the same time. Quagsire does have a lot of potential though. I've always wanted to use one competitively. What tier is it in?

Oh and one more things. I'm going to be at TNTTrustySteve's house tonite so I won't be on as much.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quagsire is either NU or RU. But it is viable in all tiers. I've seen it in OU before several times.

I'm going to be making a new Skyrim character. So, be prepared for some Skyrimness...

Does anyone else wish Quagsire was better competitively? I've always wanted to use him in OU (or at least UU) but he's horribly outclassed by everything. Needs better defenses and Sap Sipper.
    DUDE. QUAG IS OSM. TRUST ME. WITH UNAWARE HE IS SICKKKKK. Counters Salamence and other set-up sweepers like a boss, and toxic stalls them to kingdom come.

And no one expects it. Here is a set I've used in my BEST OU RAIN TEAM. My team was a straight-out stall (which I actually haven't used in a long time hmm.)

Heres the set:

New Divide (Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Unaware
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
    - Earthquake
    - Recover
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    Relaxed Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Recover
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    ^^ This ^^

Right, may as well start planning this Skyrim character.

I did a Skyrim 'What Race Are You?' quiz/test, which is a Personality Test which in the end tells you what Race you'd be in Skyrim. I'm quite Elvish, with High Elf and Dark Elf traits. But I'm unsure, so I'll do one again. It's... interesting.

Yeah- I'm a cross between a Breton and a Dark Elf. I have a natural intelligence and grasp at things, I'm quite passionate about the things I like, and I can be poetic and flamboyant and everything else when I want to be. That's Breton me anyway. Dunmer/Dark Elf me- people are either interested in what I do, or they're wary of me. I suck at flattery, but I can mix between being centre of attention and slipping into the background when my aspirations are different. But that's it. I'm more Breton than Dark Elf, so it looks like I'll be playing as a Breton. Or I might go 'screw that' and go Dark Elf. I don't know. I'm thinking of Breton (humanoid race).

EDIT: Smogon's apparently back up!
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 6th July 2013 at 5:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    DUDE. QUAG IS OSM. TRUST ME. WITH UNAWARE HE IS SICKKKKK. Counters Salamence and other set-up sweepers like a boss, and toxic stalls them to kingdom come.

And no one expects it. Here is a set I've used in my BEST OU RAIN TEAM. My team was a straight-out stall (which I actually haven't used in a long time hmm.)

Heres the set:

Relaxed Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Recover
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    WOH. I'm using this on a team. I've always hated going against stuff like Gyarados.

It wrecks when the opponent doesn't have a Grass type.

Smogon's back up. This is brilliant. Now I can proceed to make Competitive teams! What tier... thinking Ubers, maybe OU or RU. Maybe even NU?

I cant remember if ive said this already or not, but if i have i officially overwrite it

The Weather Wraths Tourney will take place next week!

I will post the brackets (kindly made my Geno) on the tourney thread, good luck to all competitors.

I've heard about it. I'll consider it actually. First I want to make my RU team (picked a tier). No, scrap that. I will join this tournament! Eevee, sign me up!

Kingsley (Slowking) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Slack Off
    - Psyshock
    - Thunder Wave

Slowking and Amoonguss makes the beginning core for my team. Regenerator Cores are something I've always wanted to try, but never got around to doing. Scald is STAB, and has a chance of burning, which cripples some Physical atttackers. Slack Off = free recovery, and stacks with Regenerator. Psyshock was chosen over Fire Blast because I don't intend to be attacking Grass types and Escavalier. Thunder Wave is another way to cripple offensive attackers.

Mushroomz (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 52 SpA / 116 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Clear Smog
    - Stun Spore

Amoonguss becomes part 2 of the Regenerator Core. Between it and Slowking, they can outstall and wreck most teams. I also for whatever reason have an affinity for winning battles through my walls/tanks. Spore = 1 of my opponent's Pokémon out for the game, Giga Drain is STAB and restores health, Clear Smog ruins set up sweepers that may try and set up on Amoonguss, and Stun Spore, like Thunder Wave on Slowking, just cripples anything stupid enough to try and outspeed and KO Amoonguss.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 6th July 2013 at 8:56 PM.

I think after this current weather tourney we should do a word tourney. I will be in charge of it if you guys want. Let me know what you think! Maybe have the first round be a 4 letter word, second round would be a 5 letter word, and the final round could be a 6 letter word. I can change things around if need be.

Or a number tourney could be really cool! Like the person who is in charge of the tourney ( I could do that cuz I kind of want to host a tourney ) can randomly pick six numbers corresponding to six pokemon and you have to use those pokemon on your team.
    Last edited by The Exalt; 7th July 2013 at 3:54 AM.
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

Quote Originally Posted by Will5iam View Post
    Or a number tourney could be really cool! Like the person who is in charge of the tourney ( I could do that cuz I kind of want to host a tourney ) can randomly pick six numbers corresponding to six pokemon and you have to use those pokemon on your team.
    I dont get it.

And Snivy, add add a bit more Physically Defensive bulky Pokemon into your team because your core mainly leans onto Specially Defensive. (this is why I use Specially Defensive Slowking paired up with the closest thing we have to a physical Blissey: Tangrowth. Both have access to Regenerator)
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Will5iam View Post
    I think after this current weather tourney we should do a word tourney. I will be in charge of it if you guys want. Let me know what you think! Maybe have the first round be a 4 letter word, second round would be a 5 letter word, and the final round could be a 6 letter word. I can change things around if need be.

The former I will work with. I call the words "SWAG", "JOINT", and "SEXUAL" for my tourney words.

Anyway, let's not discuss tourney stuffz now.

Dunsparce.
    What could a Dunsparce evo offer to be a competitively decent Pokémon? What moves or new battle mechanics could be implemented to aid Eviolite Dunsparce?
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Dunsparce is already a competitive beast?

A team of Metapod, Dunsparce, Feebas, Magikarp, Kakuna, and Wurmple is so overpowered.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
    Dunsparce is already a competitive beast?

A team of Metapod, Dunsparce, Feebas, Magikarp, Kakuna, and Wurmple is so overpowered.
    Once Smogon is back on I need to try this team. Sounds defensive and with a good use of Splash. Especially if we can still use the shony Magikarp with Hydro Pump.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Once Smogon is back on I need to try this team. Sounds defensive and with a good use of Splash. Especially if we can still use the shony Magikarp with Hydro Pump.
    Smogon is back on.

^^

Jeez, magikarp with Hydro Pump is so broken.

Ok, kind of not what we were talking about, but I think Weavile should in fact still be OU (he was in gen IV and is now in UU).
    He gets two great STAB moves in Ice Punch and Ice Shard. Ice Punch evading Protect and Detect, and Ice Shard being a good priority move. Also, he comes with Low Kick which allows him to topple big threats such as Tyranitar. If he had Sucker Punch, he would be set!

Ask me stupid stuff

Yeah, but weavile is really underpowered even in the UU metagame.

Plus, stealth rock, terrakion, rain, sun, sand, scizor and such. Not sure how ice punch evades protect, and Low kick is really only useful for tyranitar. Not much heavy weak to rock pokemon in OU.

Considering that even in UU he's not broken, I sincerely doubt Weavile will be OU.

GUYS MAGIKARP JOKES WERE NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE FUNNY

Really Icarus? I've used one on my OU team and it turned out to be my star, along with Durant. He has fantastic attack and speed.

GUYS MAGIKARP JOKES WERE NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE FUNNY

Really Icarus? I've used one on my OU team and it turned out to be my star, along with Durant. He has fantastic attack and speed.
    Exactly! His stats and movepool should make him a top OU threat. I am not alone!

Ask me stupid stuff

75 is too low for a main stab.

Anyway, Smogon will never agree to making weavile OU because

a) weakness to stealth rock

b) low BP stab moves

c) frail

d) Weak to common priority moves

e) Terrakion

Sure, you can use it, but it won't ever be a top-tier threat.

I LOVE MAGIKARP JOKES

I don't think he will ever be OU either, but you have to remember, tiers are based off USAGE, not potential. And if he gets a swords dance off from a switch, he's an absolute monster. Night Slash hits remarkably hard even without a boost. And actually, for Terrakion:
    252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 354-416 (109.25 - 128.39%) -- guaranteed OHKO

YEAH BUT WHATEVER MAN

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
    75 is too low for a main stab.

Anyway, Smogon will never agree to making weavile OU because

a) weakness to stealth rock

b) low BP stab moves

c) frail

d) Weak to common priority moves

e) Terrakion

Sure, you can use it, but it won't ever be a top-tier threat.

I LOVE MAGIKARP JOKES
    75 isn't too low because of it's purpose: evading protect/detect.
    He is a perfect counter for Gliscor/Yanmega/Ninjask...shall I go on?

Ask me stupid stuff

Page 652 of 865 FirstFirst ... 552602642648649650651652653654655656662702752 ... LastLast