View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 653 of 841 FirstFirst ... 553603643649650651652653654655656657663703753 ... LastLast
Results 16,301 to 16,325 of 21003

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

say one bad thing about dunsparce i dare you
    Leader of The Hoenn Triangle's

I considered using Dunsparce for the Solo run, but went with Heracross because I wanted to play HG. If I'd done B2, I would've used Dunsparce. It's the NU version of Togekiss and Jirachi. Paraflinch anyone? But then it has a god awful movepool apparently. I think Zen Headbutt, Rock Slide, Body Slam and even Return are pretty powerful moves. So there. I appreciate Dunsparce but would never use one on my NU team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CreUjGfUNj8

Proof of it's awesomeness.

@ Justin:

I'm currently looking for a Physical tank (Steelix comes to mind, but I'm not really happy about it), and I will find one. In a minute.

Dont use Steel. CB Entei will run through it and can already severely dent Amoongus and Slowking.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Fine, I won't. I don't know what to use! Any suggestions Justin?

Well, you dont have SR yet, so Uxie with its base 130 Def might suffice.

Theres also Quagsire.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

But if I used Quagsire I'd have another Water type and another Grass weakness, whilst with Uxie I get another Dark and Ghost weakness in a tier filled with Dark and Ghost types. I'm considering Rhydon ATM, as it provides me with Stealth Rock, a huge Defense without Eviolite to easily take Flare Blitz from Entei (and then we add Eviolite, and our defence stat is just jawbreaking). It also has a nifty Electric immunity, Bug and Flying resistance, and helps with the Physical side of things. Now I have Ground types to sort out (unless I don't use Rhydon). I'm unsure about it though...
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 7th July 2013 at 11:16 AM.

Rhydon, yes. Completely forgot about that. Use him. Hes amazing Rock Blast > Stone Edge IMO, breaks Subs and sashes. You arent going for power anyway.

And for Ground. Hmm..

How about CS Rotom-Mow? I know it gives you another weakness to CB Entei, but many Pokemon in the RU tier can help you with that. Again, Quagsire would be good. You would only a Grass Type weakness that would be patched up by Rotom-Mow and Amoongus.

Your team would look like this: Slowking, Amoongus, Quagsire, Rhydon, Rotom-Mow. The last slot could pretty much be anything taht COUNTERS SCEPTILE.

EDIT: CONSIDER KABUTOPS. Quad resists Entei, gives you a Rapid Spinner, but gives you a huge Grass Weakness.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Maybe. I'm looking for more bulky offense, with a mixture of physical and special attackers. I'm considering Absol for the 4th slot (it gives me a Fighting weakness easily beaten down by my Regenerator Core, a Bug weakness countered by Rhydon, but it's immune to Psychic, can set up on Ghost and Dark types, and just deals lots of damage. I can then run a Fighting type to give me Fighting + Dark + Psychic core, and for my 6th slot a Fire type for F/W/G core). This could work.

EDIT: Thanks for all the help Justin. Think I've got the team down packed now:

Slowking + Amoonguss + Rhydon + Absol + Emboar + Cryogonal

And equal blend of physical and special attackers, with a F/W/G core and the Fighting + Dark + Psychic core, alongside the Regenerator core.

Kingsley (Slowking) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Slack Off
    - Psyshock
    - Thunder Wave

Slowking and Amoonguss makes the beginning core for my team. Regenerator Cores are something I've always wanted to try, but never got around to doing. Scald is STAB, and has a chance of burning, which cripples some Physical atttackers. Slack Off = free recovery, and stacks with Regenerator. Psyshock was chosen over Fire Blast because I don't intend to be attacking Grass types and Escavalier. Thunder Wave is another way to cripple offensive attackers.

Mushroomz (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 52 SpA / 116 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Clear Smog
    - Synthesis

Amoonguss becomes part 2 of the Regenerator Core. Between it and Slowking, they can outstall and wreck most teams. I also for whatever reason have an affinity for winning battles through my walls/tanks. Spore = 1 of my opponent's Pokémon out for the game, Giga Drain is STAB and restores health, Clear Smog ruins set up sweepers that may try and set up on Amoonguss, and Stun Spore, like Thunder Wave on Slowking, just cripples anything stupid enough to try and outspeed and KO Amoonguss.

RockN'Roll (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Roar
    - Toxic

This Rhydon is designed to stop Entei and set up Stealth Rock in it's face. Once that's done, it can then tank other Physical hits, as well as dishing out some serious pain with it's QuakeEdge combo (well, Earthquake + Rock Blast). Megahorn is to hit incoming Grass types on the switch.

Shadows (Absol) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Super Luck
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Pursuit
    - Night Slash
    - Superpower
    - Megahorn

This is my revenge killer, and can hit Ghost types locked into certain moves with Pursuit. Dark + Fighting get near unresisted coverage, and Megahorn is there to hit the Grass types who may try and switch in to tank hits, like Tangrowth.

FirePigg (Emboar) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Superpower
    - Wild Charge
    - Sleep Talk

Emboar is my main Physical attacker, and utterly wrecks everything. Flare Blitz and Superpower are STAB, and will deal HUGE amounts of damage to anything that doesn't resist them. Wild Charge hits Water types who may try and switch in, and Sleep Talk is for when Emboar may get Spored/Sleep Powdered.

IceMan (Cryogonal) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Rapid Spin
    - Recover
    - Hidden Power {Fire}

And Cryogonal becomes my Ground counter and my spinner. It's the offensive version, and HP Fire and Ice Beam have semi decent coverage. Recover is for recovery (which is definitely useful) and Rapid Spin is... well, do I need to explain?

Well, that's that team done. I'd like the members of this clan to think of a name for this team. I'll be testing and using this on PS, and if it's any good I'd like to post it as an RMT. But I'd like a name. This team is largely focused around 3 different 'cores'.

This team is really stallish, with some offense. I lost all my team bar Amoonguss and Slowking, and the opponent forfeited after 50+ turns. Ultimate stalling.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 7th July 2013 at 12:47 PM.

Why not run Sucker Punch > Night Slash on Absol???
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Yeah, if you are using a Absol, you should be using Sucker Punch.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

True. I'll change that.

Cryogonal isn't pulling it's weight. Neither is Rhydon. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Also, see the bold writing on my last post.

I would replace Cryogonal with Froslass personally. As for Rhydon, try either Donphan or Flygon.

As for the name of the team, my team names are never appropriate >.<

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    75 isn't too low because of it's purpose: evading protect/detect.
    He is a perfect counter for Gliscor/Yanmega/Ninjask...shall I go on?
    Yeah, ice punch doesn't evade protect? I'm not entirely sure where you're going with this?

Ice punch is pretty much a contact move that has a chance to freeze.

Mamoswine kinda does Weavile's job better in the OU metagame

EDIT: Snivy, if you don't like crygonal, you could also use kabutops instead for a rapid spinner or omastar.

Rhydon... maybe switch it with a flying pokemon? :P
    Last edited by Icarus©; 7th July 2013 at 3:17 PM.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

This is an RU Team! Froslass and Donphan are UU/OU, and Flygon is also UU. Only NU are RU Pokémon are allowed in this tier, otherwise they're banned.

I need:
    - A physical wall/tank
    - A Stealth Rock Pokémon
    - A spinner

I have 2 Team slots.

Haha Icarus, we posted at the same time. Ice Punch doesn't break Protect, nor does it evade it.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    This is an RU Team! Froslass and Donphan are UU/OU, and Flygon is also UU. Only NU are RU Pokémon are allowed in this tier, otherwise they're banned.

I need:
    - A physical wall/tank
    - A Stealth Rock Pokémon
    - A spinner

I have 2 Team slots.
    Try Armaldo then ^_^ He is a fantastic Pokemon and he takes care of all those requirements.
    For the last slot, try Articuno

Ask me stupid stuff

Uh huh. I'll consider it.

Possible options:
    - Steelix
    - Sandslash
    - Armaldo
    - *filler*

Omastar does well for a support/wall role (or shell smash lol) and you could use a Kabutops to fill in your spinner gap.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

True. I've just seen that Hitmonchan/Lee can learn it, so I get my Fighting + Dark + Psychic core up and running (I'd need to remove Emboar). Who knows.

You could also try out Drapion. When I use him, this is the set that I use.

Drapion @ Black Sludge / Life Orb
    Trait: Sniper
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    -Swords Dance
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Taunt

You can use Poison Jab instead of Taunt, but I prefer Taunt. Drapion also comes equipped with an impressive base defense of 110

Ask me stupid stuff

That could work over Absol. I'll try it. I'm looking at Hitmonchan + Steelix over Emboar + Rhydon. Just got Cryogonal to replace nowish. Maybe with Moltres.

EDIT: So far the team is not going great. Really it isn't. I don't see the problem. Time to scrap the remains and start a new team.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 7th July 2013 at 4:26 PM.

You could also try out Drapion. When I use him, this is the set that I use.

Drapion @ Black Sludge / Life Orb
    Trait: Sniper
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    -Swords Dance
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Taunt

You can use Poison Jab instead of Taunt, but I prefer Taunt. Drapion also comes equipped with an impressive base defense of 110
    Excellent set! I think I've finally found another good Rapeion set.
    Also, great! Smogon is back up.
    I'll be posting in the tourney thread soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbean View Post
    Coro coro magazine proud to reveal all new never before seen mega evolutions of latios and latias (exclusive to japan)

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    That could work over Absol. I'll try it. I'm looking at Hitmonchan + Steelix over Emboar + Rhydon. Just got Cryogonal to replace nowish. Maybe with Moltres.

EDIT: So far the team is not going great. Really it isn't. I don't see the problem. Time to scrap the remains and start a new team.
    What a shame :/ Why don't you try Marowak over Rhydon, I always liked Marowak, and he really is a great mon, try this one out.

Marowak @ Thick Club
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    -Substitute
    -Earthquake
    -Double Edge
    -Fire Punch / Swords Dance

The last move slot can be tricky. You can either go with the Swords Dance for a boost, or you could use Fire Punch as coverage for Grass, Bug, and Ice. At that point, it's all about preference.

Ask me stupid stuff

I don't know. I like RU; I've finally realised that. I'm either going to make a new RU team or a new Ubers team. What do you guys think?

I'm going to plan my new Skyrim character. I've read the Golden Compass series of books, and I love the idea of the Subtle Knife. For those who haven't read the books, the Subtle Knife can cut through anything, and even opens windows into other worlds. But it has it's own intentions when it does these things, regardless of it's wielder. The Knife Bearer is the only person who can use the Knife effectively. It's also supposed to look stunning. I'd like to recreate the idea for a weapon like that. Which I will do.

What a shame :/ Why don't you try Marowak over Rhydon, I always liked Marowak, and he really is a great mon, try this one out.

Marowak @ Thick Club
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    -Substitute
    -Earthquake
    -Double Edge
    -Fire Punch / Swords Dance

The last move slot can be tricky. You can either go with the Swords Dance for a boost, or you could use Fire Punch as coverage for Grass, Bug, and Ice. At that point, it's all about preference.
    Considering Marowak's decent defenses, I'd go with Swords Dance. Bases 110 Def and 80 SpDef are alright, so aid its Attack rather than coverage. Overall it's be better to take out an opponent with a boosted offense rather than making sure you have coverage. Your Pokémon will always find a weakness (unless you have Spiritomb) in their opponents, so I say go for the boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbean View Post
    Coro coro magazine proud to reveal all new never before seen mega evolutions of latios and latias (exclusive to japan)

So true. Anyway, RU or Ubers?

EDIT: I flipped a coin (heads Ubers, tails RU). I got tails 3 times. Looks like I'll be doing another RU team.

I can't test my tournament team. PS has it so I have to put the teams in a tier, but what tier?
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 7th July 2013 at 7:28 PM.

Page 653 of 841 FirstFirst ... 553603643649650651652653654655656657663703753 ... LastLast