View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 662 of 918 FirstFirst ... 562612652658659660661662663664665666672712762 ... LastLast
Results 16,526 to 16,550 of 22944

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    Holy crap guys. There's a new move called Topsy-Turvy, and guess what it does. IT INVERTS THE OPPONENT'S STAT CHANGES.

HOLY CRAP.
    That sounds... kinda OP o_O

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    That sounds... kinda OP o_O
    Well yeah if Cloyster has used Shell Smash twice.
    Topsy-Turvy sounds like it'll affect Passed stat changes, too.

Guys. I just met an almost unbeatable Pokemon.
    It was in double battle but if you used it in single battle it would hurt a lot.
    Basically:
    Aron lv.1
    @shell bell
    Sturdy
    Endeavour
    Iron head
    ???
    ???

I got totally creamed by it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    Guys. I just met an almost unbeatable Pokemon.
    It was in double battle but if you used it in single battle it would hurt a lot.
    Basically:
    Aron lv.1
    @shell bell
    Sturdy
    Endeavour
    Iron head
    ???
    ???

I got totally creamed by it!
    Oh my god! Sturdy keeps it from dying immediately! Which makes Endeavor a killer, then Shell Bell heals it!
    That, ladies and gentlemen, is why Hoenn Pokémon are the best.

Aron... not unbeatable. Priority ruins it. I beat it with a team once. I can't remember what team it was, but Aron is easily beaten. But people don't expect it.

No basically. It's unbeatable in single battle. I don't think it can be beaten.
    So. A Pokemon uses, say, surf on the aron. This aron gets taken down to 1HP. Then the aron uses endeavour. Which takes the opponent down to 1HP as well. Shell bell then fully heals aron. The next turn sturdy works again, and aron is on 1HP allowing it to casually kill the opponent with another move.

I see it on Sand Teams a lot. As long as the Pokémon isn't Rock, Ground or Steel, Aron utterly destroy's the opponent. I beat it with a Rain team. That was it.

Oh my god guys I made a stylus for my iPod!!!!!

How can it be beaten please explain?

In OU Aron requires that there are no Stealth Rock or opposing weather to dominate. I had Rain and Stealth Rock. Plus Dugtrio had a Focus Sash, which made Aron a hinderance. But otherwise I would've lost. Want another reason Hoenn is the best region? In HG/SS Bill mentions Lynette, the Hoenn PC Box maker. Bebe isn't mentioned, nor is Amanita (but Amanita was B/W, but she could've been said in passing). Just sayin'.

I'm going to repost my Ubers Sand team.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Slack Off
    - Roar
    - Stealth Rock

This is a very good Physical wall. It can take on Extreme Killer Arceus, Ho Oh, Groudon, Zekrom (bar the mixed sets) and Garchomp with ease, thanks to Slack Off, which gives it a niche to Groudon. With Roar and Stealth Rock, Ho Oh is no longer an issue. Earthquake is STAB, and deals some decent damage to some of the Pokémon in Ubers.

Latias @ Soul Dew
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
    Calm Nature
    - Light Screen
    - Roost
    - Roar
    - Dragon Pulse

This is the best Kyogre check in the game. Latias, with the Soul Dew, has near unrivalled Special Defence, and decent Special Attack to boot. Light Screen means that Special Attacks, from near anything, won't do much to Latias. Roost is great for healing, and doesn't make us weak to Ground like Flying types do (great for noobs). Roar is for the SubCM Kyogre, or any set up sweeper. Dragon Pulse is a reliable STAB, and deals a decent bit of damage. I'm not sure about this Latias, as I'd prefer a more offensive one, which can also tank hits. But Kyogre is scary enough.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 14th July 2013 at 6:53 PM.

Hey, guys, could you take a look at my ubers team, please? It keeps losing:

Kyogre @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 248 Atk / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Dragon Tail
    - Earthquake

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Wish
    - Iron Head
    - Protect
    - Body Slam

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 144 SDef / 112 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Recover
    - Grass Knot
    - Earth Power
    - Thunder Wave

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Spikes
    - Recover
    - Magic Coat
    - Taunt

Magnezone @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 212 HP / 252 SAtk / 44 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Charge Beam
    - Thunder
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Don't worry Roseheart; I'll have a look at it.

Anyway, whilst I test your team, would you help choose a team member for my Ubers team?

EDIT: I would test your team, but I can't get onto Showdown. Smogon's also gone under Maintenance briefly.

I can get on PO if you can?

What do you think about Tyranitar? It will be able to keep up the sandstorm. (Sorry, I'm not so good at building teams, especially with Smogon down ^^; )
    Last edited by Roseheart95; 14th July 2013 at 7:06 PM.

My Animelist

1) I haven't got Pokémon Online.
    2) I'm using Hippowdon, and I chose it because it checks Groudon so much better than Tyranitar.

EDIT: I'm getting rid of Sand. I'm that fickle. Really sorry about repetitive switching of teams guys, but it must be done. I've decided to go with my absolute favourite Uber of all time- Rayquaza. It looks amazing, is a mascot for our clan, and has solid base 150 attacking stats. 95 Speed is higher than Kyogre, Groudon, Reshiram and Zekrom, and speed ties with Kyurem White (base stat wise). It has weaknesses to Ice, Dragon and Rock. I'm not sure what set to use. I used a DD set once, which worked, but it's a late game sweeper. So I might go with the Mixed Rayquaza, which beats Groudon and Lugia, 2 of Rayquaza's checks.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 14th July 2013 at 7:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    Well, Superpower is. Bullet Punch is Steel, not fighting. Mach Punch is also a priority punching move, but Mach is Fighting.
    And how the fuc* did I get 41 more posts from past night. My iPod died on me twice today and I missed alot of discussion xP
    Water resists Steel

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    No basically. It's unbeatable in single battle. I don't think it can be beaten.
    So. A Pokemon uses, say, surf on the aron. This aron gets taken down to 1HP. Then the aron uses endeavour. Which takes the opponent down to 1HP as well. Shell bell then fully heals aron. The next turn sturdy works again, and aron is on 1HP allowing it to casually kill the opponent with another move.
    Not too hard to take down. Hit it with paralysis and hope for parahax. Hit it with a burn and it'll be easy. Change the weather from sandstorm. Hit it with stealth rocks. Hit it with a multi hit move. Hit it with knock off. Leech seed. Dragon tail. Confusion.

Water resists Steel

Not too hard to take down. Hit it with paralysis and hope for parahax. Hit it with a burn and it'll be easy. Change the weather from sandstorm. Hit it with stealth rocks. Hit it with a multi hit move. Hit it with knock off. Leech seed. Dragon tail. Confusion.
    LOL GUYS JUST RUN A GHOST TYPE POKEMON IF YOU WANNA OUTROLL ARON. ENDEAVOR WONT AFFECT YOU.

And Roseheart you sure you wanna use Magnezone in Ubers? Its Special Defense is pathetic, and grants you a huge ground weakness. Your team also seems to lack firepower, so why not run CS Kyogre over your current set?

Kyogre@Choice Scarf
    EVS: 252 SpA; 252 Spd; 4 Def
    Nature: Modest
    - Water Spout
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    Last edited by justinjiaxinghu; 15th July 2013 at 6:16 AM.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    LOL GUYS JUST RUN A GHOST TYPE POKEMON IF YOU WANNA OUTROLL ARON. ENDEAVOR WONT AFFECT YOU.

And Roseheart you sure you wanna use Magnezone in Ubers? Its Special Defense is pathetic, and grants you a huge ground weakness. Your team also seems to lack firepower, so why not run CS Kyogre over your current set?

Kyogre@Choice Scarf
    EVS: 252 SpA; 252 Spd; 4 Def
    Nature: Modest
    - Water Spout
    - Surf
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    Or that. Forgot about that -.-

I agree, Magnezone doesn't really feel at home here. It's mostly just useful for getting rid of Steels but the rest of the team doesn't look like it would have trouble with steels.

I'm just thinking about this now that I may be leaving Serebii for like, the last week of September until after I beat Pokemon X because I don't want to be spoiled and the last two weeks before the game are usually when it happens. It may not neccesarily be thatlong but I'm just telling you all in advance.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Water resists Steel
    <frustrated sigh>
    Malamar is Dark/Psychic
    Bullet Punch is not resisted. Superpower is. Do not ever call Malamar a Water type again.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer
    EDIT: I'm getting rid of Sand. I'm that fickle. Really sorry about repetitive switching of teams guys, but it must be done. I've decided to go with my absolute favourite Uber of all time- Rayquaza. It looks amazing, is a mascot for our clan, and has solid base 150 attacking stats. 95 Speed is higher than Kyogre, Groudon, Reshiram and Zekrom, and speed ties with Kyurem White (base stat wise). It has weaknesses to Ice, Dragon and Rock. I'm not sure what set to use. I used a DD set once, which worked, but it's a late game sweeper. So I might go with the Mixed Rayquaza, which beats Groudon and Lugia, 2 of Rayquaza's checks.
    Kyogre and Groudon are our mascots as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    I'm just thinking about this now that I may be leaving Serebii for like, the last week of September until after I beat Pokemon X because I don't want to be spoiled and the last two weeks before the game are usually when it happens. It may not neccesarily be thatlong but I'm just telling you all in advance.
    I hate spoilers so much. Make me so angry.

"Every night I used to pray that I'd find my people -
    And finally I did - on the open road."

I don't mind a bit but if I know exactly what's going to happen it can be a bit annoying.
    But I like seeing new Pokemon and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    I hate spoilers so much. Make me so angry.
    Yeah, I wish I could get off the forums to make things more of a surprise, but I can't leave the house except for work, so I can only stay socially and mentally stable by posting and talking to you guys.

And Chili, which division are you?

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    <frustrated sigh>
    Malamar is Dark/Psychic
    Bullet Punch is not resisted. Superpower is. Do not ever call Malamar a Water type again.
    WAAAAT

Oh. But it's a squid, I kinda expected it to be Water/Psychic. In that case, it doesn't resist any of scizor's moves.

I enjoy looking at what happens. I don't know why.

@ Blackjack, I know Groudon and Kyogre are mascots as well. I'm in Land Sector, land of the druggies, so I do know this :P

- What's your favourite Rayquaza set guys? I like the DD set. I want to know just out of curiosity. I won't use Rayquaza as my base Pokémon. It seems to have several issues.
    - I'm going to be making my new Spellsword/Nightblade character. One Handed, Destruction, Sneak, Conjuration, Restoration and Light Armor (as well as Smithing, Enchanting and Alchemy).
    - I'll also be playing each region (HG for Kanto and Johto, Emerald for Hoenn, Platinum for Sinnoh and Black 2 for Unova).
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 15th July 2013 at 7:21 PM.

WAAAAT

Oh. But it's a squid, I kinda expected it to be Water/Psychic. In that case, it doesn't resist any of scizor's moves.
    Stunfisk is a fish. It's Ground/Electric though.
    Groudon brings out the sun, but it's a Ground type.

Not all Pokémon have to conform to a type because of their physiological structures and species.

True. It's their capabilities (what they have an ability to do, or what sort of background they have) which defines them. Groudon brings out the sun because Groudon is probably supposed to be like a desert, or the opposite of Kyogre (which brings storms and is supposed to be like the sea). Hence, Ground and Water. That was probably an awful example.

Page 662 of 918 FirstFirst ... 562612652658659660661662663664665666672712762 ... LastLast