View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 663 of 907 FirstFirst ... 563613653659660661662663664665666667673713763 ... LastLast
Results 16,551 to 16,575 of 22659

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Inkay and Malamar are Psychic because I think it's because squids sometimes look like brains.
    Dark because they are supposed to be vampire squids, which are deep sea creatures in the dark depths of the ocean.

That makes sense.

I'm returning to OU people! Ubers is great, but I had no idea what I wanted to use. So I'll be returning to the Overused tier, with my Terrakios Core - Terrakion and Latios. I suppose you could run any of the musketeers with one of the Lati's. I don't know.

Latios @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 3 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Surf
    - Trick

Latios returns as my absolute favourite Pokémon. Draco Meteor is awesome on this; it wrecks balls. Psyshock hits Blissey and Chansey hard, and any Calm Mind user like Keldeo will also lose due to Psyshock hitting opponents on their Physical side, with all the Special sided boosts. Surf is used to hit the majority of Steel types in the game, bar Ferrothorn really. Trick is actually used to outspeed any Lati's that use HP Fire, as the IV lowers that stat by 1, which means Gengar and Latios/Latias would outspeed my Latios. Which I didn't really consider.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 15th July 2013 at 8:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    Yeah, I wish I could get off the forums to make things more of a surprise, but I can't leave the house except for work, so I can only stay socially and mentally stable by posting and talking to you guys.

And Chili, which division are you?
    I'm in the land one

Yes to the fellow Land Sector person!

I'll be participating in a 'do every region before X and Y' runthrough. My games will be LeafGreen, HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum and Black/Black 2. I'm doing Platinum now.

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    Stunfisk is a fish. It's Ground/Electric though.
    Groudon brings out the sun, but it's a Ground type.

Not all Pokémon have to conform to a type because of their physiological structures and species.
    I know that. I'm just saying, it looks like it's a water type to me.

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    I know that. I'm just saying, it looks like it's a water type to me.
    Stunfisk doesn't look much like a water type to me, but i guess people see what they want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zidshinsin View Post
    Stunfisk doesn't look much like a water type to me, but i guess people see what they want to see.
    I'm talking about the squid guys. And I agree with you, I don't think Stunfisk looks like a water type

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    I'm just thinking about this now that I may be leaving Serebii for like, the last week of September until after I beat Pokemon X because I don't want to be spoiled and the last two weeks before the game are usually when it happens. It may not neccesarily be thatlong but I'm just telling you all in advance.
    DONT BE THAT UNACTIVE. I saw a clan get locked because the OP was inactive.

And I love Malimar. OMG it has such a gimmicky move and typing. Mwahahaha Terrakion not gonna let you set up ever again.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

its seems like quagsire with the ability to resist alot of things and stop set-up sweepers,

wait, quagsire and malamar would make a great combo

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    DONT BE THAT UNACTIVE. I saw a clan get locked because the OP was inactive.

And I love Malimar. OMG it has such a gimmicky move and typing. Mwahahaha Terrakion not gonna let you set up ever again.
    Mwahahahaha! Malamar is Dark/Psychic! Terrakion can use X-Scissor!

And I love Quagsire's stall sets, I've forfeited Haxway battles twice because of Stall Quagsire.

Quagsire is OP sometimes. It's a great Kyogre counter in Ubers, with Water Absorb.

I'll be making my OU team now.

Team Terrakios!

Latios @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Psyshock
    - Roost

I went with this Latios over the Specs variant, because this set can switch moves and packs recovery. Draco Meteor isn't quite as powerful as before, but it still hurts a ton of Pokémon. Surf hits most Steel types hard, bar Ferrothorn and mayb Jirachi. Psyshock hits Blissey, Chansey and Fighting types for a lot of damage. Roost is recovery.

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Rock Polish
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat

This Pokémon can set up on some of the Steel types and Tyranitar that Latios lures in. It can then boost it's Attack and/or Speed, and then attack. This set can bring down Gliscor, which annoys Terrakion forever. Close Combat + Stone Edge has decent coverage (Terrakion doesn't really require a coverage move).

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Bounce
    - Stone Edge

Gyarados provides a spare Ground immunity, as well as Steel resists. It can also take Bullet Punches, Mach Punches and Ice Shards from Scizor, Breloom and Mamoswine. Dragon Dance is for set up, and allows it to do massive damage. This is further boosted by Moxie. Waterfall is STAB, and very powerful. Bounce deals damage to some Dragons and most Grass types. Stone Edge hits Kyurem B, Rotom and Dragonite for decent damage. Lum Berry is used over Life Orb because I don't like status on my sweeper.

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Roar
    - Protect
    - Toxic

Heatran makes a decent Special tank with it's typing. Lava Plume has good chance of burning, which is always useful. Roar shuffles the opponents team, and racks up entry hazards damage. Toxic + Protect is great for stalling.

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Relaxed Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock
    - Volt Switch
    - Gyro Ball

Forretress really helps this team out with entry hazards and Rapid Spin. It also tanks Physical hits. Volt Switch is for prediction, and to switch into counters for the opponents team. Gyro Ball is for some damage.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 16th July 2013 at 8:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    Quagsire is OP sometimes. It's a great Kyogre counter in Ubers, with Water Absorb.
    But, but, why not Unaware? That's the main reason it's used

Immunity to Water? I don't know. It just said Quagsire could stall out Kyogre with Encore and Toxic, which made me assume it's somehow immune to Water maybe.

Like my OU team? I need a 6th member. Suggest away.

it was an hour ago when this happened to me: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/hackmons-39934486

130 turns of boring between 2 wonder guard pokes.

Immunity to Water? I don't know. It just said Quagsire could stall out Kyogre with Encore and Toxic, which made me assume it's somehow immune to Water maybe.

Like my OU team? I need a 6th member. Suggest away.
    Some Pokémon that can Taunt -a stallbreaker. I can see stallers just frustrating you by using Re-Tox Quagsire (Encore and Toxic) w/ WaterAbsorb on your Gyrados. Perhaps this stallbreaker can make sure Dugtrio doesn't get to your Heatran, considering I've encountered too many Dugtrio's and Donphan's when having Heatran in the Battle Tower's higher levels.
    Otherwise, your team just needs a stallbreaker.

Okay! Starting a RegionRun challenge. It involves going through every region of the series by playing each game starting in that region.

Plan: LeafGreen, HeartGold, Ruby, Platinum, Black

This will take up the waiting time between now and the release date of X/Y.

LeafGreen team so far:

Hey, I'm playing Leafgreen too!! My team:

BURT
    FLAGELLA
    PONCEY
    JIBBS
    CH'DING
    HERBERT (Training him right now)

I'll be making my OU team now.

Team Terrakios!

Latios @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Psyshock
    - Roost

I went with this Latios over the Specs variant, because this set can switch moves and packs recovery. Draco Meteor isn't quite as powerful as before, but it still hurts a ton of Pokémon. Surf hits most Steel types hard, bar Ferrothorn and mayb Jirachi. Psyshock hits Blissey, Chansey and Fighting types for a lot of damage. Roost is recovery.

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Rock Polish
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat

This Pokémon can set up on some of the Steel types and Tyranitar that Latios lures in. It can then boost it's Attack and/or Speed, and then attack. This set can bring down Gliscor, which annoys Terrakion forever. Close Combat + Stone Edge has decent coverage (Terrakion doesn't really require a coverage move).

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Bounce
    - Stone Edge

Gyarados provides a spare Ground immunity, as well as Steel resists. It can also take Bullet Punches, Mach Punches and Ice Shards from Scizor, Breloom and Mamoswine. Dragon Dance is for set up, and allows it to do massive damage. This is further boosted by Moxie. Waterfall is STAB, and very powerful. Bounce deals damage to some Dragons and most Grass types. Stone Edge hits Kyurem B, Rotom and Dragonite for decent damage. Lum Berry is used over Life Orb because I don't like status on my sweeper.

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Roar
    - Protect
    - Toxic

Heatran makes a decent Special tank with it's typing. Lava Plume has good chance of burning, which is always useful. Roar shuffles the opponents team, and racks up entry hazards damage. Toxic + Protect is great for stalling.

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Relaxed Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stealth Rock
    - Volt Switch
    - Gyro Ball

Forretress really helps this team out with entry hazards and Rapid Spin. It also tanks Physical hits. Volt Switch is for prediction, and to switch into counters for the opponents team. Gyro Ball is for some damage.
    WHY NO SALAC BERRY SUB + SD TERRAKION. Its so cool.

Guys Wobbufet is officially my favorite Pokemon to use in Ubers now.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

I'll soon be starting LG. Maybe tonight? I need to make a team first.

And I never use Taunt on my Pokémon. Stall isn't really common enough to see when I battle. So anything could work. Maybe a revenge killer or something.

I need to make a team first.
    NO YOU DON'T IT'S A PLAYTHROUGH

You do not need to plan a team beforehand. Just play the game. Your team will come to you as you go along.

You double posted there. Tut tut. But I see your point. Sort of. I'll just 'go with the flow'.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 17th July 2013 at 10:58 PM.

I picked Platinum back up....AGAIN FINALLY!

I just got to the bottom of Cycling Road but saved all of the trainers to train whoever my newest team member will be. MY team is Ponyta, and Grotle so far. Any suggestions on what to add? I don't want types to overlap, it has to be catchable before Fantina, and it cant overlap the typing of my future Scizor.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Back from my week long vacation! What does everyone think of the new Pokemon released?

I thought the clan seemed a little quiet, welcome back Yveltal!

Anyone up for some OU?

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    I thought the clan seemed a little quiet, welcome back Yveltal!

Anyone up for some OU?
    Lol why thank you :P I would do some OU, but I swam six hours last night and only got four hours of sleep then had a five hour train ride O_O
    I might battle you tomorrow though >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Lol why thank you :P I would do some OU, but I swam six hours last night and only got four hours of sleep then had a five hour train ride O_O
    I might battle you tomorrow though >.<
    LOL WUT.

And ARRGHHH I LOST IN THE SEMIFINALS OF KOTS' WORD TOURNEY. I'm gonna compete for third now, hoping I'll do well lol.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Page 663 of 907 FirstFirst ... 563613653659660661662663664665666667673713763 ... LastLast