View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

    6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

    4 40.00%
Page 664 of 920 FirstFirst ... 564614654660661662663664665666667668674714764 ... LastLast
Results 16,576 to 16,600 of 22984

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

  1. #16576
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Oh, good luck with the tournament guys! How is that going btw?

    Also, I really like Malimar, I hope he can use Contrary well, considering Serperior is the only person that is good with it that has the ability -_-

  2. #16577
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Welcome back, Yveltal!
    Considering the tournament has you in it, it's going very slowly. Only Poix, Galahad, Ninja Eevee, and I have done our battles.

    Region Run Kanto Section is going well.
    beat Gary, Misty, Gary, and Lt Surge today after like three hours of level grinding.

  3. #16578
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    Welcome back, Yveltal!
    Considering the tournament has you in it, it's going very slowly. Only Poix, Galahad, Ninja Eevee, and I have done our battles.

    Region Run Kanto Section is going well.
    beat Gary, Misty, Gary, and Lt Surge today after like three hours of level grinding.
    I said I wasn't going to be in the tournament though lol. Whoever is my opponent wins :P

    Anyone imagine what kind of movepool Malamar might get to back up its ability?

  4. #16579
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gliese 581-G
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    What is its ability?

  5. #16580
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    What is its ability?
    It has contrary. Only one Pokemon out of the few that have it can make use of it, and I really want Malamar to use it well

  6. #16581
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Juan del Sur
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Contrary is kind of gimmicky though. I don't know how well it will function with Topsy-Turvy or whatever the hell it's move is called. Hopefully it'll get something similar to Serperior's Leaf Storm so it can make good use of Contrary.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  7. #16582
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    Contrary is kind of gimmicky though. I don't know how well it will function with Topsy-Turvy or whatever the hell it's move is called. Hopefully it'll get something similar to Serperior's Leaf Storm so it can make good use of Contrary.
    aren't most abilities gimmicky?
    Topsy-Turvy would be an interesting one. Maybe to counteract moves that would otherwise be bad for Contrary users like Charge Beam to make it still give you that positive effect

  8. #16583
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96
    Anyone imagine what kind of movepool Malamar might get to back up its ability?
    Considering Topsy Turvy already flips stat changes, I think Malamar's cleric status is immenent.
    Malamar is typed Psychic sooooooo.......... Competitive Speculation!

    Malamar Competitive Speculation:
        Spoiler:- Competitive Speculation:

  9. #16584
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gliese 581-G
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Borderline? You can't place stuff in borderline like that! I'm guessing it will be RU.

    Good analyses, considering we don't know anything about it yet. I'm hoping Scizor and some of those others drop to UU for some reason or another.

  10. #16585
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    Borderline? You can't place stuff in borderline like that! I'm guessing it will be RU.

    Good analyses, considering we don't know anything about it yet. I'm hoping Scizor and some of those others drop to UU for some reason or another.
    >.> No. Scizor will always be the king! Hail to the King!
    TBH, I don't think Scizor will drop to UU anytime soon. Fire types are very common in higher tiers, yet he still hasn't been scared from his throne.

  11. #16586
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gliese 581-G
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    I agree, I don't see it dropping anytime soon. But I kind of wish it (and other OU OUs) does at some point.

  12. #16587
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Juan del Sur
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    Considering Topsy Turvy already flips stat changes, I think Malamar's cleric status is immenent.
    Malamar is typed Psychic sooooooo.......... Competitive Speculation!

    Malamar Competitive Speculation:
        Spoiler:- Competitive Speculation:
    That's what I'm trying to say. Contrary and Topsy-Turvy do similar things so I wonder if there is a combo of the two that could make a great strategy.

    Btw, my birthday is in like four days. July 23rd!!!!! I'm so excited! And I think Norn's birthday is tomorrow....a big birthday week at THT!
    Last edited by Hudsonn98; 18th July 2013 at 2:30 PM.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  13. #16588
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    That's what I'm trying to say. Contrary and Topsy-Turvy do similar things so I wonder if there is a combo of the two that could make a great strategy.

    Btw, my birthday is in like four days. July 23rd!!!!! I'm so excited! And I think Norn's birthday is tomorrow....a big birthday week at THT!
    Oh lol I forgot to mention my birthday it was at July 2nd :/

    Messing around in the OU/Ubers ladder, and I'm sad that the people in the former kinda...are noobs lol.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  14. #16589
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Nice speculation going on there guys.

    I'll be starting LeafGreen later today. I have a bit of time, so I may as well use it.

  15. #16590
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Man anyone with a brain would have switched that Palkia out earlier. Forfeit. Man people are lame >.>
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-40245872

    aaaand another forfeit
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-40246878
    Last edited by Yveltal96; 18th July 2013 at 5:37 PM.

  16. #16591
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gliese 581-G
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Yveltal, any reason you use Politoed over Kyogre?

  17. #16592
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    Yveltal, any reason you use Politoed over Kyogre?
    Because I wanted to prove non uber pokemon can do well in uber tier. This team is just a statement that legendaries aren't all that powerful

  18. #16593
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gliese 581-G
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Ok, true, but when you go "you're a loser" at the end and "this should be easy" at the beginning it doesn't really help people see that

  19. #16594
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    I suppose Politoed is easier to KO compared to Kyogre, meaning your other Pokémon can sweep quicker. I don't know. I'm guessing here.

  20. #16595
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London (GMT+/-0)
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Guys I just saw the best abuse if rhyperior's base 140 attack stat. It was just omfg.
    So basically. It requires a double battle. Rhyperior knows protect and earthquake and cressilia knows trick room and swagger.
    Cressilia has levitate and rhyperior is holding a Lum berry. First turn rhyperior uses protect and cressilia uses trick room. Then on the next turn cressilia uses swagger on rhyperior. Lum berry heals it. Rhyperior goes on an earthquake rampage.

  21. #16596
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    That'd work Shade. I like Weavile + Terrakion strategy though. Beat Up on Terrakion = +6 Attack. Terrakion proceeds to own team with good coverage.

    I'll be starting LeafGreen with one of the Bugs! This'll be hard, as they're weak against Rock, the first gym. But it'll be fun!

  22. #16597
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    Ok, true, but when you go "you're a loser" at the end and "this should be easy" at the beginning it doesn't really help people see that
    he was being a jerk lol. He was sending me private messages saying how my team sucks and how i shouldn't be in ubers. what'd you expect lol. I smack talk a lot it's just entertaining for me :P

  23. #16598
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    OK, the initial plan for using Butterfree may not happen, because I may start with Squirtle. I don't know.

  24. #16599
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    yay for bulky ludicolo. I made some stupid moves in this game, but I still won. But barely.
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-40254837

  25. #16600
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Why did he run Hyper Beam in a competitive battle?

Page 664 of 920 FirstFirst ... 564614654660661662663664665666667668674714764 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •