View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 666 of 917 FirstFirst ... 566616656662663664665666667668669670676716766 ... LastLast
Results 16,626 to 16,650 of 22915

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Sigiliph is hands down the most annoying pokemon for me to take down. Even harder than shuckle and stuff like that, because at least you can toxic shuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    Sigiliph is hands down the most annoying pokemon for me to take down. Even harder than shuckle and stuff like that, because at least you can toxic shuckle.
    For sure, for sure. I have also run into my fair share of problems with Magic Guard Reuniclus. The thing is a frickin beast with CM and a Life Orb

a new team i just threw together
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-40382396
    Last edited by Yveltal96; 19th July 2013 at 8:36 AM.

lol i never share replays :/

Well here is one against one of the best Ubers players on Earth, Sweep. I beat him, but it was probably because he was using a mono-water team which was actually really good o_o
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers12835455

In the end, I kinda freaked out about the mechanics about Air Lock and everything, which was really weird. And Omastar and Ludicolo are actually quite usable in Ubers, so dont hesitate to add them in order to add some vamp to your team
    Last edited by justinjiaxinghu; 19th July 2013 at 11:06 AM.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

You seemed very surprised by your victory. I also agree with that guys suggestion on Shaymin- S.

I've beaten Misty on LG! I have Dr.Awesome the Wartortle, level 24, and DesertRat the Sandshrew, level 17. Let me say Sandshrew is so far incredibly weak.

All these battles have inspired me to create a new team! I had a decent one earlier, but it won't go anywhere. So I'll make a new one. Let's see if I can keep it this time...
    No idea what tier though. I'm torn. I'll look though... and I have still not decided. It's between OU, Ubers and RU I think. Time to do a randomiser!

EDIT: The tier was Ubers. I did it 5 times, each time switching around the order at the start. Ubers was the most common, followed by RU. However, I usually do the opposite of what I intended because I immediately see the flaws of my decision. So I'll go RU. Same Regenerator Core, except Tangrowth > Amoonguss.

Slowking @ Leftovers
    Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Slack Off
    - Psyshock
    - Toxic

Slowking was awesome. It can take so many different attacks it's unbelievable. Scald hopefully burns some Physical attackers, such as Bouffalant and Aggron. It'll also deal decent damage, thanks to the STAB boost. Slack Off is reliable recovery, and allows it to tank hits easier. Psyshock is there to beat down Special walls such as Cryogonal, who'll try and take a hit from Slowking. And I chose Toxic over Thunder Wave because I found my style needed recurring damage, instead of paralysis. Hence, I never use Jirachi or things like that.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
    Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Sleep Powder
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power {Fire}
    - Leech Seed

I think Tangrowth makes a better tank than Amoonguss, because of Leech Seed. Amoonguss is also quite specially bulky, whereas Tangrowth is more physically bulky, although I'm not expecting it to take Entei's Flare Blitz. Sleep Powder basically = 1 Pokémon down. With Leech Seed, this will quickly wear down the opponents team. Giga Drain is STAB, and gives a little bit of HP back. HP Fire is for hitting Grass types.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 20th July 2013 at 12:25 AM.

YAY TANGROWTHHHHHHH!!!!!

And yeah, I was surprised by my victory. Very. lol.

BTW Everything looks fine so far Snivy. Maybe add Rhydon again?
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

I'm thinking of making an OU team based around Darmanitan. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    I'm thinking of making an OU team based around Darmanitan. Thoughts?
    That would be fairly difficult, but I recommend lots of support, more particularly in wish and rapid spin.

- Sun support would be useful. Maybe run a F/W/G core. You could use Rotom W, which resists Water and is immune to Ground, and can beat all of it's weaknesses with Electric and Water moves. It also forms VoltTurn with Darmanitan, if you use U- Turn. Grass type wise, maybe run something a bit bulkier. Celebi, Ferrothorn, Venusaur (if using Sun). All could work. Could also use Roserade or Shaymin as well. Shaymin isn't weak to Dark or Ghost, so isn't Pursuit weak. However, it's not that bulky.
    - Darmanitan loves sun, so you could use Darmanitan, Ninetales and Venusaur for your sun abuse. You'd have a big weakness to Ground, and Rock. Water isn't an issue. Maybe use Xatu? It's immune to Rock, and has Magic Bounce which is useful. Also has U- Turn, for momentum. Then you'd be OK. Run other strong physical/special sweepers to help. Latios/Latias, Dragonite, Dugtrio, Heatran, Hydreigon- they all work decently. I'd recommend Latias, as it can take on Rain teams. Dugtrio too, for Tyranitar, Terrakion and Heatran, who'd also annoy you.

I don't like Rhydon. It never worked for me. I'm thinking along the lines of Accelgor and Hitmonlee (for Spikes and for a revenge killer). Maybe. I need team synergy. May not even run Tangrowth. I don't know.

Slowking @ Leftovers
    Regenerator
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Slack Off
    - Psyshock
    - Toxic

Slowking was awesome. It can take so many different attacks it's unbelievable. Scald hopefully burns some Physical attackers, such as Bouffalant and Aggron. It'll also deal decent damage, thanks to the STAB boost. Slack Off is reliable recovery, and allows it to tank hits easier. Psyshock is there to beat down Special walls such as Cryogonal, who'll try and take a hit from Slowking. And I chose Toxic over Thunder Wave because I found my style needed recurring damage, instead of paralysis. Hence, I never use Jirachi or things like that.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
    Regenerator
    Bold Nature
    - Sleep Powder
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power {Fire}
    - Leech Seed

I think Tangrowth makes a better tank than Amoonguss, because of Leech Seed. Amoonguss is also quite specially bulky, whereas Tangrowth is more physically bulky, although I'm not expecting it to take Entei's Flare Blitz. Sleep Powder basically = 1 Pokémon down. With Leech Seed, this will quickly wear down the opponents team. Giga Drain is STAB, and gives a little bit of HP back. HP Fire is for hitting Grass types.

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
    Vital Spirit
    EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power {Grass}

Magmortar is my Entei replacement. I prefer this anyway. Expert Belt, Modest, STAB Fire Blast will destroy anything weak to Fire. Thunderbolt helps against Water types, bar Lanturn and Quagsire. Which is what HP Grass does. Focus Blast hits any Pokémon which resist all those moves, such as Druddigon and other Dragons.

I need to have a Ghost, Dark, Poison, Flying and Rock. resist, and a Steel type resists all of them.

Aggron @ Choice Band
    Rock Head
    EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Fire Punch
    - Head Smash
    - Earthquake
    - Heavy Slam

This thing is my new wallbreaker, alongside Magmortar. Just need hazards and a spinner now. I went with Banded Aggron, to wreck Ghost and Dark types easily. Head Smash has no recoil thanks to Rock Head. Earthquake has near perfect coverage with Head Smash, and deals good damage. Heavy Slam is my secondary STAB, and also deals some decent damage. Quagsire is beaten by Tangrowth, and Qwilfish by Slowking and Tangrowth.

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
    Sticky Hold
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Spikes
    - Final Gambit
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hidden Power {Rock}

Suicide lead Accelgor. Fastest thing around so far. Spikes up, and then die with Final Gambit. Bug Buzz is STAB, and deals good damage should Accelgor have set up enough Spikes to then deal damage. HP Rock is for coverage, which I chose of Focus Blast because inaccuracy on a suicide lead would suck.

I don't like Entei. It doesn't look like it fits well into my team. Might go for Magmortar/Typhlosion...
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 20th July 2013 at 3:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    - Sun support would be useful. Maybe run a F/W/G core. You could use Rotom W, which resists Water and is immune to Ground, and can beat all of it's weaknesses with Electric and Water moves. It also forms VoltTurn with Darmanitan, if you use U- Turn. Grass type wise, maybe run something a bit bulkier. Celebi, Ferrothorn, Venusaur (if using Sun). All could work. Could also use Roserade or Shaymin as well. Shaymin isn't weak to Dark or Ghost, so isn't Pursuit weak. However, it's not that bulky.
    - Darmanitan loves sun, so you could use Darmanitan, Ninetales and Venusaur for your sun abuse. You'd have a big weakness to Ground, and Rock. Water isn't an issue. Maybe use Xatu? It's immune to Rock, and has Magic Bounce which is useful. Also has U- Turn, for momentum. Then you'd be OK. Run other strong physical/special sweepers to help. Latios/Latias, Dragonite, Dugtrio, Heatran, Hydreigon- they all work decently. I'd recommend Latias, as it can take on Rain teams. Dugtrio too, for Tyranitar, Terrakion and Heatran, who'd also annoy you.

I don't like Rhydon. It never worked for me. I'm thinking along the lines of Accelgor and Hitmonlee (for Spikes and for a revenge killer). Maybe. I need team synergy. May not even run Tangrowth. I don't know.

Slowking @ Leftovers
    Regenerator
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Slack Off
    - Psyshock
    - Toxic

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
    Regenerator
    Bold Nature
    - Sleep Powder
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power {Fire}
    - Leech Seed

Entei @ Choice Band
    Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Extremespeed
    - Stone Edge
    - Sleep Talk

I've been told this was a superior threat in RU. Time for me to use it! Entei has good physical attack, and Flare Blitz abuses this. STAB, Banded Flare Blitz will break through most of the walls I need it to, to help out Tangrowth and Slowking. Extremespeed means we don't have to worry so much about picking Pokémon off. Stone Edge is for coverage, and hits other Fire types for Super Effective damage. Sleep Talk was chosen over HP Grass, because this way Entei can switch into Sleep inducing Pokémon and threaten them with it's moves. Synergy wise, it becomes the third member of the F/W/G core.

I need to have a Ghost, Dark, Poison, Flying and Rock. resist, and a Steel type resists all of them.

Aggron @ Life Orb
    Rock Head
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Rock Polish
    - Head Smash
    - Earthquake
    - Heavy Slam

This thing is my new wallbreaker, alongside Entei. Just need hazards and a spinner now. I went with Rock Polish Aggron, to set up on Ghost and Dark types. Head Smash has no recoil thanks to Rock Head, although it doesn't block Life Orb. Earthquake has near perfect coverage with Head Smash, and deals good damage. Heavy Slam is my secondary STAB, and also deals some decent damage. Quagsire is beaten by Tangrowth, and Qwilfish by Slowking and Tangrowth.

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
    Sticky Hold
    Timid Nature
    - Spikes
    - Final Gambit
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hidden Power {Rock}

Suicide lead Accelgor. Fastest thing around so far. Spikes up, and then die with Final Gambit. Bug Buzz is STAB, and deals good damage should Accelgor have set up enough Spikes to then deal damage. HP Rock is for coverage, which I chose of Focus Blast because inaccuracy on a suicide lead would suck.

I don't like Entei. It doesn't look like it fits well into my team. Might go for Magmortar/Typhlosion...
    LO/CS Magmortar is pretty good. As for Typhlosion, I've never used it :/
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Hey guys,
    00swms invited us to compete in the Trisstesse (sp?) Tourney which is like a massive clan war where you battle other clans and try and score the most points. I need five people to sign up to be on our team. If we can't get enough, I'll volunteer but I don't want to take up a space that others might want. Oh and Yveltal, this is mandatory for you. We need to win. I'd so encourage Geno, Justin, and Snivy to sign up since you've been doing a lot of competitive talk lately and you can put your skills to the test. Just message me if you'd like to sign up because I need to get back to 00swms soon. Thanks!
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    Hey guys,
    00swms invited us to compete in the Trisstesse (sp?) Tourney which is like a massive clan war where you battle other clans and try and score the most points. I need five people to sign up to be on our team. If we can't get enough, I'll volunteer but I don't want to take up a space that others might want. Oh and Yveltal, this is mandatory for you. We need to win. I'd so encourage Geno, Justin, and Snivy to sign up since you've been doing a lot of competitive talk lately and you can put your skills to the test. Just message me if you'd like to sign up because I need to get back to 00swms soon. Thanks!
    And 00swms is in which clan?
    And yes I'll join if it's a PS hosted Tournament.

I'm in. What tier is all this going to be in?

So we'd have Genosect, Justin, Yveltal, Snivy and Blackjack. Looks solid.

Changing Entei to Magmortar, might switch Aggron to a Banded set. Just need a spinner now I think. Maybe. Thinking SD Spinner Sandslash. Maybe Hitmonchan. Not too sure. Do I need a spinner? Only Accelgor and my Fire type would be weak to it, and Accelgor is a suicide lead.

Slowking @ Leftovers
    Regenerator
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Slack Off
    - Psyshock
    - Toxic

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
    Regenerator
    Bold Nature
    - Sleep Powder
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power {Fire}
    - Leech Seed

Magmortar @ Expert Belt
    Vital Spirit
    EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power {Grass}

Magmortar is my Entei replacement. I prefer this anyway. Expert Belt, Modest, STAB Fire Blast will destroy anything weak to Fire. Thunderbolt helps against Water types, bar Lanturn and Quagsire. Which is what HP Grass does. Focus Blast hits any Pokémon which resist all those moves, such as Druddigon and other Dragons.

Aggron @ Choice Band
    Rock Head
    EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Fire Punch
    - Head Smash
    - Earthquake
    - Heavy Slam

This thing is my new wallbreaker, alongside Magmortar. Just need hazards and a spinner now. I went with Banded Aggron, to wreck Ghost and Dark types easily. Head Smash has no recoil thanks to Rock Head. Earthquake has near perfect coverage with Head Smash, and deals good damage. Heavy Slam is my secondary STAB, and also deals some decent damage. Quagsire is beaten by Tangrowth, and Qwilfish by Slowking and Tangrowth.

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
    Sticky Hold
    Timid Nature
    - Spikes
    - Final Gambit
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hidden Power {Rock}

Sandslash @ Lum Berry
    Sand Rush
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Night Slash / Stealth Rock

Sandslash makes it as my last member (I think). Rapid Spin to rid the field of enemy hazards, Swords Dance boosts my attack pretty high. Earthquake is STAB. Night Slash to KO Ghosts, or Stealth Rock to wear down Pokémon who are immune to Spikes. TBH, I don't think I need Sandslash. I need Stealth Rock though... maybe Druddigon.

My question to you- do I use Sandslash, or Druddigon? Druddigon provides Stealth Rock, and has better synergy with my team. But Sandslash has Rapid Spin. is my team very reliant on not having hazards to damage the team?
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 20th July 2013 at 3:52 PM.

Snivy....Geno and Blackjack are the same person.....lol

I have to participate apparently so so far the team is:

Hudsonn
    Snivy
    Will5iam
    Blackjack
    Yveltal

Sorry anyone who wanted to join. I'm assuming anyone else who wanted to join was in the CC so yeah. If you weren't in CC, then contact me and I'll see what I can do. I just want to make it fair so that everyone who wants to be in a clan tourney can do it.

Justin, I know you probably want to do this but you fall under the category of already having done the Combatants Cup (I think) otherwise, you would have been on this team.

Still no word on whether its PS or not but I'll let everyone know when we find out.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

****. I knew that.

My RU team is doing OK. I think I need a spinner, and Druddigon hasn't done much as of yet. But the team looks solid.

Okay....sorry for the DP but its PO or PS, whichever is your preference. I will sign us up this afternoon just in case lineups change.

I was a leader of the Combatants Cup, so am I still allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    Okay....sorry for the DP but its PO or PS, whichever is your preference. I will sign us up this afternoon just in case lineups change.
    Who are we going in war against? My friend in TEG said they would like to battle us.

Right. The team didn't work. I have an illness called restartitis, which is so far incurable. Let's see if we can stop it for now, and pro-long the inevitable. I'll be making a new team, but not in RU. Maybe Ubers again. Might make the team for the tourney. I'll find out which tier.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 20th July 2013 at 4:38 PM.

I was a leader of the Combatants Cup, so am I still allowed?
    Yeah, you're fine. You deserve it. I mean, you/ve been THT's competitive master for the past almost two years!

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Who are we going in war against? My friend in TEG said they would like to battle us.
    Its not a war. It's similar to the Combatant's Cup ut we are trying to score the most point for our clan. Like a massive all-out multiple clan war.

And Justin, we need subs so I'm putting you as a sub. If anyone else wants to be a sub, contact me. will5iam may not be able to battle sometimes due to vacation so subs might get more action than they think.

Hudsonn, please answer my VM so I know. Then I can make my team.

Anyway, I'm debating my Armor choice for Skyrim. Heavy or Light. Heavy Armor would be Ahzidal mask, with probably Nordic Carved Armor. Light Armor would be Shrouded Hood (possibly), with the white Vampire Armor.

Thanks for all your tips, Snivy! I think I'll definitely have Darm/Ninetales/Venusaur(Or maybe Victreebel). Do you think Tentacruel could function in sun?

Not particularly. It requires Rain Dish to function properly, I think anyway. Starmie could work as an offensive spinner, as BoltBeam hits a ton of stuff anyway, and in Sun HP Fire is pseudo STAB.

I forgot about Starmie, never used one before. Sounds like a plan. Should I give her lefties and invest some EVs in defense?

lol we're on our 666th page \m/

I'd run either Life Orb or Leftovers. I'd use Standard Starmie EVs, but instead of a Water STAB you use HP Fire.

I'll be making an OU team around Latias, simply for set up and sweep. Latias, with Calm Mind and Roost, can deal huge amounts of damage to unprepared teams.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 21st July 2013 at 1:56 PM.

Right. The team didn't work. I have an illness called restartitis, which is so far incurable. Let's see if we can stop it for now, and pro-long the inevitable. I'll be making a new team, but not in RU. Maybe Ubers again. Might make the team for the tourney. I'll find out which tier.

I have resartitis too! except mine is in the context of skyrim characters :L

Page 666 of 917 FirstFirst ... 566616656662663664665666667668669670676716766 ... LastLast