View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 672 of 858 FirstFirst ... 572622662668669670671672673674675676682722772 ... LastLast
Results 16,776 to 16,800 of 21440

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Hey. Guys. I haven't been on for ages. I've given up battling except random battles on showdown because I never win. I think it might be because i can't build teams.
    Help.

Moxie is good. I've never really used it, but if you can I would suggest using it.

MY only experience with Moxie was on my Krookodile on my White playthrough. It freaking kicked *****! If anyone wants to give me a Moxie Heracross, I'd love them forever.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

do you need black or white to be a trainer? im not fully informed on how this works XD

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    I agree with Justin, Zapdos is a great flying type.

One thing I noticed, though - You have both a Gyarados and a Salamence, but neither one of them has Moxie O.O I would highly recommend Moxie on at least one of them.
    Gyrados then.
    New smexy sig.
    Awaiting check.
    LeafGreen progress:
    Stuck in Cinnabar Mansion area, lost to several Grimers and Trainers.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    Dw-Dwebble?!
    Oh god, that was really scary.
    And while I am getting ready to move I have to show you guys something I got from 2004 at the NYC Pokémon Center.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle-41467193
    I am loving this random battle stuff. Terrakion sweep this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    I think it might be because i can't build teams.
    Help.
    I had an idea for the clan which could sort this. but people didn't read it. I'll plan you a team. Whether or not it works I don't know. Pick whatever it is you want tier wise. I can do most tiers, bar the random ones (but everyone here does them, so you can ask them).

Nice battles everyone. Looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    I had an idea for the clan which could sort this. but people didn't read it. I'll plan you a team. Whether or not it works I don't know. Pick whatever it is you want tier wise. I can do most tiers, bar the random ones (but everyone here does them, so you can ask them).

Nice battles everyone. Looking good.
    Aren't you the clan's Team Builder? Or is that unofficial?

That was the idea. It was never approved though, at least as far as I know. Technically I do it anyway, but still...

I'm thinking of switching Donphan to Forretress. It gives me flexibility (eg. Dugtrio to trap and kill Heatran and Tyranitar without a fuss). Plus Victini, Venusaur and other sweepers prefer Forretress' resistances.

I could help with this teambuilding thing. I am generally good at it. Well, if you are doing a stall team especially, so if you want a stall team, ask me and I can help ^_^

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

i dibs ubers. thats all.

anddd lookie here

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-41396041

My new sand team ^o^
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

hey, great game man. Personally I would have used Curse on TTar, and invested 252 EVs in his SpD and given him Careful nature (not sure if that's what you gave him) then 252 Atk and 4 HP. That would go amazing in the Ubers I think.

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    hey, great game man. Personally I would have used Curse on TTar, and invested 252 EVs in his SpD and given him Careful nature (not sure if that's what you gave him) then 252 Atk and 4 HP. That would go amazing in the Ubers I think.
    Tried that, but it doesn't give offensive pressure to the opponent, allowing them to easily get hazards up (Excadrill is my spinner, but I find it hard to get spins off). And I put a few EVS in SpD i think, but I run a CB TTar in this team. With CB, he deals a whooping 93.3 - 110.17% with Low Kick xD
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Fair enough. Here is a replay in ubers of a none other than: Shuckle sweep
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-41525210

Ask me stupid stuff

^^That guy was an extreme noob. First, special Normal Arceus and using Judgement on a TTar? And then Dark Pulse? lol. I found it hilarious that brick break did like 30% on your TTar haha.

And yeah no HJK XD.

That Shuckle O_o

@Ninja Eevee: Your poor Tauros. Poor poor Tauros.
    Last edited by justinjiaxinghu; 28th July 2013 at 1:24 PM.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Snivy. You are approved.......... I an do that.... Right?

Uh anyway NU preferably duosion with psychic/dark/fight base. We started something like this before. Idk.

I feel happy now I'm gonna go on showdown.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle-41670994

Epic Starmie sweep on my cousins account :P
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

To Shade: I'd run Duosion / Skuntank / Sawk or Gurdurr as your Psychic / Dark / Fighting core. Either Sawk or Gurdurr is fine. Sawk is more offensive, gurdurr more bulky. I'd run Gurdurr, as Stuntank can rid Gurdurr of Ghost types, so a Bulk Up sweep can be likely. Duosion can also sweep with no Steel types around, and a Bulk Up sweep from Gurdurr usually beats the Steel types. You now have a Flying and Ground weakness you need to counter. Ice types murder both of them, but don't offer much synergy. Rock types are good for Flying types- Regirock and counter Swellow and usually Bravairy, and sets up Stealth Rock. But Ground is now an issue. As is Water and Steel. Mind you, Gurdurr beats steel types, so that really isn't an offensive issue. A water type can beat Ground, resists Water and Steel and can just be useful. i believe you like Samurott? Might be a worthy choice here. then you have an Electric weakness. Only one Pokemon left really, if you actually want to follow this set of ideas (these aren't set in stone, just me speaking what I think so my mind can think clearly). Grass is also an issue- why not a Grass type? Offensively, Exeggutor is cool, but you already have a Psychic type. Tangela is good defensively. Serperior can set up Calm Mind, whilst Simisage can go Swords Dance or Nasty Plot. All worthy ideas. I like F/W/G cores, but with this you miss Fire typing. When I finish my Sun team, I'll come back to NU- I've got a few ideas from thinking about this team...

this idea next will probably not work, as I tried this with my first RU team, and it fell apart. But it's an idea, so you may as well look at it: replace Duosion with Exeggutor, and your Fighting type with Combusken. then you have F/W/G and (if you keep Stuntank) Psychic + Dark + Fighting. You can do this in RU as well (Crawdaunt + Emboar + Exeggutor) or even OU (Sharpedo + Infernape + Celebi). 2 cores from3 Pokemon. But if one goes down, the core breaks. So I don't really recommend it. Tell me what you think.

Now that's done for the time being, I'll get back to my OU team. Smogon's on maintenance ATM, so I can't do anything about my team. So I'll be making my Skyrim character. I restarted all my files, so I have no saved characters. I'll be making a new one, but it's hard to choose what I want to use. Race wise- Breton, Argonian or Redguard. Probably go Argonian; It was the first race I ever picked, and I'd like to start with them. I'll probably go with either Breton or Redguard for ESO. Then it's playstyle- One Handed, Destruction, Archery? I've considered a Pickpocket character (a Thief), but I do enjoy killing, and Sneak is boring to me now. Still useful, just boring. Armor wise, I have no clue. I use Light Armor quite a bit, so Heavy Armor would be a welcome choice. But i used heavy Armor on my level 35 (original level 35) character. I'm definitely going to be a necromancer sort of character. Quite dark, and malicious. Cold, calculating killer, with no remorse. Utterly ruthless. Weapon wise, I don't want to spend hours crafting armor and weapons, and then enchanting it. A bit of Smthing and Enchanting, sure, but not loads. So probably use Nordic Weapons (left side) or Stalhrim (right side) of the Smthing tree. But i like being a marksman, maybe more than a warrior. So hard to choose... I don't want to spend hours casting Destruction spells, nor jut abusing Archery. I'll end up as a Vampire. Heavy Armor, Destructon, One Handed, Conjuration, Sneak, Restoration, Enchanting and Smithing. There we go!

Race: Argonian
    Playstyle: Vampiric Heavy Armored- Spellsword
    Major Skills: Destruction, One Handed, Conjuration, Heavy Armor
    Minor Skills: Sneak, Restoration, Smithing, Enchanting
    Equipment: Enchanted Nordic Sword + Spells, Nordic Carved Armor + Dragon priest Mask (Dukann, Ahazidal, Zahkriizsos).

EDIT: Smogon's back up. No clue what I'm doing really. Might make a Rain team. I cant quite think straight with the Sun team. Rain is cool. Loads of options.

EDIT 2: Smogon's down again. Briefly, anyway. I don't think they've been hacked. I can't get onto the info on each Pokemon...
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 29th July 2013 at 1:30 PM.

Idk, I would much rather use Throh than Sawk, I always found Throh more useful. What's really fun for him is a Bulk Up / Circle Throw set.

Ask me stupid stuff

That works if you have Spikes and Stealth Rock. Probably on a Stall set. I'm assuming Shade wanted bulky offense, or offense. But I do like Throh a lot- it's bulkier than Sawk, even without Sturdy.

Onto my Rain team.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    That works if you have Spikes and Stealth Rock. Probably on a Stall set. I'm assuming Shade wanted bulky offense, or offense. But I do like Throh a lot- it's bulkier than Sawk, even without Sturdy.

Onto my Rain team.
    For your rain team, you should definitely not use Donphan for a spinner. Use either Hitmontop, Blastoise, or Forretress. Also, I recommend you use a U-Turn Scizor, that would be fantastic to counter Grass Pokemon that would otherwise break your team, also the rain lightens his only weakness

Ask me stupid stuff

That would work. I used to use a Bulky Offensive Politoed (I'm not a fan of choice items on weather starters in OU), and it was good. It could take hits pretty well, and deal some decent damage. I'd usually use it as a tank- take a hit the rest of my team didn't want to take. If there was no weather, I'd sack it to bring in something else, like Dragonite. I used Dugtrio + Toxicroak as well, with Dugtrio using Memento to bring in Toxicroak.

Politoed @ Leftovers
    Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
    Modest Nature
    - Surf
    - Focus Blast
    - Ice Beam
    - Hypnosis

Yeah, this is the specially offensive set from Smogon, but the Speed EVs are in Defense to take Physical hits better. Surf in Rain will do a good chunk of damage- I'm not aiming to sweep with this, I'm aiming to weaken certain Pokemon. Focus Blast hits Ferrothorn and Tyranitar very hard, 2HKOing the latter even in Sand. ice Beam nails Hydreigon and Haxorus, and even Latios and Breloom. Hypnosis puts a Pokemon to sleep, leaving the opponent with one Pokemon down. As offensive Pokemon usually come in on Politoed to take it out, Hypnosis will beat them, leaving me with one less issue.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 29th July 2013 at 4:55 PM.

I never was big on using Dugtrio, especially in a rain team. I always preferred using either Gothitelle or Wobbuffet as a trapper. But if you want, you can use that. Also, for your spinner, you could do an offensive spinner in either Blastoise or Starmie, both are great choices IMO. I am yet to use a Blastoise though, but next rain team I get, I think I will be using him

Ask me stupid stuff

Fair enough. I'm considering Starmie, and Dugtrio. But then I'd have 3 Grass weaknesses (OK, Ferrothorn and Dragonite/Tornadus can beat them, as can Toxicroak, for options). A team of Politoed, Dugtrio, Starmie, Dragonite, Toxicroak and Ferrothorn works really well. Might just go for that really. I used it before, but it was a strong team. May as well use it again, maybe make some tweaks, and then make another team. OU team was only in case of Wars and stuff. I'm considering NU thanks to me helping Shade out. Yeah, I'll just go NU lol (haha, so much for ridding myself of all teams. Oh well).

Combusken @ Life Orb
    Speed Boost
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Focus Blast
    - Protect
    - Substitute

This was my idea to make a team around. I'd have gone with an SD set, but then I'd only be able to use one STAB, alongside these other moves. Blaziken is so much better, but hey ho. this is probably the most offensive Fire tier in NU, but also the weakest (85 base Attack and Special Attack?). Fire blast is STAB, and nails the many Grass and Ice types in the tier. Focus Blast is also STAB, and beats up the Steel types and things that Fire blast misses. Protect guarantees +1 Speed via Speed Boost, and Substitute helps Combusken take a hit.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 29th July 2013 at 5:22 PM.

Page 672 of 858 FirstFirst ... 572622662668669670671672673674675676682722772 ... LastLast