View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

    6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

    4 40.00%
Page 677 of 890 FirstFirst ... 577627667673674675676677678679680681687727777 ... LastLast
Results 16,901 to 16,925 of 22228

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

  1. #16901
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    I stick to the main tiers too.

    Does Stall require a sweeper? To make use of all the hazards? Or can I just run 6 Bulky walls/tanks to wear down the opponent? I'm slowly drifting away from stall. Aw well. I'm more of an offensive minded person. So I won't be doing UU Stall. I'll probably stick to UU, but with an offensive team.


    Mismagius @ Life Orb
    Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Hidden Power {Fighting}
    ~ Thunderbolt

    Mismagius is as offensive as you get. Great Special Attack and Speed, which allows it to outspeed a large number of the tier. It has 3 immunities, in a tier filled with Ground, Normal and Fighting types, which makes setting up easy. Nasty Plot raises Mismagius' Special Attack by +2, which easily allows her to rip apart teams. STAB Shadow Ball + HP Fighting gives unresisted coverage, and deals large amounts of damage to the tier. Thunderbolt nails Togekiss, who's immune to Shadow Ball and neutral to HP Fighting, and can also set up Nasty Plot.


    Cobalion @ Lum Berry
    Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ X Scissor

    Cobalion and Mismagius have good synergy (Mismagius is immune to Fighting and Ground, and neutral to Fire, whilst Cobalion resists Dark and Ghost, and gets a +1 boost from being hit by a Dark type move), and can attack from both sides of the spectrum. Swords Dance boosts Cobalion's Attack by +2, which with the Close Combat + Stone Edge combo, hits for quite good coverage. X Scissor nails Slowbro hard with a few boosts, as Gligar is handled by Mismagius coming in on Earthquake.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 4th August 2013 at 3:16 PM.

  2. #16902
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    I stick to the main tiers too.

    Does Stall require a sweeper? To make use of all the hazards? Or can I just run 6 Bulky walls/tanks to wear down the opponent? I'm slowly drifting away from stall. Aw well. I'm more of an offensive minded person. So I won't be doing UU Stall. I'll probably stick to UU, but with an offensive team.


    Mismagius @ Life Orb
    Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Hidden Power {Fighting}
    ~ Thunderbolt

    Mismagius is as offensive as you get. Great Special Attack and Speed, which allows it to outspeed a large number of the tier. It has 3 immunities, in a tier filled with Ground, Normal and Fighting types, which makes setting up easy. Nasty Plot raises Mismagius' Special Attack by +2, which easily allows her to rip apart teams. STAB Shadow Ball + HP Fighting gives unresisted coverage, and deals large amounts of damage to the tier. Thunderbolt nails Togekiss, who's immune to Shadow Ball and neutral to HP Fighting, and can also set up Nasty Plot.
    A Raikou counter is a must next. The most significant counter is Rhyperior, and it adds a neat defensive brick to your team.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  3. #16903
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Why Raikou? I know it's tough, but Mismagius can take a Thunderbolt from even the Specs set I think, and hits hard with Shadow Ball. I do see your point though.

  4. #16904
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Raikou is one of the most prominent threats in the UU metagame. It has perfect coverage, and has great speed and power to back it up.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  5. #16905
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Fair enough. I want my Fire weakness checked, and Rhyperior works. Swampert does too, and it's Grass weakness is resisted by Cobalion. It beats any Raikou without HP Grass.

    I can't decide which weapon I wish to rein justice on in Skyrim. It's between the Mace and the Greatsword/Warhammer. Both are rather good. I've not really used Two Handed weapons, but it's easier to wield One Handed and Magic/Shields.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 4th August 2013 at 3:36 PM.

  6. #16906
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    I also just stick to the main tiers, but I wanted to give STABmons and HACKmons a shot. HACKmons is just ridiculous though because all they do is use wondertombs and speed form Deoxys with No Guard and all OHKO moves

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  7. #16907
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    Fair enough. I want my Fire weakness checked, and Rhyperior works. Swampert does too, and it's Grass weakness is resisted by Cobalion. It beats any Raikou without HP Grass.

    I can't decide which weapon I wish to rein justice on in Skyrim. It's between the Mace and the Greatsword/Warhammer. Both are rather good. I've not really used Two Handed weapons, but it's easier to wield One Handed and Magic/Shields.
    Raikou never runs HP Grass though, so dont worry. The standard set is Thunderbolt/HP Ice/Sub/CM
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  8. #16908
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Sounds interesting, but I'm not going to do HACKmons and stuff like that. Probably going to play with my RU team for a bit, and try and decide what to do for my Skyrim character.

    I could do whatever, as the character isn't evil or good. My character fights for themselves, and sometimes for others. They're a mercenary and scholar, willing to take high paying jobs, but also prepared to explore on their own. Doesn't worship Gods or Divines, and so doesn't fight in their name. Hates rebellion, and thinks it a waste of time.

    But hey ho.

    And Swampert probably becomes my third member for my UU team.

  9. #16909
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    I also just stick to the main tiers, but I wanted to give STABmons and HACKmons a shot. HACKmons is just ridiculous though because all they do is use wondertombs and speed form Deoxys with No Guard and all OHKO moves
    Balanced Hackmons doesn't allow OHKO moves or wonderguard. But when I tried Hackmons, I like to use Wonderguard Sableye and Spirtomb and baton pass all the stats to Sporitomb
    Latest Shiny!

    Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

    3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

  10. #16910
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru...ttest-42934032

    This guy just got swept by my Golurk, whose my physical tank lol.

  11. #16911
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    He made a lot of dumb choices that cost him the game. For example, Blizzard on Crawdaunt. I mean, if he was going to do anything, he should have gone for ice beam, that miss cost him the game. Same thing with muddy water. He cares for straight out attack and doesn't bother to take the accuracy into consideration.

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  12. #16912
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    I know. Shame. Got stalled out by an Amoonguss. How annoying. I got a forfeit before because I set up 2 layers of Spikes. WTF.

    Anyway, I'm not going to do UU. It's either back to OU (which makes sense; I want to build a secret team, which you won't know until it's made), or to Ubers. Which option did we pick for the War? None of us can really do LC (I could try i guess, and make a team, but would it work?). I can do Ubers pretty well.

    Why do I keep only getting 2 turn Spores? Seriously. I almost never get even 2 layers of Spikes.

    Anyways, I'm probably going to recreate my ESO character- a Redguard 'Sword-singer'. They were legendary swordsmen, and i'd like to recreate them in Skyrim, alongside some skills I'd think they'd use.

    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru...ttest-42962367
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ru...ttest-42963294
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 4th August 2013 at 7:35 PM.

  13. #16913
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default


    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  14. #16914
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Juan del Sur
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Sorry I've been inactive. I'm on vacation until next Sunday so I might be on but I can't be sure.

    I know we have a war coming up but I'm putting it into Ninja and Snivy's hopefully capable hands. I prolly won't have much to do with it so bring us home a win or I will cut you
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  15. #16915
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    I may not know much about LC but I do this for SURE:
    NEVER. USE. LEFTOVERS. (idk why but theres a huge plethora of better items)

    like choice scarf and ORAN BERRY. Oran Berry gurantees that you will heal 1/2+ of your health due to the extremely low levels of the pokemon lol.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  16. #16916
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Leftovers is good in multiple accounts. Not as much as in LC, but some in LC do make use of it such as Spheal. Most of them you put on either a choice item, eviolite, or a life orb. Other than that, I use leftovers plenty in the higher tiers

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  17. #16917
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Leftovers is good in multiple accounts. Not as much as in LC, but some in LC do make use of it such as Spheal. Most of them you put on either a choice item, eviolite, or a life orb. Other than that, I use leftovers plenty in the higher tiers
    Ah true :P
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  18. #16918
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London (GMT+/-0)
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Yeah. I can't sub in the war. I'm on vacation. And the only Internet I have anywhere is in a supermarket so yeah. I'm going on Saturday.

    All this runthrough talk makes me want to continue mine. On my DSi/ DS lite idk why. But yeah. It does. So I'm gonna continue with pearl and HG. And yeah. Happy days.

  19. #16919
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Why is Kots asking me for the lineup? Seriously guys.

    Just... tell me which option we're doing, and who's in the war team! Blackjack and Yveltal, I can assume you're up for this? Along with me, that's 3. 2 more left.

    You know the options:
    Option 1) 5 OU
    Option 2) 3 OU, 1 Ubers, 1 LC
    Option 3) 3 OU, 1 UU, 1 LC


    I can assume from the fact that Yveltal is using an LC team means Option 2 or 3 is viable. Just need someone willing to do either Ubers or UU, unless we're all happy to go option 1. I think we should go with either of the last 2 options, mainly because this clan seems to either want to do the lesser tiers or just doesn't like OU lol. I can do UU or Ubers. I'd prefer UU, but Ubers is certainly viable.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 5th August 2013 at 12:11 PM.

  20. #16920
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    Why is Kots asking me for the lineup? Seriously guys.

    Just... tell me which option we're doing, and who's in the war team! Blackjack and Yveltal, I can assume you're up for this? Along with me, that's 3. 2 more left.

    You know the options:
    Option 1) 5 OU
    Option 2) 3 OU, 1 Ubers, 1 LC
    Option 3) 3 OU, 1 UU, 1 LC
    First of all, before this, we must establish WHO IS IN THE WAR TEAM.

    FYI, I'm not going to be in the war team unless completely neccesary. I am already tight time-wise.

    EDIT: Actually I may join lol. I can do any tier except for UU and LC.
    Last edited by justinjiaxinghu; 5th August 2013 at 12:13 PM.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  21. #16921
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Fair enough. I know Kots wants this ASAP, so I need to know what people are doing. I'll probably end up making a decision, so yeah.

    And we can use the people who were going to be part of some huge multi clan tourney that never happened as the war members.

  22. #16922
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    305

    Default

    I'm just gonna help organzie cuz I'm that type of person.

    So we currently have:

    Snivy Trainer
    Yveltal96
    BAP Blackjack

    Also, judging from the OP, Ninja Eevee is in the war team as well as Norns.
    Would anyone else like to join?
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

  23. #16923
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    I can't find the post about an incoming tournament that Eevee was talking about. So... yeah.

    Klinklang said he was willing to enter. That's 4. One more. Who do we have left? Sir Galahad? Umm... who is actually active in this clan on a regular basis who wants to participate? Tyically anyone who wants to do OU is welcome on this War Team.

    Hudsonn and Eevee- after this war we are sorting out the War Team! We can't just keep asking people.

    EDIT: I'm making a Ubers team. Guys, last OU battler (unless someone wants to do Ubers/UU) would you please say whether or not you're in. If I don't get a reply to this in 12 hours, I will be deciding whose in the War team.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 5th August 2013 at 1:28 PM.

  24. #16924
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London (GMT+/-0)
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Yeah. I would say I'll do it. But I CAN'T. So yeah.

    I continued my pearl runthrough and trained my buizel up in eterna forest. And now it's level 18. I'm gonna use star is for the gym though. I don't like Cheryl her Chansey kept fainting so at the beggining when buizel was lv. 12 I found it quite hard to beat two level 15 Pokemon.

  25. #16925
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever I want to be.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    You're playing Pearl? Looks good so far. I'll be starting HG soon. I'm also going to beat Byron and catch my 5th member of my team in Platinum.

    I've decided we're going to do option 3 for the War. Kots has a member who wants to do LC, and I trust Yveltal will do well in that battle, albeit better than what anyone else can do. I'll be doing Ubers. I can assume Blackjack and Klinklang will be OU.

Page 677 of 890 FirstFirst ... 577627667673674675676677678679680681687727777 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •