View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 686 of 860 FirstFirst ... 586636676682683684685686687688689690696736786 ... LastLast
Results 17,126 to 17,150 of 21480

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    I use Psypoke's Stat Calculator for IVs. I just change the IV digits until it gets close to the stat of the Pokémon. It's helped me find out who is flawless and who is. Serebii's IV calculator is still more efficient, but I pinpoint the desired stats more than find if it has the right IVs. That's just me, though.
    Thanks so much! I will use that when I do WiFi battles. :P
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

omg i cant do Wi-Fi. idk why. I just cant xD. simulators are good enough for meeee although one day i may take up wi-fi. who knows?

GAHHH X AND Y IS SO CLOSE.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Explain to me how using a Pokémon from nearly every tier is training us? Training would be a strict tier tournament, and only Pokémon in that tier could compete. That would be training. Monotypes would be easier, as the trainer would have to assess what type the opponent is using, and then figure a strategy out to beat them, especially as types are either neutral, effective or ineffective against certain types. You'd have to figure out which Pokémon to use to counter your weaknesses, etc. NU is a tier, and you have to battle like if it was any other tier. That's also training. I think that's better than running 6 different tiers to make a random team which would never work in a proper tier (don't say your team is working; the ladders ATM suck balls).

And I'm still figuring out my OU team. Justin, did you get my PM?

And I've just beaten Jasmine in HG. Quilava swept her team. Flamethrower was an 0HKO on her Magnemites, and Steelix was destroyed by Overheat. I have a Yanmega, Ambipom, Mismagius and a Slowking now.

I'm going to make a Battle Frontier team for Pearl. I'm not worried about getting the Pokémon- I have all the regions that I can trade with once I beat Pearl (Kanto = LG/HG, Johto = HG, Hoenn = Emerald, Sinnoh = Platinum/Pearl). So yeah. I might make it around Garchomp. That'd be fun. I could EV train it and teach it moves and stuff.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 14th August 2013 at 12:05 PM.

Yupppp I got your PM. I wasnt sure what I was supposed to do, so I didnt respond haha :P

And not all the ladders suck. Ubers is fine, RU I believe is also fine, its just that OU is messed up :/
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

All the ladders suck. I fought a guy In Ubers who used a Golem. A Golem! And a Qwilfish. RU is better than the other tiers I guess, bar LC (Because you're forced to use LC Pokémon).

And you could give me advice on the team. Always appreciated.

Anyway, I'm going to make an LC Sand team, because why not?
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 14th August 2013 at 12:39 PM.

LC sand teams seem to be very successful. Lileep and Drilbur are practically essentials for one. You can either make your drilbur an offensive spinner, or an all out attacker. I made him an all out attacker, and made my sandshrew my spinner

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Your team was almost a mono Rock/Ground team. It was a good team though.

I'm considering not going with a Sand team. It was a fun idea, but I just remembered my Test Team is actually going to be a Sand team (I completely forgot about it). So I'll make a weatherless team or a Hail team. I'm not sure yet.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 14th August 2013 at 4:10 PM.

THIS IS A THT PUBLIC SERVICE ANNONCEMENT!!!!

*speaking through megaphone*

From this point forward please put all X and Y related topics in spoiler tags for those of us (including me) who wish to go into the game blind from this point forward! Thank you!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming of Snivy making an LC Sand team!
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Yeah... may not make the Sand team lol. I don't know.

I like Electric types, so I think I'll make it around an Electric type. I'll give the guild 3 choices:

1) Elekid
    2) Electrike
    3) Chinchou

All 3 are decent in the LC metagame- Chinchou is pretty common, Elekid has good coverage, and Electrike has Switcheroo Choice Scarf and is one of the most powerful Electric types in the tier. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    All the ladders suck. I fought a guy In Ubers who used a Golem. A Golem! And a Qwilfish. RU is better than the other tiers I guess, bar LC (Because you're forced to use LC Pokémon).
    Qwilfish actually has a set for Ubers. Swift Swim lets it outspeed lots of choice users so it can set up toxic spikes, and in some cases sweep with Swords Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonn98 View Post
    From this point forward please put all X and Y related topics in spoiler tags for those of us (including me) who wish to go into the game blind from this point forward! Thank you!
    Bolded it for you in case others miss it.

may i just ask, did anyone find my post about where i had a silly little sarcastic comment about that pikachu thing from x & y rude or inappropriate. just wondering, also

i agree with snivy, we should do some tournies with specific tiers only. say we do UU, we only do UU and nothing below it. that we we csn study tiers and base choices around the expected opponent. for example, in the monotype normal tourney, when i looked at smogon sets, i changed some of the movesets and EVs because some moves where good for taking about non normal type opponent, which i wasnt going up against. this way we can study the tiers and then have conuters set up for our opponents

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    may i just ask, did anyone find my post about where i had a silly little sarcastic comment about that pikachu thing from x & y rude or inappropriate. just wondering
    Everyone's entitled to their opinions. I found that out the hard way when all of SPPf ganged up on me for telling DevilFruit to stop making strong opinions abiut Drifblim.
    Did uou get an infraction for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee
    Also, i agree with snivy, we should do some tournies with specific tiers only. say we do UU, we only do UU and nothing below it. that we we csn study tiers and base choices around the expected opponent. for example, in the monotype normal tourney, when i looked at smogon sets, i changed some of the movesets and EVs because some moves where good for taking about non normal type opponent, which i wasnt going up against. this way we can study the tiers and then have conuters set up for our opponents
    Everyone's not doing the Weather tourney, so I say we should do some UU or RU tourneys for some good practice.

Will post some RU CCAT starting posts later. I'll have a Steel monotype battle soon, so I'll post it here for the win for congratulations, or loss for some critique.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

I personally would love to finish the weather tournet but Eevee isn't replying to my vms

Guys, my LC team just beat (well, got a forfeit) a Ubers team!

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-45029488
    Latest Shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by The Exalt View Post

I could not stop laughing at Cottonee's SubSeed. If Cottonee could talk, it'd probably be sticking out its tongue and laughing at Zekrom saying, "You can't catch me!"
    Good use of ParaSubSeed, Exalt.

I could not stop laughing at Cottonee's SubSeed. If Cottonee could talk, it'd probably be sticking out its tongue and laughing at Zekrom saying, "You can't catch me!"
    Good use of ParaSubSeed, Exalt.
    Thanks! I really thought I was going to die right away. lol
    Latest Shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by The Exalt View Post

OMG you are almost as evil as me XD

Only, I would have probably added Protect to that set, but that's just me :P

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post

He didn't need a Protect set since Cottonee is the troll of 5th gen LC (and apparently Ubers now).
    I really want to see more troll base stage Pokemon like Cottonee. Maybe even not with Prankster as its ability.

Aww thanks! ^.^. I have Taunt in that set to prevent setting up.
    Latest Shiny!

He didn't need a Protect set since Cottonee is the troll of 5th gen LC (and apparently Ubers now).
    I really want to see more troll base stage Pokemon like Cottonee. Maybe even not with Prankster as its ability.
    There are a few others. All of them are gimmicks that can be easily countered but are all annoying as hell. FEAR Aron/Rattatta and Recycle Magnemite are the most well known.

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    There are a few others. All of them are gimmicks that can be easily countered but are all annoying as hell. FEAR Aron/Rattatta and Recycle Magnemite are the most well known.
    Recycle Magnemite? I have never heard of that one, please do explain

Ask me stupid stuff

So I was thinking about some CAPmon ideas, and I've taken into account our White Tiger CAPmon and Yveltal's idea for an Ice/Fighting Glass Cannon.

But I was looking at some CAPmon and I found this beauty!
    Mollux is a Fire/Poison slug that has the ability Dry Skin, which is a very ironic ability for a Fire type. Dry Skin allows it to heal whenever hit by a Water move, and Water is Fire's weakness!

In other words, I was thinking about a CAPmon that has some irony in it. All I can say right now is that it should have a high -but not absurd- Attack stat.
    Please PM me if you want to know the idea.
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 15th August 2013 at 3:06 AM.

You have never used mollux before? ._. Mollux is probably one of my favorite CAPmons, only beat out by Revenankh

Ask me stupid stuff

You have never used mollux before? ._. Mollux is probably one of my favorite CAPmons, only beat out by Revenankh
    Mollux has a major ground weakness though, yet its best held item is Black Sludge, Air Balloon quickly becomes useless after a single non-Ground type hit, so I guess the only things it'd have to worry about is Psychic, Stealth Rock, and Earthquake.

Guys, are we still doing the CCAT? Or did we move onto a CAP? Oh and I changed my status to invisible.
    Latest Shiny!

Page 686 of 860 FirstFirst ... 586636676682683684685686687688689690696736786 ... LastLast