View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 687 of 907 FirstFirst ... 587637677683684685686687688689690691697737787 ... LastLast
Results 17,151 to 17,175 of 22658

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Recycle Magnemite? I have never heard of that one, please do explain
    Basically this:

Magnemite @ Oran Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: None
    Hardy Nature Neutral
    - Recycle
    - Protect
    - Magic Coat
    - Toxic

Get someone else to set up Sandstorm, then you can toxic the opponent and stall them out with sturdy + recycle + Oran Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    Basically this:

Magnemite @ Oran Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: None
    Hardy Nature Neutral
    - Recycle
    - Protect
    - Magic Coat
    - Toxic

Get someone else to set up Sandstorm, then you can toxic the opponent and stall them out with sturdy + recycle + Oran Berry.
    Taunt!!!! bu ya lol. So what is our clan up to? It seems we are a bit disorganised hmm?
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Yeah, taunt shuts down tons of stuff. I never have it when I need it though DX

Oh and my Latias is proving to be my mvp. Played 3 matches today and they all ended up like this. http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent-45096727

We're still doing a CCAT The Exalt. Don't worry.

I think if we're going to do strict tiers, then we should do UU. Simply because I've already made an RU team and I don't want to own you all with it make another one. Plus UU has a nice range of threats, unlike RU where you're stuck battling NU Pokémon for the whole time.

Nice Ubers match by the way. I'm halfway through my OU team, but I had an epiphany last night (really, I get these a lot) and I now have some good ideas which I may incorporate.

Latias sure can sweep huh? I saw the replay Poix. Good match.

I'll start this CCAT off quickly, with the only Dragon type in the tier (the rest are either in UU and above or NU)- Druddigon.

Druddigon @ Life Orb
    Sheer Force
    EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SpA / 20 Spe
    Lonely Nature
    - Dragon Claw / Outrage
    - Flamethrower
    - Earthquake
    - Sucker Punch / Substitute

This is Smogon's mixed Druddigon. 60 Base Special Attack is pitiful, but with Sheer Force Flamethrower can 2HKO Steelix and Tangrowth, who can take hits from any other set, and 0HKOes Escavalier after Stealth Rock. Dragon Claw/Outrage is STAB, Dragon Claw working better with Substitute. I'd go Dragon Claw so Druddigon isn't locked into a move. Flamerthrower beats most Physically Defensive Steel types, and Earthquake breaks through Aggron, Omastar and Kabutops. Sucker Punch deals decent damage to Sceptile and Galvantula, whilst Substitute can be used to block status, and can means Druddigon could probably ruin Sceptile and Galvantula with a Dragon STAB, not Sucker Punch. Or Flamethrower.

Partners for the set: Slowking works pretty well with Druddigon; it spreads Paralysis to slow down Druddigon checks, and resists Ice. Druddigon resists Electric and Grass for Slowking in return. Ferroseed does the same, except it's Fire weakness is resisted by Druddigon, whilst Druddigon's Dragon weakness is resisted. Ferroseed also has entry hazards, which are always useful. Kabutops appreciates Physical walls gone, and can spin. Escavalier and Durant also like having no Steelix around.

EDIT: I made my test team. I don't think it's very good though, so I don't think I'll use it much bar the tests. I think we should choose between these choices for a tournament:

1- A strict tier choice, such as UU or NU. However, any Pokémon viable in that metagame (like Moltres is viable in UU, but it's RU) is also allowed.
    2- A Monotype, where each player picks a single type and must use 6 Pokémon of that type (banned Pokémon could be decided later).

I'm sure we could decide prizes and stuff.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 15th August 2013 at 3:04 PM.

I'm going to suggest a different Pokemon to base our team around-SCEPTILE. Base 120 isn't lame at all, and a base 105 Special attack stat to back it up.

Sceptile@Life Orb
    EVS: 252 SpA; 252 Spd; 4 HP
    Trait: Overgrow
    Nature: Modest
    - Giga Drain
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Leaf Storm

This is one dangerous set indeed. Leaf Storm is just one of those "i dont give a flying f**k" buttons, dealing s**tloads of damage to anything in its path.
    252+ SpA Life Orb Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 116+ SpD Slowking: 424-502 (107.88 - 127.73%) -- guaranteed OHKO <-- there goes the best wall in the tier. (though no one would send a slowking in after a sceptile but oh well :P)
    Focus Blast is a great coverage move, taking out Steelix, Absol, Cryogonal, etc.
    252+ SpA Life Orb Sceptile Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cryogonal: 190-224 (55.23 - 65.11%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <-- trust me, not many things can do that.
    Hidden Power Fire is for those roaming Escavaliers who think they can counter Sceptile. Boom boom.

Partners: Sceptile really hates Accelgor. Like really hates Accelgor. Therefore a good partner would be Moltres or even Cryogonal.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Personally, I am a lot more fond of Acrotile than a special attacking one. I run mine with this set:

-Swords Dance
    -Acrobatics
    -Drain Punch / Leaf Blade / Earthquake
    -X-Scissor / Substitute

and he would be holding a flying gem of course. This set has done me a lot of good
    Last edited by Yveltal96; 15th August 2013 at 3:51 PM.

Yveltal what moves do you usually use out of the options?

I like the Special set, but with HP Rock over HP Fire, as it nails Flying types, and after Rocks beats Aerodactyl and Moltres and stuff. I also run Substitute over Leaf Storm; Sceptile, as frail as it is, can stay in, set up a Sub as the opponent switches out, and then wrecks havoc. Escavalier hates Focus Blast anyway, even if it does miss sometimes. But that's me. I like Druddigon because it's so unpredictable, so you don't know if you can set up on it or not.

I'd like everyone's opinion on what we should do tourney wise. I'm going to make a LC team, whilst I await your ideas. I wouldn't mind making another RU team though...

EDIT: Just lost to the crappiest team ever on PS OU. I'm not going to even talk about it. I'm making a new OU team.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 15th August 2013 at 7:20 PM.

BAP, i didnt get an infraction, but i got a negative karma/rep thing for it. said 'your sarcasm isnt appreciated'... im not really annoyed more than curious about who did it to be honest

I don't know what to do. I think I'd like to make a team, but for what tier? What purpose? Maybe an NU team...

I think the next tournament should be something with a twist again. Like maybe, each pokemon on your team has to start with one of the first six letters of your username.

Yveltal what moves do you usually use out of the options?
    I usually run
    -Swords Dance
    -Acrobatics
    -Drain Punch
    -X-Scissor/Lead Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    BAP, i didnt get an infraction, but i got a negative karma/rep thing for it. said 'your sarcasm isnt appreciated'... im not really annoyed more than curious about who did it to be honest
    Just ignore it. I got a neg rep for a bad gif on this thread, but I just wave it off.

I think the next tournament should be something with a twist again. Like maybe, each pokemon on your team has to start with one of the first six letters of your username.
    Oh! But what if I have five letters in my first name and less in my last name? Should I use six letters of my name?

Also, I only have one person who wants to know my idea for the CAP. I want to send a message to everyone who wants to know but I need at least three (my own personal rule to keep from sending too many messages).
    I think you guys will like the idea.
    Exalt, once two more people want to know, you'll get the info on the CAP (Groupon much, Blackjack?)

I was really talking about usernames. I think everyone in the clan has more than 6 letters in their usernames.

Just a little rain team I threw together. Nothing special, but I do love Azumarill. In another of my battles, he swept with just Aqua Jet
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent-45261725

I was really talking about usernames. I think everyone in the clan has more than 6 letters in their usernames.
    Looking at my username, I have a poorly possible team (does Latios go with Breloom?).
    Okay, I guess I'll send everyone the CAPmon idea.
    Anyone have a Smogon account here as well? I'll be making one if we make an official agreement, but if we don't I'll reconsider.

Just a little rain team I threw together. Nothing special, but I do love Azumarill. In another of my battles, he swept with just Aqua Jet
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent-45261725
    What set does Ludicolo have? He seems to be lacking Scald, if I'm not mistaken.

What set does Ludicolo have? He seems to be lacking Scald, if I'm not mistaken.
    He is based purely on healing. He has:
    -Leech Seed
    -Toxic
    -Substitute
    -Giga Drain

It is similar to the set I run with my Ludicolo in STABmons

What's different in STABmons? Besides Spore, of course.

Whimsi in stab mons sounds amazing
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

Hey guys, how are things? Nice match Yveltal.

I don't really like the idea of a tourney involving your name. I wouldn't participate anyway. I think there are other ways to make it have a twist, which would be beneficial. The main idea of a tourney is to improve our skills at competitive battling, as well as have fun. Battling with 6 Pokémon that have our names would be random, and we wouldn't really improve. I don't know.

Anyway, I'm going to make a new team. An OU Sun team.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 16th August 2013 at 10:15 AM.

Spore is deadly enough.

lol luvin the azumarills

and snivy, why not make a weatherless team? they are usually quite unique and original.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Cotton Guard my friend, Cotton Guard. It makes Ludicolo tank the common Scizor in STABmons.

Cotton Guard my friend, Cotton Guard. It makes Ludicolo tank the common Scizor in STABmons.
    Oh man that sounds AWESOME!! I run Cotton Guard on my Altaria in NU and people hate it. I also give her Flamethrower for the burn chance, which nobody expects.

Page 687 of 907 FirstFirst ... 587637677683684685686687688689690691697737787 ... LastLast