View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 688 of 863 FirstFirst ... 588638678684685686687688689690691692698738788 ... LastLast
Results 17,176 to 17,200 of 21567

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Cotton Guard my friend, Cotton Guard. It makes Ludicolo tank the common Scizor in STABmons.
    IF Ludicolo is holding a Choice Scarf, which is not recommended. Since it isn't, chances are Scizor would land a STAB Bug Bite (or Megahorn for more Attack without Technician boost).
    If anything, give Celebi Cotton Guard since it has decent speed and defense. It'd probably survive a Bug move with Cotton Guard, along with many dark moves.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    and snivy, why not make a weatherless team? they are usually quite unique and original.
    I don't know. Because weather dominates the metagame. What better way to beat weather than to use your own? My main issue- I've used nearly everything in the OU metagame. Literally. I suppose I could use a Pokémon from a different tier in OU, but I don't know.

I'll make an NU team. Weather isn't really seen, bar Sunny Day teams and stuff. It'll be a change of tier, at least until we decide what we're doing for a tourney. I might try NU Stall. I have tons of options- Regenerator cores, tough walls, etc. I shall try Stall, and see if I like it. People are saying Stall isn't viable in NU because Charizard and Jynx are roaming the tier. I think it is.

I've done Mismagius in HG; it's time to restart Pearl. Thought I'd say that. Anyways, what are good Pokémon for an NU stall team?
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 16th August 2013 at 8:49 PM.

So I was thinking of a good trapper in Hackmons.

@ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Shadow Tag
    Tail Glow
    Trick
    Draco Meteor
    Hidden Power Fire

The EVs need to be worked out though.
    Now I know that Simple would be better for Tail Glow, but I want Latios to trap the opponent if it uses a non-attacking move after switching items.
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 16th August 2013 at 9:48 PM.

That'd be a trapper and a half lol.

Right, I need to find a good base for my NU Stall team. I don't know what though. Mandibuzz maybe? Tangela? Alomomola?

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    That'd be a trapper and a half lol.

Right, I need to find a good base for my NU Stall team. I don't know what though. Mandibuzz maybe? Tangela? Alomomola?
    Mandibuzz's only set in NU is a Stallbreaker set, iirc. Alomamola and Tangela have Regenerator, but Alomamola really does better as Stall and cleric (Wish).

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post

@ Choice Scarf
    Tail Glow
    Trick
    Draco Meteor
    Hidden Power Fire

Now I know that Simple would be better for Tail Glow, but I want Latios to trap the opponent if it uses a non-attacking move after switching items.
    If you are using a CS, Tail glow will do nothing because you would be trapped using it and wouldn't be able to attack.
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

Mandibuzz's only set in NU is a Stallbreaker set, iirc. Alomamola and Tangela have Regenerator, but Alomamola really does better as Stall and cleric (Wish).
    Oh yeah... never noticed that. But it's as bulky as anything, has Roost, Toxic, Whirlwind and Substitute/Foul Play. It's the Lugia of NU. But I prefer Alomomola to Tangela. Looks like I'm making this around a giant Luvdisc!

Luvdisc (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
    Regenerator
    EVs: 136 HP / 252 Def / 120 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    - Wish
    - Waterfall

Alomomola is an incredibly long name, but it's awesome. Regenerator really helps it tank hits, as it can switch out and regain health. Toxic + Protect + Wish is so annoying it's unbelievable. Waterfall is STAB, but still deals paltry damage.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 16th August 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Exalt View Post
    If you are using a CS, Tail glow will do nothing because you would be trapped using it and wouldn't be able to attack.
    Um, I'm going to use Trick first that's the reason Latios has CS.

@ Choice Scarf
    Tail Glow
    Trick
    Draco Meteor
    Hidden Power Fire

Choice Scarf is a bad idea if you want Tail Glow

EDIT: Oh yeah, Trick.

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    Choice Scarf is a bad idea if you want Tail Glow
    Trick

Why is that not registering?!
    Trick is used first! If the opponent is not going to simply set up, then they are locked into doing so, which gives Latios the time to set up with Tail Glow!

Trick

Why is that not registering?!
    Trick is used first! If the opponent is not going to simply set up, then they are locked into doing so, which gives Latios the time to set up with Tail Glow!
    Didn't see it. But what if the opponent has another Choice Item? And you don't think that they do?
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

Quote Originally Posted by The Exalt View Post
    Didn't see it. But what if the opponent has another Choice Item? And you don't think that they do?
    It'll backfire if the opponent is Deoxy-S, the King of Hackmons, because Deoxys-S's most common set requires Choice, and most Hackmon players resort to it. If Choice Scard seems risky, then Draco Meteor or Hidden Power Fire would hit fast.

What would you guys recommend for Hackmon Latios?

I never tried Hackmons. Is it fun?
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

I never tried Hackmons. Is it fun?
    Only if it is balanced hackmons. Regular hackmons is ****ing annoying. All people do is No Guard S-Deo with OHKO moves and wonder guard spiritombs

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

That does sound annoying actually. Wonder Guard Spiritombs...

- Anyway, I won't be making a team around Alomomola. I've decided to wait with Stall (namely I want to try RU or UU stall), and I want to make a more offensive team.
    - I'm going to restart Pearl today. I want to beat Roark by the end of this weekend, which is highly possible.
    - I'm also going to restart PokePark 2. I figured I'd play that as well.

Eelektross @ Expert Belt
    Levitate
    EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Flamethrower
    - Giga Drain

What is a better way to build a team than to build it around a Pokémon with no weaknesses! Eelektross is very powerful, and thanks to the Move Tutors of BW2, it has better coverage (sort of). Thunderbolt is the main STAB of choice, and beats down the many Flying and Water types in the tier. Volt Switch coming off of Eelektross can get in certain Pokémon in easier, as Eelektross is as slow as hell. Flamethrower nails Grass types, and Giga Drain beats up Rock and Ground types, and regains health.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 17th August 2013 at 12:23 PM.

So I want to bring up an option for a different CAP.
    There are alot of moves in the game, some more commonly used than others. Now, what if there was an OU Pokémon with moves that are not as common? What are challenges to consider? What new strategy(ies) would be made to make this Pokémon really an OU player?

We've become pretty inactive haven't we guys?

Anyway, I've started playing PokePark 2 again, and I'm trying to finish it. I've just made Tepig a Pal, in the Crag Area. Snivy is a beast, and Oshawott is OK. I don't like Pikachu much, so I never use it bar Chase games, which I use Snivy now. I also restarted Skyrim. Currently level 5 Argonian, with Heavy Armor, Two Handed, Destruction, Restoration, Sneak and Archery as my perks. Waiting to get to level 10, to start Dawnguard and a Orc Stronghold/Malacath Daedric Quest, to get a set of Orchish Armor and a Warhammer with the same damage as an Ebony weapon. Awesome!

Anyway, I'll be making my NU team now.

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    We've become pretty inactive haven't we guys?

Anyway, I've started playing PokePark 2 again, and I'm trying to finish it. I've just made Tepig a Pal, in the Crag Area. Snivy is a beast, and Oshawott is OK. I don't like Pikachu much, so I never use it bar Chase games, which I use Snivy now. I also restarted Skyrim. Currently level 5 Argonian, with Heavy Armor, Two Handed, Destruction, Restoration, Sneak and Archery as my perks. Waiting to get to level 10, to start Dawnguard and a Orc Stronghold/Malacath Daedric Quest, to get a set of Orchish Armor and a Warhammer with the same damage as an Ebony weapon. Awesome!

Anyway, I'll be making my NU team now.
    Is PokePark 2 any good? Also, I can never get that quest(malacath) to start, what platform do you play on?
    My name is Gregory. You may call me Gregory, Greg, or anything else you want.
    My favorite Pokemon is (obviously) Zoroark.
    I am really inactive, and I apologize for that.
    Been on these forums for almost three years now. Wow...

So I finally finished LeafGreen.
    Team was Primape (higher Attack and Speed than Machoke), Dewgong, Blastoise, Exeggcutor, Slowbro and Pidgeotto.
    Moving onto HeartGold, I just picked Totodile.
    Also I got an emulator for my iPod and I'll be able to play all three Hoenn games! Yay!

I'll bring this up again since this needs to be discussed:
    There are alot of moves in the game, some more commonly used than others. Now, what if there was an OU Pokémon with moves that are not as common? What are challenges to consider? What new strategy(ies) would be made to make this Pokémon really an OU player?

Curse is pretty rare in OU but much more common in lower tiers. We could get something with high bulk and low speed. Throw on Magic Guard to prevent toxic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    Curse is pretty rare in OU but much more common in lower tiers. We could get something with high bulk and low speed. Throw on Magic Guard to prevent toxic damage.
    Other things to consider is that the typing (Steel/Flying) and one move (Belly Drum) are set.
    Abilities are up for grabs.

I just saw the creepiest fan art ever: http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photo...lt-art-pokemon
    My name is Gregory. You may call me Gregory, Greg, or anything else you want.
    My favorite Pokemon is (obviously) Zoroark.
    I am really inactive, and I apologize for that.
    Been on these forums for almost three years now. Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryZoroark View Post
    I just saw the creepiest fan art ever: http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photo...lt-art-pokemon
    The Rhyhorn one actually looks cool.

The Ditto one though... o_O
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

The Rhyhorn one actually looks cool.

The Ditto one though... o_O
    Hey, Justin could you discuss the CAPmon with me on the PM?
    And, I'm liking that Snow Golurk!

Also, what do you guys think of an RU team built around an Absol core?

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryZoroark View Post
    Is PokePark 2 any good? Also, I can never get that quest(malacath) to start, what platform do you play on?
    PokePark is good, better than the first one. I think it offers more versatility. I play on Xbox 360, and I've done it before. You have to be level 10 though to do it, and there're Giants and Bears to fight in the cave. It's difficult.

Also, what do you guys think of an RU team built around an Absol core?
    An Absol core? What's the core? It could work, as Absol is very dangerous.

Pearl is restarted! What my starter choice will be is up to the flip of a coin. It's either Piplup or Turtwig. Then I can plan a team, and run with it. I battled my Platinum team with my HeartGold team via Pokémon Battle Revolution and a family member, and my HG team is OP.

Abomasnow is now UU! How badass is that? I might have to make a UU Hail team. I will make a UU team though.

I'm going to make a Ubers team, around Mixed Dialga. It's an absolute beast, with only 2 weaknesses to Fighting and Ground. The Mixed set ruins Groudon, which will be the set I'll be using. It's cry in D/P/Pt is amazing. Palkia and Giratina have cool cries too. Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Flheh1Vsx8

Dialga @ Leftovers
    Pressure
    EVs: 224 HP / 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
    Mild Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast / Aura Sphere
    - Outrage
    - Thunder

I just used Smogon's calculator to work this out. The HP investment allows Dialga to take an Aura Sphere from Life Orb Mewtwo, and beat it with Draco Meteor. It also survives EQ from Scarf Garchomp, and KOes with Draco Meteor. Minimum Speed investment, a bit of Attack for extra power in Outrage. Draco Meteor is main STAB, and beats most Groudon that aren't Specially Defensive. Steel types are roasted by Fire Blast, or beaten by Aura Sphere. Thunder beats Water types rather easily, and Outrage nails Blissey and Ho Oh for good damage.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 20th August 2013 at 12:07 AM.

Page 688 of 863 FirstFirst ... 588638678684685686687688689690691692698738788 ... LastLast