View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 693 of 858 FirstFirst ... 593643683689690691692693694695696697703743793 ... LastLast
Results 17,301 to 17,325 of 21440

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

-justinjiaxinghu: Only problem with that is having something worthwhile to post . . . ^_^;

Issue solved Trainer0336. Don't worry. And don't fret about posting anywhere to get 10 posts. Clans don't count unfortunately, but everywhere else does pretty much. I post mainly in the Recent Happenings threads from each game (mainly FR/LG, R/S/E, D/P/Pt, HG/SS, B/W and B/W2 threads).

-snivy trainer: Fair enough. Thanks! ^_^

No problem.

I'll be continuing on with my Rain team. Do I go Giratina or Giratina- O?

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    Issue solved Trainer0336. Don't worry. And don't fret about posting anywhere to get 10 posts. Clans don't count unfortunately, but everywhere else does pretty much. I post mainly in the Recent Happenings threads from each game (mainly FR/LG, R/S/E, D/P/Pt, HG/SS, B/W and B/W2 threads).
    If clan posts counted, I'd have a couple thousand haha!
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I would too lol.

Right, I give up on this Rain team. I hate to say it, but I don't actually like Kyogre that much. That's my issue. Hail isn't that viable in Ubers. Sun I've done before. Sand has been done before several times, just not by me. I'll go with a weatherless offensive team, which may incorporate weather later (unless I fall in love with TTar).
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 28th August 2013 at 2:09 PM.

You should try out a Ludicolo on your team snivy. Ludicolo is probably one of the best sweeper on ubers I think. The only thing that can outspeed him (iirc) is Genesect, but there are plenty of counters for him.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Thanks Yveltal, but for now I'll go without a weather. I'm looking into Genesect ATM. I reckon I could make a team around it. Maybe Darkrai.

NightTerror (Darkrai) @ Leftovers
    Bad Dreams
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Dark Void
    - Substitute
    - Nasty Plot
    - Dark Pulse

As much as Steel types wall this Darkrai forever, this set is easier to set up with because most opponents will lead with something that can take a Dark Void and then switch. But on the switch Darkrai sets up a Sub and sets up for an early sweep. Albeit, that's a bad idea, but you get the picture. Dark Void puts the opponent to sleep, Substitute protects Darkrai from oncoming damage and status. Nasty Plot boosts Darkrai's Special Attack to very high levels, and Dark Pulse is a powerful STAB.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 28th August 2013 at 2:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer0336 View Post
    -poix_the_yak: I'm not worried about heavy competition at the moment as I'm fairly new to competitive play in general. I mean, I've been a fan of Pokemon since Red and Blue and have played and beaten 1 of each gen (except 3rd) so, I have a fair amount of experience and research under my belt. More or less I'm looking for a small community in which I can interact with and learn the ropes as I have very few friends who're into Pokemon as much as I am.
    YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THIRD GEN??? Man oh man are you missing out. Download an emulator so you can, third gen is my favorite gen out of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    I have a Rate My Team thread up at the moment, but I don't want to post my team here because everyone else is doing it so that way no one will want to rate all those teams/you'll get fewer rates.

And I like the tourney idea.
    Post a link! I already saw Justin's a few days ago in his thread.

What's our tourney idea?

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    What do you mean by ropes?
    "Learning the ropes" is an expression, it means being taught the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    You should try out a Ludicolo on your team snivy. Ludicolo is probably one of the best sweeper on ubers I think. The only thing that can outspeed him (iirc) is Genesect, but there are plenty of counters for him.
    Ludicolo's offensive stats aren't that great though, right? Doesn't he have trouble with a lot of the tier?

Ludicolo is one of the best Kyogre checks there is. Personally, my favourite check is Gastrodon. Specially defensive, takes nothing from any of it's sets (only CM sets with Ice Beam can attempt to beat it, as the Choice sets won't be dealing enough to beat it, and the other sets have only Water STAB). Recover, Toxic, Scald and Mirror Coat/filler move.

Aw screw it, I'm making a Weather team in Ubers. It's calling me . Not Rain though. I tried and failed that. Hmm... maybe Sand, or Sun.

Vladimir the Nord (this is Skyrim) is level 10 now! Playing him as a mercenary/scholar (I collect books). Currently got about 7000 gold after spending 1000 on a Ring Of Health (fantastic early on especially for me). I'm doing Companions Quest Proving Honour, after completing In My Time of Need. I'm wearing Elven Light Armor (Thalmor agents past Whiterun (random encounter) were wearing them. Result.), alongside an Amulet of Zenithar (prices 10% cheaper) and my Ring of Health. Wielding a Hunting Bow (weak as hell, but I can start Dawnguard now, which means I can get a Crossbow!) and a Scimitar, alongside a Steel Shield I forged myself. Skills are currently: One Handed 31, Archery 30, Light Armor 26, Smithing 22, Sneak 29, Restoration 18, Block 26. Not too bad. I've got to go to the Greybeards now, and get the full Unrelenting Force shout.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 28th August 2013 at 6:56 PM.

-poix_the_yak: Oh, I played the a 3rd gen game, but I just never beat it. Got too caught up in ash collecting, being the completionist I am, for my secret base apparel. It burnt me out and I really regret it. Kinda hoping that they're re-release Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald like they did with Red/Blue/Gold/Silver.

snivy, you still thinking of a competitive team to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    snivy, you still thinking of a competitive team to make?
    I am. It's hard. I want to be original, and not steal other people's ideas. I like Ubers, and I want to make a team. I will make a team for Ubers. Just who will I make it around? Who'd be a good choice to build it around? I'd like to make a Rain team, but it's hard to be original. Kyogre also requires so much support. I'll try again though. Just not with a Specs set I don't think. Either the Paralysis set or the CM one. Or the Specs set.

KingOfUbers (Kyogre) @ Leftovers
    Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam

This set was one I usually overlooked, because Substitute looked to be detrimental for this set. But it isn't. Not many people use this, so it's somewhat unique. Calm Mind boosts Kyogre's powerful Special Attack and fantastic Special Defense through the roof, boosting it's attack damage and weakening Special moves aimed at it. This set can, at +1, avoid the 2HKO from any Palkia bar the Life Orb/Choice Specs set. Substitute blocks Status, and leaves Blissey and Chansey as set up bait for Kyogre, as it can set up 101 HP Subs. Surf is boosted by Rain, and is STAB, and deals a bit more damage than Scald does. Ice Beam nails Dragons, who are more commonly seen in the metagame than Manaphy and Arceus Water are.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 28th August 2013 at 10:31 PM.

Hey guys! I am, thinking about making a Smogon Doubles team. I just don't know where to start any suggestions?

I'm thinking about doing a troll team like Yveltal's Chansey/Shuckle combo. Again I don't know where to start.
    Last edited by The Exalt; 28th August 2013 at 10:41 PM.
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

Smogon's doubles huh? Never tried it. I think Whismicott + Terrakion is too often seen, so that doesn't work. Terrakion is a good Pokémon though to use.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 28th August 2013 at 10:44 PM.

Yeah I want to make a troll team like Yveltal's Chansey/Shuckele Combo.
    Maybe a Gastrodon Storm Drain team?
    Last edited by The Exalt; 28th August 2013 at 10:46 PM.
    Latest Shiny!

Good luck to you then! I'm trying to save pictures from Photobucket to My Photos, then editing the size so it isn't so bloody big. But I can't get the URL back. It's annoying. It's for my Ubers team. I found a badass picture of Kyogre, but I can't get it to appear on Serebii. I have an idea though.

This is the picture:
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 28th August 2013 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks so much I will post my team with updates.
    Latest Shiny!

Okeydokey. I'll remain trying in vain to sort the picture out . Aw well. I want it to be smaller, but I cannot edit it.

I'll be starting my Psychic monotype tomorrow.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 29th August 2013 at 10:36 AM.

Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude is offline 物語は既に神と悪魔の手を離れて独り歩き

Not sure if I still count as a member, since I don't come on often anymore. Currently working on youtube and my new Pokémon team. Might come around every-so-often, if I don't get too busy.

Jesus christ its scorch! how ya been buddy, we missed you around here

snivy, i was going to suggest you try and make a monotype team. i know showdown have their own seperate lobby for monotype players. im goign to try that afte ri finish my sun ubers team

Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude is offline 物語は既に神と悪魔の手を離れて独り歩き

I had to give up on Pokémon for a bit before I rage quit, but otherwise I'm doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch_the_Breeder_Dude View Post
    I had to give up on Pokémon for a bit before I rage quit, but otherwise I'm doing well.
    Welcome back person I've never seen! And welcome back to me as well,

So lately Hudson has been ignoring me, It's
    Making me sad

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    Post a link! I already saw Justin's a few days ago in his thread.
    What's our tourney idea?
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...e-My-RU-Team-3 and http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...rst-Ubers-Team

^I put my ubers team up, as well. And our tourney idea was to stop any wars for a while and have tourneys here instead to improve ourselves

So, I'm saving up for a 3DS XL, and now this 2DS comes out... uh, I'll probably stick with the XL.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

2DS? Really?

My monotype is for Black 2 Eevee, not competitive lol. I'll be posting what happens in the Recent Happenings thread, and possibly the 5th gen monotype thread (probably B2 RH though). I'm going to continue with my Ubers Rain team now as well.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 29th August 2013 at 9:26 AM.

Page 693 of 858 FirstFirst ... 593643683689690691692693694695696697703743793 ... LastLast