View Poll Results: Are you Entering the NU Tourney

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I Am

6 60.00%
  • No I'm Not

4 40.00%
Page 698 of 907 FirstFirst ... 598648688694695696697698699700701702708748798 ... LastLast
Results 17,426 to 17,450 of 22659

Thread: The Hoenn Triangle

I guess I'm thinking they are overrated in their designs and popularity, more than how good they are. Vaporeon is amazing in battle and it probably my favorite eeveelution but things like Umbreon and Espeon especially are just fawned over when in reality aren't all that special.

Quote Originally Posted by poix_the_yak View Post
    I guess I'm thinking they are overrated in their designs and popularity, more than how good they are. Vaporeon is amazing in battle and it probably my favorite eeveelution but things like Umbreon and Espeon especially are just fawned over when in reality aren't all that special.
    Eh that's people for you. You'd probably be able to find something like them in pretty much every popular series. For example take Yugioh. The Blue Eyes White Dragon and (to a lesser extent) the Red Eyes Black Dragon recieve similiar praise even though they're not that good anymore besides from their attack. I mean, they were good once but the game has moved on now.

ttp://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-48540622

Sharing another close call match with you guys. Any thoughts on my team and how I could improve?

(Remember the h in front of the link.)

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer0336 View Post
    ttp://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-48540622

Sharing another close call match with you guys. Any thoughts on my team and how I could improve?

(Remember the h in front of the link.)
    Once again, great battle. I've never really been into UU because of all the subs and priority that I've noticed but I'm realizing it's not actually much more than in OU. One suggestion is that I've noticed you have 2 or 3 pokemon weak to stealth rocks. You could consider getting a spinner but honestly I don't know if you'd need one.

-poix_the_yak: Yeah, the only way I can think of to integrate a spinner on my team would be to switch our Bronzong for Claydol. They're kind of the same and allow me to work Rapid Spin into the mix. Something to consider, thanks!

That could be a cool idea. They have just about the same moveset - SR/EQ/Toxic - and similar defenses. Claydol's offenses aren't as good but it has access to Ice Beam for flying types, or you could give it Trick + Choice Scarf to get rid of other Rocks layers.

Definitely a viable option. The only thing that I could see that makes it hard to consider is less resistances.

2 options- switch something for Xatu (Magic Bounce could work with you; you do switch around a lot and force switches) or switch something (maybe Heracross) with Hitmontop.

I'm going to start this Ubers Sand team. I'm going to use Tumblr moving pictures, but only this time around. Because they look cool. Sorry Poix and others if this causes issues.

Obsidian (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
    Sand Stream
    252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower

Was going to go for the bulky set, but I don't see TTar as a good special tank unless he has some decent Special Defense, which would mean cutting Attack. Crunch is a reliable STAB, and beats up Mewtwo, the Latis and most other stuff. Pursuit nails Pokémon switching away from TTar's wrath. Stone Edge beats up Lugia and Ho Oh. Superpower nails Dialga and opposing TTar.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 2nd September 2013 at 10:46 PM.

I don't think he should switch out Heracross for Hitmontop, Heracross has saved his *** a lot according to his replays. And maybe it's just me but I wouldn't use Xatu (or espeon in OU) because they are easy to predict and take down since they have low defenses.

I still feel like Claydol is your best bet.

Also guys - Yveltal told me to tell you guys that he's busy and won't be back until october! :/

Hmm, interesting input. Thanks, you guys. Definitely something I'll theorycraft in my upcoming matches.

Yveltal won't be back until October huh? That's a shame.

@ Trainer0336, try Claydol, and see if it works out for you. It could be useful, and it could set up Stealth Rock. Which is always useful.

For everyone planning to get X and/or Y, which will you be getting, and why

im going to be getting Y. i play alongside my friend and sister, who always seem to get the same game, the most popular of the 2 (pearl, soul silver, white 2, etc.)

so i get the less popular one, (diamond heartold, black 2, etc.), and so we can trade version exclusives. i also seem to prefer the legendary of the less popular one.

however, this time, i think Y, will be much more popular than X, but im going to try being mainstream this time

I'll be getting both, because I can. There's another reason, but it's personal. But it's why I'll get 2 games in October. I'll probably play X first, because Xerneas looks cool. Don't know what my team will be ATM. Probably Froakie, Helioptile, Noviern, Gogoat, Inkay and Pancham.

I'll be getting Y. I prefer the evil devil looking bird to the fairy deer.

That biased reason is pretty much my sole driving decision maker there. I'm trying to stay as uninformed about the new versions as possible so there's more surprise during my playthrough.

I don't really care about surprises in the game. I usually know them all by now anyway, so it doesn't affect me. I also have to help my friends out, so I sort of have to know.

Going back to make an Offensive Ubers Sun team.

Imma get X cause I really want a fairy legendary
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Yep. I'm curious to see who the third legendary will be...

Quote Originally Posted by snivy trainer View Post
    2 options- switch something for Xatu (Magic Bounce could work with you; you do switch around a lot and force switches) or switch something (maybe Heracross) with Hitmontop.

I'm going to start this Ubers Sand team. I'm going to use Tumblr moving pictures, but only this time around. Because they look cool. Sorry Poix and others if this causes issues.

Obsidian (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
    Sand Stream
    252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower

Was going to go for the bulky set, but I don't see TTar as a good special tank unless he has some decent Special Defense, which would mean cutting Attack. Crunch is a reliable STAB, and beats up Mewtwo, the Latis and most other stuff. Pursuit nails Pokémon switching away from TTar's wrath. Stone Edge beats up Lugia and Ho Oh. Superpower nails Dialga and opposing TTar.
    #yougottauseexcadrill
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

You do know I'm making a Sun team now right? I cannot keep my decisions.

Recently switched Deoxys D to Deoxys A for my lead on my Ubers Rain team. So far so good.

Sol (Groudon) @ Leftovers
    Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - Dragon Tail

This is probably my favourite Groudon set- it can take Physical hits like a champ and dish out some decent damage. For an example, Choice Band Zekrom with Outrage only 3HKOes with Stealth Rock on the field, whilst Groudon 2HKOes with Earthquake with Stealth Rock on the opponents field, which is likely considering what Groudon does. Arceus Normal's Life Orb unboosted Extremespeed has a 50.51% chance to 3HKO with Stealth Rock on the field. Which is incredible. Earthquake deals decent damage to most Pokémon that don't resist Ground, and those that do are hit hard by Stone Edge, bar Bronzong and maybe Skarmory/Ferrothorn. Stealth Rock is there to break Sturdy, Focus Sashes and things like that, and Dragon Tail forces switches, which is useful against +2 Extreme Killer Arceus.
    Last edited by snivy trainer; 3rd September 2013 at 1:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    For everyone planning to get X and/or Y, which will you be getting, and why

im going to be getting Y. i play alongside my friend and sister, who always seem to get the same game, the most popular of the 2 (pearl, soul silver, white 2, etc.)

so i get the less popular one, (diamond heartold, black 2, etc.), and so we can trade version exclusives. i also seem to prefer the legendary of the less popular one.

however, this time, i think Y, will be much more popular than X, but im going to try being mainstream this time
    I've been planning on getting X since the day the games were revealed. And it luckily turned out the I like Claumcher and Swirlix better than Skrelp and Spritzee. Plus Xerneas is sweet.

Btw, I might leave around the beginning of October so I don't spoil the game. Just warning you all.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

OK Hudsonn. I already know what my team shall be, so I'm not fussed. I don't really care if all my Pokémon are caught early or late game. I'll just use members of the team I have until then.

im guessing that the activity here will drop a bit after october 12th. can we put x and y stuff in spoilers till we've all played the game

I'll put X and Y info in spoilers until I've beaten the game.

I'll get on with my Ubers Sun team.

My plan is to buy X since Y is too mainstream. I think I might try not to look at any spoilers till I beat it.

I'm just trying to relive that feeling of when I got Pokemon Red. Everything was fresh and held a surprise or two and with every new generation I see / research too many spoilers.

Yeah, Y might be too mainstream, but I can't help but to prefer looking at a demon looking creature as opposed to a fairy deer. *shrug*

Page 698 of 907 FirstFirst ... 598648688694695696697698699700701702708748798 ... LastLast